What do you hate the most about GT5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSJ3_Raditz
/topic.

For me, I really hate how they got rid of many of the old tracks. I wanted Seattle, Midfield, Apricot, El Capitan, Infineon, Aria, Amalfi and Motegi, instead I got 3 Fuji Speedways and 2 Sarthes which I can barely tell the difference from each other. They also got rid of Suzuka West while keeping Suzuka East intact. :indiff:

I only hate standards, but really, I wish PD hadn't raised our expectations so high making us think there was 1048 premium cars.

I hate the extreme abundance of Skylines, Miatas, RX7s, Evos, Stis, and just about any Japanese car. Whenever I go to the used car dealership, I really only have ten cars to choose from because the rest are just the cars that I previously mentioned. It's ridiculous to need over 50 variations of one car. Most non-Japanese manufacturers featured in the game don't even have more than 50 models to begin with. 51 variations of the Skyline is just unnecessary. Yeah, I understand that the game's designers are predominately Japanese, but really, we need balance. The ratio of Japanese to non Japanese cars is way out of whack. That's my two cents.

/topic.

For me, I really hate how they got rid of many of the old tracks. I wanted Seattle, Midfield, Apricot, El Capitan, Infineon, Aria, Amalfi and Motegi, instead I got 3 Fuji Speedways and 2 Sarthes which I can barely tell the difference from each other. They also got rid of Suzuka West while keeping Suzuka East intact. :indiff:

lol Interesting Thread Starter...

"FLOODGATES... PREPARE TO BE OPENED"

The pathetic carrer mode and game structure and how B-spec is getting more attention than it should.

I hate the extreme abundance of Skylines, Miatas, RX7s, Evos, Stis, and just about any Japanese car. Whenever I go to the used car dealership, I really only have ten cars to choose from because the rest are just the cars that I previously mentioned. It's ridiculous to need over 50 variations of one car. Most non-Japanese manufacturers featured in the game don't even have more than 50 models to begin with. 51 variations of the Skyline is just unnecessary. Yeah, I understand that the game's designers are predominately Japanese, but really, we need balance. The ratio of Japanese to non Japanese cars is way out of whack. That's my two cents.

Fortunately, Kaz admitted there were too many variations of Japanese cars in GT5. So hopefully, he won't go crazy with them while making GT6.

Last edited:
I think the main thing I am disappointed with is to see that the core singleplayer game hasn't evolved at all.

Singleplayer, offline events have not changed a single bit in essence since GT1. You get the most powerful car possible in the regulations, usually get the artificial challenge of starting at the back, and take one lap to pass everyone and then sleepwalk (drive?) through another 4 laps.

Rinse and repeat for all singleplayer races.

It really is "The Real Driving Simulator" instead of "The Real Racing Simulator", at least offline.

The AI. This is supposed to be a racing game. Why do I have to tune my car to almost 100HP less than the competition just to make it competitive? It's been said that GT5 is a car encyclopedia. We'll a little more than that. There are many games out there with comptetive AI, what the problem?

What MiketheHockeyFan said. I only play offline and find it to be rather boring as far as a racing game goes. I used to find a lot of entertainment with tuning and testing cars, but the removal of the test track (why?) and the way they changed the tuning menus around made that aspect much less fun.

So what do I hate most? I hate that it isn't keeping me entertained like previous titles and mostly for really dumb reasons.

I only hate standards, but really, I wish PD hadn't raised our expectations so high making us think there was 1048 premium cars.

This + 1000000000000000...

PD made us think we were going to get something supernatural in terms of visuals with all the publicity they made with the delays & all the time they "took" making this game... yet it feels like they spit on our face once we got it... 800 cars with PS2.5 visuals, lego shadows & clouds of dust... come on!!! :grumpy:

This + 1000000000000000...

PD made us think we were going to get something supernatural in terms of visuals with all the publicity they made with the delays & all the time they "took" making this game... yet it feels like they spit on our face once we got it... 800 cars with PS2.5 visuals, lego shadows & clouds of dust... come on!!! :grumpy:

That's what happens when there is no competition. There ARE other racing games but none that really attempt to be "GRAND". If there were we'd have two or more fantastic products.

What I hate most is all the missed opportunities / poor decision making

whats crazy is that with all of its faults it still offers more than other games I guess thats why people keep playing it

Has that glitch where any savedata over 4000kb wont work still here, i hate the thought that my game will eventually be unplayable >:[

The engine sounds, e.g., Sauber C9 sounds badass in real life (YouTube videos) and in GT5 it sounds like a leaf blower 👎

PS - The C9 sounded great in GT4 ... go figure

There are things I think could be improved, but nothing I hate. What I actually hate are the continuous threads about what people "hate". Have you tried to develop a game as complicated as this? Before the quake, things were being improved. And, I suspect things will continue to be improved, after things settle down over there. If you stop and think about it, we are really getting quite a bit for our money.

PiRacingChamp
There are things I think could be improved, but nothing I hate. What I actually hate are the continuous threads about what people "hate". Have you tried to develop a game as complicated as this? Before the quake, things were being improved. And, I suspect things will continue to be improved, after things settle down over there. If you stop and think about it, we are really getting quite a bit for our money.

I hate people who single mindedly change a decent topic into a rant about other people's opinions :S

The B-spec mode (up to Extreme), the X2010, the lack of (many) more events like in GT4, some standard cars, cars such as the Mazda Autozam AZ-1, grinding...

I've said this several times before, and i'll say it again, no saving during endurance races......that is all.

PD had best parts (+1000 cars , 30 tracks , weather & night , Rally & Nascar) but they didnt use them correctly. I hate this !

Things I don’t like… hate is too strong a word. (In no particular order… just as they come to me).

Can paint gold chrome on the rims of the RM Corvette but it doesn't actually come out gold. It stays the color that it was. Not sure what other cars this happens too. I'm sure there is more.

The PP system. It’s as accurate as if I wrote down numbers from 1 -999 on a dart board and threw darts at them. Especially the Buick Special which I strapped on a Supercharger increasing the horsepower and the PP went down. Woot… onya PD.

Grinding the massive point’s differential needed to advance in both A and B-spec.

The small amount of Event's.

No rally events.

Lack of tracks. Bring back all the ones in past games at least.

The sounds of cars. WOW… I’ve heard better sounding lawn mowers. From the cars I have heard in real life, the ones in GT sound nothing close to it.

The heap of repeat cars that are the same with different names. (Same thing PD, just a different name).

Gift restrictions... both credit limit on giftable cars and the gift limit per console.

Standard cars in general. Most of my favorites are standard and most of the fastest/best cars are standard also... which is just stupid.

Not enough RM cars.

The repainting of cars with a single chip is retarded. Should have a color pallet to pick from and reuse as many times as we want at a price of course.

Oh… and certain cars (especially the ones without livery or stripes) that can’t be painted. What the hell for?

Can’t stand the garage sorting options. Should be able to create our own sub folders to store the cars we want the way we want.

The 20 million credit limit.

The amount of credits you receive from a race. Made worse by the 20 million credit limit AND the price of some cars.

The user interface is so convoluted. It takes you through 5 menus (including the home screen) just to start a bloody race.

Shadow of the cars looks like a shadow of a castle.

Online versus offline. How can it be different? It shouldn’t be but it is.

B-spec. No sector times like in GT4, no fast forward like in GT4.

Replay's can’t be fast forwarded or rewound like in GT4.

Can’t modify the esthetics of cars beyond a paint job and some ugly wings and a few ugly rim options AND THATS FOR THE PREMIUMS.

The AI is dreadful. If I gave 5 controllers to 7 year olds, I would probably have a slightly more difficult time beating them over the AI.

No saves during Eduro’s and Championship events.

There are more to write down but my birthday is in a few months. Overall… not a bad game considering. I do play this game as much as I can. I do like the game. It could be so much better all things considered, especially the hype that KY spun about the game before release.

I do HATE the argument of “have you ever tried to develop/make a game yourself”. PD are a team of professionals and had many many years to perfect it. Not to mention the GT’s before this were awesome. Come on; look at where they have come from to where they have gone/are.

Last edited:
A Fine thread. Perhaps PD will see it and get some ideas and move forward having seen areas they can improve. With that... i add my criticism. :)

1). The lack of tracks from former GT versions. It is in my view that if a developer creates a sequel and expects to make monetary gain from said sequel... that they should include as much content form the prequels as possible. There are no excuse for this. Just plan greed and slackness from developers. Plus... so much good content wasted and all because users can't access it because developers never included it.

2). The lack of a feature rich statistical environment. The game doesnt even build on previous BASIC stats. Why can't i find out how many online km's i've done or A spec km's? Why can't i find out how many laps i've done of a certain track and how many of those were 'clean' laps. Why isn't there any stats to tell me how many online races i've won? So SOOO many things that shoudl be in current generation games but this stuff gets forgotten time and time again by developers.

3). The lack of online "Time Trial" world and friend leader boards. Umm hello PD.. how popular was this in GTHD? And how long have people yearned for it prior to then? I thought for sure it'd be in the final GT5 given it was in there. But there i was left wondering WTF PD do all day... stand around with their c*** in their hands looking at toy cars?

4). The severe lack of what i'd even call "Current Generation" features in Saved Replays & the playing back of said saves. Why can we not fast forward or rewind a replay by seconds/mins/laps? Why can we not frame advance/retreat a saved replay at any point the user desires? I'm sorry but we had more in depth feature sets in 1999 in Quake 2 then what this "Next Generation HD Game" can even dream of! Even a user assignable description of a saved replay would be great.

5). The completely missed opportunity (yet again) of the "Live Timing" mode. Its so great! Untill you get in there and want ot know who's got the fastest lap classification so far. Oh damn... its not readily available in the U.I. Or who has the fastest 2nd sector time. Or of its the users P.B. sector time... the list goes on.

6). The very poor driving H.U.D. I mean please... This thing has been around for how long and you cant' even give us another two or three to chose from on top of it? Here's a novel idea. How about making it user customizable and letting us have access to every possible data field so we can let you guys chill out in your exercise room and have the "open source" style guru's make REAL user interfaces that contain MORE USABLE race data for the driver. You know... like relative split times fore/aft or hell... split times that actually ALWAYS show and not when they want to. A little number next to the sector time (LIKE OTHER GT's) would be great to... there's a lot of them in Nord!

7). Qualify. Ohhhh so close yet so painstakingly far. Great first go i'll admit. But the moment i get into trying it i immediately hit the wall of "WTF! why can't do do THIS or THAT.. what were they thinking!?"

That's not an exhaustive list. Just what i can come up with off the top of my head. I think its silly to say that PD are so great at games. Sure they do alot of things well but people are blinded by what they forgot they once had and just accept it because they have no real choice. But to me this is a continuation of a game once created. A series. If they don't build on it and make it better... deeper... richer. Then its not really a series like they have you believe.

How many iterations of GT is there? And how many times have these features had chances of being implemented but just totally over looked? If i acted like this at my work i'd be sacked on the spot for undue care and attention! We are expected to create MORE in less time... for cheaper then we did only 24hrs ago. I don't think its harsh to expect this from a multi billion dollar world wide company that sells millions of units every year... even if they don't make a product better then the last (just prettier).

Apologise for the length. Its just a shame to have such a good game engine miss out due to the finer details that should make it grand (and truely "Next Generation").

That b-spec enduro gives 50k credits and bullcrap experience overall, as well as a lousy prize car. After 2 hours of pretty closely monitoring 4 bobs on a 60 lap stint, I got, what, less money than I'd get in 4 minutes at Indy, some crappy Honda ricer concept whatever, and not even enough experience to level one level? Really? Come on PD give me an incentive to enduro race on b-spec. Or, better yet, just make leveling up take less than hours upon hours.

BTW I love the GT series and I guess you could call me a fanboy or whatever. It's sometimes hard for me to admit the flaws everyone else sees. However, like everyone I have my limits of what I'm willing to look past without mentioning and I found this one today :)

....[snip].. Come on; look at where they have come from to where they have gone/are.

Well written GT_Fanatic. Many (if not all) i agree with as well. Its a solid game as by itself. But you can't say that without being brand blind (think fanboy) and shortsighted. These guys are meant to be professionals and have been doing it for decades. Its just not good enough.

Well written GT_Fanatic. Many (if not all) i agree with as well. Its a solid game as by itself. But you can't say that without being brand blind (think fanboy) and shortsighted. These guys are meant to be professionals and have been doing it for decades. Its just not good enough.

Cheers bud... was just reading your comments also and was going to quote something you said. Instead I will just say that I agree with your dislikes totally and should have elaborated on each thing a little more like you did, but i think the message is known. :)

It is really hard to pick just one bad point but there's nothing I hate in gt5. More just dislike or annoyances.

Really hard choise between the short, dull and repetitive nature of the a-spec or the useless ai...

By priority:

1.Blocky shadows.
2.Unstable frame-rate.
3.Loading times.
4.Pointless carrier with almost no car limitations (=best car wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back