What do you hate the most about GT5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT_Fanatic69
Things I don't like... hate is too strong a word. (In no particular order... just as they come to me).

Can paint gold chrome on the rims of the RM Corvette but it doesn't actually come out gold. It stays the color that it was. Not sure what other cars this happens too. I'm sure there is more.

The PP system. It's as accurate as if I wrote down numbers from 1 -999 on a dart board and threw darts at them. Especially the Buick Special which I strapped on a Supercharger increasing the horsepower and the PP went down. Woot... onya PD.

Grinding the massive point's differential needed to advance in both A and B-spec.

The small amount of Event's.

No rally events.

Lack of tracks. Bring back all the ones in past games at least.

The sounds of cars. WOW... I've heard better sounding lawn mowers. From the cars I have heard in real life, the ones in GT sound nothing close to it.

The heap of repeat cars that are the same with different names. (Same thing PD, just a different name).

Gift restrictions... both credit limit on giftable cars and the gift limit per console.

Standard cars in general. Most of my favorites are standard and most of the fastest/best cars are standard also... which is just stupid.

Not enough RM cars.

The repainting of cars with a single chip is retarded. Should have a color pallet to pick from and reuse as many times as we want at a price of course.

Oh... and certain cars (especially the ones without livery or stripes) that can't be painted. What the hell for?

Can't stand the garage sorting options. Should be able to create our own sub folders to store the cars we want the way we want.

The 20 million credit limit.

The amount of credits you receive from a race. Made worse by the 20 million credit limit AND the price of some cars.

The user interface is so convoluted. It takes you through 5 menus (including the home screen) just to start a bloody race.

Shadow of the cars looks like a shadow of a castle.

Online versus offline. How can it be different? It shouldn't be but it is.

B-spec. No sector times like in GT4, no fast forward like in GT4.

Replay's can't be fast forwarded or rewound like in GT4.

Can't modify the esthetics of cars beyond a paint job and some ugly wings and a few ugly rim options AND THATS FOR THE PREMIUMS.

The AI is dreadful. If I gave 5 controllers to 7 year olds, I would probably have a slightly more difficult time beating them over the AI.

No saves during Eduro's and Championship events.

There are more to write down but my birthday is in a few months. Overall... not a bad game considering. I do play this game as much as I can. I do like the game. It could be so much better all things considered, especially the hype that KY spun about the game before release.

I do HATE the argument of "have you ever tried to develop/make a game yourself". PD are a team of professionals and had many many years to perfect it. Not to mention the GT's before this were awesome. Come on; look at where they have come from to where they have gone/are.[/QUOTE

Why do you even own this game ?

Why do you even own this game ?

I have owned and complete all previous GT titles 100%. I also only pointed out the many flaws of this game. Other GT titles have had there own flaws but i still loved them.
I also find the best in things which i have done with GT5. 👍

kids crying because they can't drift after 5 minutes and trying and search for the secret setup which allows eveyone else to do it when in reality it's all practice.

What I hate most is the absence of essential things that are extremely easy the add, yet they just didn't bother. I'm talking about Championship saves. Not even an auto-save between races. It's just not acceptable and all the more disappointing because earlier GT's did have it. Baffling decision making at PD. They should've patched it ages ago but they just can't be bothered.

Also: lack of any sort of practice and qualifying. Why? GT4 had it in race series and earlier ones in every race. Why drop it? It just doesn't make any sense. It's these decision that make me wonder if PD have completely lost touch with how a video game should be.

I don't see how this thread is different from the disappointment thread but anyway, I'm tired of beating a dead horse. Most of the things I've been saying have already been covered by the posters before me so I'll just put in the small things that make me go WTF?

1. You can't set the time of day/change time speed/change weather settings in practice in GT Mode.

2. You can't have a single race in practice in GT Mode (only one-make races).

3. You can't choose the game's tracks from the track icon in the bottom left corner of GT Mode (for some reason that's only for tracks you have created). This relates directly to the lack of options in practice mode because I can't do single races in GT Mode against a variety of cars.

4. So, you think, I'll just race in Arcade. Well the geniuses at PD have this nifty little RESTRICTION (read that? sounds familiar?) where you can only take your FAVOURITE cars or the ones they recommend. Oh, did I mention there is no way you can do time change settings in Arcade Mode as well?

5. Amazingly, these options are available only in online lobbies (open or private). So people without an internet connection are ****ed.

6. One of my biggest gripes however is this rolling start-catch the leader-within 5 laps structure of races. What is this? A parade?

7. The updates since 1.06. There have been 3 since 1.06 and all of them have been useless. 1.07, 1.08 were before the Tsunami. Just shows the direction in which PD are going.

The only positives in this game are the photo travel and photomodes. Even for photomodes I go online and race by myself to get some replays. I'd rather race by myself than against the AI. What does that say about the AI?

I'm sure there's more that I'm seething about but they'll probably be covered by others.

Dislike rather than hate, however the lack of content is my top bugbear. There should be more races, particularly the manufacturer’s races, I really miss them. Not enough rally races to compliment the decent amount of rally cars.
Otherwise, the 20 million cr limit really bugs me, the lack of mid race/championship saves is a pain, not being able to change the wheels on the standard cars and I’d still like better in race timing info rather than just how far ahead or behind you are. There are probably more, but mainly these.

Oflline.

No saves in endurance.

There should be a recomended car to use in A spec wich will give a challenge. As now i have to try and gues wich car can beat the race, while not being overpowered.

Online.

Timetrial leaderboards, for all cars.

More filters in online. it sucks i have to spend like 10 minutes to join a race only to find out the settings are not to my liking, or the host is no longer there to start the race.

I'm pretty satisfied with the game as a whole. Sandards don't bother me that much, lack of tracks is ok - we're probably gonna get more of 'em.

BUT!

When I'm racing online and I'm spectating, the server kicks me out when the race ends. This happens EVERY TIME. I always have to write down the room number.

J-H-M
When I'm racing online and I'm spectating, the server kicks me out when the race ends. This happens EVERY TIME. I always have to write down the room number.

That's seems to be a bug that has recently appeared. I had friends join in the middle of a race, went to spectate and were both kicked when the race ended. Tested it myself last night and the same was true.

Umm that they spent 6 years while forza & nfs take half of that (combined) to make a better game (if not on par) as a whole.

I hate it that PD did not use the potential of the game at all.

I can't believe they failed in so many aspects. I think it was due to the hurry to bring the game out. (Perhaps directed by Sony.)

It starts out with the untidy menus and ends with the unavailable options for setting the TimeOfDay and also Weather offline though they are implemented online.

Multiplayer Lobby is simply a joke. Finding a proper race is impossible...
No save option during endurance races is unacceptable. In all the game manuals we are warned not to play video games for too long because it causes dizziness and what else but PD wants us to race 24 hours nonstop ?

Crazy...

Last edited:
I hate it that PD did not use the potential of the game at all.

I can't believe they failed in so many aspects. I think it was due to the hurry to bring the game out. (Perhaps directed by Sony.)

It starts out with the untidy menus and ends with the unavailable options for setting the TimeOfDay and also Weather offline though they are implemented online.
No save option during endurance races is unacceptable. In all the game manuals we are warned not play video games for too long because it causes dizziness and what else but PD wants us to race 24 hours nonstop ?

Crazy...

Agree but check the dictionary again for 'endurance' and you'll be on the right track.💡

The thing I hate most about GT5 is that it's not very focused on realistic racing, it gives us real cars & real tracks but virtually none of the dynamics that creates a real motor race. What I'm talking about exactly is: championship points, a flag system, stewards AI giving real world penalties like drive throughs ect, realistic crash damage both mechanical & visual, I could go on all day.

I hate the fact that GT just wants to be a game, a very bizzare "virtual museum", "car collecting" "RPG" one at that, it could be so much more & imo it's a crying shame that PD haven't grown up with GT's fan base & given us a realistic kick ass motor racing sim.

:grumpy:👎

Whilst I enjoy the game, and don't hate anything in particular - the sheer number of missed opportunities is quite unbelieveable.

why can't I see my fastest laps? compare my fastest laps in different cars at the same circuit? Compare the same car at different circuits
I can design a track, why can't I set up an A-spec or even a B-spec race. Love the seasonals, can't believe it wouldn't be too difficult to give us a way of setting our own up events - could a fairly straightforward formula to calculate credits and XP based on length, PP etc
more customisable cars - in terms of liveries, two-tone, sponsors or variations - can you even change the wheel size?
Obviously noise, poor menu, standards, number and variations of real world tracks
For the number of cars - why so many fantastic and interesting European cars not included
Can I download my car list and specs in anyway?
Could have a amateur and professional tuning settings, amateur options could be to increase understeer, decrease understeer etc
that will do for now ...

Engine sounds for 90% of the cars.

I've had enough of V12s sounding like V8s and V8s sounding like hair dryers:mad:

Reminds me of this video:

. I used to find a lot of entertainment with tuning and testing cars, but the removal of the test track (why?) .

Oh no they removed the fictional test and track and replaced it with a real life track that millions of people worldwide, watch the stig drive the world's most powerful car's around called The top gear test track- You might have heard of it?? . Not too mention the Nurburgring or other tracks your can " tune and test " your cars.

Oh the horror.

I hate that so many cars that should be premiums off the bat are only standards.

And even though I love the Skyline, I have to agree there are too many variations. They should have taken the best of each generation rather than putting each years model in the game. Same with the Evos and WRXs and such.
I own, last I checked, 35+ Skylines, some of them are only the slightest bit different, like model, or stuff like Type M and all that. If they were going to add so many Skylines, I wish they would have added the 4 door models along with more RWD models of the newer GTRs. I think all they have is the R32 FR(I'm talking stock).

Dislike the (sub) standard cars vehemently!

Not enough premium race (various formulas and series) cars

Not enough real world tracks/circuits too!

Copy-paste of previous GT's = standard cars, standard tracks (Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Cote d'Azur...), same races, same structure.

I love most of the new features like damage (its crap but better than nothing), day/night, NASCAR, karts, events, etc.. but those are like a 10% of the game the rest is the same tired structure that we play since GT1, just lazy 👎

hindsight.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back