How much time are you willing to give Polyphony?

• Thread starter m76
  • 48 comments

How long are you willing to wait?

• < 2 weeks

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • 1 month

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • 2-3 months

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • 4-5 months

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 6 months

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • > 6 months

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it's a video game you can put it on the shelf or uninstall it for 10 years and still come back to it, lmao don't be so dramatic
If we can, we'll see what happens to GT Sport when the servers drop. What happens there could happen to GT7

I don't get what people are expecting from an update, the update will literally add content worth a few hours to a day then it either turns into a grind again or you put the game down. Nothing can make the campaign better for anyone who has already played through the current cafe

Pretty much why selling betas that you finish later is never a good idea.

Last edited:
It is an answer. Just not representative of how you feel or the pre-determined conclusion you’re trying to pull out of people to justify with this poll.

I too, will give them as long as it takes. I really do think that this will be the best Gran Turismo yet. Despite its extremely rocky start
As I was trying to explain which you conveniently ignored, there is an expiration date on fixing the game's economy. If they don't do it soon it means they made their choice: They think it is fine as it is.

You either think they should do something, or you think the game is fine as it is too, but you can't at the both time hold the conflicting views that the game is flawed, but you don't care when they fix it, if ever. That's cognitive dissonance.

m76
As I was trying to explain which you conveniently ignored, there is an expiration date on fixing the game's economy. If they don't do it soon it means they made their choice: They think it is fine as it is.

You either think they should do something, or you think the game is fine as it is too, but you can't at the both time hold the conflicting views that the game is flawed, but you don't care when they fix it, if ever. That's cognitive dissonance.

The only “expiration dates” are the ones you arbitrarily provided us when you opened the poll. The only real expiration date is if PD and Sony announce the franchise’s end (not likely), or when Gran Turismo 8 drops.

The games admittedly broken economy isn’t going to ever stop me from playing this game. Same goes for if they never gave us a single piece of DLC. I feel like I have already gotten my money’s worth out of the game, and I’m probably only half way through the single player content, haven’t done a custom race, and only 2 sport races. This of course, is just my personal and subjective opinion

My Mangsta is keeping me occupied for now :D
Nah, in all seriousness, I'm expecting monthly content updates to start mid/late April, so I'll see what the April and May updates bring.
If there's at least one more location, two handfuls of cars, and most importantly IB level (and beyond) events that pay us more for our time and effort by the start of June, I'll know this game is getting better and on the right track.

I'll wait as long there's a short BOP race at a good track every week or whenever they refresh. I mostly only get a chance to play on weekends anyway.

I did it today. This game is trash.

GT2 couldn't have been patched after the game had been burned on the disk. That should be standard. Not beta games sold at full price.
Making games are getting harder and more expansive unlike the old days. More advanced technology, accurate sound, visual, physic, etc. Because of these it will take lot of time. and players don't want to wait 5 or 10 years, so nowadays lot of games came out when is just 70-80% finish, and update later on. My guess is Polyphony future plan and new content update would cost them lot of money so they implemented the micro transaction

I'm willing to wait at least a year to see if there's any changes that entice me to play the game again. If not, i may end up uninstalling it so i can make room for other games and then revisit it later once i've got all the PS4 games i want to play done and dusted.

Last edited:
I'm probably judging on a Weekly basis. If the falsely advertised Daily Races are interesting to me that week, I will play a bit. I will be nice and say if one of the three are at least worth hotlapping then I may play. If that is not the case, I probably won't play that week. Also in terms of the World Series, the same Nations race over and over doesn't interest me and Dodge being much slower than the meta is annoying so I probably won't be too active there.
I would say that I will give them a few months at max no matter the Weekly schedule of races, but with Forza Horizon adding things I want to the game in about a week, I'm not really sure what to say yet.

The only “expiration dates” are the ones you arbitrarily provided us when you opened the poll. The only real expiration date is if PD and Sony announce the franchise’s end (not likely), or when Gran Turismo 8 drops.
The expiration date is on the fix, if they don't do it soon, they never will. This is starting to feel like I'm trying to explain rocket science to babies.
The games admittedly broken economy isn’t going to ever stop me from playing this game.
All I could think of each time I was forced to use some lame prize car the game handed out through the menu book, that maybe I should stop playing the game entirely and wait until something, anything. The single player content is tiny to begin with compared to previous titles, at least I should be able to enjoy it with cars I actually want to drive.

Last edited:
There are plenty of other amazing 10/10 games out there worth peoples time. Xbox/PC Game Pass is a prime example.

No need to wait for Polyphony to make amends. Move on, play a decent game in the mean time.

Latest Posts

Back