What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
...Very disappointing game and not without a bunch of technical problems either. I'm on the Brink of just throwing it into my pile of shame and not giving it a second thought ever again...

Bethesda shooters FTW! :lol:

Anyway, I'm pretty much only playing Forza 4 at the moment. Have been playing some CoD 4 recently though, and some Black Ops zombies. 👍

Bethesda shooters FTW! :lol:

iseewhatyoudidtheresupe.jpg

:lol:

Rented BF3 last night for the 360 and played through several levels after I first had to install a graphics update. haha I just passed the level where you shoot 3 Javelin missiles to take out the tanks. So far the games seems pretty good but nowhere near as good as I expected. I am guessing all the videos they were showing were on the PC for sure. This game looks great but not the best looking game on the 360. Sounds like if you are a fan of BF then you should get it for the PC because thats obviously where this game shines. The flying mission bored me out of my mind. The mission was probably about 20 minutes long with maybe 4 minutes of killing enemies. And as mentioned before there is nowhere near the amount of destruction that they claimed. They said everything could be destroyed and that is not true at all.
As expected I am unable to play online co-op or online multiplayer because of the stupid EA online pass. Oh well.

While I was playing BF3 I played Gran Turismo 5 B spec mode on the PS3. Now my driver is level 11 and my driver finished the Beginner series with all gold. I also was gifted the Gran Turismo race car and that thing is sick!!!!

I also rented Metro 2033 and Heather rented Sims Pets. I plan to play Metro 2033 for sure and if I have time check out Sims pets.

I also rented Metro 2033 and Heather rented Sims Pets. I plan to play Metro 2033 for sure and if I have time check out Sims pets.

Metro 2033 is awesome. It's a corridor shooter, but a well paced one that has you on the brink of being out of bullets most of the time. Great atmosphere as well.

Metro 2033 is awesome. It's a corridor shooter, but a well paced one that has you on the brink of being out of bullets most of the time. Great atmosphere as well.
I have been trying to rent Metro 2033 for a LONG time but my local rental store NEVER had the game. I finally found 1 copy last night. Looking forward to playing it this weekend. I still have about 15 other games I need to rent. Just getting backlogged like crazy again. I still need to rent games from 2007 that like Timeshift and Section 8 along with many others. :lol:

I played through about a third of that game. I made the mistake of playing it on the hardest setting right out of the gate. One of the toughest shooters I've played. Takes quite a lot of strategy with the ammo issue. I avoid using the good ammo at all costs. Need to reinstall that game and finish it up at some point. Theres always a lot going on with the lack of ammo, using the gas masks/filters, charging the flashlight... some really cool mechanics that make a great challenge.

Currently playing New Vegas, seem to be running out of bullets right now for all my favourite weapons... I have over 1000 10mm bullets though :grumpy:

Played throught the Battlefield 3 campaign. As a fan of the BF games I found this campaign to be very disappointing. Especially the flying level and the level where we were on defense in the little mall room. My partner did not help at all. Just sat there like a bullet sponge.

Played a lot of Forza 4. Climbed higher on my FL in almost every drift event in Rivals mode. Then made a few more gains in other rival modes.

Tried to play Metro 2033 but something was wrong with the disk I rented. When I brought it back they said that they had reported issues with that disk. It was the only one they had so it looks like I still wont be able to play that game.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 2, Minecraft, Portal 2, Gran Turismo 5, and Shift 2.

Portal 2?? Wanna do a Co-Op?? Im going nuts trying to find someone that I can do a coop.

Edit: Im trying to get the courage to do the rest of the stupid 9 hr endurance. Half way now but im just getting bored.

Oh yeah that reminds me I also played some more B spec in Gran Turismo 5 this weekend and beat the Miata race in the ameteur series. I could not believe the prize car!!! Bummer it was a standard but wow what a prize car!! My driver is also level 12 now.

Played quite a bit more Gran Turismo 5 B spec. My driver is now level 14. I usually multi task GT5 b spec with something on the 360.

I also played some more Half Life 2 on the 360 and unlocked the Barnicle bowling achievement.

Played F4 and unlocked another car in the Autovista.

Hopefully tonight I can rent Uncharted 3.

I play Origin :)

Fantastic game! The story is pretty disturbing but i guess that's part of the game.

It basically goes out on starting up battlefield 3 for the first time.

None of us have done it yet and the reward is playing BF3 which you pre-ordered obviously.

I sent my wife an e-mail to see if she could go rent Uncharted 3 for me. She replied with "I already did". :)
So I will be playing UC3 tonight for sure. :)

I've been playing Battlefield 3's Server Browser, it's great, you have to click on every single server in the list until you find one that isn't full then click join as quickly as possible. Then you'll usually have a connection error, Origin cloud sync error, being kicked before you've joined or a miscellaneous crash to prevent you from ever actually playing.

Seriously though, BF3. I'm sure I'm progressing quite slowly, but I'm enjoying it.

I put 2 and 1/2 solid hours into Uncharted 3. I am currently on level 8. What an a amazing game. The graphics, gameplay, voice acting, storyline, and puzzles are all top notch as always. Some of the puzzles in this one are very very creative. The use of lighting with the Horse, lion, Pheonix was insanely awesome. Just in general the lighting and use of lighting is the best I have seen in a game. I was also proud that I have not been stuck on a puzzle yet. I had to do some thinking with the puzzle I just mentioned but I had it solved within 5-10 minutes. Always so rewarding solving the puzzles in the UC series. I have also found quite a few hitten treasures. Been taking my time looking around as much as possible and taking in the stunning graphics. The water in this seris is just stunning. Looks so real. Cant wait to get home and put some more time into the campaign.

To wind down from the UC3 excitement I decided to finished up the autovista mode in F4 last night and spent a few minutes taking some pics.

I just picked up Uncharted 3, Batman Arkham City and Battlefield 3 during my work lunch-break. When I get home I'll be playing these.👍

Since I just picked up an Uncharted 3 PS3 Slim bundle (to replace my dead fat) and the Uncharted Dual Pack I've got a lot to keep me busy. Going to be playing Uncharted 1, 2, and 3, NHL 12, and finally can update to GT5 Spec 2. This month absolutely sucks, way too much coming out that I just won't be able to play right away. Skyrim, MW3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, the MGS HD Collection...add to that everything that comes out starting in January and it's going to be a busy 2012.

Well I tried out some DC universe today and it's a fairly cool game so far. Not bad for something that's free.

Still thought basically just Battlefield

-continued from my previous post about Uncharted 3. ***Might contain mild spoilers.***

So far this is easily GOTY 2011. I played Uncharted 3 all night. Now I have 6 total hours into the campaign and I am on level 16. Some of the previous levels reminded me a lot of Assassins Creed. A couple more creative puzzles especially the tomb puzzle using the light and statues. That was quite fun getting the shadows just right. Level 14 the shipyard and 15 the cruise ship level were just insane. The junkyard shipyard started a bit frustrating and I died a lot. But the level after that inside the cruise ship was very rewarding. Especially the "Aquarium" part. Both these levels had very innovative vertical gameplay. Parts of the cruise ship reminded me a lot of Prey. One minute I was on the ceiling, next on the walls, next on the floor. Just so awesome. The graphics in this game are just jaw dropping beautiful. The all around attention to detail especially the water. The most realistic water I have seen in a game. The Uncharted series always did a great job with their water and water effects. The draw distance, voice acting, facial expressions, frame rate, everything is just so crips and clean in this series. Nothing even close on 360. Its going to be tough for any game to try and top U3.

Gran Turismo 5
Thanks to TB for the online auction info yesterday. I was able to buy a Tacoma truck from that online store. Then my B spec driver beat the event on his first try which helped me finish off all the Ameteur events. :D
My driver is level 19 now. Oh and I checked out the B spec season event and made over 100k so that was some nice money for a fairly easy race. :sly:

Alone: BF3 / GT5 / Batman Arkham City (starting tomorrow :D)

with friends: PES12 / Mortal Kombat / GT5 / BF3 (online)

Back