What do you think?

• Thread starter Swara
  • 10 comments
If it is released for the PS3, I think it will be more a matter of content than any qualitative change. I'm afraid that the GT franchise will be moving more towards the arcade racer end of the spectrum and further from being an accurate sim.

CC570
If it is released for the PS3, I think it will be more a matter of content than any qualitative change. I'm afraid that the GT franchise will be moving more towards the arcade racer end of the spectrum and further from being an accurate sim.

I don't think so. There pretty good about it not doing that

CC570
I'm afraid that the GT franchise will be moving more towards the arcade racer end of the spectrum and further from being an accurate sim.

If anything I think it'll be a more accurate sim. PD do extensive research and testing to replicate it into the game and I don't think they'd change this - rather improve on it.

I think that GT6 will have improved engine sounds (I hope!) and hopefully more premiums or at least standards changed into premium. I actually think that Kaz and the PD team are holding out on the DLC so that they can put it into GT6 so people will know its a whole new game - not just GT5 Spec 3.0.

Realistically, it'll just be the finished version of GT5, with a new interface and a few more add-ons; but I'm not going to be complaining.

I'm looking forward to it; loved every GT game because the Pros outweigh the Cons massively.

I'm of the opinion that the hardware (PS3) is a hard limit for PD. That is why I don't think a new title will be significantly different vis-a-vis the physics and graphics. Also since Sony is becoming ever more dependent on titles like GT for income, I can't see them making GT more of a sim, since sales for a more arcade like title would likely be much much greater.

CC570
Also since Sony is becoming ever more dependent on titles like GT for income, I can't see them making GT more of a sim, since sales for a more arcade like title would likely be much much greater.

PD has sold more than 65 Million copies of the GT franchise, and I hardly think that PD would move to develop an arcade title because their target market (us) actually buy the game as opposed to NFS series etc.
PD isn't lacking revenue or sales, maybe Sony could be - but that won't have anything to do with PD.
I see no sense in making a move like that; but then again this is just your speculation and I hope it will stay that way... :lol:

If PD was to make an arcade game, it wouldn't be called GT6 and now this makes it a bit off topic.

GT5 was called Driving Simulator for a reason - because it's the closest simulator you can get on the PS3; and I think they'll continue this marketing whatever, and attach it to the next game in the series too. It will have improved (the older games in the series show the evolution).

PD has sold more than 65 Million copies of the GT franchise, and I hardly think that PD would move to develop an arcade title because their target market (us) actually buy the game as opposed to NFS series etc.
PD isn't lacking revenue or sales, maybe Sony could be - but that won't have anything to do with PD.
I see no sense in making a move like that; but then again this is just your speculation and I hope it will stay that way... :lol:

If PD was to make an arcade game, it wouldn't be called GT6 and now this makes it a bit off topic.

GT5 was called Driving Simulator for a reason - because it's the closest simulator you can get on the PS3; and I think they'll continue this marketing whatever, and attach it to the next game in the series too. It will have improved (the older games in the series show the evolution).

Did not mean to say that they would change the game significantly. Just that it would be less like a PC sim (iracing, rfactor, netkar, etc ) rather than more like one. Just my opinion but, after driving in rfactor extensively going back to GT5 is a rude awakening as to how far PD has to go to be a "real" simulator.

Back