What do you think the GR.2 class will stand for? POLL

What do you think the GR.2 class cars will be?

• Total voters
Yeah but the Toyota Gr.3 doesn't have a V8, and their Lexus VGT wasn't based upon the GT3. Now it'd be great if the GT3 replaces the VGT, but we don't know.
Whether or not the Toyota has a V8 is not the issue. The RC-F GT500 does not have the same engine as the RC-F GT3. We don't even know what type of engine the Gr. 3 Toyota runs.

Yeah but the Toyota Gr.3 doesn't have a V8, and their Lexus VGT wasn't based upon the GT3. Now it'd be great if the GT3 replaces the VGT, but we don't know.
Well the stock Toyota FT-1 doesn't have a V8 either. Regarding the Lexus LF-LF GT VGT: "Design and development was undertaken targeting entry in races such as the Super GT and the Nürburgring 24 hour race." Obviously, it would target the N24 as a GT3 car. As for the Super GT piece, it could be a GT300 machine in the form of a GT3, but who knows what Lexus was thinking.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1563915.html

Think of the GT500 car as a silhouette version of an RC F, only vaguely sharing the shape of the base car. The GT3/Gr 3 version is a tad bit more comparable to the street car both visually and mechanically.

Well the stock Toyota FT-1 doesn't have a V8 either. Regarding the Lexus LF-LF GT VGT: "Design and development was undertaken targeting entry in races such as the Super GT and the Nürburgring 24 hour race." Obviously, it would target the N24 as a GT3 car. As for the Super GT piece, it could be a GT300 machine in the form of a GT3, but who knows what Lexus was thinking.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1563915.html
Yes, and I said it doesn't have a V8 (Toyota VGT). Both it and the Lexus were hybrids with small turbo engines. The Lexus may very well be replaced by the RC-F and its (gorgous) V8, but the Toyota may use the spec design Super GT engine.

One slight problem. The Lexus VGT is a totally different car than the RC F.

IMG_7113.JPG

Yes yes it's the GT3 version but that isn't the point.

IMG_7114.JPG

Last edited:
Which class cars like Lamborghini Veneno will run? It's (almost?) not road legal, but too fast for GR3 and maybe not fast enough for GR1.

But from Mazda Miata to Veneno is a long shot. They need subclasses, N series is not enough.

Remember, there are already subclasses within Group N. There's a picture floating around here with a Miata having "N200" after its name.

Perhaps with the delay we just might see Gr.2?

Gran Turismo's commonly known for Super GT so I could be although i'd wish to see a Formula Class split into categories depending on F or whatever you call it.

I was picturing myself some time ago how cool a Silhouette category would be as Gr.2...
Surely Class One specification cars (GT500 and DTM cars) would be easy pisy to balance, as they share some of their chassis specifications, and if we include some other Silhouette cars from other classes around the world such as STCC, Trans-Am TC2 and Stock Car Brazil, the manufacturers count would give the Gr.3 one a run for its money...even though that's gonna require some serious performance balancing

I'll make a quick list here:

Honda NSX GT500
Lexus RCF/LC500 GT500
Nissan GT-R GT500
Audi RS5 DTM
BMW M4 DTM
Mercedes AMG C63 DTM
BMW M3 TTA/STCC
Citroen C5 TTA/STCC
Dacia STCC
Ford Mondeo STCC
Honda Civic STCC
Kia Optima STCC
Nissan STCC
Saab 9-3 STCC
Seat Leon STCC
Volvo S60 STCC (yes, that one left alone in Forza 6)
Chevrolet Camaro TC2
Dodge/SRT Challenger TC2
Ford Mustang TC2
Chevrolet Cruze Stock Car Brazil
Peugeot 408 Stock Car Brazil

c21e1175395_209861129178298_15634270_n.jpg

IMG_20170221_001025.jpg

stockcar-br-interlagos-ii-2016-felipe-fraga-lidera-o-pelotao-na-largada.jpg

And the best part is that Gr.2, being a Silhouette category, would easily allow PoDi to come up with some sweet fantasy Gr.2 spec cars (Just think about an Alfa Romeo Giulia QV DTM spec...:drool: or even a Hyundai Veloster GT500 spec...)

I think GT3/E is quickly becoming mainstream between both real motorsport and gaming, a Gr.2 like this would provide much more variety to the cars and groups roaster....but yeah, let's face reality, something like this will never happen, especially from PoDi :sly::lol::lol:

Judging that Gr.3 is gt3 so Gr.2 would be GT2? Probably these cars in this video? Might be wrong though...

I would be really really disappointed if there was no super gt cars in gran turismo. Would probably means that I should stop buying GT games. One of the main reasons I love GT so much is because I'm a fan of Japanese racing. My car culture is coming from Video Option, Best Motoring and Hot Version. And GT was always full with Japanese cars, which is why I got so much love for this game.

So yeah I vote gr.2 is Super GT.

Didn't read the whole thread, but is there any confirmation that the Gr.2 class even exist?
When Arcade Mode was available in the beta, the leaderboards showed Gr.1, 3 and 4, as well as N100 to N1000.

I would be really really disappointed if there was no super gt cars in gran turismo. Would probably means that I should stop buying GT games. One of the main reasons I love GT so much is because I'm a fan of Japanese racing. My car culture is coming from Video Option, Best Motoring and Hot Version. And GT was always full with Japanese cars, which is why I got so much love for this game.

So yeah I vote gr.2 is Super GT.

We have clear-cut evidence that PD hasn't forgotten about Super GT, both GT500 and GT300, since they've been spotted recording a GT300 Prius and a GT500 RC-F. Whether these will appear in GTS at launch, as DLC, or in a future installment is another question.

Personally, I'd love to see sub-classes for each of the groups, just like we're already seeing for the N-Series. Perhaps there could be sub-classes for certain historic models? Or maybe some of the touring cars/RM cars from GT5/GT6 will fit into there somehow?

This is just based on a hunch, but looking at the models in the Beta:

Gr. 4 seems to have some light bodykits (like those in GT5/6), maybe lights and straps and spoilers
Gr. 3 has wider bodykits, swapped out rear windows, replaced front lights, inlets
Gr. B has similarly wide bodykits, fog lights

But some Gr. 4 cars have some of the Gr. 3/B mods, and vice versa. This lends me to believe that - perhaps not in GTS - what we see as Gr. 3 cars now could just be the extent of body customisations available in future games. It may be that you need to reach a certain level of 'body-modding' as well as tuning before being 'certified' for a particular class of online racing. If so, then a Gr. 2 could be pretty easy to scale.

From the GT Sport Online Manual:

upload_2017-5-17_23-57-23.png

Gr.4 = GT4 Class
Gr.3 = GT3 Class

In the Time Trial from Arcade Mode (before they locked it with the 1.04 Update and EU Beta), it featured the leaderboard ranging from N100 to N1000 and featured Gr.1, Gr.3, Gr.4 and Gr.B. It probably means that Gr.2 doesn't exist or at least yet to.

If it would exist then i would probably think like the rest and guess it might be the Super GT. If Super GT is confirmed then i wonder if GT500 are going to be in the same class as the GT300? Will the GT500 only feature the 3 current cars (Lexus LC 500 & NSX-GT and GTR)? or allow older ones too like the RCF and HSV-010 GT? Maybe mixed them with DTM cars? or even create fictional ones just like every other class? I'm curious about it...if they added Super GT.

Back