What do you know about the secret update?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TT92
  • 68 comments
  • 5,679 views
Is that online or offline? It could be server issues.
It only happen to me online last Tuesday week when the server went down as I said in my post in #6. something had change because I had a good setup before the server went down it and then when the server came back on the handling of the car was different.
 
It only happen to me online last Tuesday week when the server went down as I said in my post in #6. something had change because I had a good setup before the server went down it and then when the server came back on the handling of the car was different.

Your lag may have increased
 
Is that online or offline? It could be server issues.

As per my original post - online. And jeez, don't we all know about the crap deal we get with the servers :-(

Drop outs, freezes, being kicked, lag, getting kicked from your own lobby and then not being able to get back into your own room, tyres being different after pit stop etc, etc, etc :-(
 
Your lag may have increased

Then the exact same thing must have happened to several people at the same time then. Also lag would not explain different handling characteristics for several different cars.
 
In addition to phantom updates. I wonder if server-side updates replicate slower to some regions than others?
 
Well I change my setup on the rocket car to get it handling right. So when I change it back to GTP_CargoRatt tune the car handling is goes away this is strange.

The same thing holds true for me. I went back last night, with my original tune posted, and gave it another go. Same thing as I experienced before: the handling was slightly off and the acceleration was gone, just like before. I couldn't come within .400 of my best time. After about an hour and a half of trying, I completely re-worked the tune, including the trans. Immediately noticed a difference and the acceleration was back, improved my time by almost .200 after only about 10 min. of trying, while easily keeping up with my ghost. Coincidence that hall90 and I had the same problem, with the same tune and now this...I hardly think so. I firmly believe that they changed something server side. You'll not convince me otherwise.
 
Well here's my theory. We know that changing the "race quality" of an online room (normal, high, very high, etc.) can have a small effect on how the cars "feel". Since these oddities are only appearing with online races I'm guessing they have somehow changed the way the servers are handling the transfers of 1's and 0's, perhaps in a similar way to how changing the race quality can effect the cars.

I can add anecdotal evidence that there is something wrong with online at the moment. On Tuesday I had a couple guys with connection problems/DC's in my room and that rarely happens. Then in races on Saturday and Sunday, once the qualifier/race started I would be 1-2 seconds off my practice time from just a few minutes earlier and during the race it felt like I was on worn tires from the very get go. Then in a race last evening everything was going along fine until about lap 10 of a 52 lap race when we experience a cascade of disco's, every 10 seconds someone was getting disconnected and within 1 minutes' time 7 of the 9 drivers had been removed from the room.

There was some promise of something happening in February, seeing as tonight/tomorrow is our last chance for an update in February I certainly hope we get one and some of these issues are addressed. If we do get an update, however, I can guarantee we will not be fully informed as to the contents of the update since, for whatever reason, PD doesn't communicate such things (and I've given up hope on them ever doing so).
 
Well here's my theory. We know that changing the "race quality" of an online room (normal, high, very high, etc.) can have a small effect on how the cars "feel". Since these oddities are only appearing with online races I'm guessing they have somehow changed the way the servers are handling the transfers of 1's and 0's, perhaps in a similar way to how changing the race quality can effect the cars.

I can add anecdotal evidence that there is something wrong with online at the moment. On Tuesday I had a couple guys with connection problems/DC's in my room and that rarely happens. Then in races on Saturday and Sunday, once the qualifier/race started I would be 1-2 seconds off my practice time from just a few minutes earlier and during the race it felt like I was on worn tires from the very get go. Then in a race last evening everything was going along fine until about lap 10 of a 52 lap race when we experience a cascade of disco's, every 10 seconds someone was getting disconnected and within 1 minutes' time 7 of the 9 drivers had been removed from the room.

There was some promise of something happening in February, seeing as tonight/tomorrow is our last chance for an update in February I certainly hope we get one and some of these issues are addressed. If we do get an update, however, I can guarantee we will not be fully informed as to the contents of the update since, for whatever reason, PD doesn't communicate such things (and I've given up hope on them ever doing so).
Everything you say is correct, problem is, @GTP_CargoRatt isn't talking about racing online, he's talking about the current Rocket TT:ouch: And I know he puts enough laps into a TT that he's intimately familiar with how the Rocket performs at Suzuka so I believe what's happened to him is real and not imagined which is often the case.

Bizarre...:dopey::nervous:
 
Everything you say is correct, problem is, @GTP_CargoRatt isn't talking about racing online, he's talking about the current Rocket TT:ouch: And I know he puts enough laps into a TT that he's intimately familiar with how the Rocket performs at Suzuka so I believe what's happened to him is real and not imagined which is often the case.

Bizarre...:dopey::nervous:

Correct Johnny, but since these TT's are also online events, couldn't all of these strange online behaviors be related somehow, to whatever PD may have done to the servers? Different issues yes, but same common denominator...online servers.
 
Correct Johnny, but since these TT's are also online events, couldn't all of these strange online behaviors be related somehow, to whatever PD may have done to the servers? Different issues yes, but same common denominator...online servers.
Could be of course. Is anyone else reporting this in the TT's? I haven't been there for a while.
 
Could be of course. Is anyone else reporting this in the TT's? I haven't been there for a while.

Just @hall90 that I know of. Other people have been using my tune, but the "effect" is not going to be noticed unless you have a before and after comparison. Since the "update", other people have used my tune with success, but that is the first time they have used it, which they would not know how it was before the "update"....follow me or have I lost you? :lol: In other words, you're not going to see my point unless you know exactly how the car was before the "update" and then used it after, such as @hall90. He is echoing the same thing as me, which I don't think is coincidence, especially after my findings last night, as posted above.
 
Correct Johnny, but since these TT's are also online events, couldn't all of these strange online behaviors be related somehow, to whatever PD may have done to the servers? Different issues yes, but same common denominator...online servers.

That was the assumption I was making, TTs are done through online connections. Not sure if they're handled exactly the same as lobbies but they're probably different than offline events and could be affected by a difference in how the 1's and 0's are transferred across the network.
 
Just @hall90 that I know of. Other people have been using my tune, but the "effect" is not going to be noticed unless you have a before and after comparison. Since the "update", other people have used my tune with success, but that is the first time they have used it, which they would not know how it was before the "update"....follow me or have I lost you? :lol: In other words, you're not going to see my point unless you know exactly how the car was before the "update" and then used it after, such as @hall90. He is echoing the same thing as me, which I don't think is coincidence, especially after my findings last night, as posted above.
Everything you have said GTP_CargoRatt makes a lot of sense.
 
That was the assumption I was making, TTs are done through online connections. Not sure if they're handled exactly the same as lobbies but they're probably different than offline events and could be affected by a difference in how the 1's and 0's are transferred across the network.


I was more under the assumption that the seasonal's where local and just the times get uploaded to the servers. The reason for my theory is that I have been disconnected from online while doing the seasonal TT's and could still complete them, I just could not upload my new times at the end.

Then again I could be completely wrong.
 
Everything you have said GTP_CargoRatt makes a lot of sense.

Thanks @hall90. Too big of a coincidence that the two of us are/have experienced the same thing. Just proves, to me anyways and in my eyes, that PD did some messing around with online. (servers) The fact that they keep us in the dark about things like this really irritates the hell out of me. I mean, why the secrecy, just come out and tell us what you (PD) did. The way I see it, we are the ones that paid the money for the game, I think we deserve to know what you are changing instead of having to guess and have all these debates. Really pointless if you ask me and a piss poor way of treating the ones that are lining their pockets with money. Bottom line is, if it wasn't for us paying customers, PD wouldn't be where they are today...I think we deserve to be treated better as far as communication goes. These forums have really come abuzz lately with a lot of complaints and I really can't say I blame those people. I usually don't get involved in the complaint and crying threads and just try to be patient, but I myself am really starting to get pissed and frustrated with this whole fiasco that's called GT6. Its really not going to take me much longer before I just shelf the game and wait for and hope that GT7 is better. Really not holding my breath on that one though either.

Sorry for the rant...I feel better now. :lol:
 
Yes Cargo a whole bunch of my online tunes are weird to say the least.I gave a set-up to a friend last week and he asked me what happened to it.. Can't pinpoint it,but there is some crazy stuff going on.As for the ranting,don't even get me started,I would be banned. LOL
 
Thanks @hall90. Too big of a coincidence that the two of us are/have experienced the same thing. Just proves, to me anyways and in my eyes, that PD did some messing around with online. (servers) The fact that they keep us in the dark about things like this really irritates the hell out of me. I mean, why the secrecy, just come out and tell us what you (PD) did. The way I see it, we are the ones that paid the money for the game, I think we deserve to know what you are changing instead of having to guess and have all these debates. Really pointless if you ask me and a piss poor way of treating the ones that are lining their pockets with money. Bottom line is, if it wasn't for us paying customers, PD wouldn't be where they are today...I think we deserve to be treated better as far as communication goes. These forums have really come abuzz lately with a lot of complaints and I really can't say I blame those people. I usually don't get involved in the complaint and crying threads and just try to be patient, but I myself am really starting to get pissed and frustrated with this whole fiasco that's called GT6. Its really not going to take me much longer before I just shelf the game and wait for and hope that GT7 is better. Really not holding my breath on that one though either.

Sorry for the rant...I feel better now. :lol:
One last thing on this PD is pathetic the way they treat us players like spending a lot of money to buy GT6 and you don't even get a full game on release day and also I would like to take Kaz into his office and give him a good talking to about this game.
 
I have played every GT game since they started.I have been a staunch supporter of PD,this is now getting to the point of stupidity.Fix the game,fix the servers,and do what you said you would do before release.I paid for a product,provide the product.Man do you have developers from Eutechnyx designing your games now?
 
I have played every GT game since they started.I have been a staunch supporter of PD,this is now getting to the point of stupidity.Fix the game,fix the servers,and do what you said you would do before release.I paid for a product,provide the product.Man do you have developers from Eutechnyx designing your games now?
I have played every GT game as well but GT6 is a big joke on what people paid for this game.
 
I have played every GT game since they started.I have been a staunch supporter of PD,this is now getting to the point of stupidity.Fix the game,fix the servers,and do what you said you would do before release.I paid for a product,provide the product.Man do you have developers from Eutechnyx designing your games now?

Ha ha, that was a good one. You must have experienced their NASCAR games also.
 
Thanks @hall90. Too big of a coincidence that the two of us are/have experienced the same thing. Just proves, to me anyways and in my eyes, that PD did some messing around with online. (servers) The fact that they keep us in the dark about things like this really irritates the hell out of me. I mean, why the secrecy, just come out and tell us what you (PD) did. The way I see it, we are the ones that paid the money for the game, I think we deserve to know what you are changing instead of having to guess and have all these debates. Really pointless if you ask me and a piss poor way of treating the ones that are lining their pockets with money. Bottom line is, if it wasn't for us paying customers, PD wouldn't be where they are today...I think we deserve to be treated better as far as communication goes. These forums have really come abuzz lately with a lot of complaints and I really can't say I blame those people. I usually don't get involved in the complaint and crying threads and just try to be patient, but I myself am really starting to get pissed and frustrated with this whole fiasco that's called GT6. Its really not going to take me much longer before I just shelf the game and wait for and hope that GT7 is better. Really not holding my breath on that one though either.

Sorry for the rant...I feel better now. :lol:


For what it's worth, I've been experiencing the same thing as you guys on Suzuka. I had done little more than get my feet wet on the time trial - so had plenty of room for improvement - and suddenly, a few days ago, I couldn't get close to my personal best. Even when I felt I did a good lap, coming across the finish line it read that I was .300 above my pb. I wasn't even close. It made no sense.

When I read your post yesterday part of me was relieved because there might be some other reason besides me. I went ahead and changed the setup and within 2 laps I had improved my time. Strange....
 
For what it's worth, I've been experiencing the same thing as you guys on Suzuka. I had done little more than get my feet wet on the time trial - so had plenty of room for improvement - and suddenly, a few days ago, I couldn't get close to my personal best. Even when I felt I did a good lap, coming across the finish line it read that I was .300 above my pb. I wasn't even close. It made no sense.

When I read your post yesterday part of me was relieved because there might be some other reason besides me. I went ahead and changed the setup and within 2 laps I had improved my time. Strange....
Its good to see more members coming forward and telling us about these issues.
 
I myself noticed something along the lines of this, but in the Seasonal TT with the "Rocket". I had the car all set up and could easily come within .100 or less of my best time on a consistent basis. After the time period you speak of, the acceleration of the car was/is way off. I cannot even get within .400 of my best time now. The handling of the car seems slightly changed, but the biggest thing is the acceleration as it is nowhere near what it was before. At first I just though it was just me, but now that you bring this up, maybe it is related to what you speak of. All I know is the car is no longer what is was after that "secret update". I also did an acceleration test against my ghost saved from an earlier test session and the car did indeed prove to be slower. I again dismissed this though for the simple reason that there was no update or anything that I had knowingly downloaded that would have changed anything. I was not thinking that there was perhaps a secret update. Anyway, that's my story on the matter.
This is interesting. I started the Rocket seasonal late, after my friends had set their times.
No matter how I adjust the gearing I can't match the speed their ghosts are carrying over the start/finish line at Suzuka.
Their ghosts are undisputedly faster than anything I can muster.
(Usually we're pretty tightly matched.)
 
Could be of course. Is anyone else reporting this in the TT's? I haven't been there for a while.
Yep I had performance/speed problems with the Rocket TT.
 
One thing I haven't seen mentioned, forgive me if I am wrong. Have you checked SRF is still turned on?
 
Was it turned on for your/your friends ghost lap?
Oh I see. I don't know - I'll check.
That shouldn't explain more speed on their part though should it?
Unless it enables them to carry more speed through the final chicane?

I doubt they're using it, but I shall check. Good point.
 
One thing I haven't seen mentioned, forgive me if I am wrong. Have you checked SRF is still turned on?

Yes, everything is exactly the same.
 
Back