How much time are you willing to give Polyphony?

• Thread starter m76
  • 48 comments

How long are you willing to wait?

• < 2 weeks

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • 1 month

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • 2-3 months

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • 4-5 months

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 6 months

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • > 6 months

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m76

Hungary
Hungary
How much are you willing to wait for Polyphony to do something meaningful to address the economy of the game before you call it quits?

I mean actual changes, not just promises.

Think I'll jump back on ACC for a bit and then check back on the next update.

If they don't introduce some worthwhile events or change the economy then I'll see how I feel then. This game can still be a massive success and it won't take a lot to make it so, it's whether they want to please the customer or the shareholders.

I have finished the menu books and Im moving though the remaining events. Im not interested in racing online. If I run out of things to do solo, more events, maybe daily/weekly challenges, I will put the game down and only maybe pick it back up for major content updates in a few weeks at my current pace

I will wait until the next update to make a more informed decision. If that update goes in the same direction as the last, I will uninstall and revisit it in a year.

Sony/PD/Kaz seem to have made a few poor choices which have made a potentially very good game look pretty poor. The economy doesn't really bother me that much, but the appearance that they've pushed towards MTX does bother me. It will be a while before I can afford a multi-million credit car, and I'm generally okay with that. I had several in GT5/6/S and hardly used them, and there isn't any content that requires any at the moment either.

The AI that crashes into me, the online bugs and crashes, and the very short amount of offline events are the things that really bother me. I expect that, within the next few months, updates will sort out most of these issues. I hope.

I play daily and don't plan to just stop. I'm still enjoying myself. But I can see why some of you do make the choice to stop. I therefore sincerely hope that they will change/add things very, very soon. I don't mind more events tho.

m76
That's not an answer. It takes less than a week to do something. If they could nerf the payout in a few days they can do the opposite also in the same time. Or they can enable car sales, it does not take months.
Sure it is. I've got other games to play if I feel like it. I'll give them all the time they need to fix it if needed. I play console games just for fun, hardcore racing I use the PC for, so it's not an extreme situation in my eyes.

Considering GTS launched in 2017, and they've had.... checks calendar 5 years to develop a game, I'm not going to stop the criticism. I will keep playing, but the issues won't go away

Sure it is. I've got other games to play if I feel like it. I'll give them all the time they need to fix it if needed. I play console games just for fun, hardcore racing I use the PC for, so it's not an extreme situation in my eyes.
The point is that if they don't show any willingness to do it in the short term there is absolutely no reason to think they'll ever address the issue. So either they do it soon or never, it's unlikely for them to add high paying races and car sales to the game a year from now.

m76
The point is that if they don't show any willingness to do it in the short term there is absolutely no reason to think they'll ever address the issue. So either they do it soon or never, it's unlikely for them to add high paying races and car sales to the game a year from now.
Okay? If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. I'll still play it regardless because it's a bit of fun for me personally.

Finished the café menus, I may have one race here and there that I did not win, but as there is no way to know except open the tracks one by one...

I am working on the mission challenges with the goal of golding them all, same for circuit experience (which also lacks a way to know which tracks you've done and if it bronze, silver or gold)

As I am more a casual driver, I know it will take time to gold all this and it very likely that I won't be able to achieve gold everywhere, but I'll try.

If I gold everything (or lose motivation to do so), I don't know what I would do in the game if there is no new content.

I try to get all the trophies I can but I find some very dumb (buy 10x the same car... wash a car 10x...) and some other nearly impossible with the state of the economy like "get 3 legendary cars" (which ones?) as I don't intend to grind for monthes to have enough credits.

So I have plenty to do now but depending on my motivation to reach my goals, I may stop playing if no new content is delivered in a few months.

I did it today. This game is trash.

GT2 couldn't have been patched after the game had been burned on the disk. That should be standard. Not beta games sold at full price.
I remember reading some clown saying we should accept these games being sold like this and how they progressively get better. LOL

A game should not start out like **** because your daddy Kaz/PD got greedy. It should start off with skies the limit, not your wallet being the limit.

m76
That's not an answer. It takes less than a week to do something. If they could nerf the payout in a few days they can do the opposite also in the same time. Or they can enable car sales, it does not take months.

It is an answer. Just not representative of how you feel or the pre-determined conclusion you’re trying to pull out of people, to justify this poll.

I too, will give them as long as it takes. I really do think that this will be the best Gran Turismo yet. Despite its extremely rocky start

Last edited:
I finished the solo stuff and don’t do much online. The game launched with like a third of the 300 races GT sport has with themed cups. It’s kind of a joke honestly.

I’ll probably check back in but bummed I paid $70 for a GaaS with promises of content later.

Last edited:
For me the issue will sort of become less appalling as PD gradually adds more events and more variety to World Circuits. I mean, the economy would probably still be sour, but more things to do would eliminate the incentive to grind specific events on repeat, which I loathe as a matter of principle.

For now I’ll just keep playing with a somewhat moody face, because for the most part I enjoy my time with GT7. It’s a strikingly flawed game, but it still ticks some boxes for me.

Also, I friggin’ purchased this game, so binning it because PD comes across greedy would effectively turn my purchase into a donation. No thanks. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't get what people are expecting from an update, the update will literally add content worth a few hours to a day then it either turns into a grind again or you put the game down. Nothing can make the campaign better for anyone who has already played through the current cafe

I've resigned myself to waiting for like 4-5 months. I don't think we'll get any major content updates until PD completes one full cycle of legendary dealership. That seems like that might take close to 3 months. And then I think they'll start pushing events out. So I voted for 4-5 months as that'll be the key time to see where the game goes after they've milked the MTXs.

Although this comes with the caveat that my daily participation will probably drop off soon. There's not many road cars that I have left to buy, I bought all the Gr.B cars, I bought a couple of Gr.4 cars but those events are not fun with the 630pp requirement where you have to tune down all your cars. That really only leaves Gr.3 left for me to explore. I bought the better Gr.3 cars already. It only leaves me now with about 4-6 cars in that class that I would like to play around with. Right now there's is no point of getting anything higher than Gr.3, no races to take your Gr2/Gr1/hypercars. That also leaves the legendary dealership, but I'm not planning on buying anything expensive until better payouts come.

A couple major updates and some hotfixes I think. The next 4, maybe 5 months are going to decide whether or not GT7 is at all worth my time, because for now it indisputably isn't. 1.09 is going to be a very interesting and indeed important update.

But then again it doesn't look like PoDi/Sony - I'm not sure who's to blame here but I'm leaning towards Sony being the culprit - really want me to play this to begin with, what with the game's economy this reliant on microtransactions.

Last edited:
I don't get what people are expecting from an update, the update will literally add content worth a few hours to a day then it either turns into a grind again or you put the game down. Nothing can make the campaign better for anyone who has already played through the current cafe

Getting the Redbull X2019 from all gold license tests really shows how unfinished the game is. The car isn’t even eligible for any race at 958 PP. The cafe is a tutorial.

Back