What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Just got Stray, really good so far, I'm playing it at 30fps and at 80% resolution scale and it still looks great on the Deck. I was pretty much sold on it the minute I saw it but waited for some reviews to confirm that it isn't terrible!

Just got Stray, really good so far, I'm playing it at 30fps and at 80% resolution scale and it still looks great on the Deck. I was pretty much sold on it the minute I saw it but waited for some reviews to confirm that it isn't terrible!
I picked it up yesterday for PS5 too.

So far it’s been entertaining but a little frustrating with the game mechanics. Would have been much better if it was in vein of a more traditional platformer to get around.

I picked it up yesterday for PS5 too.

So far it’s been entertaining but a little frustrating with the game mechanics. Would have been much better if it was in vein of a more traditional platformer to get around.
It has cats in it, my cats love watching me play it, therefore it's the best game of the year.

F1 '22, Hot Wheels unleashed and Forza Horizon 5 are currently getting my play time.

I did start guardians of the galaxy on gamepass but it kind got old after a couple hours.

Got sucked back into Ace Combat 7 following a viewing of Top Gun Maverick. It’s the only game I’ve played for a week now.

Not only did I play it again, I bought all of the DLC, every new fighter, every new mission. So I’ve been playing through the bonus DLC missions as well. They are actually quite challenging, especially the first one where you attack the Alicorn at Artiglio Port. But it’s a really fun mission.

All of the DLC planes have really fun weapons too that aren’t in the base game. Like the Nosferatu for example somehow has a vertical-launch missile system on it that’s stupidly overpowered but really satisfying to use. Not to mention the railgun that one-shots everything.

So yeah Ace Combat 7, I didn’t realize how much I missed the game. I still wish there was more content though. I think the Top Gun Maverick pack should have come with a recreation of the final mission from that movie at least.

Currently playing Stray, very impressed with the graphics, sound and atmosphere.

Hoping however I have left to play is a good as what I have played so far, definately lives up to the hype for me so far.

It has cats in it, my cats love watching me play it, therefore it's the best game of the year.
My cat likes watching me play it. I am pleasantly surprised by the game, too, it really is one of my favorite games this year.

stray.jpg

Last edited:
Recently purchased and imported D1GP for the PS2 (the US version) to take a break from TXR3.

Sadly, the game is pretty damn terrible when you're doing anything but drifting solo. The physics are questionable (as it is with most GRP games) but it's still rather easy to get accustomed to. Also, the framerate is far too choppy at times.

So, now I'm back on TXR3 and currently working towards an engine swap for my S14.

I've also just put an order on Racing Battle: C1 Grand Prix (import from Japan) which should be here in a couple of weeks. Another game on my bucket list and a game that I could've died for during my teenage days. Damn you, region lock.

Last edited:
Got wrc9 as can be seen with my ramblings all over the forum here lol. 1st wrc Kt game that i can say im loving the feel, most sounds, physics, most cars.

Also just got Kerbal space program, such cool interesting game for whoever likes space exploration, thinkering with physics and craft designs.
Was only 13$cad on ps store for ps4 for base game. There's 2 cool dlc too, groung expansion for more thinkering with movable joints etc, you can make ground vehicles too, etc.

And a history dlc, of famous missions to try replicate.
A sequel is in dev, looks superb in videos, much more realistic or cinematic looking.

Last edited:
Stray. First play through i missed a bunch of stuff, so I started another save. Just finished that one with 21 of 25 trophies completed. Going to attempt the speed run on the next try so I can get that trophy too. The "Can't Cat-ch Me" trophy is a bit frustrating...

Overall its great, looking forward to a follow-up.

Last edited:
Technically not playing it but wish I was! Was at a local Sunday market to check out what people were selling (and grab a hot jam donut or two) and stumbled across a copy of V8 Supercar Race: Driver (otherwise known as TOCA Race: Driver) for the original Xbox for the princely sum of a $1.50. Unfortunately none of the three TOCA games are backwards compatible so I can't play this on the 360. I was standing at the stall with the owner looking on whilst I furiously googled the BC list. Wasn't to be but for less then two dollars I'm gonna regret passing on this so brought it anyway.

Looks like i'm buying an OG Xbox then :lol:

Last edited:
Technically not playing it but wish I was! Was at a local Sunday market to check out what people were selling (and grab a hot jam donut or two) and stumbled across a copy of V8 Supercar Race: Driver (otherwise known as TOCA Race: Driver) for the original Xbox for the princely sum of a $1.50. Unfortunately none of the three TOCA games are backwards compatible so I can't play this on the 360. I was standing at the stall with the owner looking on whilst I furiously googled the BC list. Wasn't to be but for less then two dollars I'm gonna regret passing on this so brought it anyway.

Looks like i'm buying an OG Xbox then :lol:
And a nice CRT to go with it ? :)

Gran Turismo 4, decided to do a proper playthrough after 12-14 years but this time without heavily relying on B-Spec mode like what i used to do back then (some endurance races and 1000 miles championship aside).

Last edited:
PUBG

I stopped playing for a few years but this is the OG battle royale for me. It’s a shame first person perspective lobbies are so hard to find on console but it’s still better than Warzone right now.

I’m still working on Elden Ring as well, but I’m taking my time with that game, there is so much to take in. It really is a masterpiece.

Last edited:
I have Ratchet & Clank Pacific Rift lying around for a month now and played just for 1 hour as i come back to GT7 every day! :-)

I've started and I'm still playing:

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Have just 5 hours into the original ME, but I can see what the fuss is all about. This will be huge.
Good thing it was added to Game Pass. This is my first experience in Mass Effect and I predict I'll be putting many, many hours into it.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
Been playing this, on and off, co-op with my daughter. Fun brawler and fun partner. She really enjoys being April O'Neil.
Since my last post, I've we've finished Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge. My daughter has become a fan!

I've also started:

Matchpoint - Tennis Championships
I missed a tennis game and have been pretty addicted to this. Awful graphics but nice, rewarding control system.

PowerWash Simulator
It's the game of the moment right now, for Game Pass users. :lol:
I've completed a couple of levels but honestly, I don't think I'll keep going much longer. Some areas are just too big, in my opinion.

My main game, though, is still Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. Almost 20 hours in, I'm still in Mass Effect 1.

Yep, completed Stray. I was craving another decent story driven game so I picked up Horizon - Forbidden West.

So far it looks lovely. I’m playing in performance mode as the higher FPS is more preferable to the extra bit of spit and polish graphics wise.

Finished Stray a few nights ago - loved it - then quickly played a few endings of Bloody Service, which was astonishingly dark, but am at a bit of a loose end now and not sure what to play next. I've started They Always Run (fine but a bit hard), Death & Taxes (about a third of the way in and I'm not sure where it's going) and art of rally (there's a 222d in it!), I don't like playing more than one game at a time but I think art of rally is one of those games you can just play alongside other things, while Death & Taxes and They Always Run are probably games I'd bounce off of if I tried to solely play them to completion.

Been playing Project Gotham Racing lately since I got it recently for very cheap, but I kind of want to get back to Nerf Arena Blast with some mods installed. I have slowed down a bit since I have other priorities though.

Been playing Project Gotham Racing lately since I got it recently for very cheap, but I kind of want to get back to Nerf Arena Blast with some mods installed. I have slowed down a bit since I have other priorities though.

...You want to get back to Nerf Arena Blast instead of playing the original PGR? You understand that inappropriate behavior is an AUP violation, right? :lol:

...You want to get back to Nerf Arena Blast instead of playing the original PGR? You understand that inappropriate behavior is an AUP violation, right? :lol:
Maybe! :sly:

I must say, I got quite a kick from Nerf Arena Blast before I went on vacation and I could play it for a long time, especially with mods. At the same time though, PGR seems to only get better the longer I play it and in time, it might become one of the best racing games I have played in recent years. So I don’t want to sleep on that game either. 🤷

Last edited:
Back