What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
As I traded in my PS4 to recoup some of the PS5 cost and the latter still a month away, I was itching for a game to play to pass the time. Disco Elysium has been on my radar since last year, but I was a bit unsure how I’d like it and also had other games to play. This week the game went on a 30% sale in addition to the above, so the stars aligned. I’m still very early in the game, but what I’ve seen so far is very promising and seems like it will hit the spot just right and even get me in the RPG mood before Cyberpunk comes out.

I’m a little bit afraid that it may actually spoil the other games coming this year. We shall see. So far, it’s definitely one of those games where the journey might matter more than the destination, even if the destination is gorgeous.

I've been playing a ton of Art of Rally recently. I started getting into making drifting music videos for some reason. I think it's because the game is gorgeous to look at and has a pretty fun photography mode combined with really bad replay cameras. You can unpause your replay in the photo mode and then fly around with the camera pretending to be a drone, while trying to keep the car in the camera frame, so it's kind of like a drone simulator too ;)

This video has no replay cameras, every single shot/camera angle/camera movement was done by me!

Destiny 2, Genshin Impact, World of Warships, Elite Dangerous and GTS on my PS4 and Raid shadow Legends on my phone. Each in small sessions.

So I want to check Doom Eternal on Gamepass (I want to play campaign only)... what’s this? Welcome to Bethesda.net... No, can I skip this page?... No? Immediate uninstall, next.

So I want to check Doom Eternal on Gamepass (I want to play campaign only)... what’s this? Welcome to Bethesda.net... No, can I skip this page?... No? Immediate uninstall, next.
Just sign up, your going to have to do the same thing when EA Play becomes available in November anyway.

I thought the same at first, then said sod it, it's just a username and password with an activation email link.

You can link em both to your Microsoft account aswell.

Last edited:
Hades
Fall Guys
Art of Rally
CSGO
Deep Rock Galactic

I cleared the Art of Rally career on normal to unlock everything so now its on to the harder settings to start really working on improving. Hades is getting in the way of that though. Its an absolute blast and hard to put down.

I kind of have been going back to Duke Nukem 3D [Atomic] lately. I am actually looking at wanting to try to utilize using 3D meshes in Duke Nukem 3D. Meshes are possible with various ports. So mostly, I have the old JFDuke port and eDuke. I had downloaded a few different versions of the HRP (High-Resolution Pack). While I have used voxels, I wanted to try to put in 3D meshes. I have been unsuccessful so far at putting in 3D models into DN3D.

I've been playing a ton of Art of Rally recently. I started getting into making drifting music videos for some reason. I think it's because the game is gorgeous to look at and has a pretty fun photography mode combined with really bad replay cameras. You can unpause your replay in the photo mode and then fly around with the camera pretending to be a drone, while trying to keep the car in the camera frame, so it's kind of like a drone simulator too ;)

This video has no replay cameras, every single shot/camera angle/camera movement was done by me!

Best video I have seen from art of rally so far! Amazing! I will share it on the art of rally subreddit, if you don't mind. You deserve more views!

Edit: Also this game is so beautiful! Best racing game of 2020 for sure!

Last edited:
I have been playing the Cube Series (Cube, AssaultCube, and Cube 2: Sauerbraten) lately, mostly for development. This is a rather old set of first-person shooter games mostly in the vein of classic Quake. AssaultCube can be thought of more as a Counter Strike style game. These games have rather weak single-player elements, but they are otherwise good time killers for the first-person shooter fan. Oh, and they are all free and open-source games.

Pacer - It's a anti-gravity racer in the same vein as WipEout. I highly recommend it if you are into WipEout and want your fix of that style game, in fact, dare I say I am enjoying it more than Omega. 👍

dare I say I am enjoying it more than Omega. 👍

Impossible. Can such a thing exist?

NHL 21 for me, as a Canadian.

This marks year 3 of the TIHS custom hockey league. Each entry in the series I own (17, 20, 21) I create 31 teams and swap out the NHL franchises with my dumb made-up franchises. Then they all compete to win the TIHS Porcelain Bowl.

Chicago Ugly Hockey clinched the title last year in the playoffs, but I hope the Victoria Vipers have a better challenge this time around.

Last edited:
I took a chance on Car X Drift Racing on Xbox for £25. I now have a rad, 420hp Lada saloon! Therefore, I quite like this game :D

rsz_3a602d44-784a-4b2e-9f40-feef32453096-01.png

Last edited:
I’m sorry, I really am. I bought Skyrim on the Switch. Now I’m hooked, again.

It still is such an amazing game. I already have a couple of side quests I’ve never encountered before.... Oh the humanity.

Impossible. Can such a thing exist?
:lol: I didn't say it was a better game at least. As much as I am enjoying Pacer it certainly isn't up to the same level of quality as WipEout Omega that's for sure, especially in terms of menus and design. In some areas, Pacer (in my opinion) is better or more fun than Omega and, believe it or not, Pacer is more difficult than Omega. The highest speed class is damn near impossible for me to do right now, but what sets Pacer apart is that players can tweak weapon and performance loadouts to take on the particular game mode accordingly, so there seems to be more strategy to the game.

Just bought Madden 05, supposedly the best game in the series. Mainly because it’s the closest thing to a rugby game that doesn’t suck.
About to pick up Aragami as well, because it’s on Xbox Games With Gold.

Nothing! Please someone recomend a good single player hidden gem to get me through lockdown!

Have played all the good known triple A single player games.

Pacer - It's a anti-gravity racer in the same vein as WipEout. I highly recommend it if you are into WipEout and want your fix of that style game, in fact, dare I say I am enjoying it more than Omega. 👍
Bought the digital PS4 version earlier this week in the middle of my current WipEout fix and have been enjoying it for its own reasons. Steadily working through the F3000 and F2000 events, but already getting a lot out of the handling model, ship customisations and the sense of speed in both of those classes.

That being said, I can't help but think that Pacer feels a bit sterile and less polished in places compared to the Omega Collection, with noticeable framerate dips (especially during online races), in-race music not playing properly at times and at least three game crashes since I downloaded it on Tuesday. Which is why I also went ahead and worked my way up to unlocking the Pir-hana Prototype last night. :)

Last edited:
Bought the digital PS4 version earlier this week in the middle of my current WipEout fix and have been enjoying it for its own reasons. Steadily working through the F3000 and F2000 events, but already getting a lot out of the handling model, ship customisations and the sense of speed in both of those classes.

That being said, I can't help but feel that Pacer feels a bit sterile and less polished in places compared to the Omega Collection, with noticeable framerate dips (especially during online races), in-race music not playing properly at times and at least three game crashes since I downloaded it on Tuesday. Which is why I also went ahead and worked my way up to unlocking the Pir-hana Prototype last night. :)
I do hope the developer supports the game and polishes it some more because it's a good game. I've not noticed frame-rate drops, but I'm on PS4 Pro. I have been playing Pacer online with my brother who is using a standard PS4 and he's had the game crash a few times whereas mine has never crashed. Dunno if that means anything.

I've been playing at the lower speed classes still, getting used to the tracks in all layouts. Took me a little while to figure out how to unlock the alternate team liveries because you actually need to read the team goals carefully to see what the requirements are for reaching certain goals ha. I'm also trying to mix and match loadouts for specific event types to learn what is best. Fun game, definitely. I also jumped back into Omega for fun. :cool:

Nothing! Please someone recomend a good single player hidden gem to get me through lockdown!

Well I’ve started another playthrough with Skyrim. This time on the Switch. And although this is the 4th time I started a new character, I still find new places and quests to do!

I adore Rain World (PC, PS4, Switch). It's an unforgiving but fascinating 2D platformer in a dynamic post-apocalyptic urban jungle of AI-driven predators and prey. You are prey. There is plenty to do beyond the initial 20-hour-ish run through the main character's story.

I recently just managed to complete one of the hard-difficulty character's major goals; I doubt I'm skilled enough to finish the game with him (without a mod on PC). It remains fresh after 100+ hours between my double-dip on Switch and then Steam, and it's not an idle time-sink like an RPG!

Outer Wilds (PC, PS4, XBone) is also really neat. It's a cozy first-person space-simulator-slash-adventure-puzzle game, in which you unravel a mystery across an intricately simulated micro-scaled solar system. The planets and moons are sparse but appropriately lonely, and while there's no combat, there's plenty of threats. A must-play for fans of astronomy, IMO.

Both are games where you might not want to spoil yourself by checking them out via let's-plays. ;) They're two of my top favorite experiences of the '10s.

Well I’ve started another playthrough with Skyrim. This time on the Switch. And although this is the 4th time I started a new character, I still find new places and quests to do!
Tried to get into skyrim on multiple occasions as the hype is so big but just cant get into that game for some reason. Same with the witcher 3.

I adore Rain World (PC, PS4, Switch). It's an unforgiving but fascinating 2D platformer in a dynamic post-apocalyptic urban jungle of AI-driven predators and prey. You are prey. There is plenty to do beyond the initial 20-hour-ish run through the main character's story.

I recently just managed to complete one of the hard-difficulty character's major goals; I doubt I'm skilled enough to finish the game with him (without a mod on PC). It remains fresh after 100+ hours between my double-dip on Switch and then Steam, and it's not an idle time-sink like an RPG!

Outer Wilds (PC, PS4, XBone) is also really neat. It's a cozy first-person space-simulator-slash-adventure-puzzle game, in which you unravel a mystery across an intricately simulated micro-scaled solar system. The planets and moons are sparse but appropriately lonely, and while there's no combat, there's plenty of threats. A must-play for fans of astronomy, IMO.

Both are games where you might not want to spoil yourself by checking them out via let's-plays. ;) They're two of my top favorite experiences of the '10s.

Thanks for the tips, outer wilds certainly looks interesting, never heard of it before, think I will be checking this one out

Jumped back on Snowrunner for the first time in a couple of months. It took me just over 2hrs to complete three contracts. :lol: Forgot how frustratingly enjoyable it is.

Also, a great game to play while catching up on podcasts.

I've been getting into dying light, pretty cool 1st person melee combat and parkour.
Scavenging and survival on hard is pretty intense.

Last edited:
I've just got a budget gaming PC for the step son to play his train sims, but a side benefit of getting one with 8GB of Ram and a 4GB GTX1050 is that I can play Beam NG Drive.

I've wanted to play this for the longest time, so I just need the gaming controller to turn up tomorrow so I can dive in. I loaded it up and ran it a little with the keyboard, just to check it out.

The nerd in me loves all the trim levels of the generic cars!

Anyone tried Narcos and think there's still some fun in it? I'd be interested in it, it's on discount on psn but seems so low rated and basic for a turnbased style game.

Back