Votes: 6 16.2%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 7 18.9%

Votes: 7 18.9%

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • 10- THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Well considering that this is a PS1 game I would have to rate this game pretty high. It really pushes the PS1's graphics to the limit. I gave it a 9 because of this. What game has better graphics than GT2 on the PS1? Nothing. :cool:

I was actually disappointed with the graphics in GT2 - in some aspects the original GT was a better looking game, with smoother animation and impression of acceleration.

I think that the fact the game was so rushed out (as evidenced by other lapses, like the lap record that never changes, the fact you could never get 100%) probably had some influence.

Still, if you look at it compared to the original Need for Speed on the Playstation....

Originally posted by ViperConcept
Well considering that this is a PS1 game I would have to rate this game pretty high. It really pushes the PS1's graphics to the limit. I gave it a 9 because of this. What game has better graphics than GT2 on the PS1? Nothing. :cool:
I totally agree. This game totally rules, the graphics are awesome for PS1, and I still play it a lot :cool:

I gave it a 4. Many of the cars are shaped kinda funny because they ran out of available pixels it seems. Everything seems half-baked, but at least they tried. Also, some tracks like Tahiti Road look like somebody drew it with a crayon! There's so much pop-up it gets to be silly. Entire hills or buildings disappear when you look back on them. I was disappointed with the graphix. I figured: hey...GT2 is split into 2 discs..the graphix are gonna be so *****in'. GT1 is better than GT2 for realism's sake, but GT2 is still my favorite.

Also, GT2 can't compare to some games like some of the later Final Fantasies or Tomb Raider, but on the other hand, GT2 isn't horrible. Some tracks like Grindelwäld look pretty good. So yeah, a 4.

Last edited:
ummm...... disagree. The cars may be SMOOTHER in GT1, but for cryin out loud wheres the detail or shape realism? I dont find GT1 to be graphics wise better than GT2. GT2 has a lot more textures and the cars look more to 'scale' than GT1.

Latest Posts

Back