What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,177 comments
The GTWS race on the GTP account was so much a disaster, though it was a gifted 8th (1 driver waited until lap 12 to put on intermediates, the other 6 behind me either slogged through on slicks or rage-quit), I didn't bother with the Plus account.
What's GTP, GTWS, and plus? Sorry, I'm new to GT so I don't know a lot about sport mode.

My GT7 today, 3 seconds taken off Brands Hatch S14 challenge 6 laps completed firmly inside bronze time insight of silver. Blue moon in a ZR1 C6 corvette, Watkins in my SuperBird 'the king' replica. Wheel gave me a Bugatti invite. I bought an 88 Toyota Supra from UCD with the intent to swap the engine at some point soon.

I bought a Ford Sierra and customised it. The car is fun to drive as it is, no tuning needed.

IMG_6082.jpeg

-Bought a new Corvette engine for my Silvia S14 and drove it around Watkins Glen.
-Drove my tuned Ford Sierra around Maggiore East.
-Drove my tuned Mercedes 190 E around Maggiore East.
-Drove the Dodge Viper GTS around Deep Forest.
-Added all the remaining upgrades to my tuned Viper GTS and drove it around Dragon Trail Seaside.

Tried the 240sx/SILVIA TT and some other bits and bobs. The more i do brands hatch , the mroe i dont liek it, maybe I need to go see the track in real life? Got/collected my one 1million creds for the AFEELA, glad to see that go in a volt. hehe

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240518141845.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240518141903.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240518142635.jpg

Last edited:
Did a bit of testing of some race ideas last night, which included a race in the 6 available '50s race cars at Big Willow.

To which, I discovered the AI cannot do turn 5 (the left hander after the slow hairpin) at that track in the A6GCS/53 - it consistently loses the rear end on the downhill corner entry and ends up spearing right into the desert instead of left.

Did some more work on the mid night club, and also recreated my own real life car in gt7. I drive a 2012 Honda Accord I4, and I used a Civic Type R 2023 to recreate it. Restricted the power, worse tires, accurate gear ratios, add a little weight and boom you've got a 2012 Honda Accord in GT7. Now to put 256,000 miles on it like the real one...

Finished the main game after not bothering with it for months! Got to the final GT World Series or whatever it’s called race at the Nurburgring one point ahead in the Championship, one lap round the Nordscheife starting at the back, another exercise in staying calm and not getting frustrated. First attempt, was about to finish fifth when I restarted, about +11 on leader. Second attempt, much better run, no massive mistakes, +6 and third place, still not quite good enough. Just not possible to go last to first over one lap, grrr.

Oh, hang on. I can buy soft tyres? Oh.

So yeah, spent about half an hour skipping congratulations from all the GT Academy drivers and sorry Sarah, happily married, cya. Now I can sell my cars, so I did that and basically gutted my garage in exchange for a LOT of credits, going shopping.

On the Nordschleife I drove the C 63 S to cover my need for the CLE 53

And while at it I missed the W 210 E 50, the W 211 E 55 K and the naturally aspirated W 212 E 63

In todays gaming sesh.....

• No Daily Races today! Suprise suprise!
  • Checked out my ranking, I am now 29th for Chevyville represent!
  • Bought a Silvia K AERO (S14) 1996 model in white from UCD.
  • Tuned it with LS7 engine swap upt to 1121hp and mods liek aero and vinyls stickers blast by BLITZ.
  • Did sum runs on Tsukaba, tried to drift it and failed hopelessly lol.
  • Then took it to Special Stage Route X and clocked about 289mph ont he straights, spun on the banked corners.
  • Then did the Clubman cup 700 on SSR X, won that race nice.
  • More weekly races chalenges and took sum snaps of it all!

Cool day chilled gaming times/vibes.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240519200131.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519202408.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519202437.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519203855.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519203540.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519202947.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519204210.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519210010.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519212543.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519212355.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519212802.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240519212841.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't have a lot of time so I just did some hot laps. I took the Merc VGT Gr3 to Laguna Seca then I used the Bvlgari VGT there. Then I took the Hyundai VGT to LeMans for a few laps. Got the daily marathon but didn't open the 4 ⭐ 🎫 yet

I completed Menu book 39. Yay!

I also sat through the entire end credits sequence waiting for something interesting to happen. Boo!

There were some nice scenes of Kaz enjoying himself though.

On the GTP account, it was all about the testing. I got to just under 1:48 at Daytona with the corporate Corvette Gr.3, while at Sarthe, my time was just under 3:26 in the Toyota GR010. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the 2nd-low-showing/lowest-legal 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I finally did the Weekly Challenges:
  • Blue Moon Bay American FR Challenge in 2:45 with a Plymouth Superbird tuned to PP
  • Colorado Springs Pickup Truck Race in 4:48 with a slightly-modified Toyota Tundra (full-custom transmission, dirt tires)
  • Watkins Glen Special Event in 6:25 with the same Superbird
  • Willow Springs WRC in 13:24 with a Nissan GT-R Gr.B tuned to 699.99 PP (though I probably should have used RH tires; the left-front RM tire was dead the middle of lap 5)
  • Road Atlanta Super Formula in with a stock SF23 Honda (which was easier to drive than the SF19)
Yet another 3-star Wheel of Despair (3rd of the last 5 and 4th of the last 10 workout tickets) puked out the 2nd-lowest-showing 10,000 Cr.

Hey, so what is the consensus on cutting a corner for an inside pass from behind. I’ve both done it and had it done to me (let’s use the chicane at Dragons Trail as an example).
Usually the outside car is in front and has a straighter line to the corner and when he dives in (as per the line) all of a sudden there is a car there at about his door or rear quarter.
Is there a protocol to who backs out… if anyone?

Is this
Good, bad, overly aggressive ?

I’m not trying to sway an answer, I really don't know

IMG_2831.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, so what is the consensus on cutting a corner for an inside pass from behind. I’ve both done it and had it done to me (let’s use the chicane at Dragons Trail as an example).
Usually the outside car is in front and has a straighter line to the corner and when he dives in (as per the line) all of a sudden there is a car there at about his door or rear quarter.
Is there a protocol to who backs out… if anyone?

Is this
Good, bad, overly aggressive ?

I’m not trying to sway an answer, I really don't know
The one who wants to survive to continue the race? The one cutting the corner would have to execute the pass without incident or else I would call it a dive bomb. Thoughts? Opinions?

The one who wants to survive to continue the race? The one cutting the corner would have to execute the pass without incident or else I would call it a dive bomb. Thoughts? Opinions?
If you are on the outside and paying attention, you know when you are under attack and you can see your edges show that someone is there but, I think the outside has to continue his line and take the corner. Taking the inside sure looks inviting a lot of the time though. From what I’m seeing though, if you’re constantly giving in to the aggressive move, you’re gonna get punked all day long.

Yesterday evening ended up being very productive for me. So far I've not been accumulating credits. My balance has bounced between 50k and 2M because when a car turns up that I want, I buy it. After finishing Menu Book 39 in my lunchbreak and opening up the Sardegna 800, I ran that race so I could afford the Veyron for which the invite had arrived nearly at the start of my journey through the menu books. That left me with 500k. Ran Sardegna again to top that up.

I used the Veyron to complete the Clubman Plus event at Route X. I then took the Tomahawk out for the first time (I thought I'd get to use that a lot more in the menu books but I'd bought it too late) to clear the US event at the same track.

Then went on to get all bronze on circuit experience at the Nordschl...whatever. Literally all bronze. I didn't get a single silver, never mind a gold 😂. After that it was still quite early so I ran the Spa circuit experience until I had all golds there.

Closing balance after all that was 3.6M credits, the first time in GT7 I've broken the 3M barrier, so I treated myself to that Mazda rotary showcar thingy in Legends.

Now that the career menu books are out of the way and the high paying grind races are available, I'll be focussing the rest of the week on building my pot. Target is to maintain a base of 30M to cover future invites or high value must haves.

Also I'll be checking on this week's TTs. I'm on silver at Laguna but only about 3 tenths off the gold cutoff so I'll have one more push for gold on that before it closes. Assuming noone has moved the goalposts too far since Sunday!

I'm on silver at Brands too, but there I'm 1.6 seconds off the gold cutoff, 4.3% away from the best lap I think, and I'm already ragged there so I'll only revisit that if the top time moves far enough to push me back to bronze. I think gold is beyond me there. Needs a radical rethink of how I drive the track. The difference is more than I'll make simply by optimising what I'm already doing. Silver's a decent payout so it'll do, gold won't cover the extra time commitment I'll need to make to go for it.

I bought a Ferrari Testarossa and had a surprisingly tough race at the Nürburgring against a TVR.

View attachment 1357220

I bought that one too. I thought it was the worst colour I've ever seen on a Testarossa so I immediately painted it Miami Vice white, but actually that light blue looks rather nice in your photo.

Also, sneaked in to gold at Laguna TT by 4 hundredths of a second. One day to go... not confident I'm going to hang on to it!

And.. McLaren F1 appeared in Legends so my plan to build a credit buffer just changed into a plan to grind like mad and then spend it all in one pop.

Completed 5/5 of the weeklies with the super formula Honda, took the lead on 14 on a none stop strategy, opposition pitting late. Won by 14seconds over second place. 500k for the ticket, 160k for the win and 4* ticket gave me a GAC which is a duplicate, still got it, put a JPS paint job on it for now.

On the GTP account, I redid the last 3 of the Willow Springs races:
  • Silvia Sisters in a hard-fought 4:19 with a max-tuned (but not engine-swapped) 618-PP 2002 Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero
  • Historic Sportscar Masters in a relatively-easy, yet close (at least with the Lamborghini Miura in the lineup) 7:54 with a stock Ferrari 512 BB
  • Jimny Cup in an easy 4:55 with a slightly-modified (280 PP) Suzuki Jimny XC
The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the usual low-showing 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I ground Sardegna with the 2008 Honda NSX GT500. It is a bit thirstier than I remembered; it went through 95% a fuel load in less than 7 laps. The race also saw a 26:30 out of SuperDuperFraga, but since I did a 25:10, that didn't matter.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the larger, though lowest-legal, of the 2 cash prizes, 30,000 Cr. That leaves a "mere" 17.3 million Cr. to go to get the last unicorn, the Ferrari 330 P4.

I thought it was the worst colour I've ever seen on a Testarossa so I immediately painted it Miami Vice white, but actually that light blue looks rather nice in your photo.

The colour was my main reason for buying it actually, as it’s my girlfriend’s favourite. Part of my plan to make her a Gran Turismo fan ;)

Took the LaFerrari to LeMans 700 pp. Got 3 laps at FM6 and the monsoon came in right as I made my pitstop. Ended on lap 6 waiting by the finish line. Took Lexus VGT to Sardegna. Fun little car and I was able to get about 11 laps at FM3. I went the whole races without any incidents until the last lap 🤣 . Then I took the FT1 Gr3 to LeMans. That car has great fuel economy I was able to get 4 laps @ FM3 so you could do FM6 and not have to pit if it doesn't rain. Rain came at the end of lap 3 so I pitted and put my controller down and when I did that I inexplicably choose the do not refuel. So I was going to have pit the next lap which I did. Since the rain was starting to die down I switched to inters. Bad decision they were worn down by the end of lap 5 so I pit again but instead of staying on inters I make the mistake on putting RH on. Coming out of the pit I spun. Ok no problem I still have about a 30 second lead. So just for kicks and giggles I hit water puddle going into Mulsanne and spun going about 160 mph. So that 30 second lead is gone. In fact I fell into 3rd place. I was to catch up with P1 but I was never able to get more than a 2 second lead. So the moral of the story don't set the controller down before you refuel 🤣🤣 I got 30k from a 4⭐🎫 and a carbon drive shaft from another 4⭐🎫 I had from the other day

Latest Posts

Back