What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
I decided to play Burnout Revenge through backward compatibility, but wasn't really feeling it for some reason. I booted up good ol' Burnout Paradise instead, and I was right back in my happy place again. Oh won't you please take me home, indeed.

I ended up buying the remastered version of it. Very pleased with it since it includes all the DLCs, which all released when I still needed to ask my parents to buy me games. I'm especially happy with all the Big Surf Island content which (if I remember correctly) wasn't even available on PC version to begin with.

I decided to play Burnout Revenge through backward compatibility, but wasn't really feeling it for some reason. I booted up good ol' Burnout Paradise instead, and I was right back in my happy place again. Oh won't you please take me home, indeed.

I ended up buying the remastered version of it. Very pleased with it since it includes all the DLCs, which all released when I still needed to ask my parents to buy me games. I'm especially happy with all the Big Surf Island content which (if I remember correctly) wasn't even available on PC version to begin with.

At least the grass is green (unlike England and most of Europe).
And the girl's are still pretty 😂

PS5: Horizon Forbidden West

Just finished HZD and was absolutely astonished by the work Guerilla put in on the voice acting and facial animation etc. for HFW, great improvements overall.
Few minor nitpicks as:
The lack of a compare feature in the inventory and the climbing works against my inputs more often than not.
Besides that thoroughly enjoying HFW at the moment.

I recently got hooked on the Fortnite. Uh oh.

Single player games? I bought Cult of the Lamb recently which has been good. And still going through the races in Grid Legends.

I'm inviting the devil back into my home

FaXhevWWAAUDori.jpg

I liked that game at the start, but now it's gone free-to-play, battle pass, micro-transaction nastiness.
Yeah Fezzik, I’ve been deleting games with battle passes and MTs so quickly. The new MultiVersus game is my jam because of quick matches and characters but the battle pass stuff is turning me off.

I've got such a backlog, buy games on digital sale and then don't play them, plus Gamepass streaming and PS Plus subs.

God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, GotG, RDR2, Elden Ring, Kena, HZD, FF7R, Witcher 3, South Park: TFBW - so many games that I've started and not gone back to. There isn't enough time in the universe to play them all.

Will probably just go back to WWE 2K22 and my 90s WWF/WCW crossover universe.

I liked that game at the start, but now it's gone free-to-play, battle pass, micro-transaction nastiness.
I think I got it for free originally a year or so ago, I can't recall how though, if it's still that brutally cruel gameplay I can forgive some errors though :lol:

When it comes to online games:
  • I have been playing quite a bit of runescape, since it's double xp event time. Y'all can add me on there if you play - BennyNdaJetz is my username.
  • I hop on Forza Horizon 4/5 when I have the time

As for offline:
  • Gran Turismo 1, 2, 3 - I take a few hours a week to revisit these when I can as they will always be my favorite games. Gran Turismo walked so Forza could run.
  • NHL 13 - This was and will always be my favorite ea sports hockey title other than 06. Used to play it a ton as a teen, now I like to play be-a-gm mode and look back at all the hockey players the devs thought would become big stars that didn't. Lets me play out what-if scenarios.

Just finished A plague Tale Innocence from Gamepass. I normally do not like games with stealth, but this one was stealth lite I would say. Really captured my interest and I played straight though it. Now looking forward to Requiem.

Currently playing Luigi's Mansion 3 from our Switch backlog and the new Mario Kart 8 tracks on the side.
Both are great fun but man, I am no longer competitive in Mario Kart online.. they are kicking my butt.

The best game that I downloaded this month was the Tony Hawk Pro-skater 1 and 2. Cool you get to choose the parks you skate at and you can create/customize your own parks/worlds. And you get to choose a wide variety of boards, clothes, and things to help improve your skateboarding skills. I'd rate it 9/10. Plus the graphics look so real and colorful!

Spending some time with Xenia x360 emulator:
  • FM4 playable with annoying lighting bugs in vanila mode. Great campaing and selection of cars.
  • Midnight Club LA playable with minor reflections bugs in 1440p@60fps. Awersome.

Currently trying to start PGR4.
P.S
PGR4 playable in 720p with Febuary build, 1440/4k not working.

Last edited:
Two older games are ones I have been playing lately, only because I am experiencing certain packs that enhance their graphics and offer 3D models.

I been trying the High Resolution Pack for Duke Nukem 3D. I had to use a certain launcher to make the HRP work. I finally found out how to get it to work. The good thing is that the package allows for higher resolution material and turn some of the sprites into fancy 3D models. I haven't played any other PC game longer than Duke Nukem 3D, give or take 25 years worth playing and enjoying.

For the same reasons, I've gotten back into (classic) DOOM series (DOOM and DOOM2). However, I haven't yet gotten any 3D meshes or high resolution material to work. I don't think I even have anything to even replace the standard material. I am simply playing right now to see how an enhanced game would look and feel.

I am open to modding both entries, especially using either or both to test ideas for making 3D game assets.

I haven't played much as I've been away on vacation, but since my last post:

Mass Effect 1
I've finished the game and I'm looking forward to the remaining ones, but for now decided to take a break and play other things.
Yih9o8u.jpg

Inside
Somehow, I never got around to playing this before, but as soon as I saw it had (re)entered Game Pass, I grabbed the opportunity to do so. Good thing I did. Very nice little game, clever puzzles.
epjj4yn.jpg

What Remains of Edith Finch
Decided to play this game once again because a) it will be leaving Game Pass soon and b) it received a next-gen update, just a few days ago.
Still probably the best narrative-driven game I've ever played. Love the story and love the atmosphere. The update looks and runs fantastic as well (on the Series X) with the new patch.
If you have the opportunity to play this game, just do it. 3 hours is enough to finish it and the experience is very rewarding.
Well worth replaying as well.
npshIFW.jpg

VFT5jN8.jpg

BwVTbx1.jpg

Last, but not least, I've started The Forgotten City yesterday. Still a bit lost and overwhelmed, but from all I've read it will turn out to be a nice experience.

@35mm Edith Finch is still one of the best games I've ever played, one of a few I wish I could play for the first time again. It's on my list of games to introduce my son to when he's old enough because there's also a lot of enjoyment to be found in introducing other people to something you love (like when I took my brother to see 2001: A Space Odyssey when it was in cinemas a few years back).

Inside was also great, I must've played it years ago but for whatever reason it pops into my head from time to time.

The best game that I downloaded this month was the Tony Hawk Pro-skater 1 and 2. Cool you get to choose the parks you skate at and you can create/customize your own parks/worlds. And you get to choose a wide variety of boards, clothes, and things to help improve your skateboarding skills. I'd rate it 9/10. Plus the graphics look so real and colorful!
Can you download other people's parks/worlds to skate in?

I'm currently playing Mass Effect 1 legendary edition for the first time ever. Took a while to take off, and I hope the other games have better combat mechanics, but I'm engaged to the story. It has good Babylon 5 vibes.

From Annapurna Interactive I finished two games: The Artful Escape, which is a visual/sound delight, but with rather simplistic rhythm game/platformer mechanics, and the famed What Remains of Edith Finch, which also is strong in the art department, but IMO didn't had any particular resonance for me. Both are one and done experiences.

Elden Ring. I've been off GT Planet for a while now but came to see if there was a sub-forum for Elden Ring (PS4)

Elden Ring again. This game is mindblowingly cool. Love it to bits.
You can say that again. Would you believe I hated it in the earlies but got to love it as I levelled up. Addicted now.
As I said in a previous comment on this thread just now I haven't been on GT Planet for quite a while though I was one of the regulars. Just thought I'd check to see if there was an Elden Ring sub-forum for Elden Ring (PS4) since I know the sire also supported other games. Did a search but found no sub-forum.

Beat FarCry6 and God of war '18.

Farcry is decent, but not great. GoW is great story wise, but gameplay is awfull. Such a shame, previous were gems.

Since my last update I've finished art of rally's career mode and, as I predicted, I've kept it installed but haven't played it since I finished it.

Since then I've played a few endings of Late Shift, which is amusing but too samey for me to bother with all the endings, a bit more of They Always Run but I'm still not enjoying it very much, I'm just playing for the story now and it's getting irritating. I've also picked up The Last Campfire (finished it too - it was actually really good despite my lack of enthusiasm at the beginning) and 20 Minutes Till Dawn.

Looks like I've abandoned Sonic Adventure, again... I tried playing as Big but the clunky fishing controls put me waaay off playing any more. So I'm like 40% done with Sonic, 100% done with Tails and 100,000% done with the whole game - I don't think I ever finished it on my Dreamcast either.

Back