What Does GT7 Need To Be The "Best" Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 390 comments
Warning, Long Opinionated Post Below

What GT7 needs is what Need For Speed is Doing. They need to do a reboot, a total re-haul the entire game! I saw it in another thread, but someone said,

PD has to approach the game like they have never made a racing game before
This is a quote of the year for me. PD has to approach the console racing genre as if it were 1996-1997 all over again.

PD has to ignite that spark that made them the known franchise they are today. although I ultimately enjoyed GT5 and GT6, these last 2 iterations do not reflect PD's true potential. PD has to literally blow everyone's mind and set the bar to almost unreachable heights again for other racing games. Just like they did 10 years ago.

PD HAS to focus on QUALITY this time. Say it with me PD, QU-AL-IT-EE (quality) not quantity. I won't give 2 🤬 if we have 5,000 cars in GT7 if 4,000 of those cars are jagged, rough edged looking standard cars from GT3. That 5,000 won't hold any weight whatsoever. I would be satisfied if PD had the car count they had in Gran Turismo 1 if we are being honest. At least each and every one of those street cars were viable to be turned into a race car.

I stress this all the time, but PD has to think about the people who legitimately play their game. It seems they are trying to reach out more to a fanbase that will quickly scrap their game once something shinier or newer releases. I don't know, maybe I'm being selfish, but I believe PD needs to make a game that appeals MORE to the fans and people who TRULY supported them from day one instead of trying to impress these temporary, "here then gone" fans who can give two 🤬 less about your game. I'm not saying make the game an overall racing/car enthusiast simulator, but it seems that PD is becoming more of a casual arcade game for everyday gamers. Spplit the game up 60/40 or 65/35. GT7 should be what it was in the past. A console racing sim that ANYBODY can play. Don't give most of the game to the people who won't be around long enough to play the whole thing is what I'm basically saying.

When it comes to customization, PD is lagging far behind the competition. I have friends who literally tell me all the time, "I would play GT all the time if they had better customization" It doesn't have to be Forza's full-out customization (Though that would be great) We just need enough customization to make the car feel like it's ours! Also, customization brings a whole 'nother fanbase into play. I tell ya PD, if you can pull out something slick with this and stop with all this petty, sneaky piece of 🤬 you call customization, you'd make a brickload (slang) of fans ecstatic!

To expand on customization, PD what y'all really need is a Full-blown livery editor or some sort of pre-made livery center. This is way overdue! Y'all have GOT to get out of your old ways and get with the program, most of these Racing sims out here nowadays have some form of livery editor whether it be online or offline. Why y'all do not have some form of it is beyond me. Remember when y'all had Racing modifications for every car back in Gran Turismo 1 and Gran Turismo 2? Y'all gotta elaborate on that idea and having more customization and a livery editor is, to me, the best way to go about it!

Racing.... Oh my goodness, the racing. I am grateful for all of the creative minds on GTPlanet, because if it wasn't for them, GT6's racing would have gotten extremely dull. PD, y'all can't keep at this standard racing procedure. It's time to expand on it. I've watched Project Car Le Mans Gameplay videos and am absolutely blown away! The damage model, the fact that you and other drivers can get DNF for mechanical failures and such. Also, I love how you have the pit crew chief (I know I'm naming this wrong) speaking to you on certain occasions. Not to mention they ACTUALLY have yellow flags!
(i.e. if you take front wing damage, he'll say "bring her in for repairs so you don't lose time.")
This kind of stuff will make bring out the racing aspect out of Gran Turismo and make it stick. However, with a great procedure and presentation, you have to have the main bulk. That main bulk being the A.I. PD don't make the A.I. or their cars so basic. If I'm bringing a heavily tuned 600 HP Corvette C7 to a race I expect to see a heavily tuned Viper and Aston Martin by the A.I. In addition, let them have driving personalities. Stop making everyone of them drive the exact same. I mean literally every driver decreases acceleration or taps the throttle in the the exact same way at the same exact time. Make the driver feel like he's going against actual drivers. I mean shoot Gran Turismo 1-4 had at least semi-challenging A.I.

I guess the bottom line for me is, What Gran Turismo 7 needs to be is the Gran Turismo 1 of PS4. If PD can make a x5 version of Gran Turismo 1, That will be adequate enough to break through the roof of the console sim racing barrier.

I have SOOOO much more I want to elaborate on but I don't want to write a book to y'all. Anyway, sorry for writing a damn research paper. Just really wanted to get my point across as clearly as possible even though I know there might be a lot of flaws in it.

When you have multiple iterations of a game franchise, each one provides a unique experience. Some games feel more like simple updates to a previous game. Some games feel more like prettier versions of older versions. So as a veteran of the series and as someone who provides detailed and semi-professional commentary, my own thoughts are basically my own thoughts on what will make GT7 "the best ever."

For one, Gran Turismo 1 is my favorite. Second favorite is Gran Turismo 4. Part of my love of GT4 actually came as I thought about what GT4 had to offer as I thought of my Gran Turismo experiences. There were just things about GT4 that really resonated with me as I look at the Gran Turismo series today. I joined GTPlanet as GT4 was in the works. Gran Turismo 2 helped in expanding the range and appeal of automobiles to solidify itself as an "encyclopedia of cars." That is even if there is greater Japanese bias than any other nationality of car. Gran Turismo 3 only did so much and didn't seem too much an evolution aside from graphics. I thought Gran Turismo 5 was a quantum leap in terms of the philosophy and character of the Gran Turismo series. However, Gran Turismo 5 left me wanting much more. It didn't offer the complete experience that would make me love GT5 more than GT1 or GT4. Gran Turismo 6 righted a lot of the wrongs of GT5, but it still didn't feel like "best ever" material. In fact, I even called GT6 as "the most unexciting GT ever." As for GT1, what more can I say? It wasn't seriously realistic, but that game just remained fun overall. Racing Modifications. High speeds. There was just a character to GT1 that makes it better than even its most modern counterparts.

Having said all of this and having experienced all kinds of experiences in Gran Turismo lore, a "best ever" Gran Turismo experience has to encapsulate the overall character of the Gran Turismo experience while also making the experience as engaging and as intriguing as possible. I think Gran Turismo needs a greater motorsports focus and not seem as casual. GT6 sort of helped in making people feel like having their own race team with the Base Model race cars. I want to see more of those and in a better variety. I want to see more cars from some of the companies that have only so few cars. You know... give me the funky-looking Marcos LM600 GT race car or more Bentleys than just the 2003 Le Mans winner. Give me the Panoz LMP Roadster and some of the Esperantes to go with Panoz. While GT is about car companies, and while the Red Bull machines are nice, I want to see some more varieties of race cars. I love GT/sportscar/endurance machines, but I also like a few formula cars like Formula 3, Super Formula (formerly Formula Nippon), and stuff like that. I even wouldn't mind seeing something like IndyCar Series or the former Champ Car machines. If you can't do that, then please offer an updated Formula Gran Turismo car apart from the one we've been using since GT4. It may never happen, but make almost EVERY track with Time and Weather versions. I want to imagine maybe something like a 1000km race around Grand Valley or even a 24 hour race around Grand Valley. While I haven't many problems with its driving, I'd just make the handling and driving model a bit more interesting while not making it too difficult even for veterans of the series. Make it as engaging as most PC sim racing machines but keep it accessible and fun. Or if anything... PLEASE enhance the weakest link of the Gran Turismo series- the sounds. Also, improve the "Standard" cars more to where you don't have as much prejudice as to how far you can use and utilize such cars. Even cars with simple interiors can be made better out and out. Don't make GT7 a GT5 in this respect. Anything else I think would enhance GT that I haven't thought of, I'd probably mention it in some other post or in one of my blogs.

These are more recommendations than outright items to improve the Gran Turismo series. I want the GT series to continue and last. I just think a lot needs to happen to make Gran Turismo 7 as the "best ever" among certain discriminating GT fans based on what GT6 brought.

Sound. Please fix. There's games 15 years older then GT6 with better sound.

Being Australian id like to see a better representation of our cars in the Game.

Current V8 Supercars

Classic Holdens. Especially Peter Brocks A9X Torana Race Car that dominated Mt Panorama in the 70's

Rant over.

I posted the above in April. And it was delivered today... By forza. I've been playing this game on and off for 16 years but I'm now going to the dark side.

I'm sure it's been said but I'd really appreciate the AI not slamming into me, causing me to spin out. I get irrationally pissed when that happens. It's difficult not to because it just...wouldn't happen IRL (Ok, obviously it could happen but you all know what I'm getting at).

Proper clutch implementation. I don't like paddles or shifting without the clutch, it feels like I'm doing nothing at all.

I think for Gran Turismo 7 to be the best Gran Turismo, it should have the simplicity and fast load times of Gran Turismo 3, and with the graphics and physics of the PS4!

The gt6 suggestions board has it all right there. Also gt3 is probably the highest selling because it was packed into the box with a ps2. Not that it wasn't great.

The first Gran Turismo will always be the best, because it invented a new sub-genre. You have a wide range of cars, from small hatchbacks and sedans, that you see every day on the roads, to exotic supercars and racecars. You buy them, own them, upgrade them and race them.

There were racing games before Gran Turismo, but they were mostly focused on spectacular crash derbys, or dedicated to a certain class of racing, such as F1 or Nascar. Gran Turismo was the first to do what they did, and that is why it was such a great success when it arrived.

I see a lot of suggestions about how Gran Turismo needs to be able to do what all the competition does, how it should have feature X from game Y, etc. I don't think that is at all what Gran Turismo 7 needs to be the best selling and best reviewed Gran Turismo. If you want the Project Cars experience, you already have Project Cars. Why would you pick Gran Turismo instead? If you want the Need for Speed experience, you already have Need for Speed. Why would you pick Gran Turismo instead? If you want the Forza experience, you already have Forza, why would you pick Gran Turismo instead?

To be the best selling Gran Turismo and the best reviewed Gran Turismo, GT7 needs something new. It needs to redefine the genre in one way or another. No critic is going to be impressed by a livery editor when Forza has had one for years. No critic is going to be impressed by realistic mechanical damage when Project Cars already set the bar. I don't know what Need for Speed has to offer, maybe cops? I don't think that would impresse anyone either.

So those kinds of suggestions would just make Gran Turismo an average selling, average scoring title. You guys need to think outside of the box and innovate, suggest features that has never been seen before, something that will blow everyone's minds.

It's extremely difficult, I know. But that is the only way that Gran Turismo will ever be able to repeat the massive success from its first few titles.

Engine swaps, realistic audio for all performance upgrades, more premium drift cars, be able to add more drift specific parts to cars like steering angle kits, full car customization with licensed body kits and decals, full customization of wheel sizes and dimensions, be able to view replays of any online gameplay at any time (not only after races), realistic clutch kicks with realistic clutch kick audio, more realistic e-brake physics (no unrealistic super oversteer), improve the shifting when using clutch and shifter (remove the drop into Neutral BS), more realistic damage to the car cosmetically and mechanically

Eliminating NASCAR and Red Bull would be a good start. Get rid of Daytona and bring back Seattke El Capitan and Red Rock. We dont really need hundreds of Miatas Skylines and S2000s either

Here's what I think would help GT7/GT SPORT be a better game, in regards to content and features:
  • Full damage and resource consumption in Arcade and Career modes.
  • Settings for more proficient AI for advanced players.
  • AI grids which use cars within the same regulations as yours. (Fairness for the win, right?)
  • Updated and renovated Daytona, Indianapolis, and any other licensed tracks which are due.
  • Some newer race cars would be nice. I'd love to tear a TS040 or an R18 e-tron down the Mulsanne.
  • More intelligent AI algorithms for oval tracks, course maker creations too.
  • Power rankings, sportsmanship/safety rankings, etc. so everyone has something to gauge their abilities with so they can improve on them if they desire to do so.
  • Career mode needs an overhaul, something other than earning 'stars' or 'experience'. My personal opinion is points racing is the way to go, so even if someone has a bad race they have the opportunity to make it up rather than having to do it over, and over, and over again.
  • Bring back the marketplace! I'd like to be able to buy/share customized cars and help my friends out with their needs be it a car, setup, or something else.
  • Livery editor. We have a course maker now with a report button for mature content we could use that for user-made liveries too. I feel liveries would also allow players to be more creative and make up for a given lack of content there may be.
  • Don't remove any content that's already there. Grouping and updating the content we have while adding new things is a lot better than removing cars and tracks that people enjoy. (ie. NASCAR cars and Daytona)
I most likely left some things out that I think would help the game but I have a feeling y'all get the overall idea. Please remember that everything I stated is a matter of opinion and if you disagree then we can agree to have different views on what the next installment of the game should have.

Like PD care about what the customers want. :P Customers have been complaining about the sounds and lack of proper damage modelling since the beginning of time. Every single car game out there is better than PD on that :P

Am I going to buy GT7? I don't know, but probably not. I guess it will be a ported version of GT6 - still with PS2-cars without proper interior. At the time GT7 is out, we have Assetto Corsa on PS4. Why on earth would I buy GT7 then? I might buy it if GT Academy comes back to Scandinavia.
You can't listen to millions of customers at the same time and make them happy at the same time, its impossible, so the logical thing is to try to make the best game at all aspects and then if customers dont like it, then dont buy it, its that simple.

Eliminating NASCAR and Red Bull would be a good start. Get rid of Daytona and bring back Seattke El Capitan and Red Rock. We dont really need hundreds of Miatas Skylines and S2000s either

I agree with the 50 skylines, miatas and etc. But i strongly disagree with you about getting rid of Daytona and Nascar. Just because you don't have any interest in them doesn't mean they should get rid of them only because you don't like it.

Get rid of Daytona

Why get rid of Daytona? There is a lot more history to Daytona than just NASCAR.

Like the 24 Hours of Daytona...

92.jpg

IMSA-Tudor-USCC-Group-Photo-Daytona-Speedway-011.jpg

I think reading these comments we are getting a theme here, and its mainly three or four major things, AI, Sound, Cars / Tracks and Custom ability.

I've said it before, PD needs to takes notes from previous games and developers, mish mash all previous games togetther no reason why a PS4 title not to have tracks from all previous games. They (PD) also needs to tell Sony to step off and for PD to release the game when its ready.

When you look at a community like rFactor and the general modding community its hard to understand why some games look and feel terrible OR look stunning but have poor game play

Aside from what everyone else is saying, I think the dealerships could be improved a bit by removing all the duplicates from the main dealership menu and adding them all as trim levels for the different models. Doing this would avoid a lot of the unnecessary clutter and add a layer of personalization. Say you wanted a Launch Edition ND Miata:

1. You'd go to the Mazda dealership.
2. You'd click on the ND Miata's entry in the menu.
3. A list of trim levels would pop up, sorted by price: Sport, Club, Grand Touring and finally Launch Edition. You'd click Launch Edition.
4. A confirmation dialogue would pop up, and after clicking OK, the car would be yours!

One thing that would seal the deal for GT7 for me would be if they went all out on the racing cars/series that are in the game, and had a good livery editor. What I mean by this is if they got rid of all the different sponsors of the same car, and had only a base model that you could paint and detail however you'd like. To do this properly they'd need to add all the current LMP/GT cars, all current Super GT cars, add Indycars and F1 Cars (Licensing makes this highly unlikely), and get a Base Model of all 3 manufacturers in NASCAR. Adding tracks used in the calendars of one or more of each series would significantly increase the replay-ability for me. Getting rid of any content (aside from duplicates obviously) would be ridiculous and unnecessary, and only anger more people.

There should be an extensive in-game Livery Editor, but players should also be allowed to export a car's template to their computer and edit the paint in a photo-editing software, then be able to import it back into the game, just so people can make their paint schemes however they'd like.

One thing that would seal the deal for GT7 for me would be if they went all out on the racing cars/series that are in the game, and had a good livery editor. What I mean by this is if they got rid of all the different sponsors of the same car, and had only a base model that you could paint and detail however you'd like. To do this properly they'd need to add all the current LMP/GT cars, all current Super GT cars, add Indycars and F1 Cars (Licensing makes this highly unlikely), and get a Base Model of all 3 manufacturers in NASCAR. Adding tracks used in the calendars of one or more of each series would significantly increase the replay-ability for me. Getting rid of any content (aside from duplicates obviously) would be ridiculous and unnecessary, and only anger more people.

There should be an extensive in-game Livery Editor, but players should also be allowed to export a car's template to their computer and edit the paint in a photo-editing software, then be able to import it back into the game, just so people can make their paint schemes however they'd like.
This is the only part of your post I don't agree with. I think they should offer a choice of base liveries for those who like real-world liveries.

This is the only part of your post I don't agree with. I think they should offer a choice of base liveries for those who like real-world liveries.
I understand your point, in my fantasy world the Livery Editor would be good enough to replicate real-life schemes, that's why I said that.

The first Gran Turismo will always be the best, because it invented a new sub-genre. You have a wide range of cars, from small hatchbacks and sedans, that you see every day on the roads, to exotic supercars and racecars. You buy them, own them, upgrade them and race them.

There were racing games before Gran Turismo, but they were mostly focused on spectacular crash derbys, or dedicated to a certain class of racing, such as F1 or Nascar. Gran Turismo was the first to do what they did, and that is why it was such a great success when it arrived.

I see a lot of suggestions about how Gran Turismo needs to be able to do what all the competition does, how it should have feature X from game Y, etc. I don't think that is at all what Gran Turismo 7 needs to be the best selling and best reviewed Gran Turismo. If you want the Project Cars experience, you already have Project Cars. Why would you pick Gran Turismo instead? If you want the Need for Speed experience, you already have Need for Speed. Why would you pick Gran Turismo instead? If you want the Forza experience, you already have Forza, why would you pick Gran Turismo instead?

To be the best selling Gran Turismo and the best reviewed Gran Turismo, GT7 needs something new. It needs to redefine the genre in one way or another. No critic is going to be impressed by a livery editor when Forza has had one for years. No critic is going to be impressed by realistic mechanical damage when Project Cars already set the bar. I don't know what Need for Speed has to offer, maybe cops? I don't think that would impresse anyone either.

So those kinds of suggestions would just make Gran Turismo an average selling, average scoring title. You guys need to think outside of the box and innovate, suggest features that has never been seen before, something that will blow everyone's minds.

It's extremely difficult, I know. But that is the only way that Gran Turismo will ever be able to repeat the massive success from its first few titles.

This, I completely agree with. One of the things I can think of that PD has that no other racing game has, is a Course creator. Should that be their main focus? No. Should it stick out from the rest of the pack? YES!

Forza is KNOWN for their customization and livery editor

NFS Is KNOWN for their open world roaming, cop chases and street racing scene.

Project Cars is KNOWN for their attention to detail with real world racing and pretty much replicate everything you see from it.

iRacing is KNOWN for their highly realistic physics

Assetto Corsa is KNOWN for.. Almost the same thing as iRacing just in a different fashion.

What is Gran Turismo known for now? Their outrageous car count?

Forza has that.

Their graphical advancement and attention to detail?

Forza, pcars, and soon Assetto Corsa will have em beat there.

Definitely can't be race quality.
And their arcade mode has become very lackluster.

Bottom line, PD has to adapt to these games and THEN SOME.

The FIA partnership and having FIA sanctioned online events was DEFINITELY a great start. But to me, they gotta keep going. GT Sport has got to separate themselves from the competition and be known for something that no other game has.

For me, that have to have a Mod Nation type Course Creator, and continue to grow with the FIA partnership. THOSE will be the 2 things PD and Gran Turismo will have over the competition. Not saying they shouldn't include customization, a livery editor, realistic race procedures, actual damage, etc. PD indeed needs to implement those things, but their MAIN concern, FEATURE WISE (aside from physics and race experience) PD have got to care more about what separates them from the rest. Or better yet, capitalize on every aspect every game has, then have your own features no other game has. GT would be Forza, pcars, Drive Club, etc. All in one! ( excluding NFS)

I understand your point, in my fantasy world the Livery Editor would be good enough to replicate real-life schemes, that's why I said that.

Especially considering the fact that PD might not have the rights to create some of those historic liveries, a livery editor is your best option really when it comes down to it.

What is Gran Turismo known for now? Their outrageous car count?

Forza has that.

Their graphical advancement and attention to detail?

Forza, pcars, and soon Assetto Corsa will have em beat there.

Definitely can't be race quality.
And their arcade mode has become very lackluster.

Bottom line, PD has to adapt to these games and THEN SOME.

The FIA partnership and having FIA sanctioned online events was DEFINITELY a great start. But to me, they gotta keep going. GT Sport has got to separate themselves from the competition and be known for something that no other game has.

For me, that have to have a Mod Nation type Course Creator, and continue to grow with the FIA partnership. THOSE will be the 2 things PD and Gran Turismo will have over the competition. Not saying they shouldn't include customization, a livery editor, realistic race procedures, actual damage, etc. PD indeed needs to implement those things, but their MAIN concern, FEATURE WISE (aside from physics and race experience) PD have got to care more about what separates them from the rest. Or better yet, capitalize on every aspect every game has, then have your own features no other game has. GT would be Forza, pcars, Drive Club, etc. All in one! ( excluding NFS)

Gran Turismo is known for its wide scope, its accessibility, and - as you mention it - its graphics and attention to detail. GT6 is actually pushing the graphics quite far (some would say too far, given the console's limits).

Forza, PCars and AC are all good, but none of them does everything that the competition is doing. No game does everything, there's always a limit is scope and depth, partly to be able to keep the game focused and partly to keep the game from becoming a beast, impossible to work with. PCars and AC cover one niche, Forza and Gran Turismo cover another niche. They all have cars and racing simulation in focus and to some degree they compete against each other, but they approach the theme from different perspectives and with different objectives.

To be the best Gran Turismo, I'd say:

Continue to demonstrate a passion for cars and its world: More events like Goodwood. More pilot celebrations like Senna, Mario Andretti. More historic landmarks like the moon car. More VGTs (and other concepts too). More entry line production cars from old days.

Invest in being the tool to bring people into motorsport (as they are seemingly doing): Competition along passion. But reach to all, from unskilled curious amateur to incredibly skilled enthusiast, have and give tools to support all kinds of leagues (don't half ass it in this aspect, look at DOTA, look at SFV).

And perhaps the hardest, move out from podium as the sole goal for rewarding gameplay (and life), spectacular performances are not resumed to "did you win?".
Crashing in lap 24 of 30 and having to restart and repeat, is often the opposite of fun and productive use of time so the whole 3-5-10 laps "be number 1" design plan is understandably safe, but there has to be some other way.

Personally, I believe if Polyphony makes these changes then GT7 will be the best Gran Turismo to date.

1. Offer a comprehensive career mode. The career mode in GT6 was too short, didn't feel well paced, and the "star system" was a step backwards for the series. GT7's career mode should improve on the XP system of previous games, offer hundreds of diverse events, but most importantly it needs to bring players a sense of progression. They need to immerse the player into a feeling of actually moving up the ranks as a racer rather than just grinding through random events.

2. IMPROVE THE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE! I can't stress enough how important AI is in a racing game. The single player races in GT6 simply felt like a time trial with moving obstacles. The racing felt so bland and dare I say, even boring. Improving the AI is a must and will bring back the "fun factor" into the GT Series.

3. Upgrade the Standard Cars to Premium Cars. Having PS2 rendered cars on a PS4 is absolutely unacceptable. Not only that, but it's about to be 2016 for crying out loud and if GT7 doesn't offer a detailed cockpit view for all of their cars, then the series will become history. Obviously Polyphony can't upgrade all 800 standard cars to premium cars, but I believe they should upgrade the 100 most important standard cars and scrap the rest.

Those three are the most important. Of course, there are more additions I'd love to see, too. I believe races should have standing starts rather than rolling starts. Improved Sound is definitely welcomed. Lastly I'd like to see even more tuning options. GT5 and GT6 did a pretty great job with the tuning options, but I'd love to see it taken even a step further. Maybe giving players the option to choose the specific bars for turbos or the specific width of tires.

If Polyphony improves on these these, then GT7 will not only be the best Gran Turismo, but also the greatest racing sim. Now here's hoping Polyphony actually hears these ideas.

Menus should have no lag at all (at least when selecting options; some loading times are inevitable), and should be designed to reduce the number of button presses needed to navigate them. They remain one thing I like more in the original Gran Turismo, particularly the tuning menus.

Speaking of tuning menus, they should include proper scales on the engine curve graph and gear ratio graph. If they do that, I can see, for example, that if I want to stay above ~200HP, I need to set the gears so that I can stay above ~5000RPM. Then when I read the gear ratio graph, I can see that 3rd gear will be used from ~4747RPM to ~7200RPM (the redline). 4747RPM is a bit lower than the 5000RPM threshold for 200HP, but is probably okay since it allows me to enter 4th gear at a higher RPM.

9jqJtQu.png

dkyXnHl.png

Also replace the A/B/C saved setups with setup "files" so you can have as many or as few as you want.
yYuQFT7.png

The "career" mode should be designed from a game-design and level-curve perspective so that not too much grinding is required. If you're skilled, you shouldn't have to race any events more than 2 or 3 times to progress.

Would also be nice if, after beating an event once, you could select your opponents (from a limited list) for subsequent runs. This might give finer control over the difficulty if you want to enter a car very evenly matched (for your skill level) to the opponent cars and their "skill".

If the standard cars are going to remain, they should be in the background, while premium cars fill out the foreground. All, or at least the _vast_ majority of opponent cars should be premium. The front of dealerships' lineups should also be mostly premium.

Last edited:
I'd like racing rules/flags. Without that GT7 will still be an arcade-ish title like its predecessors.

About NASCAR content being worthless, I think the GT franchise should finally feature full-blown racing categories. That way that content is put to use.
I mean, instead of having two unconnected NASCAR-like races in a story mode that has 100 races total, it'd be much better to remove that and have a different menu / story mode that only has NASCAR races, in only NASCAR circuits (four would do), with only NASCAR cars (it's doable to do this with even only one car) and only using NASCAR rules (I stress this point. GT really needs real life racing rules). Instead of having one or two races of DTM, it'd be better to have a DTM-only category. Instead of one "Rally Special Race", might as well have a Rally-only story mode; or Karting-only season or whatever.
Then the game would have several story modes, with of course one of them being "Gran Turismo" that is about racing road legal cars in classic GT tracks, another story mode being Goodwood (exactly like GT6) and so on.

Not that any of this matters without G27 support, and in any case when it comes to major changes PD has never taken feedback from the community so I don't know why I even bothered typing this :P

Last edited:
The "career" mode should be designed from a game-design and level-curve perspective so that not too much grinding is required. If you're skilled, you shouldn't have to race any events more than 2 or 3 times to progress.
I think we should race said events because we want and not because we "have to".
A fairly accurate starting grid might do the trick: if i want to race the world 500 pp racing cars championship i'll want to see ONLY ONE category of cars. No rally cars, no old time DTM. Same for the 24h of le mans, if you want it to be enjoyable you've got to kick all the 80's and 90's prototypes out and make it lmp1 only ( with lmp2 and gte as fillers), make it credible not putting random cars just for the sake of it.

I think that I would like to see some of the original tracks come back to gt7. Also the option for us to put full decals on our cars, also (body kits, seats, window tint, adjustable steering lock ect). Also to add maybe some minor changes to the physics even though I find them fine. Another major change is to do premium cars only.
Also would like to say regarding to having all premium cars is good for next gen because standard cars are unacceptable. Being said that I would say that if they did do all premium Wich i hope they do they could remove some cars as well. Like we don't need 20 different Hondas and miatas.
Also would like to say to bring back some of the original races from the gt series. Like the ORIGINAL 24hr races that are actually timed races and not only 24 minutes like in gt6. I'm sure everyone would agree that those races were supper fun and it made me feel like a race car driver.

And finally. Some car and track DLC... because gt6 lacked it completely. Also a better track editor that let's you do any course remake. For example ( bihoku, ebisu etc). Let's exclude Vision GT cars because they are pointless and a waste of garage space (let's be honest) I've only used them once or twice and they feel overpowered and unfair.

Last edited:
Aside from what everyone else is saying, I think the dealerships could be improved a bit by removing all the duplicates from the main dealership menu and adding them all as trim levels for the different models. Doing this would avoid a lot of the unnecessary clutter and add a layer of personalization. Say you wanted a Launch Edition ND Miata:

1. You'd go to the Mazda dealership.
2. You'd click on the ND Miata's entry in the menu.
3. A list of trim levels would pop up, sorted by price: Sport, Club, Grand Touring and finally Launch Edition. You'd click Launch Edition.
4. A confirmation dialogue would pop up, and after clicking OK, the car would be yours!
That's what I've been saying for a couple of years now. Haha. That would sort things out and having different trims would actually make sense, and it would be unique since no other game offers this

Back