what do you think of this pic?

do you think this picture of my supra is ok? I couldn't upload the full picture so i cropped a lot of it......if you want to see the whole thing...just wait....

Attachments

• 600+ whp Drift (modified).jpg
    600+ whp Drift (modified).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 225
Well, since you asked....

You've cropped it too tight to the car. You need more of the track to place the focal point of the car, on the car at the front 1/4 panel.

I also have yet to comprehend the obsession people have with tilting the image 45 degrees. Yes, image tilt is good as it adjusts people perceptions and makes the image stand out. Too much tilt is bad. If you'd given more image and only tilted it 10-15 degrees, you'd hav a far superior picture.

The color of the car blends very easily with the track. making hard to concentrate on the image, perhaps a lighter blue car would have been nice. Not blazing yellow, as that would have created too much contrast between the car and the track.

However, you've done an excellent job of illustrating the drift. The back of the car has a blurred aspect giving the feeling of speed. The front corner of car shows a stillness, which demonstrates the control needed in a drift.

Fix those few aspects I noted above, combine them with the good points you've already shown, and you've got a Photo Comp winning entry.

AO

Everybody is entitled to their own comment and mine may get me banned right here but oh well. I honestly think you should ban yourself for that comment DA the pic is awesome the tilt owns you are getting too constructive with your criticism makes it seem more like you are downing him. 👎 :yuck:
Der Alta
Well, since you asked....

You've cropped it too tight to the car. You need more of the track to place the focal point of the car, on the car at the front 1/4 panel.

I also have yet to comprehend the obsession people have with tilting the image 45 degrees. Yes, image tilt is good as it adjusts people perceptions and makes the image stand out. Too much tilt is bad. If you'd given more image and only tilted it 10-15 degrees, you'd hav a far superior picture.

The color of the car blends very easily with the track. making hard to concentrate on the image, perhaps a lighter blue car would have been nice. Not blazing yellow, as that would have created too much contrast between the car and the track.

However, you've done an excellent job of illustrating the drift. The back of the car has a blurred aspect giving the feeling of speed. The front corner of car shows a stillness, which demonstrates the control needed in a drift.

Fix those few aspects I noted above, combine them with the good points you've already shown, and you've got a Photo Comp winning entry.

AO

Der Alta
Actually its called a "dutch angle" in photography :sly:

lol... anyway I do agree enough is enough with the angle and more scenery would be grreeeeaaattttttt

SmokeCheckin
Everybody is entitled to their own comment and mine may get me banned right here but oh well. I honestly think you should ban yourself for that comment DA the pic is awesome the tilt owns you are getting too constructive with your criticism makes it seem more like you are downing him. 👎 :yuck:

Obviously, you didn't read the entire post. The last two paragraphs were very positive and supportive.

Relax Smokin, I think you were a bit quick to jump to conclusions.

I noticed the positive at the bottom but most people are pretty sensitive about stuff they like and clearly he likes his supra pic because he posted it up. DA was not being mean but he too deeply critiqued it I myself would have been aggrivated by his reply if it were my pic. I am just looking out for others.

SmokeCheckin
I noticed the positive at the bottom but most people are pretty sensitive about stuff they like and clearly he likes his supra pic because he posted it up. DA was not being mean but he too deeply critiqued it I myself would have been aggrivated by his reply if it were my pic. I am just looking out for others.

Considering the author of the thread hasn't responded yet. Let's see how he feels before defending him for critisism that HE asked for. 💡

SmokeCheckin

he asked "what do you think of this pic?"

whats wrong with being honest? :odd:

[edit]agh! i'm having an off day, you beat me again Swift

I agree completely with Der Alta. I hate when the car is the only part of the drift picture. It makes me feel like they're just doing donuts in a parking lot, it's WAY more dramatic if I can see the line of smoke following their car, sort of revealing the line they have chosen for that drift. It adds to the dramatic effect and allows us to help make a judgement call on the complexity involved for the drift.

I also hate Supras :yuck:

Just read Der Alta's post and memorize it, he said a lot more than I could and was a lot more helpful.

I'd also like to point something out, I think that most drift pictures are ruined by the fact the treads are pointing AT the camera. I hate it when people do that.
Why did you buy those beautiful rims only to point them away from the camera?

In my opinion, Rule no.1, never point the treads at the camera.

It's rather dark. But the idea is sound. 👍

PS: the ONLY reason I'm letting this thread alone is because there are some great posts about opinions and critique that members should be aware of.

You are contradicting yourself if you haven't noticed.

DA gave his honest opinion.
And yes, "Everybody is entitled to their own comment..." just like you said.

You are contradicting yourself if you haven't noticed.

DA gave his honest opinion.
And yes, "Everybody is entitled to their own comment..." just like you said.

Thats true, I can say it looks like it is powersliding because we don't know the angle but that countersteer seems really big
I can't put this one in the thread because it isn't drifting but eh comment away

It's rather dark. But the idea is sound. 👍

PS: the ONLY reason I'm letting this thread alone is because there are some great posts about opinions and critique that members should be aware of.

Ahh i understand its been a while since the last post so...
SORRY!!!

but i do agree DA's Advice was what really made me want to keep this thread up..

what happened to DA anyway?

my only advice would be to start a gallery. your pics need to be brightened, and you should make the shutter speed higher. or if you have photoshop take the pic with shutter speed all the wya up and put a motion blur on it in photoshop. and radial blur if it shows your rims.

Back