What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
Finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, started Outer Wilds.

It's supposedly a nice little game, but from the half hour I've played so far, it definitely did not click. I'll persist though.

I decided to go ahead and fight Calamity Ganon. Since I had finished all of the Divine Beasts and had completely upgraded Ancient Armor, the fight was pretty easy. I have since tentatively started the game over because I had no idea what I was doing most of the first play through and would enjoy playing the game more with possible objectives.

I am moving my way around the map trying to get to each tower so the map fills in. I am really enjoying starting BOTW over. Now that I know what I am doing and how to play the game, I can focus on the story and enjoying the ride.

Finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, started Outer Wilds.

It's supposedly a nice little game, but from the half hour I've played so far, it definitely did not click. I'll persist though.

I started Fallen Order, but stopped playing it because I was just not in the gaming mood. I really need to pick it back up, but starting BOTW over is going to make that difficult.

I finished Persona 5 after a bit under 130 hours. It felt a bit drawn out and I just wanted to finish at the end. I'm trying to find another JRPG to play at some point, but a bit shorter. I think I'm settling on Ys VIII. I read good things about FFIV Shadowbringer, but you have to get through the main game and I believe the other expansion pack, so I think that will be a no go.

Currently, I'm playing Crash Bandicoot 4, which I bought during a Black Friday sale.

I started Fallen Order, but stopped playing it because I was just not in the gaming mood. I really need to pick it back up, but starting BOTW over is going to make that difficult.
Fallen Order definitely has its ups and downs - some levels were uninspiring.
But overall I enjoyed the experience and found it varied enough. Gorgeous game, too!

I finished Persona 5 after a bit under 130 hours. It felt a bit drawn out and I just wanted to finish at the end. I'm trying to find another JRPG to play at some point, but a bit shorter.
I loved the Persona 5 experience (finished it a couple of years ago), but, damn, did the game have a couple of palaces too many... Or, at least, they should be much shorter.

I loved the Persona 5 experience (finished it a couple of years ago), but, damn, did the game have a couple of palaces too many... Or, at least, they should be much shorter.
Yeah, it definitely got up there. 8 palaces plus the run-up to last boss fight with the mini-bosses, and there were the paths within mementos which got longer. The last one had 14 areas, which wasn't really needed.

I started Bioshock Infinite a week ago, I think I might be about a quarter of the way through and I just don't feel any desire to play it. It's just so... Bland, I guess, but I had this problem with Bioshock (which I played to the end) and the sequel (which I gave up after literally five minutes) so I'm not exactly surprised. It's going on the shelf, maybe one day I'll work up the enthusiasm for it.

I also restarted Dying Light, which I'd played 20 hours of several years ago, to play through with a friend. Weirdly, for a game so widely praised at least, it's hardly any more fun in co-op than it is playing solo, I mean it's not a bad game but we've found loads of games that are way more fun playing together (Resident Evil 5 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2, for example), Dying Light isn't one of them.

During our last session we talked a bit about Metal Gear Solid 2, so I bought the PC version from GOG when we finished and spent honestly about 3 hours installing it and V's Fix, then configuring it so my controller worked - "out of the box" my options were either to have everything bound but on the wrong buttons (FPV toggle on R3? Please) or have most things bound correctly, except the triggers (which open the inventory) were completely unbound. I used Steam's awesome controller tool to set everything up, but I had to work out what the game's binds even meant to achieve that. I've since played through the tanker several times to hone the controls and make sure everything I might need to do does work, I think the only things I can't do yet are aim an assault rifle without firing and... That might be it, actually.

I started Bioshock Infinite a week ago, I think I might be about a quarter of the way through and I just don't feel any desire to play it. It's just so... Bland, I guess, but I had this problem with Bioshock (which I played to the end) and the sequel (which I gave up after literally five minutes) so I'm not exactly surprised. It's going on the shelf, maybe one day I'll work up the enthusiasm for it.
That's a shame, it's one of my favourite games! The gameplay itself isn't anything to write home about but the story and setting really sucked me in. I'm not sure how well it will have aged though.

As for what I've been playing I started Biomutant last night and it's been a mixed bag so far. The world is beautiful and the combat can be really nice and fluid but the story is very lackluster and I'm not a fan of the way the speech is presented. It feels very slow and cumbersome. I don't think I'll be continuing with it. Luckily I got it for free.

I finished Avengers and two of the kingdoms in Dynasty Warriors 9 so I am going to play Spiderman, Car X drifting, and Project Cars 2. I think I am also got going to start back in Tsushima soon.

Ride 4 has been my standard pick-up-and-play racing game for the past few weeks, and I recently reached the milestone of 100 hours played on that game 👍 I'd like to give MotoGP 21 a try in the near future, but I think I can afford to wait until there are some sale going. Until then, I guess I'll just stick around with Ride 4.

Other than that, I decided to replay Sekiro and also finish off rest of the Resident Evil 2 Remake's story. Turns out I've completely forgotten all enemy patterns in Sekiro and I've completely forgotten the police station's layout in RE2, but I'm still managing to survive on both titles, somehow.

Finally finished Days Gone. Probably went on for a little too long but that's a problem I find most of these big cinematic open world games have. Really enjoyed it otherwise. Great story and good characters.

I've jumped back into Pokemon Snap and some Tetris 99, while catching up on some podcasts in the meantime. Was debating about doing RDR2 for the third time but I really need to finish off Bloodborne and at least start Dark Souls III, at some point. I feel bad because I bought DSIII months ago and still haven't played it. First world problems, eh? :lol:

Last edited:
@Moglet I don't think it's an age thing. Put simply, if BInf had come out before Bioshock and Dishonoured I probably would've enjoyed it a lot more, but as it is I'm playing it expecting and anticipating a big twist to come at any minute (meaning I won't be surprised when it comes and it's unlikely the scale of the twist will blow me away) whilst also wishing the gameplay was more like Dishonoured and less like one of the most boring shooters I've ever played with some dull special abilities. To be fair though even without playing Dishonoured first I had the same complaint about Bioshock's gameplay, I guess the thing is I now know what I wish it was like instead. Hell, I'd even settle for Adam Jensen Deus Ex gameplay with simpler stealth and less entertaining combat than Dishonoured had.

After finishing MGS2's tanker five or six times I decided to give Dirt Rally 2 another shot because I've only played five hours of it. I finished off a RX championship I'd started in the Super 1600 Corsa then did a free play rally in the Citroen DS and thought to myself "Why don't I play this more often? It's great!", then I tried a RX championship in a FIA supercar and lost by a mile, then tried a rally in a RWD car and again completely embarrassed myself. Then I tried an F2 kit car and it was much the same. This is why I don't play Dirt Rally 2 more.

I am moving my way around the map trying to get to each tower so the map fills in. I am really enjoying starting BOTW over. Now that I know what I am doing and how to play the game, I can focus on the story and enjoying the ride.
I have yet to tackle any of the Divine Beasts, but I have visited every tower once and filled in the entire map of Hyrule. I have also managed to visit 40 shrines. I think I am going to start tackling Divine Beasts next. This playthrough has been fantastic.

Finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order...
I started playing it last month. Great looking game and had me quite drawn in at first, but once you realise that you are going to be revisiting the same few locations several times over, instead of new ones, i started to lose interest. The character levelling up is a bit basic too. Got me feeling like it was a less open-world FarCry, but set in the Star Wars universe. I think the main reason i've not gotten around to finishing the last half of the game is probably due to the long loading times when you die and restart and the fact that you then restart a 1/3rd of the way back across the map (whichever planet you are on at the time) and have to retrace your footsteps again just to be beaten once more and within 30 seconds of whichever end of level boss that's blocking your progress. It got tiresome real quick.

I've just downloaded Star Wars: Squadrons from the PSN free monthly games offer, but have yet to try it.

I needed my regular Driveclub-fix so I’ve been at it for the last two weeks or so. Only two more levels to 120 then it’s all about maxing out the accolades.

Next up is F1 2020 (PS4). As much as I love F1, the last one I played was F1 2016 but that game handled like 💩 on the controller and just didn’t have the patience to get grips with it as I’ve turned into a filthy casual over the years.

I decided to give it another shot with F1 2020 while I wait out the 2021 season for the new 2022 regulations. I downloaded the demo to get accustomed to the physics and set up the assist to my liking while I wait for the physical copy to arrive. So far it’s been great and can’t wait to start over from F2 and work my way up to F1.

The top teams are going to have a hard time against Dr Pepper Racing 😅

Last edited:
Metro exodus Enhanced edition on Ps5. Looks absolutely spectacular. Story is a bit cringy sometimes….. Sorry Commander but you’re an idiot….

The world is nice, as are the monsters and the guns have a real weight to them. Must say, that if Fallout 4 had the same quality and world it would be spectacular.

Metro exodus Enhanced edition on Ps5. Looks absolutely spectacular. Story is a bit cringy sometimes….. Sorry Commander but you’re an idiot….

The world is nice, as are the monsters and the guns have a real weight to them. Must say, that if Fallout 4 had the same quality and world it would be spectacular.
I am playing Metro Exodus as well.. a recommendation, switch the audio language to Russian and use the subtitles. It just seems to be more interesting and makes the story seem not so bad haha. Kinda a mind trick that works for some of us.

Finally beat the final boss in Resident Evil Village on hardcore yesterday after taking a month long break.
Barely made it through the fight using all of the healing that I had.
I feel like playing with mouse+keyboard it would have been easier than with the joystick.

Now, back to trying to make it through biome #3 in Returnal.
I really like the game, but it takes (for me at least) an hour to get into the groove of things.
Until then, I keep on making lots of silly mistakes, which eventually results in progress reset.
I know that reset is part of the design of the game, but I wish you had at least an option to restart at the current biome.
Still, very fun game and some cool enemy designs.
I really didn't think I'd like it as much as I do from watching the trailers.
Definitely the biggest surprise for me this year.

For the first time in a few years, I bought some PC games from a brick and mortar store. The newest games to my PC game collection are The SIMS3 and The SIMS 4. These are actually the second and third SIMS games I have. I bought the very first "The SIMS" many moons ago, but never really played it or experienced all of the nuances of it. So I been trying out a number of features to both "The SIMS 3" and currently in tutorial for "The SIMS 4." I am really impressed at how "The SIMS" has overtaken the "SimCity" series in popularity. When I bought "The SIMS 3," it was "The SIMS 3: Starter Pack," and I thought it was going to cost more than it did. My mom covered the purchase of "The SIMS 3" and "The SIMS 4." Once I get into knowing how to make content, I may make my debut as a SIMS Content Creator.

Last edited:
Currently trying to get the platinum trophy for the original Mirror’s Edge on ps3. I’ve played it many times on pc/Origin but I thought “maybe I should have the platinum for one of my favorite games”. Just got the 50 time trial stars (tho I did cheese it a bit using the dlc time trials) and all that’s left is the chapter speed runs, which I’m not looking forward to. While I do really like the game, all the forced combat arenas are complete booty. But I’ll persist.

Also I finally picked up Ridge Racer Type 4. Excited to finally play it after loving the original Ridge Racer since I first got a ps1.

Playing Gran Turismo 4 and F1 2020 currently.

Just started a new 100% playthrough of GT4. I love this game so much, even with the frustrating bits.

Since my last post not even a week ago, I have:
  • Continued a co-op playthrough of Dying Light with my oldest and best friend, we've played 9 hours across the last three Friday nights/Saturday mornings, starting at 10 and going on until we physically can't continue. It's an OK game. It had been years since our last co-op campaign, I'd love to make it a regular thing.
  • Started and finished In Other Waters, which was an excellent anti-Subnautica (although I did enjoy Subnautica) story-centric exploration game. 7 hours and £5.50-ish very well spent, IMO.
  • Started Control and am now 4 hours in, absolutely loving it so far. The gameplay is good and fun if not revolutionary, but the abnormally sky-high production value of everything else is just excellent.
  • Broken my previously strict rule of only playing one story game at a time (I don't count Dying Light because I haven't followed a word of the story due to voice chat) by starting Shadowrun Returns, which was and might still be free on GOG, just to see what it was like. I got sucked into playing it for a couple of hours so now I need to finish Control quickly before I forget everything about it! I'm not usually one for turn based RPGs because I don't want to have to learn stuff but this was quite easy to pick up.

Last edited:
I just finished Outriders, playing solo and as a pyromancer. I had fun almost all the way through and I'm starting a second run with another build (trickster). I love the fast gunplay combined with superpowers and the history, while pulpy, turned out to be quite good and a bonus.
I'm also doing a second run of Immortals Phoenyx Rising in a tougher difficulty and now I'm taking my time to explore every nook and cranny of Greek mythology I can find.

I've been getting into Ghost Recon Wildlands recently. I'm enjoying it. Sneaking around and trying to find weapons/upgrades without getting into firefights is a nice challenge. The setting is pretty spectacular to look at especially when it rains. I find most FPS like Call of Duty to be a bit too fast paced to be enjoyable these days so the whole scoping out a base making a plan of attack and then carrying it out is much more fun for me.

I'm tempted to try Breakpoint but from what I've heard its better to stick with Wildlands.

Still playing Mass Effect 3 (from the Legendary Edition), but I also booted up Mass Effect Andromeda to create a character to play right after ME3. Have not played Andromeda since launch so it should be good.

Started playing Euro Truck Simulator 2, did some multiplayer convoys with mates on the Beta and had a blast. Nothing quite like racing three trucks down a highway at top speed 😆

Trying to play a couple games when I feel in the mood
  • Apex Legends (PS4 + PC)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (PC)
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands (PC - Loved the game and wanted to run it back)

I'm tempted to try Breakpoint but from what I've heard its better to stick with Wildlands.
Somehow I find Breakpoint more enjoyable. Wildlands feels fundamentally broken to me. Future Soldier beats both games, btw.

Yes, my backlog is getting out of hand. Downloaded and started playing today Yakuza Like a Dragon and Greedfall. Two contrasting RPG's styles: Yakuza is turn based and more concerned about moving through the story with long cutscenes, rather than gameplay, at least during the prologue part, while Greedfall is a western action RPG. I look forward to enjoy them both.

Still playing wreckfest probably until September, never enjoyed a game this much that also gave me so much "gamer rage" 🤬

Last edited:
Back