What does everyone here do for work?

Those look bad ass. I've never driven a four wheeler or 3 wheeler in that case.

As for my occupation, I did a bit of freelance for a while until I got tired of it. Now I just go to college and eat my parents food.

Those look bad ass. I've never driven a four wheeler or 3 wheeler in that case.

It's never too late :D

You might get some flack from people because it's a three wheeler, but that's just a stereotype. If you educate yourself, you'll find they are plenty safe, and even the US Government deemed them safe after an ATV accident ivestigation was launched. In reality, it was entirely new technology which hardly anyone had any experience with, and today there are many more powerful options on the market.

The best part is (like most ATV's), most of the sport variants (not the utility ones, yes they had those too, ever heard of a Big Red?) are entirely manual. Manual clutch, manual shifting, and front and rear disc brakes with full suspension. Stock horsepower can range from 7hp to 50hp with the right models. The 200X has 18, the 350X has 28, (both 4 stroke engines) and the 250R (2 stroke) has 38. Those are just Honda's. There were also Tiger's, Kawasaki's (Tecate 3), Yamaha (Tri-Z) etc. Also had various generations per model as well.

You should see when people mod them...this a flat track racer (200X).

IMG_1916.JPG

Well, to continue a format used earlier in this thread.. my career history has broken down like so:-

During the time of GT1:
College Student (maths, physics, design technology & business studies),
as well as part time office Junior,
as well as part time salesman in high-end HiFi shop.

During the time of GT2:
Student (still....)
as well as part time Office bod for the same company
as well as part time salesman in the same HiFi shop.

The PS2 had arrived and we had GT3:
Sales/Receptionist/Purchasing/Warehouse/IT/Tea Boy for the same company as before....
still selling HiFi too..

During the GT4 Era:
Moved to a slightly bigger company, running cutting machines, presses and lathes.
still selling HiFi part time.
designing websites part time.

By the time of GT5s arrival:
Technical sales manager
Still going to a HiFi shop to work, not enough customers to sell much to...

Now GT6 is here:
Technical Director
... HiFi shop no longer exists.

The plan is that by the arrival of GT7:
Technical Director, but also plant manager.

GT8?....
Mental and emotional breakdown, recovering alcoholic, bumming around the world taking pictures.

By the time sounds and AI are fixed in the GT series:
Pensioner

@homeforsummer

I was just looking online, and there's a popular magazine here called Dirt Wheels. On their facebook page, they posted a picture of a bunch of 70cc three wheelers that people race that an old official Team Honda three wheeler racer sent in (him and very many other big names actually post on the three wheeler forums, guys like Curtis Sparks, Mike Coe, Mickey Dunlap etc) asking if more people wanted to see them in their magazine. The response has exploded. It has more likes, shares and 100% positive comments than anything on their page, by a HUGE margin. Just shows how popular they are becoming again.

Just shows how popular they are becoming again.
Always helps when something is relatively cheap to get into. As a rule, magazines don't really cover enough stuff that their readers can afford to do. With those Honda three-wheelers, I expect most readers can afford to get into it! Accessible fun is certainly something I like to read about in car magazines and the like.

Always helps when something is relatively cheap to get into. As a rule, magazines don't really cover enough stuff that their readers can afford to do. With those Honda three-wheelers, I expect most readers can afford to get into it! Accessible fun is certainly something I like to read about in car magazines and the like.
Exactly. Small victories. ATV on Demand has already done a full stock review of one and then a build, and they are doing more, and with that, more companies are responding. Maybe some will start reproducing discontinued parts. Having the former racers on board with us is really helping, since they have connections. They want it back just as much as we do. It's a shame their demise was due to lack of safety knowledge at the time. There's even companies out there that convert modern quads into trikes. It's pretty cool.

I work at the local hospital in the Patient Financial Services department. My main job is receiving and posting payments from insurance and patients to patient accounts. I am also a supervisor for our Admissions team...who register patients for their doctor appointments, emergency room, inpatient, and other patient visits. Plus I schedule patients for travel to their appointments in Anchorage, and/or going home from appointments.

When I played GT1 I was a Graphic Designer.
When I played GT2 I was a Senior Designer.
When I played GT3 I was a Senior Creative.
If I had played GT4 I would have been a Senior Creative/Art Director.
I now play GT5 and I'm a Creative Director.

GT6 = My own Agency...? 👍
OK, it's now six years later and GT6 has come and (nearly) gone. Luckily I managed to keep my GT/Life timetable on track and now I'm part owner and shareholder of another agency and I'll be taking up my permanent role running it in June, hopefully before the official release of GT Sport. :D

I technically work two jobs right now. I'm a lot attendant and maintenance at my store.

Before that, I was a bagger at a store that...didn't care about its workers and a cashier at a dollar store.

I'm currently in HVAC as an installer apprentice, but am slowly transitioning into a lead tech.

OK, it's now six years later and GT6 has come and (nearly) gone. Luckily I managed to keep my GT/Life timetable on track and now I'm part owner and shareholder of another agency and I'll be taking up my permanent role running it in June, hopefully before the official release of GT Sport. :D

It's all building up to GT7, when you will be Supreme Dictator of Earth! :lol:

After 4 years in the Army, I went from job to job. From cutting aluminum extrusions to working at a sign shop. Miserable in everything I did.
Started working in a dog and cat lodging facility and it changed my life. I knew animals were my calling.
Now, I'm a veterinary technician with 15 years at a Feline only hospital.
My main focus is surgical assisting. But, thankfully I do get to see appointments from time to time.

Edited for spelling

My first job last summer consisted of me working at a Bobcat manufacturing facility where I stocked parts with a forklift.

Currently I'm pursuing my welding certificate and hope to go on to get my Associates Degree. This summer I will be going back to my previous summer job.

Nothing at all. I'm too dumb to work. No diploma, low IQ and I have too left hands. :P

Nothing, at the moment, of virtue of moving to a new province and waiting to move into town fully.

I have worked part time at a will lawyer's office, and done warehouse work making those slip on sleeves that go over your coffee cups. :lol:

Full time student.

Porter at a Toyota dealership.
I was offered a temporary sales position for the summer, granted I can find housing.

I work at an outsourcing company for a major aerospace company as a senior associate engineer (which is a fancy job title for boring, tedious, entry level work, not actual engineering) and an export control officer (side job at the same place). Also a full time student.

Helicopter components technician. I've worked on parts from the Irish Coast Guard, various military identities, and things off our fleet. Aircraft focuses on are the S-61, S-76 and S-92

Apprentice mechanic, or vehicle technician as they tell us to say at college so it makes us sound smarter. Around June-ish I should hopefully have finished my Level 3 and be fully qualified (I'm technically qualified now, but only at Level 2, which isn't a very strong qualification), then I'm hoping to move on to university and get an even higher qualification so I can then go on to work in motorsport.

Back