What do you think the GR.2 class will stand for? POLL

What do you think the GR.2 class cars will be?

• Total voters
Gr.2 will stand for VGTs. They both doesn't exist.

Except we've already seen VGTs integrated into Gr.B, Gr.1, and Gr.3, with respective examples being one of the VW cars, the Hyundai, and the Peugeot. It does also say that the N-Series will integrate concept cars in addition to production cars, so I'm guessing some VGT cars could be in there.

Seems like there's no Gr.2 :(

If there was I wish it would contain either Super GT500 or LMP2 :indiff:

I think there should be at least 3 more categories - for SGT500, LMP2 and DTM or something historic as was said already.

Except we've already seen VGTs integrated into Gr.B, Gr.1, and Gr.3, with respective examples being one of the VW cars, the Hyundai, and the Peugeot. It does also say that the N-Series will integrate concept cars in addition to production cars, so I'm guessing some VGT cars could be in there.
Unmodified VGT cars in fact will be in Group N, yes, I was just joking. Though, I would prefer every VGT to race only in one-make races, except ones made specially for racing (like Toyota or Lexus VGTs). Those cars supposed to be a dream, something out of bounds. Why restrict them to classes?

I'm mainly hoping that if there is a Gr.2, that it'd focus solely on LM P2 vehicles. We got the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO into Gr.1, yet we haven't seen the Zytek Z11SN appearing in GTS. Even if happened to be the only official P2, with a livery editor, you could have infinite amounts of P2 (Gr.2) cars running about!

I'm mainly hoping that if there is a Gr.2, that it'd focus solely on LM P2 vehicles. We got the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO into Gr.1, yet we haven't seen the Zytek Z11SN appearing in GTS. Even if happened to be the only official P2, with a livery editor, you could have infinite amounts of P2 (Gr.2) cars running about!

I dunno, I don't think the Toyota and Lexus should be one-make because they're almost GTE cars already.

Any other prototype VGT I can agree with being one-make. (Including the VW roadster)

after I saw the Show Run of Super GT/DTM , and since theres no racing games that exclusived both series yet. With the Class One Regulations coming I can see the new Class One be the GR.2

and talking about tourings , GR.6 ? some groups that will fit TCR Cars (not WTCC since 2019 WTCC may use Class One too)

TL;DR Class 2 = Either Super GT/DTM or Make it a debut of the joint-Class One Spec Cars , if PD wants to do more. Deal TCR for GR.6 (Since WTCC have their own eSports with R3E)

I Still Hope if open wheels is in someway

after I saw the Show Run of Super GT/DTM , and since theres no racing games that exclusived both series yet. With the Class One Regulations coming I can see the new Class One be the GR.2

and talking about tourings , GR.6 ? some groups that will fit TCR Cars (not WTCC since 2019 WTCC may use Class One too)

TL;DR Class 2 = Either Super GT/DTM or Make it a debut of the joint-Class One Spec Cars , if PD wants to do more. Deal TCR for GR.6 (Since WTCC have their own eSports with R3E)

I Still Hope if open wheels is in someway
http://sportscar365.com/other-series/joint-dtmsuper-gt-races-planned-for-2017-2018/ just find this! That could be awesome!

The wheels fell off the SuperGT / DTM train long ago and it lost all momentum until this weekend when SuperGT tested with Lexus and Nissan at Hockenheim during the final DTM weekend. I think any such race is a long way off yet. Also, that article was from 2015.

you should check the real run happened yesterday. Even though the Class One Regulations arent finalized , putting SGT GT500 and DTM Cars in same track feels very bright for future Class One Cars

how awesome if we had Civic/Camry in DTM Variants and we can finally have near completed WEC Rivalry Audi vs Toyota again

Still , DTM decides to delay the C1 Regulations till 2019. We'll need to see in long term

DTM and old Super GT, I guess. These cars are similar in specs. Faster than GT3/Gr.3.
Fictional Gr.2 might include some old "LM Race Cars", like GT3-4 had.
Mitsubishi_FTO_LM_Race_Car_p02.jpg

Also, something like this:
vertigorace.jpg

you should check the real run happened yesterday. Even though the Class One Regulations arent finalized , putting SGT GT500 and DTM Cars in same track feels very bright for future Class One Cars

how awesome if we had Civic/Camry in DTM Variants and we can finally have near completed WEC Rivalry Audi vs Toyota again

Still , DTM decides to delay the C1 Regulations till 2019. We'll need to see in long term

I just watched it thanks!!

Not really only about 1/3 off the car list have been shown. Also it wouldn't make any sense to include a GR.1 ,3 and 4 but not a 2.

Actually... GT:Sport's groups and how it's based on real life :

Gr.1 = LMP1 prototype based
Gr.3 = GT3 based
Gr.4 = GT4 based
Gr.B = 80s rally Group B spec based

Group 2 (if it ever would be added and follow the common sense of the existing groups) could be either LMP2/LMP3/GT500 based or could also be GT2/GTE based. But since the Porsche 911 RSR (a GTE car) is already in Gr.3 I don't think any GT2/GTE cars will be added as a Gr.2. In real life GTE and GT3 are way too close in performance to warrant them being a separate class in GT:Sport especially since the game is already loosely based on real life classes.

Adding a Gr.2 as LMP2/LMP3/GT500 could be possible but honestly, I think if any new types of cars would be added PD would go the vintage & classic route (road and/or racing) to please former GT fans. V100 until V800 or something for Vintage cars, I'd really dig that. ;)

The current Gr.3 & Gr.4 are named that way just to align with GT3 (&GT300) and GT4. It made sense to name the LMP1 based cars Gr.1 from a Gran Turismo point of view. But just because the number 2 is still free doesn't mean it will be used.

Actually... GT:Sport's groups and how it's based on real life :

Gr.1 = LMP1 prototype based
Gr.3 = GT3 based
Gr.4 = GT4 based
Gr.B = 80s rally Group B spec based

Group 2 (if it ever would be added and follow the common sense of the existing groups) could be either LMP2/LMP3/GT500 based or could also be GT2/GTE based. But since the Porsche 911 RSR (a GTE car) is already in Gr.3 I don't think any GT2/GTE cars will be added as a Gr.2. In real life GTE and GT3 are way too close in performance to warrant them being a separate class in GT:Sport especially since the game is already loosely based on real life classes.

Adding a Gr.2 as LMP2/LMP3/GT500 could be possible but honestly, I think if any new types of cars would be added PD would go the vintage & classic route (road and/or racing) to please former GT fans. V100 until V800 or something for Vintage cars, I'd really dig that. ;)

The current Gr.3 & Gr.4 are named that way just to align with GT3 (&GT300) and GT4. It made sense to name the LMP1 based cars Gr.1 from a Gran Turismo point of view. But just because the number 2 is still free doesn't mean it will be used.
VGr.5 please. :D

V (Vintage) Class is also interested

still , I hope that PD will do a Hillclimb Class. I mean we already have Pikes Peak and it's bit weird to have Hillclimb Races by GR.B Cars

Most likely, Gr.2 will be created IF and when they include Super GT and / or DTM cars and eventually some old fashioned LM Race cars to make other manufacturers fit. I don't see them going with the LMP2 route though, as there's ever been a single one in the series, and it was mostly there because of the GT Academy campaign. Plus, this year's LMP2 have reached a level of performance which brings them too close to the Gr.1 class.

As for Gr.3, some of the fictionnal cars really look like what-if GT300 (the Impreza and Lancer especially).

What I'd love to see is lower classes, like Super Taikyu ST5 and ST4. Would be a lot of fun online.

If "Class One" Group 2 happens...man, if it happens...:drool:

I even called it from so far away! :sly:

I was picturing myself some time ago how cool a Silhouette category would be as Gr.2...
Surely Class One specification cars (GT500 and DTM cars) would be easy pisy to balance, as they share some of their chassis specifications, and if we include some other Silhouette cars from other classes around the world such as STCC, Trans-Am TC2 and Stock Car Brazil, the manufacturers count would give the Gr.3 one a run for its money...even though that's gonna require some serious performance balancing

I'll make a quick list here:

Honda NSX GT500
Lexus RCF/LC500 GT500
Nissan GT-R GT500
Audi RS5 DTM
BMW M4 DTM
Mercedes AMG C63 DTM
BMW M3 TTA/STCC
Citroen C5 TTA/STCC
Dacia STCC
Ford Mondeo STCC
Honda Civic STCC
Kia Optima STCC
Nissan STCC
Saab 9-3 STCC
Seat Leon STCC
Volvo S60 STCC (yes, that one left alone in Forza 6)
Chevrolet Camaro TC2
Dodge/SRT Challenger TC2
Ford Mustang TC2
Chevrolet Cruze Stock Car Brazil
Peugeot 408 Stock Car Brazil

c21e1175395_209861129178298_15634270_n.jpg

View attachment 629380
stockcar-br-interlagos-ii-2016-felipe-fraga-lidera-o-pelotao-na-largada.jpg

And the best part is that Gr.2, being a Silhouette category, would easily allow PoDi to come up with some sweet fantasy Gr.2 spec cars (Just think about an Alfa Romeo Giulia QV DTM spec...:drool: or even a Hyundai Veloster GT500 spec...)

I think GT3/E is quickly becoming mainstream between both real motorsport and gaming, a Gr.2 like this would provide much more variety to the cars and groups roaster....but yeah, let's face reality, something like this will never happen, especially from PoDi :sly::lol::lol:

Should make a Gr.T for touring cars and have it numbered for the speed they are at.

The current structure doesn't really allow for cars such as TCRs and the like.

I had been wondering the same thing. Would make sense if they just kept adding classes as they got a good Groupon of cars developed. I believe that they are going to support this well with DLC.

My go at what could be a group 2 car list with all GT Sport's manufacturers :

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio LM Race Car
Alpine A110 LM Race Car
Aston Martin Vulcan Race Version
Audi RS5 DTM
BMW M4 DTM
Bugatti EB110 LM GT (yeah quite fed up with the Veyron / Chiron being downpowered, and they just threw in an old Audi in the rally class)
Chevrolet Camaro SS LM Race Car
Citroën C-Elysée LM Race Car
Daihatsu Copen LM Race Car (although I'd rather fit a new concept car there)
Dodge Viper GT-LM
Ferrari Portofino GT2 Race Car
Fittipaldi EF7 GT-R
Ford GT LM Race Car
Honda NSX GT500
Hyundai Genesis LM-GT500
Jaguar F-Type GTR
Lamborghini Aventador R-GT
Lexus LC500 GT500
Lotus Evora LM Race Car
Mazda RX Vision LM Race Car / MX-5 RF LM Race Car (wet dream)
McLaren 720 GT Race Car
Mercedes AMG GT-R LM Race Car
Mini Coupé LM Race Car
Mitsubishi Lancer
Nissan GT-R GT500
Peugeot L500R GT2
Porsche 911 Longtail LM Race Car
Subaru Impreza STI LM Race Car
Toyota FT-1 LM Race Car
Volkswagen GTI Supersport Race Car

Back