What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
Bought Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion a while back, and it's currently on my backlog (bit busy to play anything at the moment). I played Oblivion a lot when I was younger, but admittedly it was difficult to comprehend what was going on back then since I was an Asian kid who didn't know a lick of English. Now that my language skill has been bolstered by over 15 years of living in Canada, I'm itching to see how it holds up after all these years since I first played it.

Oh, and I also have Resident Evil 2 Remake on my backlog. I bought around October after having finished Resident Evil 4, but I've been too much of a wimp to actually sit down and commit to it. I'll definitely give that game a shot... later.

Bought NHL '21 on a whim seeing as I haven't played a hockey game since the PS2 days. Didn't think of I would enjoy it as much as I am. Very impressed with how in depth the franchise mode is. That alone is going to take up plenty of my time.

Also, a bit of Super Mario 3D All-Stars on the Switch and still plugging away on Breath of the Wild.

Last edited:
Haven: Can't seem to put down this charming game!
Jedi Fallen Order: Most enjoyable, but the gameplay is very derivate (Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Arkham Series...)
Ori and the Will of the Wisps: As with the first game, I always get stuck in a place I can't get out of. I'll give it another go, but it's candidate for deletion.
River City Girls: I was enjoying it until I face the third boss (Hibari b%&$!!!). I don't just rage quit, I rage delete.
Assetto Corsa: There is not a hint of game design there, no presentation, guidance, rewards, or bells & whistles, simply a fine simulator, buy dry as a bone as a game experience.
Gears 5: On to the new campaign episode (I don't do multiplayer.)

Last edited:
New console so thought id treat myself to a next gen game too, nba2k21 is mint on series x, will still be on ac when i fancy a drive though and never forget battlefield 1. I dont have time for assassins creed nowadays, too grindy. Looking forward to flight simulator next year, thatl be a expensive one as il probably buy the flight controller.An expensive hobby this gaming malarkey!

Last edited:
Well I was going to play cod but its non stop stupid updates. This is why I hate modern gaming.

Got the disc on monday took 13 hours of updates before i could get into a game. Go to play Tuesday antoher update spent another 2 hours downloading. Log in the night another friggin update another hour wait.

So ive managed to play 45 mins in 3 days. How can you keep turning out big updates all the time?

Back to Warzone because of the update, they have truly screwed this game up with the Cold War integration.

The MW guns are balanced with 100 health points in mind, the CW guns are balanced to 150 health points. So now the CW guns like the M16 are super over powered.

Then you have duplicate guns with different stats and attachments, and the fact that it takes a long time to unlock things on the guns.

It makes no sense, unless they are doing this just to make people buy CW and micro transactions, which I would not doubt for a second. This is the same developer who puts you in lower skill games after buying a skin, so when you kill the newer/lower skill player they might like your skin and buy it too.

There are also some weird bugs like invisible players. GG Activison.

Last edited:
It makes no sense, unless they are doing this just to make people buy CW and micro transactions, which I would not doubt for a second. This is the same developer who puts you in lower skill games after buying a skin, so when you kill the newer/lower skill player they might like your skin and buy it too.
That's actually a thing?! I haven't played in a good 6-7 months because I tend to get bored of these games fast.

New console so thought id treat myself to a next gen game too, nba2k21 is mint on series x, will still be on ac when i fancy a drive though and never forget battlefield 1. I dont have time for assassins creed nowadays, too grindy. Looking forward to flight simulator next year, thatl be a expensive one as il probably buy the flight controller.An expensive hobby this gaming malarkey!
Anything about the Series X 2K took advantage of, for the game?

I've been playing 2K20 on my One X which is still a fine looking game and have every intention on picking up a 2K game whenever I get around to buying a Series X (likely when FM8 finally arrives & we're at 2K22).

Anything about the Series X 2K took advantage of, for the game?

I've been playing 2K20 on my One X which is still a fine looking game and have every intention on picking up a 2K game whenever I get around to buying a Series X (likely when FM8 finally arrives & we're at 2K22).
Erm, considering i havent had an 2k since 16 i cant honestly comment, although the graphics do look next gen and it loads in like 5 seconds from dashboard.

Football Manager 2020, I have Football Manager 2021 but there isn't enough mods out to do an interesting save yet so I'm doing a weird save in Russia involving Luch from Vladivostok who are in the UEFA competitions despite being east of China, it makes the travel expenses ridiculous and the time between games a joke, really liking this save.

Last edited:
I played GTR2 again recently. I have been studying how to develop a race track. There aren't too many resources to help out these days. Most of what you see resource-wise in modding is usually for the rFactor series (especially rF2) or Assetto Corsa. Though, I feel like I can properly use a combination of Blender and 3DSimEd to do my development work. As I am slowly learning how to 3D model better, I feel my ultimate goal is to actually make a proper mod for a racing game. I don't even care if I am playing an ancient (by today's standards) sim racing game that hardly anybody plays anymore. This is still one of the most solid sim racers to date.

Picked up Sudden Strike 4 a while ago, but only started playing it at the weekend. I appreciate that console RTS games are very niche, but really enjoying it so far. I had read some reviews/comments that the controls didn't work well with a controller, but I have found it fine so far (perhaps the issues were patched after release?). Definitely a game I think I am going to pour a lot of time into though.

I played GTR2 again recently. I have been studying how to develop a race track. There aren't too many resources to help out these days. Most of what you see resource-wise in modding is usually for the rFactor series (especially rF2) or Assetto Corsa. Though, I feel like I can properly use a combination of Blender and 3DSimEd to do my development work. As I am slowly learning how to 3D model better, I feel my ultimate goal is to actually make a proper mod for a racing game. I don't even care if I am playing an ancient (by today's standards) sim racing game that hardly anybody plays anymore. This is still one of the most solid sim racers to date.
I tried a few methods of modeling a track/environment and have found this technique to be the best, if it helps. 👍

I will not use Blender because its UI and controls are abysmal. :lol: But the principle carries over. I have been drawing a CSG polygon upon a path in Godot, then exporting that as an OBJ (thanks to a user add-on) to do everything else in Wings3D.

I finally started Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion, and wow, I underestimated how dated the graphic actually looks (and I'm not usually the one to make a fuss about graphics in game). Although, I think it still holds up rather well as a RPG game. There's something very basic yet engrossing about Bethesda's games, and Oblivion is no exception. I'm just 'sploring the scenery and doing all sorts of chores for Mage's Guild, while completely ignoring the main quest.

Also, I'm replaying Race Driver: Grid, but with my newly acquired 32:9 120Hz monitor this time! I'm really surprised how well it scaled with 32:9 display, considering it's a game from 2008.

I haven't played Grid much this year, but single race on La Sarthe was all it took to reaffirm my love for this game - blasting down the Mulsanne straight in pitch black darkness, controller shaking violently, train of GT2 cars snapping at my tailpipe, and my Porsche screaming like Goku going supersaiyan as I chase down the Panoz right in front of me. I ended up wrecking my car after some violent side-by-side action with that aforementioned Panoz, but I had smile on my face the whole time. Man, what a game.

Attention Ace Combat fans, Luftrausers fans, and anyone who enjoys sci-fi jet fighter action, shmups, and ridiculous carnage...

Jet Lancer is one hell of a game. Only Steam and Nintendo Switch, unfortunately. I recently finished the story mode -- it's still on my play list for the arcade mode they added in a free update, and for NG+ later.

I've been listening to my favorite songs from the soundtrack on YouTube. My top favorite is "Bravo Lima Alpha Sierra Tango" -- and what a B.L.A.S.T. the game is.

Just started playing Demon’s Souls the other day (got it for Christmas). It looks good, but the difficulty is something else. I think I only tried Dark Souls back in the day for a bit and gave up. So far, have been making some steady but slow progress (about to go at a Fools Idol boss in 3-1, after defeating 1-1,1-2, and 2-1).

One thing I don’t like about it is that using a guide is basically a requirement for this game because the UI is archaic and doesn’t tell you the exact impact the items make, hidden mechanics, world tendency, etc. Sure you may be able to stumble through the game without any guidance but it will be extremely painful and you’ll need lots of time on your hands, which most people don’t. I get that they tried to make the game the same as in 2009 with better graphics, but I wish they would add more help and better UI.

I bought City Car Driving for £3.07 in the Steam winter sale. I can't wait to hook up my G29 so I can be told off for speeding smoothly and without the hand gymnastics required to remember to indicate or stay in lane whilst operating an on/off clutch!

rsz_20210101_231705.png

Picked up Sudden Strike 4 a while ago, but only started playing it at the weekend. I appreciate that console RTS games are very niche, but really enjoying it so far. I had read some reviews/comments that the controls didn't work well with a controller, but I have found it fine so far (perhaps the issues were patched after release?). Definitely a game I think I am going to pour a lot of time into though.

I was tempted to buy this since I loved the first sudden strike game on pc when I was a kid. My very first private league in any game was with Sudden Strike and the Forever expansion, way back when gamespy was popular.

Last edited:
Having finished the Grid's career mode (again), now I'm onto the Assetto Corsa...'s Xbox One Gamepass version, with my trusty Xbox One wireless controller.

I'm not deluding myself that I'm having any kind of optimal, as-intended simulation experience without any simracing peripheral. With that said, turns out Assetto Corsa (console version at least) is pretty great with controller. There is pleasantly weighty feedback that makes cars feel nice and grounded, and after fiddling about with controller settings, I was able to drive most cars with factory assist setting. It has pretty much become my go-to game when I just want some quick offline pick-up & play experience on console.

I thought ACC playing well with controller was an anomaly, but it appears Kunos basically had controller handling figured out right from the get-go.

Last edited:
I own The Elder Scrolls Oblivion but I never finished it, so when Skyrim came around I just ignored it. But now, thanks to Gamepass and running on my Series S, I am enjoying it quite a lot, seeing how many mods I can pile up while still running at an almost flawless 60 fps. (It looks spectacular for an “old” game.)

Last edited:
Dark Souls remastered on the Switch. First time ever playing a Soulsborne game. Only a few hours in and really enjoying it so far. It's tough but it doesn't feel unfair (we'll see how that goes further in though. lol). So far my deaths have only really come from lack of concentration and just being too over confident.

Last edited:
Replaying the single player of GTA 5 after many years. This is the greatest game ever made imo, no game has had this much quality or attention to detail. Crazy that it's 7 years old already.

After finishing Cyberpunk, started replaying Hitman series to get ready for Hitman 3. When I originally played it, I kind of rushed through the games and didn’t explore all the possibilities. Trying to take it slow now and replay the levels with different approaches to assassinations. It’s a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to the third instalment.

After finishing Cyberpunk, started replaying Hitman series to get ready for Hitman 3. When I originally played it, I kind of rushed through the games and didn’t explore all the possibilities. Trying to take it slow now and replay the levels with different approaches to assassinations. It’s a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to the third instalment.

I only started playing Hitman this year back in the summer. I've only just got to Sapienza after completing the training levels @100% and >90% of Paris. I'm in no rush, decided to give myself a target of at least 80% on each level before moving on. I'm definitely buying H3 at some point, I'm completely hooked these games are so good, the atmosphere, so much going on its incredible. Outside of racing games it's fast becoming one of my favourite game series of all time.

Edit: clearly I've not accepted that this is a new year yet :lol:

Last edited:
I only started playing Hitman this year back in the summer. I've only just got to Sapienza after completing the training levels @100% and >90% of Paris. I'm in no rush, decided to give myself a target of at least 80% on each level before moving on. I'm definitely buying H3 at some point, I'm completely hooked these games are so good, the atmosphere, so much going on its incredible. Outside of racing games it's fast becoming one of my favourite game series of all time.

Edit: clearly I've not accepted that this is a new year yet :lol:
Yeah, I’m still thinking it’s 2020 sometimes.

First time I played Hitman was back in 2000, when the very first game was released. I went to my friend’s house after school to play it on his PC, since my dad limited my play time to just the weekends. Sometimes other friends from school would come over too and we’d have a few beers, since his parents usually worked late and we had the apartment to ourselves. We were all pretty **** at it back then and would try to tell whoever is playing what to do. There were no hints and mission stories back then, so you had to figure it all out by yourself. I don’t think he had internet either to look up game tips.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk. I have to say I can’t believe the public is so hard on the game. I am really getting into it and am amazed at the love that went into this game. The city is huge and once I revisited some areas it started to feel like home.

And I am truly surprised I can play it on my base PS4. Yes it struggles but man is it awesome to see what is possible on that console.

I have been enjoying one very mainstream title, which is unusual for me -- Skyrim...with over 30 mods (naturally) to personalize it, improve it, and make it worth my while. :lol: I'm not unfamiliar with Bethesda games so I was never interested in Skyrim in vanilla form. Instead I now have a Lykaios character, modded combat, Frostfall's survival and camping mechanics, animal taming, more realistic (less suicidal) wild animals, additional music & ambient sound effects, and more.

It's interesting going "backwards" from Breath of the Wild to Skyrim. There is plenty I miss from BotW in Skyrim, but it is nice to have proper caves and dungeons in a similar-feeling game, and more of an edge to survival, between Frostfall's mechanics and not being able to carry 999 apples or BotW's easy-to-acquire "hearty" foods that restore all your health with a single ingredient. Not to mention messing with the derpy NPCs, of course! :)

I really hope the BotW sequel has even more to offer and that Eiji Aonuma doesn't end up steering it back into the rut of previous 3D Zelda games.

Back