What do you call them?

What do you call it when you stop the bike on the front wheel?

• Stoppie

Votes: 51 71.8%
  • Endo

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Nose/Front Wheelie

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Endo.

That's what they have been called in BMX/Trick/Flatland riding for as long as I can remember. You can't make me change now.

The difference between the two terms used to be that the stoppie was rolling while the endo had the bike pivoting around a stationary front wheel. This was years ago mind and times change.

soptom
The difference between the two terms used to be that the stoppie was rolling while the endo had the bike pivoting around a stationary front wheel. This was years ago mind and times change.

That was always the way I remember it but like you say, times change. :)

Mind you, when you're doing them from 70+ (:sly:) mph I call them something else. Something I probably shouldn't post here. :)

I knew the word endo when I was young from a lucas arts pc game called full throttle but now have learnt to say stoppie because it doesn't sound as silly in my head and I think more people would understand it.

I had Full throttle too, it was amazing. I call then stoppies though. Endo's are indeed when the front wheel is stationary and the back wheel pops up.

According to Wikipedia

Endo:Endo, a cycling trick, otherwise known as a stoppie

Stoppie:The trick is performed by harshly engaging the front brake and leaning forward.

THere is loads more so ill just post the stoppie link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoppie

I remember some guy telling me they are called nollies once, I said mate we're not talking about skateboarding here they are obviously called stoppies. He was having non of it and was adiment(sp?) they are nollies lol.

Looks pretty conclusive then, stoppies it is. Thanks for everyone's input.

HondaRider
I remember some guy telling me they are called nollies once, I said mate we're not talking about skateboarding here they are obviously called stoppies. He was having non of it and was adiment(sp?) they are nollies lol.

A nollie in skateboarding is when you jump with your front foot going up first(whereas ollie is your backfoot) and has nothing to do with bikes as far as I know.

It's a stoppie as far as I'm concerned. That's what they're called in GTA Vice City & San Andreas - both of these games record in your stats the time & length of your longest stoppie. But as this is a GT/TT forum, not a GTA forum, I'll stop now (escuse the pun!).

Back