What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,629 comments
Got 3 dry races at Sarthe today. Did them with the RA272, RH FM6, no stops needed. Didn't have to save tyres neither, but the rears wore out far enough to lose grip sometimes. The fronts didn't wear down to even 50%. I might have to check my setup.

Daily ticket got me a Subaru BRZ S '21, which sells for less than the smallest amounts of credits on the wheel.

Sold my Ferrari 330 P4 and the Ford GT Mark IV to purchase the McLaren F1. After I did that, I took the car out on Special Stage Route X and Grand Valley. I then bought another Aston Martin V8 Vantage to modify. I added a widebody and some aero parts, along with some power and handling upgrades. I decided to take it out to Catalunya. I then bought a 2017 Ford GT and drove it around Watkins Glen, which was a lot of fun. Cars handles great! I then sold a few more cars that I had no interest in keeping, after which I bought a 458 Italia and took it to Road Atlanta.

On the GTP account, I bought another Honda S660 for this week's WRS time trial as both of mine had been altered for attempts at the Kei car races. I then ran a 1-stop race at Sardegna with the Aston Martin DBR9. I probably could have ran FM4 all the way, but I played it safe and ran FM5 until I got to the front stretch on lap 5.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair didn't pay for anything as it gave me yet another Toyota Crown Athlete G. I did hang onto it for future tuning purposes though as I won't make 20,000,000 Cr. before the 1994 McLaren F1 sells out, but will before the last of the 20,000,000-Cr. Hagerty's unicorns I still need does on its next appearance.

On the Plus account, I started off by buying said McLaren as the next race will get me back over 20,000,000 Cr. That dipped the number of cars left to buy on this account to 22 (all from Hagerty's) and the present value of those 22 to a "mere" 210,250,000 Cr.

I celebrated by using the Suzuki Escudo at Sardegna on a 1-stop strategy. I used FM6 throughout, shifting with the HUD rev counter at halfway the first stint and 2/3rds on the second, and going flat-out on the last lap (1:33.8) to finish in 24:46.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair insulted me with a semi-racing muffler. Figures.

Last edited:
I bought the two new LCD cars and I have now had GT7 long enough to see a full cycle of all the legendary cars and once the Mercedes 300SL W194 comes back again in a week or whenever I’ll own 1 of every legendary car (excluding the hostages). I finished the skyline menu and that engine ticket gave me the K20 Civic engine and no idea which car I want to put it in since I have 4 options. Did a round of Sardegna with the Pagani Huayra and then a round of Spa with the CLK-LM and decided to call it a night after I got a whole 30k from the 4-star ticket.

Ran Tokyo CE, the counterclockwise layout of the first layout (Center?). Improved on my time each time I managed to complete a lap but still .5 off of Silver. I find it difficult to orient and place the car properly to carry enough speed through the latter sections. We'll see how things develop...

Bought the old Skyline and got my café menu Skyline event. The reward is a 6* ticket but for an engine 😖

Bought a Z8, a Prius and another car I've forgot at UCD to complet my collection.

Did my daily marathon on the TT, trying various tunes to compare them.

Got a 4* ticket which ended up in the lamest price AGAIN, 10k

I bought 10 Cappuccinos

I hope they were decaffeinated otherwise...

hyper coffee GIF

I took the AMG Black to Tokyo on IMs big mistake for me. The rears wear after 3 laps as the track dries and I had really bad crashes where I lost leads of 15 seconds twice. So I am going to tweak it a tad to make it more stable for me using SS tires. I took the Aston Martin VGT to Lemans. Got 10 k from the wheel

kjb
I took the AMG Black to Tokyo on IMs big mistake for me. The rears wear after 3 laps as the track dries and I had really bad crashes where I lost leads of 15 seconds twice. So I am going to tweak it a tad to make it more stable for me using SS tires. I took the Aston Martin VGT to Lemans. Got 10 k from the wheel
Weird I go till lap 7 before pitting I'm also on IM tires.

kjb
I went back and was looking at some videos with the AMG and I think I suck 🤣. Seriously I probably need to ride the walls more
Just wall ride the first wall for the first 6 laps and just use half throttle on most turns and don't down shift below 5th gear most of the time.

See pitting on lap 7th and I still have tires left, this way I can finish the race on only 1 pit stop.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230323192255.jpg

Last edited:
On the Plus account, I dusted off the Alpine A220 Race Car and sent it off to Sarthe. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, I did some laps at Tsukuba with the Honda S660, After that, I took the Viper Gr.4 to Sarthe, where it was so wet and the AI's tire choices so poor that only 2 official lap times were set out of 121 laps run by the AI and me (I was the only one to do 7 laps, and I had only 1 of the official laps). The engine ticket gave me an Enzo engine, which at least I didn't already have, though I really want an Escudo or R92CP engine for pricing purposes.

Tried some more Tokyo CE but eventually gave up and went to Red Bull Ring and just smashed it. Amazing how different the difficulty levels are between tracks.

Did 2 rounds of Spa, 2 LM, and 1 of Sardegna, and then bought another CLK-LM and put a livery on it to easier tell it apart from my other one. Ending the night with 39.5 million credits and I only need 3 legend cars (excluding hostages) and just 1.1 million more credits to buy them and then I’ll start grinding to buy out brand central and continue my quest to own at least 1 of every car (and doubles of my favorites).

I did the World GT series with the Aston Vulcan, which is quite good by the way. Not as fast as the Gr2 cars, but still plenty quick for the AI. I then bought the Kenmeri GT-R to complete the Skyline extra menu. I ended up getting the Escudo PP engine from the resulting ticket. Now that it's going to be chilly this weekend, I might as well grind some to get another CLK-LM and maybe even the DB3S.

I took the AMG Black series to Tokyo but this time I used the walls. Got to lap 7 with the tires. I also used a little bit more finesse to make sure I didn't spin out. I did end up spinning out 3 times the last 2 laps but my wife distracted me 🤣. I took my 2nd 787b to Sardegna but it felt off so quit and checked the setup against my first one. The setups were way off the 2nd one had more horsepower but felt slower. I removed the high rpm turbocharger cut down the ballast because I had the car to front heavy and adjusted the power restrictor and ECU. Then I went back to Sardegna and it was like a brand new car. More responsive and much quicker. Got one shafts for a 2009 ZR1 which installed. I saw CLK in Hagertys and thought getting it but declined for now. I want to grind some more.

Finally bought the CLK GTR. What a blast to drive this car. Created a custom race with old neo-classic touring cars. 15 laps on Spa, with pitstops from morning till midnight. What a great experience.

The only real shame is that the AI slows down so much to let you win….

Today I just keep on grinding I'm trying not to get caught with my wheels down for when the 97 F1 race car comes I need 5, and of course or if I get the Ferrari invite.

The 3 star ticket stuff gave me... Know what I didn't even let the wheel finish spinning before closing the game pd can keep there crappy prize.

I’m just about to do Menu Book 39 on my new account
I’m hoping the Atenza is good because I paid 450k for that and I desperately don’t want it to suck

Grinded one Tokyo 600, needed some change to buy the Stratos.

Got an invite with my 4* but for Pagani, which I don't need ATM.
Done another Tokyo grind.

And finished the café menu with neoclassical cars, done RBR and Fuji, 1st place each time, mainly thanks to the poor pit strategy of AI, because I am not on point with the 962C and those tracks.

No more café menu, just two extras where I need a Veyron (invite needed) and the old Porsche Spyder type 550/1500/RS ’55

With the 5* reward ticket I won a Huracan GT3 '15 :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back