What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Just finished One Dreamer, it was pretty good but the story was a little odd in its delivery and I'm not sure the choice to use like two voice actors was a good one for a game where (I think) 2-3 characters all looked the same, I had no idea who was who and none of the emotional moments landed as a result. Still though, it was packed with nice details (like how your character turns smoothly instead of just flipping to face the other direction like many other pixel art side scrollers) and it has a good core.

No idea what to play next but I guess it has to be either Armoured Core or Stray. Or Sonic Adventure DX... Or one of the other games I've started and not finished.

Or Hades? I dunno.

Edit: it's Armoured Core, of course!

Last edited:
Decided to give Gran Turismo 3 another go and start a new save game on it for the first time in about 15 years. I want to give this game the chance it rightfully deserves since I never really did that in my youth due to using cheat discs from the start and the fact GT4 exists, but that changes now! ✊

I kind of been playing Moto Racer 3 lately. I started unlocking some stuff and even trying the different modes. Moto Racer 3 is very devoid of the wild action from Moto Racer 1 and Moto Racer 2. However, I do give it some credit in trying some newer stuff. I still prefer Moto Racer 2. Some even think Moto Racer 3 is where the series' magic started to decline. I'm probably sure people would want to play the second game more than the third Moto Racer or especially even Moto Racer 4.

Finished Armoured Core, even after a string of emulator FUBARs - it crashed on the last mission, then when I reloaded it I accidentally pressed the "load state" hotkey of select + L1 (which was rebound to left stick left and my thumb knocked the stick left as I reached for the select button) and it went back about 15 missions. I somehow managed to do it again a few times on my way back to the last mission, then I decided to change the hotkey to make sure I couldn't do it again... In the process I discovered there are options to undo state saves and loads, so I could've just done that in the first place! Now I need to work out how to transfer my save to Project Phantasma.

Anyway, aside from the controls, camera and terrible final mission I still believe it has aged quite well for a game from 1997, it was one of those games that didn't massively overreach what the PSX could do graphically and I mean, I'm not saying it looks amazing but it works, especially on a small screen like the Deck's.

* Snowrunner - picked this up again after 2 years not playing (I stranded in the Drowned Lands in Taymyr summer 2020). And I’m completely hooked again. This is now my main game probably for a big chunk of the rest of the year since I still have Taymyr and all the DLC to chew through.

• FH5 - just doing a little bit of festival grinding each week to get the new cars.
  • GT7 - just 1 daily Sardegna race to get my daily gambling ticket and about 700K credits.
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed - doing this battle pass thingy if there is one active (currently not the case).

Death stranding is next.
This one is huge. Best cinematography in games, mindbending story (I didn't understand wtf happen), interesting characters, well designed gameplay loop, great visuals. Horrible interface and controls, cut scenes up to 2hrs, cringe.

Can say its best PlayStation 4 game so far in my playlog. Already started Deathloop via gamepass.

IIRC, I played all main AAA titles from past gen. Definitely, CDPR own it with Witcher 3. Cyberpunk, FHorizon 3/4 and RDR2 share second place.

Horrible interface and controls
Really? I thought Death Stranding was actually OK in this regard, although it took me a minute to understand how the cargo menu works. I quite liked the controls!

I transferred my AC save to Project Phantasma, it very much feels like cheating but at the same time I regret not being so bad as to unlock the Human Plus upgrades because it pretty much precludes me using any back weapon that requires you to kneel, and so many high level arena bosses use moonlight blade waves which are stupidly OP. Speaking of, I've decided to do the arena first and missions after because I hear the final item you get from the arena is the best gun in the series so it doesn't make much sense to me to unlock it when there's nothing left to play. The few missions I've done kind of feel like an OK mod of AC, as do the new items because of their different, slightly more detailed look. Overall it's fine but the original game is better IMO. I wonder if I'd feel differently if I wasn't very overpowered and in possession of all the money I'll ever need (in the game)?

Last edited:
I thought Death Stranding was actually OK in this regard
Too many button smashes to do simple action. Too many different symbols, bars and info in places where I dont need it. My guess, its part of Japan game design school.

Already started Deathloop via gamepass.
So far - not impressive.

Also playing CoD: Infinite warfare and Kena. Both is quite impressive as cinematic experiences. Infinite warfare is feels like The Expanse adaptation and Kena feels like DreamWorks animation in game form.

Last edited:
Currently playing F1 22 mostly on PC, but have gone back and been playing a bit of The Division 1 aswell. Still a great game after all these years.

Rimworld on PC and Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox. I haven't really even played anything else than these two in the past year or so. I did give Elden Ring a try but didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the Souls games, so I quickly gave up on it.

I finished Bright Memory Infinite
in roughly two hours, so it's not really infinite
As a graphics/sound demo for the Series X is rather good, but otherwise feels like an incomplete game, with dated design, shallow characters, and non-sensical, underdeveloped story. That being said, there is fun to be had and the game is relatively not expensive.

Last edited:
I have pretty much gone back into two classic PC titles- Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold and Blake Stone: Planet Strike. I completed both games; but maybe because of GOG and its cloud save stuff, my previous old saves were gone. So I am re-doing both games. Once I'm done completing both titles, I will re-attempt my ultimate challenge- all total points gained, all Informants alive, and all enemies defeated... and all on the hardest difficulty.

I have also cleared some space in my room to maybe go play my PlayStation 2 or PlayStation 3 again. So I may think about going back to some of my older PS2 or PS3 (or even PS1) games again. For now, though, just staying in my semi-retired gaming state.

Got a bit bored of Project Phantasma so that's on hold in favour of Exo One, which is sort of reminiscent of an explore 'em up like Journey or Abzu, except the gameplay is better and the story is delivered in a less interesting way (cutscenes, though still quite mysterious ones, rather than in-game). Work has really picked up recently though so I'm too tired most of the time to really get into anything, and a few YouTubers I follow are putting out good stuff so I'm even spending my train journeys in the morning watching rather than playing, but hey, it's all entertainment so as long as I'm entertained I don't really care.

Have had FIFA 23 on since release though trying to get something resembling a realistic football match out of it is proving a challenge.

But that was predictable anyway. The added bells and whistles are pretty cool this year and on PS5 it looks good most of the time but man does everyone move like the road runner :lol:

Finding defending very difficult, I get they have wanted to make it more involved but the AI marking is awful and if you have one guy left free they're going to make the pass 99/100 and score. Hopefully this will be tweaked in a patch since it's very frustrating at the moment.

Have had FIFA 23 on since release though trying to get something resembling a realistic football match out of it is proving a challenge.

But that was predictable anyway. The added bells and whistles are pretty cool this year and on PS5 it looks good most of the time but man does everyone move like the road runner :lol:

Finding defending very difficult, I get they have wanted to make it more involved but the AI marking is awful and if you have one guy left free they're going to make the pass 99/100 and score. Hopefully this will be tweaked in a patch since it's very frustrating at the moment.
I’ve been wanting to get fifa 23 but I never get the difficulty settings right… lol. I want a challenge but I also don’t want to score too much. I want a good game.

Finished Exo One, not really sure what to make of it, it was very pretty and mysterious but not the most engaging game ever. At only a couple of hours long it didn't outstay its welcome, though, so I guess that's OK?

I ended last night by attempting to play Forza Horizon 5 but I just can't make myself care about it, which is kind of odd because I loved FH4 and played it to death and beyond. It doesn't help that even with every setting at its lowest (including dynamic resolution scaling set to "performance", which makes it look like a PSP game) it can't hold a stable 40fps on my Deck, so I uninstalled it and replaced it with NFS Heat, Earth Defence Force 4.1 and Generation Zero... On top of 130 other games I haven't played yet.

Finally, a confession: I've been playing Lego Marvel Superheroes. It's a kid's game through and through and I really can't make myself care about it.

Ride 4 PS5 and meh i had to double check to see it wasn't my ps4 pro i was playing. :boggled:

Maybe im just expecting to much and so i get disappointed easy.

Ride 4 PS5 and meh i had to double check to see it wasn't my ps4 pro i was playing. :boggled:

Maybe im just expecting to much and so i get disappointed easy.
You just described my experience trying out GT7 the other day.

The only difference is that it was already what I was expecting. Still disappointing, though.

You just described my experience trying out GT7 the other day.

The only difference is that it was already what I was expecting. Still disappointing, though.
Good thing is at least while its sure isn't a wow graphics wise the rest at least make me feel i didn't waste my money on this version.
The sense of speed and the controller features are awesome.

I've been playing Re-Volt I got from the gog summer sale. For those who doesn't know, it's an RC-car-based pseudo kart racer that kinda got lost in the shuffle during the N64 kart racer boom. It's known for notoriously finicky physics, and it's a game that 5-years-old me could never get good at. Decade of racing game experience hasn't made it any easier.

I was surprised to see just how much of the game I still remember, though. All the little shortcuts that doesn't cut any times at all, all the trackside details that I used to stop my car to admire, and even all the cars and their own unique handling characteristics, too. It's a game that manages to charm even after all these years.

I've been playing Re-Volt I got from the gog summer sale. For those who doesn't know, it's an RC-car-based pseudo kart racer that kinda got lost in the shuffle during the N64 kart racer boom. It's known for notoriously finicky physics, and it's a game that 5-years-old me could never get good at. Decade of racing game experience hasn't made it any easier.

I was surprised to see just how much of the game I still remember, though. All the little shortcuts that doesn't cut any times at all, all the trackside details that I used to stop my car to admire, and even all the cars and their own unique handling characteristics, too. It's a game that manages to charm even after all these years.

I remember playing this to completion on the Dreamcast, I liked it, good fun and fairly challenging.

Last edited:
Back