What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,775 comments
It was a bit of a let down, huh? I was bummed it was too short and not a totally faithful remake like RE2 remake was, but having played the RE3 remake again recently, I thought it was a good game in it's own right.

Playing Resident Evil Village now, loving it. It's like RE4 meets RE7 and it's a good time.

Will be playing the Mass Effect Trilogy remake this Friday. I can't wait to play all three games again, graphical upgrade or not. It's been ages since I last played them all.
I really liked the original ME trilogy, so look forward to revisit it once the price drops.
I’m a bit afraid that gameplay will not hold up after more than a decade passed. We’ll see, hopefully it will still be fun.

I really liked the original ME trilogy, so look forward to revisit it once the price drops.
I’m a bit afraid that gameplay will not hold up after more than a decade passed. We’ll see, hopefully it will still be fun.
That's how I feel about the first game in the trilogy, I am not as concerned about 2 and 3. Wondering if a graphical upgrade is enough to not make it feel so aged. Hopefully they revamped the menus and the physics for ME1, but I am not sure they did anything other than updating character models, textures and lighting. We'll see, but I think I will be happy to experience the story and characters again no matter what.

It was a bit of a let down, huh? I was bummed it was too short and not a totally faithful remake like RE2 remake was, but having played the RE3 remake again recently, I thought it was a good game in it's own right.

Playing Resident Evil Village now, loving it. It's like RE4 meets RE7 and it's a good time.

Will be playing the Mass Effect Trilogy remake this Friday. I can't wait to play all three games again, graphical upgrade or not. It's been ages since I last played them all.

Its definitely a good game on its own, that makes it all the worse though as if they put time into it I think it would've been my favorite ever RE game just as the OG 3 still is.

Taking a little break from Bloodborne after beating Rom. Decided to grab Days Gone while it was free on PSN+ last month. Only got around to starting it a few days ago. So far I'm not sure what I'm finding more scary. The zombie hordes or the prospect of my bike running out of fuel.

Also, a little bit of Wreckfest on the side.

In my mind I am playing the next Indycar game developed by Kunoz. God, I would love to see a proper Indycar game. It’s been too long. I played an Indycar game on Ps2 by codemasters, but that featured only ovals. And even longer ago there was Newman-Haas Racing by psygnosis.... man that game was fantastic. And the tracks....

Also playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Feels great to step back into that universe.

The first game's visuals were improved enough for it to feel a little more like 2 and 3. I am about 15 hours in (it rained on Sunday what else was I supposed to do :lol:) and my only complaint is the volume for ME1. The music and speech are very quiet compared to the gunfire sounds. There is an option to lower just the sound effects to more align with the music and dialogue, but obviously that also lowers the sounds of other things like ship noises, the Mako, doors opening/ closing, etc, which are now too quiet. Oh well, at least I don't need to mute it when using a Mass Relay anymore. ;)

Last edited:
After having played MotoGP 20 and Ride 4, I decided to give more bike racing games a shot! To that end, I bought Ride 3 and TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 2 on sale, and gave both of them a go.

From the outset, I really liked the Ride 3. I loved the main menu's design, magazine-inspired career menu UI, and most important of all, collecting bunch of random bikes within the game and reading up on their history and specs. That said, I found the AIs a little too uneven for me to enjoy races in this game. I moved between 60% to 110% in the AI difficulty slider, but I just could not nail down the sweet spot. I still like going through career mode events one by one and unlocking more bikes, but I wish it had more consistent AI to play with.

As for the Ride on the Edge 2, I found it a lot harder to get into, but the career mode was much more interesting/intriguing than the checklist-ey progression of Ride 3. Fortunately, I found racing itself a lot more enjoyable also - they just seem to be robotically following the racing line like coin-op racing game AIs, but at least they are consistent. Snaefell Mountain Course in the game is majestic, but at the same time I felt that there aren't much going for this game other than that one circuit. After going through Junior TT and winning the two-lap time trial on Snaefell course, I find it a little difficult to go back to this game.

Out of these two, I personally enjoyed Ride 3 a bit more since I happen to be a connoisseur of collecting random stuff, but I did find the concept of TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 2 a lot more interesting. I don't think either game is going on my personal top 5 racing games list, but I wouldn't mind putting them as my honorable mention.

Last edited:
Picked up the New Pokemon Snap last week. The original on the N64 was one of my favorites back in the day, and the new one feels very faithful to it. They haven't messed with the formula at all. Great game to relax with. Also finally got around to getting a year's worth of online membership for the Switch. So I downloaded Tetris 99. I'm pretty bad at it but still, it's good fun.

Since (finally, after a month and a half of practically exclusive play) finishing RDR2 two weeks ago, I've played and finished Halo: Combat Evolved via the MCC, about 20 hours of Kerbal Space Program and I'm probably in the second half of Headlander now.

Halo: CE hasn't aged well at all in some respects and has aged very well in others. I won't comment on the graphics because I played with the new visuals, but the level design is a joke; repetitive in the extreme and little more than little boxes connected by corridors with 90-degree bends, I almost gave up on it because of the sheer tedium. The AI is undoubtedly still one of the best I've seen, some of the guns are excellent too (obviously the shotgun, sniper rifle and pistol, the assault rifle felt too weak and inaccurate). The story was fine, not exactly one of the greats but not bad either. I'm sure it was a big deal at the time, I can't remember. I can't say I massively enjoyed it although I remember loving it on the original Xbox. It's the only Halo game I've ever played though so I obviously needed to refresh my memory before getting on with the others.

Headlander is... Decent, so far, but I've heard the second half is pretty weak. It's very much a Double Fine game, which in my experience means a largely OK but very charming and funny game with a strong core concept, stretched maybe a little too far and thin. It's full of innuendos, but somehow they're both a bit blatant and strong yet a child wouldn't pick up on any of them - "suck off that head" is a perfectly innocent instruction when you're using suction device to pull the head off a robot, after all.

Downloaded Rust on ps5, it was surprisingly small in terms of file size. (6.5 gigs)

I have only played a couple of games, which was basically just me running around naked trying to bash people with a rock. The melee is sooo janky because of the latency, they need to do something about this asap.

Today I may actually build something instead of just trolling other players.

Been making use of Game Pass again and enjoying Maneater.

Quite an exciting feeling, becoming an ever more powerful shark. Kudos to the devs for choosing the Bull shark instead of the obvious Great White. The bull is my favourite species, aside from the Mako.

Last edited:
Recently finished:

Xbox Series X
Ace Combat 7
A Plague Tale: Innocence

Currently playing:

Xbox Series X
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

As usual, lots of games "on the side":
Tetris Effect: Connected, Wreckfest, Forza 7, Forza Horizon 4, DiRT 5, FIFA 21, and SnowRunner on the Series X and Assetto Corsa on the PS4.

You know the drill: Crusader Kings 2, A Game of Thrones mod, Crowned Stag start (284 AC) as Bobby B.

Sole major rebellion to date was instigated in 301 AC by Mace Tyrell, who was trying to blunder his way into becoming the designated regent over Bobby B's current wife. I say blunder because he didn't bother marrying his kids off to families of any real power. He's chilling on the Wall now.

Main issue was succession but that's now changed, so I'm watching what Renly Baratheon is doing as he's amassing support to try and formally claim the Iron Throne himself.

Anyway, Bobby B's wives and children as of 307 AC:

1. m. {Cersei Lannister} (l. 266-287 AC, m. 283-death)
    -No children, but she was pregnant by Jaime at the time. Execution for Jaime, trial by combat failure for Cersei

2. m. Alyssa Royce (b. 275 AC, m. 289 AC-present, sole mention in the books is as one of Bronze Yohn's unnamed daughters besides Ysilla)
    -Jocelyn, born 290 AC. Possesses many of the traits that would make them a good ruler, she was raised her entire childhood with the ever-present possibility of being the first woman to officially rule the Seven Kingdoms.

-Alysanne, born 296 AC. Following her sister's path of being a good egg

-{Lyonel}, stillborn 300 AC. Had he lived, the succession issue would've been solved much sooner and without the possibility of legitimizing baseborn sons and a second spat of a Blackfyre-esque series of rebellions

-{Elenei}, lived two days in 302 AC

-Rogar, newborn and new heir to the Iron Throne

-Steffon, twin to Rogar
As I'm also doing the roleplaying of Bobby B as the drunk womanizer he was, there's been a few illegitimate kids, as sorted by mother:

• Wylla, some random girl he met while on a royal progress in the North
    -Desmond Waters, born 298 AC, a squire to Barristan goddamned Selmy of the Kignsguard so he's got a great teacher

• Carolei Waynwood, daughter (in-game, book lore is much less clear) of Anya Waynwood and widow of Stannis the Mannis
    -Amanda Waters, born 299 AC, waiting game to see how she pans out

• Daenerys Targaryen, obvs main book series Daenerys and a prisoner in the Red Keep...but I'll leave the setup at that but suffice to say their kids hate Bobby B
    -Shaena Waters, born 301 AC, jury's still out on her

-Daenora Waters, born 303 AC, see above

• Margaery Tyrell, no real reason for the affair other than her quote-unquote "resemblance" to Lyanna Stark and the game being stupid with marriages by not having her married
    -Quentyn Flowers, born 301 AC, he's apparently a very good looking kid

-Inis Sand, born towards the end of 306 so only a few months old. Might not survive infancy

Last edited:
After an extended break, I picked Breath of the Wild back up. Over the Memorial Day weekend, I focused on finding Korok Seeds and finishing off shrines. I have found something over 200 Korok Seeds and completed 118 shrines. I have also completed the Great Plateau shrines for the EX The Champions' Ballad, along with the shrines for Vah Rudania, but have not beaten Fireblight Ganon just yet. BOTW is such a great game.

After an extended break, I picked Breath of the Wild back up. Over the Memorial Day weekend, I focused on finding Korok Seeds and finishing off shrines. I have found something over 200 Korok Seeds and completed 118 shrines. I have also completed the Great Plateau shrines for the EX The Champions' Ballad, along with the shrines for Vah Rudania, but have not beaten Fireblight Ganon just yet. BOTW is such a great game.

I finished off the last two base game shrines and beat Fireblight Ganon. I have picked up some more Korok Seeds. I need to attempt The Trial of the Sword to get the powered up Master Sword.

Oddworld Soulstorm. Picks up where the second left off, back on PS2. Loved those first two games, and this has not disappointed. On my 3rd play through now.

Currently playing Dynasty Warriors 9, Marvel Lego SuperHeroes ( my children love it) , Astro's Playroom and PC2. I know a lot of folks don't like the dynasty warriors games (especially 9) but enjoy them great time wasters

Got to Mass Effect 3 from the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I beat the first 2 games quicker than I thought I would... suppose that's what happens when you've played them a million times before, but I have only played ME3 once and it's great so far not remembering a thing about the game. Feels fresh.

Destiny 2 on PS5. 60 FPS is nice. 105 Fov is equally nice. I used to be able to switch between D1 and D2 on PS4-Pro without issue but going from 60 to 30 on a PS5 is like horrible. I'm sure I can count the space between the frames at 30 !

Some Elite Dangerous as well - just returned from a 4000 plus light year each way test run with my Dolphin. Planning another test run with my Beluga. Looking to reduce the temperature when scooping. I went on DW2 in the Dolphin before its heat problem was finally fixed. Many heat sinks were used. It is now fixed but I'd like the extra flexibility of the comically over sized, under spec Beluga. Planning on an extended stay out in the black.

Some legendary raids in Pokémon Sword/Shield for a change of pace.

Last edited:
Finished Headlander, which continued to be an OK game in the second half, and moved on to Halo 2. Better than Halo: CE but still not a great game today, it just got a bit boring and the checkpoints were just as bad as in Halo. The story was kind of interesting for what it was but it didn't really grab me at any point, although I must admit the updated cinematics look amazing. It also has one of the best shotguns in videogaming, I probably said that of the first game too but it's true.

I don't have my next game lined up but I don't think it'll be Halo 3 just yet.

Edit: I settled on A Plague Tale: Innocence. The setting is innovative, the game is stressful. I've done the first two chapters so far and I can't tell if it's just a (pretty good) tutorial or if the whole game is a guided experience, frankly it stresses me out enough that I'd like it to remain linear...

Last edited:
Decided to grab Days Gone while it was free on PSN+ last month. Only got around to starting it a few days ago. So far I'm not sure what I'm finding more scary. The zombie hordes or the prospect of my bike running out of fuel.

Jumped back on Days Gone last week after a couple of weeks of not touching it. Now that I'm a bit deeper in, starting to find traveling around and combat a bit easier now I've got a bigger tank for the bike and access to better weapons.

And Tetris 99 as well. Even though I'm not terribly good at it, just can't stay away from it.

I've been playing Hollow Knights through Gamepass in my own time, and... it's kinda meh so far. It feels like I'm just walking and occassionally jumping left and right, killing anything that moves. Granted, I haven't really played the game for long, but I'm just not really excited at the prospect of playing through this oppressive game so that I could unlock standard suite of double-jump wall-jump forward-dash etc. that's in almost every metroidvania games ever made ever.

I saw a lot of people saying it feels like a 2D Dark Souls, and I can imagine people enjoying Hollow Knight in that capacity, but... I don't know. :indiff:

I finished off the last two base game shrines and beat Fireblight Ganon. I have picked up some more Korok Seeds. I need to attempt The Trial of the Sword to get the powered up Master Sword.

I decided to go ahead and fight Calamity Ganon. Since I had finished all of the Divine Beasts and had completely upgraded Ancient Armor, the fight was pretty easy. I have since tentatively started the game over because I had no idea what I was doing most of the first play through and would enjoy playing the game more with possible objectives.

Back