What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,621 comments
First thing I did after checking to see if my save data wasn't borked was to bang out this livery for the Cosie
FiV9iE-XwAQ_CH2

Hi, can anyone help or know of a guide or tips for the manufacture race demo at Spa, I was driving the Mercedes and the Beetle, I have come second twice, strategy is affecting me plus minor penalties too, second time around i was driving better and i pit around lap 5 or 6 when Tyres and fuel need replacing, it rains but i didn't find wets were needed and was ok on dry tires, I went RS and then RH first time with Mercedes then went RM twice ( ended up with 3 second penalty existing pit lane and race fell apart, the beetle was rubbish in the wet on dry tires, so I'm thinking wets next time, and also can you repeat the race if you come first or one time only, thank you so much for any help, that is what i did today :S
I won with the Subaru with R/H tires to start,rain came down heavy,crashed out bad,had to fight to get to pit,put on I/M's,got the lead back fairly quick,won comfortably,and it only pays out once.:cheers:

Last edited:
Last night? I placed my bets for the events going on over the next several days, though I likely won't be too interested in the viewer's campaign. Though maybe I'll take a look on the other days - just not today, since I'm gonna be with some relatives for the holiday. I also bought the Porsche 550 Spyder to finish the Extra Menu featuring Mid-Engined Porsche models, though I decided to wait until after this morning's update to claim the engine ticket.

I also bought a black Pontiac Trans-Am with the firebird decal from the UCD. Not even sure if I'll make a livery for it, since that'd mean removing those awesome decals. Definitely gonna install a widebody and custom wheels, though, plus other aero parts. Not sure if I wanna do an engine swap, even though I already have the engine. I suppose I just wanna wait and see what other cars the C6 ZR1 engine may end up being compatible with. Which means to save credits, I'm not gonna tune it at all just yet. I think I may take some photos of it in scapes, though, once I install those aero parts.

As for what I'll do next? I think I'll check out the 25th anniversary events in Sport Mode, including the new online time trial. They look pretty neat!

Last edited:
Sold all duplicate cars for about 2M credits total. Got gold in all sectors and lap for Road Atlanta (looks like a fun track for Sport Mode dailies) and bought a Cosworth (!!!!!) 🎉😎 Too tired to do more as work was a bitch today 🤣

I won with the Subaru with R/H tires to start,rain came down heavy,crashed out bad,had to fight to get to pit,put on I/M's,got the lead back fairly quick,won comfortably,and it only pays out once.:cheers:
I also won Spa with the Subaru. I started on RS's and FM6. Got lucky, barely a drizzle. Pitted for more RS's and gas.

I then banged out the new events at Road Atlanta. I used my Mach 1 in the American Challenge, the BMW VGT in the Turbo Sportscars, and the Tomahawk in the Gr.1 Prototype Series.

Completed the Circuit Challenge at Road Atlanta and ran a Custom Race there, too.

Last edited:
Spending the Thanksgiving holiday at the aunt’s, so I hopped on GT7 today before dinner to see everything in the anniversary update.

Very excited to have another real American circuit in the game. Road Atlanta is a very fun track when you get it right. It was especially fun in a Super Formula car. I managed to beat the Circuit Experience easily after a few tries. The Beetle is not my favorite Gr.3 car to use, but I managed anyway.

And no doubt a lot of folks are excited about the selling cars feature, though it won’t let you sell multiple of the same car until the next day. I figured there would be a small caveat, but this is better than waiting even longer for the feature to come. Personally, I like collecting, so I probably won’t be using the feature often, but I know people who have cars they couldn’t care less for can finally get rid of them for cash.

Overall, great update.

Last edited:
A few days before today I completed my classic wheelstand from Gt Omega with an additional frame and seat. Neat and fun.

Did I play GT7 with it? No. Will do that on the weekend.

Today I just sold cars, collected two missing tickets from the cafe and received the Mazda VGZ from the daily ticket. Won’t complain about it, but of course I just sold all VGT cars before that.

I tuned the new Ford but I don’t think I will use it for LeMans.

With the new credits I am thinking of a new custom grid with formula cars.

I just won’t grind anymore. Just doing races for fun is my way to play…

@Eggstor 6lap RS on the spa race. Thats impressive. Makes me look like an amateur in tyre saving, which I definitely am. 4 laps on fm1 and im like hamilton complaining about my front tires being done. Anyway, I managed the aforementioned 4 laps on soft tires, pitted for mediums for the last six laps, for a easy win. Lots of driving today, just shy of 900 kms, most of it with my z4 bmw.

Last edited:
Checked out the Sierra and Road Atlanta, must say don't like the road textures used for the track, other than it's good fun too race on, thought I'd try a world final demo race, qaulified 5th, was last at end of lap 1, finished 3rd :) , didn't drive like a maniac like some in Monaco did :) .

@Eggstor 6lap RS on the spa race. Thats impressive. Makes me look like an amateur in tyre saving, which I definitely am. 4 laps on fm1 and im like hamilton complaining about my front tires being done. Anyway, I managed the aforementioned 4 laps on soft tires, pitted for mediums for the last six laps, for a easy win. Lots of driving today, just shy of 900 kms, most of it with my z4 bmw.
The BRZ is a lightweight even with BoP. That's the car I used in the last 2 Human Comedy missions successfully. I can't speak to the tire wear of the other cars, but I'm not surprised they're worse given the greater weight.

With the dropping of Road Atlanta, I did the CE for it and got the 1.2mil. But, despite being so excited for the track that is all I did on it thus far. Can't wait for it to show up in next week's Dailys (unconfirmed but they have to, right?!).

Most of the day was spent on Daily A so I love me some Gr3 and am sick of RBR already. Other than that it was just cashing in the 2mil for the previous TT, and checking out the new things going on. Sold a car or two but will do more of that later. Bought the Ford in the UCD because FOMO.

Jumped on the 2 account, cashed in the 2mil for the TT and bought the McLaren F1 GTR (ouch).

Last edited:
Obtained all the update cars available so far, posted my time trial at Big Willow, got 3rd on the race there with the Escudos, and pared down my duplicates a little. Got 800k to go for the Jag that's in the UCD then I start saving for the 95 McLaren he has. That'll leave me seven cars to buy from him.
I stopped briefly at Tokyo Expressway and Road Atlanta but didn't race them.
I might be able to win the 800k needed in the new events
Oh, and I caught up on extra menus.

On the Plus account, I grabbed all 4 new cars, and answered the first question of the Viewer Campaign to get in line for 1,000,000 Cr. (something I also did on the GTP account). I then golded the Road Atlanta circuit experience.

As it didn't take me 26.2 miles, I ran the American FR Challenge in my trusty Ford Mustang GT. It took a last-turn pass of the Sierra to win in 5:01.5. The all-cash 5-star Wheel of Despair gave the middle-showing/lowest-possible 100,000 Cr.

I quickly popped back to the GTP account to see if the time-gate on selling cars resets at midnight GMT or midnight local (CST in my case). It's not midnight GMT, which leaves midnight local and 24 hours as the possibilities.

Previously I dropped from A/S to B/B in sport mode, mainly because they introduced the closer rolling starting gap, which simply meant more chaos on lap 1 turn 1. Haven't played in a while, then today I did 9 races to crawl back to A/S. Surprisingly I found that high B/S lobbies are actually more civilized than A/S lobbies, I managed to do all races clean until I get to A/S, then it was one incident after another. In most of those I was the collateral damage, and somehow my SR didn't drop and I didn't get any penalties, maybe they have improved the penalty system and now it can actually tell who's at fault? Or maybe it was because Red Bull Ring was spacious enough so that I didn't get any wall collision penalties when pushed off track, previously at Trial Mountain I got a lot of wall collision penalties in accidents.

I checked out the update, bought the new cars, sold about 50 of mine, played the new events succesfully except failing miserably and painfully at the GR.1 one on Road Atlanta and the Escudo one on Big Willow. Had some car troubles IRL, but that's another topic.

Thanksgiving isn't really a thing here, but I hope y'all enjoyed yours! :cheers: :gtpflag:

Hopped on yesterday (haven't played today yet, gotta work and all that jazz...) bought the BMW, Sierra and Silvia, claimed my roulette tickets (won some high lift cams and a 2JZ engine) and then hopped onto Road Atlanta for some laps. I've never driven this circuit, nor even seen a lap on it, so I didn't really know what to expect.

I decided to take my Aston Martin Vantage S there for an arcade race, set to easy for noob level knowledge! And my god it's going to take some getting used to! The blind braking and turning points kept catching me out and I ran off track so many times, especially at the little chicane / esses at the top of the hill in the first sector, and that last right turn for the finish I kept running past into what I assume is an escape road? Anyway, that was my first attempt.

So I entered the American 550 race in my C6 ZR1 which is miles OP for the event, but handles like a go kart and goes like a rocket. Now having a little experience I knew a bit more of what to expect and managed to keep it mostly on track, running off only a couple of times pushing a bit hard and once more missing the final turn. But an easy win.

I think with this circuit I'll eventually get it, but it's a tricky one. I'm definitely NOT entering the Gr.1 race there until I've got my head around it!

Then off to Willow Springs in the Escudo for some time trials. Managed to keep it mostly on track (turbo lag into rocket mode isn't the most conducive combination on an unforgiving track like Big Willow!) and ended with a 1:13.8XX lap. Shall be back for more to see if I can creep up into gold time. Just need to find half a second!

Last edited:
Hi, can anyone help or know of a guide or tips for the manufacture race demo at Spa, I was driving the Mercedes and the Beetle, I have come second twice, strategy is affecting me plus minor penalties too, second time around i was driving better and i pit around lap 5 or 6 when Tyres and fuel need replacing, it rains but i didn't find wets were needed and was ok on dry tires, I went RS and then RH first time with Mercedes then went RM twice ( ended up with 3 second penalty existing pit lane and race fell apart, the beetle was rubbish in the wet on dry tires, so I'm thinking wets next time, and also can you repeat the race if you come first or one time only, thank you so much for any help, that is what i did today :S
My first attempt I went RS for 5 laps than RH for the remainder. No need for W or IM as the rain was a light sprinkle. Made a few bad mistakes so only managed 3rd.

2nd attempt this morning went RM for 6 laps and RS for 4, again no need for IM or W, and won by 10 seconds. You can afford a few mistakes and penalties in this race.

Both times I used the Porsche.

Last edited:
Not much just grinding money up to 50m with nothing to buy.

Hope to buy the normal 94 F1 and I pretty much giving up on ever owning the fxx-k thanks pd. :redflag:

Raced Tokyo for my Ticket, got a 4star and a brake disc for a RX7, nothing for winning as I've hit 100million in the bank, kinda sucks reaching it and need those last 2, 20 million cars from Hagerty's real soon :) .

I got to 1.5 seconds off the best circuit exp. time at Hotlanta. Then did the three main events at Atlanta.

Jerome

On the GTP account, I sold a few more cars. I'm disappointed the day wait is a full 24 hours, and not reset at either midnight UTC or midnight local, but not nearly as disappointed as those who have, say, 412 Honda NSX Gr.B's to unload.

I then cleaned up most of the new races. First up was the Historic Sportscar Masters at Willow Springs Big Willow, done easily (if not cleanly) with a tuned/engine-swapped Nissan 300ZX in 7:41. Next up was the European FR Challenge at Brands Hatch Grand Prix with a 2007 BMW M3, which proved too easy (though again not cleanly) at 5:22. The American FR Challenge at Road Atlanta fell dirty to the Camaro SS (I know, it's over 550 PP, but that "American" Ford is quick, and Solis brought a Viper) in 5:00. My Tokyo-tuned Radical's superior handling and braking allowed me to take a dirty Turbo Sports Race at Road Atlanta in 7:50.

I took a look at the Road Atlanta Gr.1 race and, as I don't have a modern Gr.1 car, packed it in for the account for the morning, taking the low-showing 10,000 Cr. from the 3-star Wheel of Despair. I came back later to answer the 2nd-day question.

On the Plus account, I answered the 2nd-day question and tried some different cars/strategies on the Road Atlanta Gr.1 race. I finally found it, at least for normal and my (lack of) skill level - the Red Bull X2019 on RH, full downforce (1000/1600), the ECU turned down to 89%, FM 6, short-shift at 14,000 RPM on the first 13-lap stint and at 15,000 RPM on the second 12-lap stint, and a full load of fuel and tires on lap 13. I eked out the win by 2.3 seconds over the 3-stop Wong and 9.0 seconds over the 2-stop Miyazono, turning 25 laps in 30:52.

No, I didn't get the CRB, which made the 320,000 Cr. that much more disappointing. The engine workout roulette gave a RX-7 engine.

Last edited:
Ran one LeMans with the '69 Corvette. As I was bumping the Credit cap, I finished out the Gr.2 Menu,(buying three cars I didn't need) and got a BMW engine as the reward.

The wheel coughed up another invitation for a One-77.

Well, not today but yesterday.
I continued grinding on Sarthe (World Touring Cars 700) with Audi Quattro Pikes Peak (easy win by the way), gathered about 12.000.000 and bought this beast!!! 😀😀😀😀😀😀

R.f52951a94dfee1f14e9ccb9d80dc625b

Last edited:
Back