What do you think the GR.2 class will stand for? POLL

What do you think the GR.2 class cars will be?

• Total voters
Yea, no. DTM is pretty much on par with Super GT (GT500) in terms of designs and specifications, which has already been said before. DTM would be Group 2.

I was considering it terms of power to weight more so. The GT500 would have more performance in this catergory having more (max.) power and less weight, from what I see can have reasonably more than the DTM car. But the DTM looks like it does have better downforce and they look similar.

*Looking more deeply, many sources do say it's very close to DTM, and the max power output is over 542 hp, while the weight is 1,020 kg, but they probably do not race at that hp.

Last edited:
Actually, Group 2 cars on GTS could be as well not only the super GT, also the DTM cars since both categories share too much in designing, specifications and rules :)

photo-15r8-082.jpg

article-dtm-2016-previo-temporada-hockenheim-572c67790c087.jpg

Edit: GT300 could go with Gr. 3 since they run IRL together

You could argue V8 supercars too...
...but Australia gets no love in GT :(

It's really not that complicated guys.

Gr 1 = LMP1 equivalent
Gr 3 = FIA GT3
Gr 4 = FIA GT4
Gr N = Normal/Production class cars
Gr B = Rally cars (loosely based on old Group B regs)

Where's Gr 2? Well, unless PD is hiding something big, my bet is there is NO Group 2. If you look at the classes that's already revealed, if Gr 2 is to be included logically it would be an LMP2 equivalent or a FIA GT2. We only have the Zytek Nissan as the sole LMP2 car in GT, and I don't see PD making lots of new cars in its class. FIA GT2 is similar to FIA GT3 so it's pretty unlikely too.

Super GT or DTM is a good thought, but I think we would've seen their licenses announced officially by now if that's the case. Also, Super GT is not a FIA series, but belongs to JAF so it's unlikely to show up in a FIA official game.

If you guys remember a while back, didn't they scan that SCG P4/5 Competizione? I'm still waiting for that to pop up, also I'm pretty sure they had an info screen with an Acura ILX Touring Car in it, so maybe it's some sort of N24 class or lower-spec touring cars like the Megane and Scirocco?

If you guys remember a while back, didn't they scan that SCG P4/5 Competizione? I'm still waiting for that to pop up, also I'm pretty sure they had an info screen with an Acura ILX Touring Car in it, so maybe it's some sort of N24 class or lower-spec touring cars like the Megane and Scirocco?
Well, the SCG would be a Gr.3. The ILX, Gr.4, and there was a megane?? :confused::confused:

It's really not that complicated guys.

Gr 1 = LMP1 equivalent
Gr 3 = FIA GT3
Gr 4 = FIA GT4
Gr N = Normal/Production class cars
Gr B = Rally cars (loosely based on old Group B regs)

Where's Gr 2? Well, unless PD is hiding something big, my bet is there is NO Group 2. If you look at the classes that's already revealed, if Gr 2 is to be included logically it would be an LMP2 equivalent or a FIA GT2. We only have the Zytek Nissan as the sole LMP2 car in GT, and I don't see PD making lots of new cars in its class. FIA GT2 is similar to FIA GT3 so it's pretty unlikely too.

Super GT or DTM is a good thought, but I think we would've seen their licenses announced officially by now if that's the case. Also, Super GT is not a FIA series, but belongs to JAF so it's unlikely to show up in a FIA official game.
Super GT is a complicated. They do not seek the JAF involvement of the revision of the regulation.
So, they are now working in outside the jurisdiction of the FIA and JAF.

Super GT, JGTC or whatever you wanna call it is not part of FIA right? I don't have much knowledge

Besides that, I see Gr.2 being a dlc category with leftover categories merged. Especially JGTC.

I personally want to see more GR.N cars in the game, I hope the remaining cars cover the group b and normal series as many have pointed out.

Ok guys am back. I have asked yet another question. Since the delay do you think they will add Super GT or some sort? Because of the delay it could mean they may add Super GT in the game

Ok guys am back. I have asked yet another question. Since the delay do you think they will add Super GT or some sort? Because of the delay it could mean they may add Super GT in the game

Doubt it since Super GT isn't really approved by FIA.

And that's not even true to begin with, since the entire point of rebranding JGTC was so they could achieve FIA sanctioning.

Considering their own pattern, modern LMP2 would be the logic choice, since it sits right between LMP1 (Gr1) and LMGTE/GT3 (Gr3) in FIA's WEC.

But since there is no sign of it, plus the fact that it would be awesome and everyone would love it, i wouldn't bet on it :lol:

If Gr.1 is Le Mans prototypes then Gr.2 will be FIA GT1. Although GT1 cars aren't very recognizable like GT3 cars, they pack a huge amount of power & can compete against Le Mans prototypes. For Super GT & DTM, they'll have their own classes in game. But I'm still confused because GT500 cars & GT3 cars have some similarities including: 500+ bhp, 1100 - 1400 kg , except for aerodynamics because GT500 cars have more downforce.

I hope they make GT300 faster then in previous GTs it should be if anything faster then GT3, atleast if they are going by euro GT3 spec.

I hope they make GT300 faster then in previous GTs it should be if anything faster then GT3, atleast if they are going by euro GT3 spec.
How come GT300 will be faster than GT3?! GT300 cars are restricted with powerband ( 295 - 350 bhp )

How come GT300 will be faster than GT3?! GT300 cars are restricted with powerband ( 295 - 350 bhp )
Not really, thats just on Gran turismo, in real they are more 400 to 500 hp.

With open Tyre Regs and significantly more Downforce they are faster then Blancpain GT3, in GT300 in Super Gt you have actual GT3s in the class as well.

None of the gt300 cars on gt6 are modern enough to be equal to fia gt3's (except maybe the BRZ). The rules opened up the engine on jaf gt300's a few years ago, but gran turismo hasn't kept up (yet?).

For Super GT & DTM, they'll have their own classes in game. But I'm still confused because GT500 cars & GT3 cars have some similarities including: 500+ bhp, 1100 - 1400 kg , except for aerodynamics because GT500 cars have more downforce.
GT500 cars are prototypes with vaguely silhouette bodies on top, like the IMSA GTO Mustangs and 300ZXs were in the 80s and 90s. They started to be a couple of years before the end of JGTC; and the DTM rule combination has just made them even less related to actual cars than they already were.

GT3 cars are at least nominally production based, with production based engines and production based body shells; albeit with more or less leeway given depending on the regional variations of GT3 in question (like the ones that race in Super GT against GT300 cars).

Put another way:

options-2016-nissan-gt-r-madison-wi.jpg

This is a GT-R.

2016%20Super%20Taikyu%20RND1_1.jpg

Those are GT-Rs.

2016SuperGTpreview-Nismo_1.jpg

Those are not. And those ones are much faster.

I think there has to be a Gr.2 solely for the reason that there are still ~65 cars left to reveal and unless there is a boat load of Gr.4 and Gr.N cars I don't see how there could be enough real cars to fill the groups we've already seen. There are only about 5/6 real GT3 cars they could add and a similar number of LMP1. Even if they added ten more each to Gr.1 and Gr.3 that is still another 45 cars to go somewhere. All Gr.4, Gr.N and Gr.B? I doubt it.

It might not be the case. Some of the classes are still lacking a lot of cars and we also have Gr. N (and possibly Gr.4) split into subclasses (N200, N300, etc). Also we don't know yet what will count as a duplicate or not, specialy the Gr.4 cars that are just tuned road cars. I think there will be a lot of road cars to fill the different Gr.N subclasses, from hot haches, to sport cars and super cars. Also I'm pretty sure we will see mor Gr.B cars. I don't believe we will see brands like Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Chevrolet, Lexus and Nissan with just one road car. There's yet some brands to get a single car in the game. There's no McLaren road car, or Lambo for Gr.3. If we nitpick on what is missing, then those 65 empty slots get filled pretty fast.

As for the question on the topic, if there's going to be a Gr.2, it will most likely be GT500. But there might very well be no Gr.2 at all, and that being replaced by Gr.B.

Is there any reason to believe that there will even be a Gr. 2?

No not at all, but people cling onto the fact that there is a gap between GR.1 and GR.3 and that PD will suddenly reveal it even tho we have already seen more than half the car list... And also delay somehow means more cars, tracks and other content for some people...

No not at all, but people cling onto the fact that there is a gap between GR.1 and GR.3 and that PD will suddenly reveal it even tho we have already seen more than half the car list... And also delay somehow means more cars, tracks and other content for some people...
I agree

Still think some are expecting too much, even more so with the news. Given how they haven't given anything about GR.2, I think some of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Way too optimistic for something that still at this point has no detail or even purpose at this rate.

Back