What do you know about the secret update?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TT92
  • 68 comments
  • 5,679 views
I can't even find those blue tyres that give you a gold medal ?? :lol:
 
The fact that they keep us in the dark about things like this really irritates the hell out of me. I mean, why the secrecy, just come out and tell us what you (PD) did.

I'm a bit perplexed by their communication strategy. The only reason I can see is that they do not want to pay the various translators for all the communication and would rather save that for big updates.
 
Out of curiosity, I did a little test last night and gave the Rocket TT a shot. I hadn't done it yet so I have nothing to compare to but I race the Rocket every week and right now I probably know it better than any other car in the game. To me, the only thing that felt odd about it was that it was clearly using offline physics as there was mega grip (which answers my/our question from earlier about whether or not the seasonals truly run "online", apparently not). Other than that everything felt as it always does. My Rocket was completely stock as far as parts and setting are concerned, though brake bias had a slight adjustment to it. All aids were off including ABS.

Not sure if that tells us anything, just figured I'd relay my findings as another point of comparison. 👍 The biggest difference, I think, is that my car has no tune applied and it seems like tuned cars are being effected more.
 
Out of curiosity, I did a little test last night and gave the Rocket TT a shot. I hadn't done it yet so I have nothing to compare to but I race the Rocket every week and right now I probably know it better than any other car in the game. To me, the only thing that felt odd about it was that it was clearly using offline physics as there was mega grip (which answers my/our question from earlier about whether or not the seasonals truly run "online", apparently not). Other than that everything felt as it always does. My Rocket was completely stock as far as parts and setting are concerned, though brake bias had a slight adjustment to it. All aids were off including ABS.

Not sure if that tells us anything, just figured I'd relay my findings as another point of comparison. 👍 The biggest difference, I think, is that my car has no tune applied and it seems like tuned cars are being effected more.
Part of @GTP_CargoRatt 's complaint was acceleration, something you wouldn't notice if you didn't have a pre-update ghost. And given the lap is only off by a few tenths and you haven't run the TT before, it's not likely you'd notice the difference just by feel.
 
Part of @GTP_CargoRatt 's complaint was acceleration, something you wouldn't notice if you didn't have a pre-update ghost. And given the lap is only off by a few tenths and you haven't run the TT before, it's not likely you'd notice the difference just by feel.

Fair enough. I just was trying to feel anything odd and it all felt fine to me. My friends' ghost lines were blowing me away but I was using a stock transmission, so that's to be expected. I still got silver with a stock car though. :p


JP, we really should start meeting on the track instead of random threads. Hope your schedule clears up soon. :cheers:
 
I'm a bit perplexed by their communication strategy. The only reason I can see is that they do not want to pay the various translators for all the communication and would rather save that for big updates.

I think it's because the game is screwed on a knife edge and whenever they do something i.e. change / update, it either doesn't work properly or it affects another part of the game. Subsequently, they try and keep the game going by doing 'secret' updates ie not telling anyone they have changed something so they can save face.

Throughout GT5 it was exactly the same, implement new feature / do update, and it doesn't wok properly or something else 'breaks'.

There would be so many communication updates it'd be difficult for PD to keep it 100% accurate. By drip feeding the communication and doing secret updates, they can save face a bit and not look like their product is a complete pile of **** that they can't fix..

Which s crazy, as most people have worked this out already.. but hey, it helps them justify charging us another 50 quid for a game they already sold us 3 1/2 years ago...
 
Throughout GT5 it was exactly the same, implement new feature / do update, and it doesn't wok properly or something else 'breaks'.

But that's just the way big code projects are. It's near impossible to test to the same level as a public release. A room full of testers (even 100+) are not going to find a bug with the efficiency of millions of players.
 
Back