What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,619 comments
Did my daily marathon at Tokyo 600. Tried to use FM1 in the big straight and keep FM6 for the remaining of the track. Does the trick well but the pit stop is longer due to more fuel needed to finish the second stint.

Better times this way, did a few 2'01 and 2'02, even achieved an 2'00 on the last lap while passing cars 🤯

Sadly a stupid AI did a trick on me, just before the end of the long straight, where there is 3 lanes, AI was in the middle lane, I was coming with a big speed delta, I aim for the right, AI goes to the right, ok, I change my option and aim for left, AI change suddenly and goes left, too late to change course, I tried to slip through but I failed :mad::yuck: bye bye CRB :ouch:

I wanted to do another Tokyo to get closer to the price needed for the Mark IV but that dumb AI got on my nerves.

For the daily marathon got a 4 stars, which got me the usual 30k... meh.

Did my daily marathon at Tokyo 600. Tried to use FM1 in the big straight and keep FM6 for the remaining of the track. Does the trick well but the pit stop is longer due to more fuel needed to finish the second stint.

Better times this way, did a few 2'01 and 2'02, even achieved an 2'00 on the last lap while passing cars 🤯

Sadly a stupid AI did a trick on me, just before the end of the long straight, where there is 3 lanes, AI was in the middle lane, I was coming with a big speed delta, I aim for the right, AI goes to the right, ok, I change my option and aim for left, AI change suddenly and goes left, too late to change course, I tried to slip through but I failed :mad::yuck: bye bye CRB :ouch:

I wanted to do another Tokyo to get closer to the price needed for the Mark IV but that dumb AI got on my nerves.

For the daily marathon got a 4 stars, which got me the usual 30k... meh.
Yeah, the AI act like a bunch of drunk idiots going down that straight. I've found it best to stay all the way on the right side of the track as far as you can. The AI tries to get out of the way from the pit exit lane, but then move back left once they pass it.

On the GTP account, after buying 6 Toyota Supra RZ's for future engine purposes and widening 3 of them, I tried something a little different - a 1-stop strategy at Sardegna with the Ford GT Race Car. I had to hound Beauvois into pitting for fuel on lap 14, but I managed a win. The first stint was on FM5, with the second mostly on FM4, with 2 laps of FM3 at the end.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a racing crankshaft for the BMW Safety Car. Just what I didn't need with four 20,000,000-Cr. unicorns (three of which I don't have on either account) coming back to Hagerty's in the next week.

On the Plus account, it was the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final's turn in the Grindy Double. The gearing on the Gr.3 car makes mileage an issue, at least on the first stint. I turned a 1:41.4 on the final lap to make it an easy win, so it has the speed.

Good news/bad news on the roulette side - I got an engine ticket, but it was for another NSX Concept engine. I really need the Escudo and R92CP engines because that's the only way to estimate the donor cars' prices. I should be able to get 2 of the unicorns the next time they come through Hagerty's on this account.

Last edited:
Last night I ran the Gr.2 SC430 GT500 at Spa 1-Hour. That car sounds like a SLS AMG. Beautiful sound. I still need to make a couple tweaks to the suspension to get my best times there, but it's such an OP car for that race. Lapped the whole field twice. Got 30k from the 4-star ticket.
The SC430 GT500 is my favourite Sardegna grind machine. Grip for days, traction for ages and the sound is just lovely.

-----------------------------------------

Done my usual grinds today, but not as much as previous days. Decided to get my Sarthe grinder a new livery and spent most time of my game time on it. Discovered you can put slicks on the Honda RA272, but not sure if they are just cosmetic or actually give the car more grip.
Then did another race at Sarthe for the daily mileage. 3 star ticket. There were 3 stacks of gold bars on the wheel, a crank shaft and a car I don't want. Got the lowest credits value on the wheel, 100K credits. Not bad.

Just bought the Honda S800 '66 to complete one extra café menu, I've received a SF19

And finally bought the NSX '92, which allowed me to complete 2 extra café menus. Got a motor (Mazda 787B) and a NSX Gr.B.

Now I need to grind 4M to buy the Ford Mark IV before it is sold at LCD.
Same here, Bought the S800 and NSX '92 to complete the menus. Got the SF19 and an NSX Gr.B. Wound up with the Aventador motor.

So I bought another 25th Anniversary Countach for the swap.

I tuned the '92 NSX and ran it at LeMans once. Good car, not as lively as the '02 NSX.

Got 500k from the wheel. A good day overall.

Last edited:
Culling my garage again. Down to the four unsellable RB25, stealth RX-vision, GT500 Supra and Country Yaris.

GT4 Supra and E30 are the only other cars I own.

.. A tale of 2 races and 2 different cars..

1). 1st race: TM/HCP with the newly acquired Strassenversion, ended up get'n my butt handed to me by 4 seconds by that Vulcan POS banging around to take the W.. smh.. but in all reality, it started in the 1st lap with all them tail-draggers blocking off my apex/lines forcing me to sit back and accept it so I would hopefully not lose my CRB, but nooooo, I end up "tapping" the back end of some car, bye-bye CRB.. incredible!.. only tap of the race and that blows it.. anyways, I take 2nd.. np.. onto race 2..

2). decided to take a break from my Italian & German rides & go American!

Ride of choice ??.. my '06 Ford GT @ the American Clubman Cup!

.. hadn't kicked the wheels for awhile so figured, why not.. all I can say is ewwww-weeee.. I forgot how fast that mf'er was.. not only did I win the race/cup, but I did it so filthy fast it wasn't even fair.. I mean I felt like I was run'n my Enzo, yeah, it was that fast.. 2nd place was :48 behind me.. strange stuff, it had that same Enzo feel to it (minus the super-tight cornering), but the acceleration, passing ability, etc.. was just like the Enzo, I felt like a giant swatting kids around.. that car, 9:52 for 5 laps, damn near the same time..

I gotta get out more now that i've got my final purchase with the Strassenversion.. that '06 was pretty much a wakeup call to my entire garage and the other tracks outside of TM/GV & DF.. helluva' night fellas, more lessons learned/acquired.. i'll check back soon enough.. until then, focus, don't watch the clock, race your asses off, but most of all keep it safe, CRB!.. LoL!

NW.

Last edited:
Lots of grinding to make up for the Ferrari invite so I now own 2 of each of those invitation cars and have over 90 million credits again. I used several of swap cars today for my grinds and actually managed 2 wins in a row at Tokyo with 2 different cars (swapped Cappuccino and then swapped MR2) and got both CRB. I only managed to win with the Cappuccino before I got VR and there was no CRB those times. VR definitely makes things easier, still can’t believe I bought it, but GT7 is giving me my times worth with it. I ran the swapped DeLorean and TVR at Le Mans a few times and then the 26b RX-7 at Sardegna which I hadn’t attempted since I stopped using TCS and countersteer assist and it proved to be quite the challenge to keep under control, especially when the rear tires wore almost completely out.

Last edited:
Normally I keep fighting the Timetrial but had set a nice time way into gold and could not lower it anymore, to much Barca the last week, don't have to grind anymore cause i got them all so what do yuou do then????

I took the Swappalicious F40 Enzo to the Ferrari challenge on Maggiore, Detuned it to 700PP and to make it interesting putted sports hard on it :lol: so 500hp on SH...... that was fun!, still no competition ofcours, more of trying to handle it and slide thru traffic :lol:
did it 2 times, got 4 star ticket wich i haven't opened yet, prob 5000 :lol:

20970291039263264.jpg

Last edited:
Did my usual (for now) combination of a Sardegna grind followed by a handful of fun races using cars newly bought from the grind money. I've changed my view from bumper cam to driver POV for some added spice.

Then I've been driving a tail-happy 1961 E Type around Brands Hatch. Slithering about in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS on a rainy Nurburgring. Punting a Lancer Evo final Group B road car up and down the hill at Mount Panorama.

The wheel of occasional delights dropped 30k, which is 30k more than I would have had otherwise.

I’ve did 5 B daily races today.

First two races of the day were a disaster.

R1 they pushed me of track in turn 1
Started P4, finished almost last…..

R2 started at the back in A/S lobby.
Someone in front me of was sleeping when we started. Wanted to avoid him and crashed into the wall. Finished last…..

After that I had 3 good races.
1st, 2nd, 1st 😎

Finally I’ve reached DR A for the first time!

Attachments

• 6F978B47-960D-4893-8198-A1E40182598D.jpeg
    6F978B47-960D-4893-8198-A1E40182598D.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
  • D7CCE651-74FF-409A-AA62-8A48D97E6E0B.jpeg
    D7CCE651-74FF-409A-AA62-8A48D97E6E0B.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Fired up Daily B, did some qualifying, lasted about 3 laps into the race until I got punted to oblivion, then sat in my chair wondering if I even like this game any more.

Finally managed to buy a second hand Supra to drop my Huayra engine into, and my God that thing is rapid! I've barely tuned it, aside from wide body, computer, and the non-power mods, and it's sitting at just under 700 PP. Destroys at 700 PP and almost keeps up at 800 PP races...

186e25bd31856-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_429781734092462_1678834898798.jpg

After completing in 19 hours menu 39 and unlock the top griding races ( that happens yesterday ) i took my favourite le mans car and did 3 races .
Two was on torrential rain that keep more than one lap and force me at 4.55 laps ( slowest ones ) but .... gave the benefit of exactly 30 minutes race.
The third was a 7 lap race but was my fastest one till now and i break the 4.24 barrier .
In order that i play them
IMG_20230315_203142794.jpg

IMG_20230315_210247231.jpg

IMG_20230315_215830763_HDR.jpg

Also i reach collector level 30 buying some cars for the extra menus.

Did my tokyo grind as cool as possible, FM6 all along (except at the start to get rid of everyone before the first turn), then cruised along and been extra-careful when lapping the last AIs in the final laps. Got my CRB. Cool. A bit closer to the Mark IV.

Sold a few cars. A bit closer to the Mark IV.

Was tempted to sale the Gr2s I don't use, sold the NSX one, and hesitated between keeping the GTR or the Lexus. Did a lap with each on Catalunya GP layout and the Lexus was 2 second faster, I kept that one.

As I was "hot" on that track I decided to give a last chance to the TT in Sport Mode. Tried first with my M3 Gr3, beat my previous record on the first try, cool but still 2 seconds away from silver. Tried 4 or 5 laps with very little improvement (when it was not worse). Tried then with a rented BRZ, and did improved a good bit but still 0.9 from silver on my bestest lap.

I've lost hope to reach silver before the end of the challenge, I'll have to content myself with 250k tomorrow morning... Which will bring me a bit closer to the Mark IV.

Maybe I'll do better on the next TT challenge in Sport Mode, by tackling it sooner in the month, that way I'll be able to get more training.

Watched videos of various content creators who get gold as if it is really easy, applied their advices in terms of breaking points and so on, but still seconds away from silver, so gold... :indiff:

Last edited:
On the Plus account, I wondered why the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Gr.4 has only 5 gears while I ground Sarthe with it. Still, it was thrifty enough to do a 1-stop win on a dry track, even though I changed tires on lap 4 out of an abundance of caution.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair dispensed yet another smallest-possible 10,000 Cr. Guess I should be happy it wasn't a 3-star again; after all, it's been 3 days since one on this account.

On the GTP account, I used the Lamborghini Huracan Gr.4 in a wet-and-sloppy Sarthe race. The 3-star Wheel of Despair gave not the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr, but an ECU for the 2002 Dodge Viper.

Did my usual grind, getting me up to 45mln credits and get a bit tipsy from sipping on the straights. Good times! With the help of the daily ticket of Torment, which boosted the credits with an extra super generous 10,000 credits, I surely can't complain...... Imagine have to do without! The horror!

Did another livery for the RA272, inspired by the drink of the evening.

I took the Honda Ra to LeMans and I couldn't control it so I need to take it back to lab and tweak it a bit. So then I took the Aston Martin VGT to LeMans and it was another monsoon so I ended with almost a 4 min lead so by the time I got to the end of lap 6 I just waited a minute and half to cross the finish line. Got 10k from a 4* ticket

kjb
I took the Honda Ra to LeMans and I couldn't control it so I need to take it back to lab and tweak it a bit. So then I took the Aston Martin VGT to LeMans and it was another monsoon so I ended with almost a 4 min lead so by the time I got to the end of lap 6 I just waited a minute and half to cross the finish line. Got 10k from a 4* ticket
What are the issues you get with the RA272?

-------------------------

I used to dislike rain during that race, but it's actually very nice. The AI is so stupid, you get a lead big enough to just wait at the finish line and still win and not have to start an 8th lap.
I got torrential rain a few times today, if which one of them resulted in only a 5 lap race. I could have done 6, but decided to slow down, so I didn't have to do a 6th 😂
I do love this track, though. If it's a full dry race I'd happily do 8 laps, but in heavy rain I prefer to do as few as possible.

Last edited:
Started the Tokyo circuit experiences. Man am I hitting the walls. Got to find two seconds to completely godl the first one. I'll get there!

This is actually yesterday and not today, but I forgot. Went on with my WTC800 championship with a few more rounds completed with the Enzo:
  • Tokyo Expressway was a very smooth victory, it's a full power track where the Enzo can overwhelm everyone else on the main straight. Easy win even though I barely managed a one stopper.
  • Dragon Trail Seaside Reverse was however not really a great race, I'm bad on that track and even worse on the reverse layout. Managed to win but wasn't a fun race.
  • Catalunya was once again a very similar situation to DT, even worse since it's a very technical track that really puts some effort on the front tires of the Enzo. A really fought out victory thanks to Portilla going to the pits for a second time at the end of lap 9, with 20% of fuel still in the tank and RH tires. Thanks, I guess?
  • Monza, yeah! Finally a place where the V12 could show its supremacy! Fast, incredibly fast, and an easy one stop victory.
  • Sarthe was basically the same of Monza, the Enzo was even more dominant here.

Only the Spa 1h left, already won the "season" so it'll all just be about the money, which unlike Yi Long Ma I do want. Wheel of (Mis)Fortune gifted me a Dodge Charger Hellcat from a 4* ticket, it's a duplicate but I'll keep it for now and maybe look for a tune.

A Tolyo grind (only 200k missing for the Mark IV), a test drive at Laguna Seca's Sport Mode TT with a rented Mustang GT '15 (awful, but you have to start somewhere I guess).

I need some credits to buy the Mark IV, and a Mustang GT '15 as preparation is allowed, if I want to have a chance, I need my own with a decent tune.

Not really motivated for another Tokyo, but that the easiest way of getting credits so... I take a break and I'll see.

Didn’t have the F50 and 911 legends, couldn’t face the grinding, so sold all the expensive Brand Central cars from my garage. Have about 25 million left for future purchases after buying the 2 legends.

Took the Ford GT 2017 around Willow Springs on stock tyres and was distinctly underwhelmed. It felt heavy and unresponsive, more of a cruiser than a sports car. Changed the tyres to RH and things improved for five laps of the madness that is Laguna Seca. Not sure if I am going to persevere with this car or switch to something else from the collection that I haven't tried.

The wheel of occasional delights gave me an occasional delight - 500k. Couldn't see anything in the legendary dealership that I fancied so sat on my wallet for now.

I managed a win at the Tokyo rain in the 88 Countach with Praiano’s 600 pp tune which was my first win there in a car without an engine swap. VR makes finding the line much easier, and I managed to win with without any wall riding or traction control. I’ve definitely improved considerably since getting VR. Did a bunch of the other grind races, got a 4-star ticket that gave me a stage 5 weight reduction for the Aston Martin One-77 which I can’t buy yet but not a bad reward. Ended the night with 96 million credits.

Took the Ford GT 2017 around Willow Springs on stock tyres and was distinctly underwhelmed. It felt heavy and unresponsive, more of a cruiser than a sports car. Changed the tyres to RH and things improved for five laps of the madness that is Laguna Seca. Not sure if I am going to persevere with this car or switch to something else from the collection that I haven't tried.

The wheel of occasional delights gave me an occasional delight - 500k. Couldn't see anything in the legendary dealership that I fancied so sat on my wallet for now.
I DO actually read your posts in the voice of Geoffrey Palmer now...

Especially when you mention "occasional delights".

I'm enjoying seeing you on BBC4 with "Jean" 👍

Back