What do you hate the most about GT5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am most unhappy with the inconsistency. Premium cars look great, standard cars look horrendous. Some tracks look great, some look like they did on the PS2. Some cars sound great, some don't even remotely resemble their real-life counterpart. Damage should have been left out altogether.

Cheese cars.

Unbalanced, all things equal, unbeatable by other cars in their respective classes trash of the game. These are cars that require zero tuning to do well, hold a corner several mph quicker than their peers, and are driven by people who drive the car simply because they can't win (or come close to winning) with any other car.

bSUPERSPORT
"Simulation" was the magic word son

Simulation, would be changing drivers ever few hours, and racing non stop with no pauses, and no, i do not want that.
And that is my only "beef" with this game.

Last edited:
Oh no they removed the fictional test and track and replaced it with a real life track that millions of people worldwide, watch the stig drive the world's most powerful car's around called The top gear test track- You might have heard of it?? . Not too mention the Nurburgring or other tracks your can " tune and test " your cars.

Oh the horror.

The TGTT is great, but you cannot make a car's potential top speed on it. For us gearheads, we really sometimes just wanna know how fast a car can be, not to mention the testing that went along with the PD Test Curse. The Top Gear track is way too short, obviously.

Ummm...so I hate the fact that the Test Course is gone, as well as true machine tests (400 M and 1,000 M). :mad:

I also hate the fact that licenses are just for bragging rights now, not necessary to enter races anymore. :banghead:

And I also hate the fact that I don't have as much time as I'd like to do more GT5! :P

Last edited:
Simulation, would be changing drivers ever few hours, and racing non stop with no pauses, and no, i do not want that.
And that is my only "beef" with this game.

Pausing and saving during actual racing is purely unforgivably arcadish.

I HATE that for the last weeks I'm simply unable to open a room :banghead:

After it has loaded and I find myself on the track, it doesn't take 2mins and it's end of story. ALWAYS, ALWAYS...It can't be only because I'm nat2 and running my (un)playstation wireless...can it?

bSUPERSPORT
Pausing and saving during actual racing is purely unforgivably arcadish.

Fair enough, that is your opinion and i respect that. But there is no way i will ever attempt that race by myself, non-stop 24 hours, that is just silly, with 3-4 friends taking turn, no its not, but by yourself...yeah, i don't think so.

GTP_roadrunner
I HATE that for the last weeks I'm simply unable to open a room :banghead:

After it has loaded and I find myself on the track, it doesn't take 2mins and it's end of story. ALWAYS, ALWAYS...It can't be only because I'm nat2 and running my (un)playstation wireless...can it?

Same here, i have the same problem. Especially when i find an event im really intrigued by.

Oh no they removed the fictional test and track and replaced it with a real life track that millions of people worldwide, watch the stig drive the world's most powerful car's around called The top gear test track- You might have heard of it?? . Not too mention the Nurburgring or other tracks your can " tune and test " your cars.

Oh the horror.

I liked the oval for testing, thank you. I find the Top Gear track rather dull (I don't care if a Stig raced it or not) and Nurburgring, while rather fun, is a completely different beast and not really what I prefer for gear ratio/downforce tweaking.
It's horror, I know.

One driver forced to race 24 hours straight is "purely unforgivably arcadish."

Fair enough, that is your opinion and i respect that. But there is no way i will ever attempt that race by myself, non-stop 24 hours, that is just silly, with 3-4 friends taking turn, no its not, but by yourself...yeah, i don't think so.

Same here, i have the same problem. Especially when i find an event im really intrigued by.

However pitting yourself and saving it there is not a bad idea.

bSUPERSPORT
However pitting yourself and saving it there is not a bad idea.

If you're talking about simply hitting start, my PS3 does not need the added torment.

However, if you're talking about an actual save feature, I agree, which was the point of my post. This should have been an included feature when the game was released.

The lack of this feature, customization options, and the below cars, really blows my mind.

e85942a5.png

1dc22dcd.png

I hate the lack of A-Spec events. There was only enough to keep me playing for about a month and a half. In truth I haven't even touched to game since early February. For the record, I never grew bored with the other GT titles like I did this one.

If you're talking about simply hitting start, my PS3 does not need the added torment.

However, if you're talking about an actual save feature, I agree, which was the point of my post. This should have been an included feature when the game was released.

The lack of this feature, customization options, and the below cars, really blows my mind.

e85942a5.png

1dc22dcd.png

PD do not have the license for Porshe

bSUPERSPORT
PD do not have the license for Porshe

Thank you captain obvious. That is the Gemballa Mirage GT Matte Black Edition.

And before someone interjects saying it is still a Porsche, obviously.

Last edited:
Tthe thing I hate most is the dual-physics problem. Until they fix that GT5 is essentially useless to me. There are many other problems, but this one is the ultimate "deal killer" for me.

i hate how my garage is so unorganized. example, my sauber c9 is sandwiched between an 86 honda crx and a 98 camaro z28. i want to put all my lm, rm, race cars, together in order.

* Not having up to date cars. I'm sure Opel, Volkswagen, Audi, Renault, Seat and other car manufacturers have made cars beyond 2008.

* The license excuse to not having Porsche in the game. I can accept that there is a problem. What I don't accept is PD not putting in atleast one premium RUF.

* Looks of standard cars. I knew they were going to be in this game before the release but I never expected them to be that bad. The dealership models look waaaaaaaaaay beter in gt4 for then the ones in gt5. I tested this on my HD tv with the normal ps2 cables and it looks better then what we get in the "next gen". What an insult...

* No dragstrip? Wtf??? Would they have needed another six months to ad this??? PD could do this with the level editor... Same goes for adding a test course for high speeds.

* Pay outs in A-spec. Its stupid.

* Not being able to sell cars above a certain price range. I know have 2 gt40's and 2 X2010's that I can't sell or trade...

* The stupid trading restrictions, fix the duping problem ( not a problem to me btw) instead of killing trading. I have alot of useless cars that I can't sell or trade...

GT5 could have been the best racing game ever but now its just a big dissapointment. People don't keep playing because of the rediculous level system, the keep playing because a game has alot of diffrent content. GT5 has alot of cars but all you can really do with them is do time trials. Putting 11 other cars on the track does not make a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back