What Does GT7 Need To Be The "Best" Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 390 comments
Looking at the vacancies at Polyphony I think it will take a while before GT7 will be completed!

We're looking for staff.
Staff recruitment

· AI engineers NEW
Make the development of automatic traveling AI racing game.
Online engineers NEW
Develop all the functions needed to play against other players via the Internet or LAN network.
Graphics engineers NEW
To work with PlayStation®4 and PC, etc., we will develop a real-time graphics system by the GPU.
Game engine development engineers NEW
Various race rules in the game, and regulation, and the implementation of various functions to support the game.
Game script engineers NEW
Such as a game sequence and user interface, we will develop all the parts you touch in the game to the user's eye.
Sound development engineer NEW
Development of game sound processing program, make the development of sound production environment.
Data engineers NEW
BI (Business Intelligence) system of design, development, do the operation.
Test build engineers NEW
For the purpose of improvement of software quality, make and build and test the implementation of the test environment, and design of the build environment implementation.
Pipeline tool development engineers NEW
You done through software environment developed a flow construction for optimal content creation.
Mobile Application Engineer NEW
to work in a mobile environment, such as iOS and Android, we will develop and support application of the "Gran Turismo".
And in-house tool development engineers NEW
Such as a communication tool to be used in-house, we can produce a variety of tools that support the game production.
-Vehicle simulation development engineers NEW
Improvements and of vehicle simulation engine of the "Gran Turismo", we will do, such as reproduction of the mechanism of each vehicle.
Physical engine development engineers NEW
Develop a system for simulating a variety of physical phenomena in the game.
· CG artist

Using 3D applications such as Maya do the 3D data production, such as car and courses.
Technical artist

And familiar with the latest CG technology, improvement and rationalization and graphics system, do the technology introduction and technical support to the artist.

Part-time job adoption

Online operations staff
Planning of online events, perform the operation check of management and online capabilities.
- Official Web site production staff
We do support the creation and updating of various contents of the official web site, "Gran Turismo-dot-com."
· 3DCG designer assistant
Make 3D data production, such as car and courses. And guidance carefully to PC / 3D software inexperienced person.
Graphic Design Assistant
Graphics, GUI, web, such as product, and support of design work in a wide range of areas.

Campus Recruiting

There is no adoption frame of the new graduates dedicated, consistent with the experience of adoption applicants conditions, or please apply without reserve even while attending If you have the same skills.
Sounds like they're going all out on this one.... I'm starting to question how realistic Kaz's predictions are...

Looking at the vacancies at Polyphony I think it will take a while before GT7 will be completed!
I wouldn't necessarily draw that conclusion. Every developer threw a lot of workers at every game in the HD age during the last year or so of development. Every Forza for instance. Also keep in mind that all these positions are fairly well staffed already, for a team of 150 or so - keep in mind that we don't know how big PD are right now either.

Besides, this is yet another game of "PD can't win." They don't hire, they're too small to produce GT7 before 2020. They do hire, then they're desperately adding staff because there's no chance it will be ready before 2020. :D

Have older cars. The Huayra and Veyron are all very good and polished, but watching a Ford Model T clank around on GT4 was cool.
Have less cars. I don't need 54 Skylines or 29 Miatas. Around 700-800 with 300 rendered Premium, perhaps 800,000 polygons? Standard Cars need upgrading from 8,000 to at least 20,000 polys.

Finally, BETTER CAREER!!! Bring back all the Enduro's and have way more variety. Lastly, don't keep the star system. It was just idiotic. More NFS than GT.

Please don't ignore us Kaz!

@GTHuayra

The thing is though, I think PD should reduce the amount of Polys they use for Premiums and still use adaptive tessellation for when you get upclose & personal. Mostly for the sake of game performance and maintaining solid framerates . That's just from what I know about graphics.

I mean look at PCars for example, the cars look good but have enough polygons (100k if I'm not mistaken) and even Driveclub has about 200k polygons yet the cars still look amazing and detailed. PD needs to strike a balance I rate. Keep the cars at maybe 200k polygons and not only will they look good but we could possibly have more detailed cars on track, less stress on the GPU and possibly CPU, other details on track like debris, better weather and more

I think this would be a good idea I rate.

@GTHuayra

The thing is though, I think PD should reduce the amount of Polys they use for Premiums and still use adaptive tessellation for when you get upclose & personal. Mostly for the sake of game performance and maintaining solid framerates . That's just from what I know about graphics.

I mean look at PCars for example, the cars look good but have enough polygons (100k if I'm not mistaken) and even Driveclub has about 200k polygons yet the cars still look amazing and detailed. PD needs to strike a balance I rate. Keep the cars at maybe 200k polygons and not only will they look good but we could possibly have more detailed cars on track, less stress on the GPU and possibly CPU, other details on track like debris, better weather and more

I think this would be a good idea I rate.
PCars is 80k on console. On PC I'm not sure what the limit is, probably 500k or more, but the photo realism of the cars when they are maxed out is insane. DC is 250k. 250k is probably the upper limit on track IMO. Unless you're in photomode, you aren't going to notice any difference at speed if the other cars are 250k or above. I'd be happy with 80-100 k as in PCars, so you could have more power for other things. A neat trick on PD's part would be to render the cars at 100-200k while racing to keep the GPU/CPU power load down, but render them up to full resolution when taking a photo on the track. Don't know if that's possible or feasible, but it would be a neat trick.

Yeah actually, bring down the poly to maybe 200-250k and then Standard Cars at maybe 50-100k? Just putting it out there :) oh and @TayeezSA I saw your UI on the GT7 Ui thread, it is really cool!

Or how about we have consistency with 200-250k polys throughout? Graphical consistency is the name of the game... And thank you for the kind comments, I need to polish up the UI though, had a better idea in mind :P

@Johnnypenso it should be possible in theory.

The bottom line is PD has way more power than what they had on the PS3 and even though there's more power ,they should still be wise with how they handle their GPU & CPU power usage. Sure everything must look pretty but what about the other meat and veg? Track/Road debris, weather, clouds, crowds, trees swaying in the wind, sounds and many other things. I honestly think they can implement such in GT7 and they should attempt to atleast have a leftover excess of CPU & GPU power that they can save for other things.

Essentially, be powerwise.

That's what would make GT7 the best GT.

Get rid of career mode, buff up online play. Create the ability to host leagues, events etc with integral points series and stat trackers. Better customization of lobbies, cleaner ways of dealing with punters and bad drivers. Require licence levels to race at certain events/lobbies. So much more can be had online, everyone wants better AI...why not race against real people then with similar license levels.

Take a hint from games like CS GO where they pair you with similar level players and you can work up through your rank by playing well and not being a douche.

I say CAN offline mode altogether aside from practice.

Relating to online racing - allowing race organiser to limit choice of cars to his/her own garage - for example we race 550pp V8 four door cars with wings. Very specific and hard to manage in race rules. Being able to either get that granular with race rules or actually share cars from my garage would be ideal.

And whilst I'm at it, something along the lines of point to point racing across deserts - welcome Paris - Dakar racing!

Better AI
More variety of cars: I want more pick-ups, Jeeps, Humvees, old F-1 cars as well as new ones, and finally why we don´t see cars like this in racing games?
43d5c48de2a7840434cf5fc13d48dba9.jpg

f6e264de85e83a8fd27ee448e8ee0966-jpg.22365

Thereby condemning the game series to death as there is no way at all anywhere near enough people would buy the game to finance all the licencing to add cars and tracks. Good thinking @Vegas17. :dunce:

You think online only games don't sell that well? :lol: It's 2015 last time i checked.

Destiny, Call of Duty Blackops (mostly online players), BF4 etc

I'd argue that many people won't buy games due to the poor online experience.

Last edited:
Comparing a first person shooter to a race game is an apples and oranges comparison mate.

Iracing is exclusively online. 55,000 total subscribers. Even a total fail like GT6 with 2+ million sales dwarfs that.

Online in a race game is a minority interest issue for one very good reason. In a 16 car race there is ONE winner and 15 losers.

With online only you're appealing to a small niche.

The beauty of balancing both online and offline is that you appeal to a large spectrum of players across the world, not just one market.

Not everyone has the interest let alone the means to play online only. If it's only online then from my perspective you're only appealing to Western plus some Eastern markets and people who actually have a net connection suitable to play online.

On sidenote, out of all my friends who own PlayStations, only 2 that I know actually play games online and I'm the only one that owns a PS4. Now if we want to get together and jam a session then it's an issue for us. Offline tends to be much easier to handle.

For GT7 to be the best it has to be complete game for everyone not just one type of player.

1. Online with options so the player can configure the game how they like it.
2. GT-Mode that deserves the name with options so the player can configure it how they like it.
3. Arcade Mode with everything available quickly for pick up and play gamers.
4. Leaderboards, Leaderboards and more Leaderboards. Then when you think there's too many Leaderboards some more Leaderboards.

For GT7 to be the best it has to be complete game for everyone not just one type of player.

1. Online with options so the player can configure the game how they like it.
2. GT-Mode that deserves the name with options so the player can configure it how they like it.
3. Arcade Mode with everything available quickly for pick up and play gamers.
4. Leaderboards, Leaderboards and more Leaderboards. Then when you think there's too many Leaderboards some more Leaderboards.
We should have leaderboard, leaderboards:idea:💡. A leaderboard showing who is on the most leaderboards. Another for most 1sts, most podiums, most top 10's etc.

We should have leaderboard, leaderboards:idea:💡. A leaderboard showing who is on the most leaderboards. Another for most 1sts, most podiums, most top 10's etc.

FM4 had leaderboards that calculated players' overall scores across all track/class combinations, as well as each Rivals category (Autocross, Track Day, Drift, etc). It even had ones for the Photographers, based on the amount of views they had received. I may have overlooked it, but I can't find anything like that in the newer games, which is disappointing.

If GT7 went online-only, I'd have one more reason to not buy it.

My two cents:

More special events with more content: I was quiet surprised how little everything was in terms of special events compared to GT5. Sure, you had a ton of Red Bull X cars and Karts, but in terms of new content, there wasn't much. I was actually expecting a lot more from the Senna and Red Bull licence especially. I know Sebastian Vettel has left, but the game was made in 2013 and Vettel's suit wasn't added, nor was Senna's Camel Lotus 99T even though it was on the Goodwood 2013 sculpture, or even any of his McLaren's. I'd like to see more of that with more rewards. Maybe now that they have a deal with the FIA and there's a supposed fully sanctioned FIA Grand Turismo F1 Sim Series on the way, maybe there could be more of a F1, WEC and GT presence. With that as well, maybe more suits, helmets, etc, etc. can come.

Bundle cars: A common problem has been the abundance of duplicate cars. I think we should keep the base, stealth and some of the premium versions (along with updated ones) except rather than have them all as a seperate slot, bundle them together. For example, if you want to buy, say, a Nissan GT-R GT500, it could be one entity and when you buy it you can choose whether you want it in a base livery, Calsonic livery, Motul Livery and so on. That way, you can still have a R34 variation, except now it's in one place and you have more room to add different cars like a Ferrari 488, GT3 Aston Martin, Koenigsegg or any other new car or manufacturer.

Randomized weather: I can't be the only one who thought that the S Class events went overboard with the rain, no? Instead of having the weather the same, have an option like what most racing games have for two options: Default Race weather, or randomized weather. That way, if you want to redo a race, or grind for credits, it won't be as much of a drag to race at some of the same races over again because there's a new scenario.

More races in career: Career championships are way too short. I feel they should pad it out a little more to 5-7 races at least so then it doesn't feel like I'm racing a small club championship with insanely rich prototype cars.

That's all I have atm. I'll post another reply like this when I think of more.

Among other things : a good intro movie, the last one was from gt4.
I will never forget the first time I saw intro movie from gt1, 2 and 3.
You mean like this? I made it myself. :)

In all seriousness: my vote is for a community that argues less. Guys, y'all are awesome, but sometimes I think even putting Barack Obama and Kim Jong Un in a room together would result in calmer discussion!

FM4 had leaderboards that calculated players' overall scores across all track/class combinations, as well as each Rivals category (Autocross, Track Day, Drift, etc). It even had ones for the Photographers, based on the amount of views they had received. I may have overlooked it, but I can't find anything like that in the newer games, which is disappointing.

If GT7 went online-only, I'd have one more reason to not buy it.

Like PD care about what the customers want. :P Customers have been complaining about the sounds and lack of proper damage modelling since the beginning of time. Every single car game out there is better than PD on that :P

Am I going to buy GT7? I don't know, but probably not. I guess it will be a ported version of GT6 - still with PS2-cars without proper interior. At the time GT7 is out, we have Assetto Corsa on PS4. Why on earth would I buy GT7 then? I might buy it if GT Academy comes back to Scandinavia.

Better livery editor, more old 60-70-80's Toyotas, Datsuns etc.. And the Toyota Cressida X30.
If that and preferably engine swaps aswell and last but not least better sounds.
That would make GT7 perfect imo.. But im a ****ed up 'yota fan :P

Back