What exactly is the point of Forzavista?

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 87 comments
Also on another note.

It is likely that the the population of people on GTP forums are biased towards liking Forza vista compared to the whole population of people who bought the game.

My claim is that most people using this forum are car lovers, petrol heads or what we call ourself, and therefore more likely to find such features as Forza vista usefull, rather than the average Forza customer for whom the game is just another game in and endless stream of Xbox games.

This is also to a lesser degree true about the population of people using the official forums.

The majority of the people who bought the game has however proberly never visited GTP forums. I would think that more people that have the game has visited the official forums. However I still think the majority of customers has never been to eather GTP or official forums.

imaRobot

Well I dont know how to multi quote.

You are right that me putting a certain number as for how many find it usefull was wrong, as I have no way of proving it. So let me refrace it. I think that it is a very small minority who find Forza Vistae usefull compared to how many find it not very usefull.

If you want to ignore my post then its you loss not mine.

I dont post here to argue with people just for the sake of arguing.

My anology was not a lot of mumbo jumbo. It was a way of trying to explain to you how proberbility theory works.

You could check out these links if you want to find more information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayes'_theorem

Anyway we will proberly not agree. And that fine by me as long as you have a good time with the game ( I know I am ) Thats what really matters :-)

Also on another note.

It is likely that the the population of people on GTP forums are biased towards liking Forza vista compared to the whole population of people who bought the game.

My claim is that most people using this forum are car lovers, petrol heads or what we call ourself, and therefore more likely to find such features as Forza vista usefull, rather than the average Forza customer for whom the game is just another game in and endless stream of Xbox games.

This is also to a lesser degree true about the population of people using the official forums.

The majority of the people who bought the game has however proberly never visited GTP forums. I would think that more people that have the game has visited the official forums. However I still think the majority of customers has never been to eather GTP or official forums.
That majority of people that bought the game don't even join the official forums. That forum has just as many topics and posts than even this forum, and there are already 250k+ members here, meanwhile if we can take a guess of the amount of users that Forza has from the leaderboards of the first race, we are at 1.5million+. Now that is not an exact number, but took look at the greater picture, the official forum is hardly as active than this, and we only have a quarter of a million people here.

That is why I agree with what you say, that people on forums are no way a measure of what consists of evidence for the subject, as the people online are the ones that are voicing their distaste, while the ones that are pleased don't have a reason to use the same method.

If you want to ignore my post then its you loss not mine.
Just to point out, I did not ignore your post, just ignored the tangent you went off on. I replied to what was necessary.

imaRobot

This GTP Forza 6 forums has about 200 threads.

The official forums has 7.000 threads.

So yes the official forums are a lot more acurate source to look at when desiding wheater Forza Vista is a feature that only a small minority find usefull or not.

We do agre that the majority of people who bought the game has not been to eather forums.

imaRobot

This GTP Forza 6 forums has about 200 threads.

The official forums has 7.000 threads.

So yes the official forums are a lot more acurate source to look at when desiding wheater Forza Vista is a feature that only a small minority find usefull or not.

We do agre that the majority of people who bought the game has not been to eather forums.
I'm talking about the whole forum in general(both of them), we get just as many topics as that forum does, spread out over a variety of things, and we only have 250,000~ members here. With the leaderboards in game reaching into the 1.5mil+(this number was from some months ago, so it is likely bumped up since than) its not to far off to assume that only a very small fraction of the members that own the game are actually using the forum in the first place. That was my point.

Yes but however many threads or users the GTP forums has all in all including other topics not Forza 6 does not count when trying to find out if it is only a small minority who find Forza vista usefull.

There is no connection between how many users GTP forums has and how many customers who bought Forza 6 find Forza Vista usefull.

And yes we agre that it is only a small portion of all people who bought Forza 6 that has visited eather forums.

However the sample size of 7.000 Topics has a lot more weight compared to a sample size of 200 Topics if we where to find out how many people found Forza Vista usefull compared to other features in the game.

It would probely be more acurate to base our conclusion on 7.000 topics sample rather than a 200 topics sample.

It is still not very acurate, but it is the best source of information we have aviable.

Yes but however many threads or users the GTP forums has all in all including other topics not Forza 6 does not count when trying to find out if it is only a small minority who find Forza vista usefull.
You're correct, but you're missing my point. My point is that the community is rather small, and a very small fraction of the community is there. I was never linking the two, I was simply stating that what is written on the forum is a very, very, very small wishlist of individual people that do not represent the whole community, as they are the vocal minority in the grand scheme of things. They are so few members, that the forums shouldn't be an accurate way to decide what is good and what isn't, as the people there are the ones that want to complain, yet the people not there are likely the ones that are happy with the product, which at this point, vastly outnumbers the amount of people on the forum if we go about it that way.

There is no connection between how many users GTP forums has and how many customers who bought Forza 6 find Forza Vista usefull.
I never hinted at that connection in the first place.

However the sample size of 7.000 Topics has a lot more weight compared to a sample size of 200 Topics if we where to find out how many people found Forza Vista usefull compared to other features in the game.

It would probely be more acurate to base our conclusion on 7.000 topics sample rather than a 200 topics sample.

It is still not very acurate, but it is the best source of information we have aviable.
It is a bigger number, but it still proves nothing. Like you said, it can not be used for statistical evidence, so to continue down a path that you already told me not to in the first place is a bit odd. It will be more accurate, but it's not accurate at all in the grand scheme of things. That's also to assume that all 7000 of those posts are against Forzavista, which is not the case.

Two cases of bad information doesn't make it anymore accurate. They are both wrong to go off of.

If you go by what people say on the official forums, without knowing any better yourself, you would think Forza 6 was the worst racing game ever. I seriously almost didn't buy an XB1 and Forza 6, because I was reading all that stuff and thought the game was trash. I know better now, and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. I only check in over there when News is expected anymore, or when I need to access my pictures.

If you go by what people say on the official forums, without knowing any better yourself, you would think Forza 6 was the worst racing game ever. I seriously almost didn't buy an XB1 and Forza 6, because I was reading all that stuff and thought the game was trash. I know better now, and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. I only check in over there when News is expected anymore, or when I need to access my pictures.
So its true to some guys theory: Gamers are harder to praise than Sun Gods.

So its true to some guys theory: Gamers are harder to praise than Sun Gods.

Head to any online community dedicated to a single game, and you'll find the most vocally critical players. It's just common sense really. :)

As someone who likes Forza more than GT, currently:

Forzavista, in its current state, SUCKS.

All this talk of wishlists and budgets is irrelevant. Turn 10 creates the game they believe in. It's that simple. Who can blame them them as long as they deliver whatever Microsoft expects sales-wise? This is something only Microsoft insiders can discuss without resorting to guesswork, so I'm not suggesting we go down this road. It's already bad enough how statistics and probability entered the thread on loose ground, especially when keeping the original question in mind.

All this talk of wishlists and budgets is irrelevant. Turn 10 creates the game they believe in. It's that simple. Who can blame them them as long as they deliver whatever Microsoft expects sales-wise? This is something only Microsoft insiders can discuss without resorting to guesswork, so I'm not suggesting we go down this road. It's already bad enough how statistics and probability entered the thread on loose ground, especially when keeping the original question in mind.
Which was exactly my point from the beginning, the things he brought up as a problem because of said feature where irrelevant as they were choices that they made for things to pan out this way.

Wrys?

Other than a severe lack of Clarkson I think it's pretty good.

• You can't move the car.
  • There are two home spaces even though there's a whole submenu for it
  • You can't zoom in much
  • You can't move your camera in interior much and you can't take pics of the back seat if you wanted to
  • Regarding interiors still: You can't zoom in much
  • You can't take top-down shots because there's an absurdly low ceiling and you can't look down with the camera
  • The car description clips can't be more god damn vague. Instead of describing the current car, it's just always about the brand.
  • You can't have more than one car in ForzaVista mode for photo mode purposes (though that may or may not be a technical limitation).
That's all I can think of, currently.

Last edited:
  • You can't move the car.
  • There are two home spaces even though there's a whole submenu for it
  • You can't zoom in much
  • You can't move your camera in interior much and you can't take pics of the back seat if you wanted to
  • Regarding interiors still: You can't zoom in much
  • You can't take top-down shots because there's an absurdly low celing and you can't look down
That's all I can think of, currently.
I used to know how to glitch into the interior, but I believe they patched it out :(

See, you had, and still have, to glitch to do cool things. Like, really?
Yeah, I agree that the photomode has too many restrictions in place that don't make sense. It's all a bit odd that they'd even bother removing such a small bug in the first place.

It seems like a ton of effort goes into modelling the engines, trunks and all, but what exactly is the point of it? Forzavista as it is seems extremely limited and I never spend more than a couple minutes looking at the car, the narration is often generalized for an entire brand or model lineup and isn't really deep enough to provide any insight, the points of interest are pretty boring and don't even have voiceover, the engine startup sequences don't sound anything like the real things(something that GT5/6 beat Forza at in the sound department). Overall it seems boring and unnecessary.

I'm sure some people enjoyed virtually exploring some of the cars. When it first appeared, only a limited number of cars were explorable but now they all are and it's a nice extra, even if most players won't poke around much. It makes them come across as actual cars rather than just shells that look like cars.

It beats the crap out of "features" I recall from GT5, like that crappy museum thing with little pictures accompanied by a Tweet. Now that was boring. Then there were oil changes and car washes, but you never actually did anything besides select to do them from a menu, so it never really contributed to the feel of them being actual cars, but rather was simply a boring chore.

Forzavista is an optional way of letting players geek out and drool over the cars a bit. I don't see the harm in it. Yes, some resources went into it, but it's a way of going above and beyond just the bare minimum of throwing together some cars and tracks. The extras help make a game stand out above the norm. I know I'll take Forzavista over oil changes, car washes, and car history Tweets any day.

If you're a real car enthusiast, you'll know the point of Forzavista. I do, however, agree that the information provided on each car is fairly vague. Also, I don't like how the game revs the car when you start it. At least you can control the throttle after it's done. Another negative point is that not all cars are fully Forzavista ready (the Forza standards).

Other than that, Forzavista is probably one of the best features of Forza 6. I love it and hope it never disappears. I spend at least 40% of my Forza game time on Forzavista. I do ask myself how and why did they go through the hassle of modeling all the good stuff, but in a positive and very thankful way.

I love Forzavista for actually having a purpose and meaning something to gain a player's interest, especially a new player who is new to cars. Remember that motto from FM4? "Turning Gamers to Car Lovers" (and Car Lovers to Gamers). Therefore it's good to have such a feature where you could check out and learn about said cars, even if some cars are still unfinished... But hey, it's somethin'. :sly:

I love looking at the engines and everything else in certain cars I will never get to see in person, so at least it's something that will never become minor or boring, like the ones @IceMan PJN mentioned.

Is the reason you can't open parts on certain cars to do with licensing maybe? Or just that T10 decided to have a premium semi premium or standard model going on with the forza vista. Or is it because some models are modeled with older tech or from an older game in which the cars weren't fully explodable. I am not sure it's any of the above but just putting this question out there. Why? Some models more premium than others.

I love forza vista. As long as they fix the vague information and give unique model history for each and every car, make all the models fully explodable and sort out the unreal engine sounds in the forza vista more properly. I think they should try do something new and unique with forza vista mode for forza 7 or on the next next gen console which would make good forza even more unique and special.

For instance be able to look around full
360 degree camera inside the interior. Be able to keep the engine on when viewing car from outside. And I don't know do something else special I can't think of any other ideas yet. But I'll be sure to post my ideas with you wonderful people here at GtPlanet community as soon as I think of any good ones. :D stay tuned cause my ideas are the best ones.

Hehe

Last edited:
Never used it, not even touched it. But when VR comes on stream I think the merits of forzavista will really come alive.

When only a small fraction of evidence is present it is very uncertain that a theory can be acknowledged as true. As more and more evidence comes in favor of the theory it goes from zero % towards 100 % true.

Theory A:
The majority of customers use Forza Vista a lot and find it very usefull.

Evidence supporting this theory.

Few users on GTP forum.

Theory B:
The majority of customers dont care for forza vista, and would rather have other game features expanded or improved.

Evidence supporting this theory.

A lot of users on the official forums, who are constantly asking for features from Forza 4 to be reimplemented or improving other area's of the game.
You're missing one thing in this comparison.

Considering the combined member count of GTP FM6 section & the Official forums is likely not even half of the entire Forza consumer base, you're missing a gigantic chunk of user feedback to support your theory shifting to "100%". The only evidence that matters in whether or not Forzavista is or isn't supported by the entire user base is T10's data that displays the amount of time Forzavista is being used.

I don't think they would continue to develop the mode since FM4 if people weren't responding to it positively, or spending time in it. Personally, its big issue is the lack of consistency among the cars' details/interactions.

Back