What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
Started back on Spiderman remastered. I played it the first day I got my PS5 but I had played it since. Right now it is part of the rotation along with Jumpforce, Carx drifting and Project Cars 2. Thinking about picking where I left off in Horizon Zero Dawn as well

Still playing wreckfest probably until September, never enjoyed a game this much that also gave me so much "gamer rage" 🤬
I downloaded it on PC from the Game Pass. Still didn't play it though (I mean, I already played the game before, but not now), Forza Horizon 4 has been keeping me busy with it's FOMO based prize system.

Now that there won't be more new content for it, I might rest and play some other games. I just saw the update for Beam.NG Drive, and really liked it. I played for a bit, but before knowing there are new, better looking graphical settings. I just drove the new car on the revamped gridmap for a bit, not to much though because I didn't have enough space to transfer my user folder, so my controller settings didn't transfer. I had to go and manually cut and paste it. Doesn't help that it isn't on My Documents anymore. And that there's no easy way to open the game's launcher (you have to right-click it on Steam, go to "Manage", "Browse local files", and open the game from there) to go to the user folder.

Now that's done, I'mma play it again... after I eat something.

Mario Golf arrived a couple of days ago, so a lot of that. The gameplay is nice. Just wish there were a few more courses though. Hopefully that will be rectified in future updates. And I decided to jump back into Hitman 2 for a little bit, just to muck around and complete some of the escalations missions and challenges that I haven't done yet.

Last edited:
Decided to pick up my Universe mode save in WWE 2K19 again... or at least I will when I figure out where the files with my booking notes are at. I've been running this particular save since the game was first released, and I've changed around so many wrestler gimmicks, tag teams and championship belts in it that putting it aside for just two months has left me unable to remember why I even did most of the stuff I did without all the explanations I wrote down.

I'm sure there's a reason I decided to turn NXT into my own version of Southpaw Regional Wrestling... actually, I already know the answer to that one. It's because I have a stupid sense of humor. 🤪

MXH
I needed my regular Driveclub-fix so I’ve been at it for the last two weeks or so. Only two more levels to 120 then it’s all about maxing out the accolades.

Next up is F1 2020 (PS4). As much as I love F1, the last one I played was F1 2016 but that game handled like 💩 on the controller and just didn’t have the patience to get grips with it as I’ve turned into a filthy casual over the years.

I decided to give it another shot with F1 2020 while I wait out the 2021 season for the new 2022 regulations. I downloaded the demo to get accustomed to the physics and set up the assist to my liking while I wait for the physical copy to arrive. So far it’s been great and can’t wait to start over from F2 and work my way up to F1.

The top teams are going to have a hard time against Dr Pepper Racing 😅
Been playing F1 2020 since monday of this week and I’m having an absolute blast with it trying to build my team up and messing with the classic content. Certainly the best F1 game that I’ve ever played.

With that said I just cannot shake the feeling that this game would be even better with a wheel. It’s really hard being consistent on a controller, especially on tracks such as Monaco or even Hanoi (snooze fest).

Currently actively looking for a playseat and G29 😇

In fears "The SIMS 3" would work better on my PC, I bought "The SIMS 3" and "The SIMS 4" when I really wanted to get "The SIMS 4." However, I been playing more The SIMS 4 than The SIMS 3. "The SIMS 3" seems forever to try to load or do much of anything. Not much in the enjoyment department. "The SIMS 4," meanwhile, can be an absolute joy. You can build up SIMS and make your own properties. As someone looking to be creative, I am considering making clothing for SIMS. I may also use "The SIMS 4" to prototype for making my own original characters. "The SIMS 4" has been around since 2017, and a lot of us still envision what a "The SIMS 5" will be like. Really, though, "The SIMS 4" is a creative game to be fully immersed in.

Doom Eternal. Ps5 installed and ready to play through it all over again. Ray tracing really adds a visual boost and it plays so incredibly smooth.
Really love this game.

Chivalry: Medival Warfare (The original) - Kind of wished I played this game earlier, but really enjoying bot matches with my brother. Something about the voice acting is just hilarious.

Beamng - Recent gridmap update and one new car have been rather fun to play with. Got back into it to mess around.

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (on the original Xbox) - Been wanting to play some couch co-op (or ko-op as MK calls it) again and my brother suggested finding this game. We've been playing through it and find it fairly enjoyable. But there's plenty of things that have aged....oddly.

Downloaded A plague tale: Innocence as part of the PS plus monthly free games, first hour or so I was ready to give it up, slow, boring and awful acting then after that it has clicked and I cant put it down! Haven't been this into a single-player game since the last of us 2!

The young boys voice is very annoying though which is my one down side but if you have a PS5 and ps plus I highly recommend it! The seeting itself is worth a playthrough.

Downloaded A plague tale: Innocence as part of the PS plus monthly free games, first hour or so I was ready to give it up, slow, boring and awful acting then after that it has clicked and I cant put it down! Haven't been this into a single-player game since the last of us 2!

The young boys voice is very annoying though which is my one down side but if you have a PS5 and ps plus I highly recommend it! The seeting itself is worth a playthrough.
It's a great game, I couldn't put it down once it got going, looking for to the sequel.

Somehow I find Breakpoint more enjoyable. Wildlands feels fundamentally broken to me. Future Soldier beats both games, btw.
In what way does Wildlands feel broken to you? I'm semi curious about checking out Breakpoint. I've seen some comparisons and one difference is that the world of Breakpoint seems a lot more empty then its predecessor. And that's a big thing for me. I like to be in a world full of people going about their daily grind (even if they get in the way sometimes). Seems like a lot of drones in Breakpoint also and I don't see the fun in fighting drones versus actual people.

I'm really enjoying Wildlands as I've been ill the last week so I've put more then a few hours into the game. Its a beautiful world with so much variety especially Inca Carmina with its desolate icy steppes. I enjoy unlocking new weapons and then testing them in the next mission I attempt. Is there only one piece of voice dialogue for a bored Santa Blanca guard doing his rounds? Worst karoke ever 😄

In what way does Wildlands feel broken to you? I'm semi curious about checking out Breakpoint. I've seen some comparisons and one difference is that the world of Breakpoint seems a lot more empty then its predecessor. And that's a big thing for me. I like to be in a world full of people going about their daily grind (even if they get in the way sometimes).
Wildlands feels like game which was designed in two phases - landscape design and when map was completed game designers populated it with Ai. Breakpoint feels more artificial, but at same time it feels designed for what it is in collaboration between levedesigners and gamedesigners.

If Wildlands is Farcry 2, then Breakpoint is Farcry 4.

Seems like a lot of drones in Breakpoint also and I don't see the fun in fighting
There are some, but not as many as it looks. Mostly recons and one tank every second base.

PGA Tour 2k21 has been getting a lot of play time recently, nice to have a game that has a full FedEx cup career campaign across multiple seasons, shame there's no licensed majors but it's good no less.

Assassins Creed Valhalla, started the wrath of the druids DLC, still in love with this game, I do still think Odyssey was stronger personally but this is immensely good.

F1 2021, only started today but having put over 300 hours into 2020 I forsee this being a mainstay for the next few months.

I picked up The Crew 2 the other day since it was on sale. I’d always been curious about it but not curious enough to pay full price. I’d have to say for the first couple of hours I wasn’t enjoying it that much to be honest. But then I did the NY hyper car race to San Fran and then it finally clicked. Going on long drives with the ambient station on, blasting through the country side without any real destination has been my go-to for the last day or so. Though I can’t really say the same for the rather aimless “story” the game has. I guess it’s both a good and bad thing.

Last edited:
Got into Mass Effect Andromeda right after the Legendary Edition and I gotta say it is far better than I remember it being. Not sure it can ever be as good as the original trilogy, but it's a good game and a real shame an sequels will likely never happen at this point.

I am still playing "The SIMS 4" mostly. My attention has turned more towards editing clothing for SIMS. I figured a certain flow in becoming a Content Creator (or CC). I will go in this order: edits, mesh edits, and start-to-finish mesh and texture models. I have been trying to come up with a SIM in "The SIMS 4" to be my first true "evil" SIM. Mostly, he's supposed to a Yakuza boss.

Currently playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and it's by far the best in the series for me. I think a lot of people were put off by the hard pivot to the turn based JRPG format, but I felt it suited the game's wacky world really well, and it was a nice change of pace after going through Yakuza 0 all the way to 6 and Judgement. Suites of minigames are great as always, and the ability to take your companion to karaoke party alone makes it 11/10 masterpiece in my view.

Also, I bought Team Sonic Racing over Steam Summer Sale and I've been playing it since. Apparently, it was developed by the different Sumo Digital studio compared to the people who did the All Stars Racing Transformed (which I absolutely adore), and it kind of shows in the small little touches here and there. Regardless, it's a nice kart racer to complement all the serious-er racing games I've been playing for past few months.

Other than that, I've been replaying a fair bit of Dirt 5. Really loving the new Brazil tracks they've added to the game, especially the Brazil Seafront circuit. Gotta say, I still don't think Dirt 5 matches up to the height of Dirt 2 and 3, but I appreciate the continued support Codies has been giving to the game 👍

Last edited:
Also, I bought Team Sonic Racing over Steam Summer Sale and I've been playing it since. Apparently, it was developed by the different Sumo Digital studio compared to the people who did the All Stars Racing Transformed (which I absolutely adore), and it kind of shows in the small little touches here and there. Regardless, it's a nice kart racer to complement all the serious-er racing games I've been playing for past few months.
My only complaint in the game is some of the character roster choices and size. I like that Zavok getting some recognition but Infinite made more sense to be with Eggman. Also little annoyed Cream and the rest of Chaotix didn't make it. Aside from that I have a lot of fun with TSR, the team mechanic is such a great concept and makes multiplayer a lot more dynamic.

Four odd months after buying it .Finally decided to jump into Dark Souls III. I'm taking it really slow. Put close to ten and half hours into so far and I've only got two bosses done. 😂 Do plan on getting back into Bloodborne at some point but I have to say that, I think I prefer DSIII just a little bit more.

After a couple of false starts with it, I've recently really got into No Man's Sky - to the extent that my current save just ticked over the 110 hour mark. I really enjoy alternating between following one of the primary story lines (I'm following the Artemis one at the moment), and just spending time either making money or upgrading my stuff - currently flying around in a nice Exotic ship that will one-shot kill most AI pirates :D.

It's also amazing in VR, they really spent some time getting the motion controller interactions right.

Given where it started (and I'm not for a second excusing the mess that it was at launch), it really is one of the great redemption stories in gaming.

Last edited:
(...) started Outer Wilds.

It's supposedly a nice little game, but from the half hour I've played so far, it definitely did not click. I'll persist though.
Unfortunately, had to give up on Outer Wilds. Kinda bummed about it, since everyone says it's a masterpiece.
I tried a couple of times, but ended up being frustrated and put it aside. In the meantime, it left Game Pass as well so... That's that.

Anyway, started Yakuza 0.
It's my first Yakuza game and, 23 hours in, I'm quite enjoying it - cringeworthy moments and all!

I've been playing... So much, too much lately. Brigador, Disco Elysium and Burnout Paradise Remastered mostly, but I've also dipped into GTA Online, Resident Evil 4 HD, Arma 3, Battlefield 4 and killer7.

Brigador remains one of my favourite indie games of the last decade, it's just so much fun and the lore is so well-written. Stompy mechs, sleek anti-gravs, stout tanks, fragile power armour and yet more in between mean you can play it in so many different ways and the recent update also added the ability to play as infantry too which is just stupid, I love it.

Disco Elysium is great too but the voice acting is a little too soothing (and some of it is awful, but that's a different story), I keep falling asleep while playing it. I'm 20 hours in now and I'm pretty sure I haven't played for longer than 2 hours in a single sitting, I love the dialogue though and I love accidentally stumbling across a great lead or a new case. It also has a tendency to make you regret mocking people, should you decide to do that...

I doubt I need to say much about Burnout Paradise, I started a new game on my brother's Switch last weekend and was one race (the WTR's burning route, actually) away from getting the Elite license when it was time for me to leave, I also got all the billboards, all but two jumps and all but one smash. Not bad going considering I hadn't played it since 2018. I came back to my flat and reinstalled it on my PC, I've got 101% completion but now want to go for 102% (that's completing the original 350 Freeburn challenges), maybe even the P12 Diamond (that's all 500 challenges - the original 350, 70 timed, 70 bike and 10 island challenges) but it seems like multiplayer is a bit dead because no one was joining my game. I did join someone else and after a couple of hours of play we completed maybe three challenges I didn't already have.

It's funny, though. A couple of weeks ago I was happy to just play Disco Elysium and wasn't too enthusiastic about anything else, but something happened and now I just want to play everything. If I think about a game for more than five seconds I'll just really want to play it, and if I think about it for another five seconds I'll just install it. It's fun, but I want to finish Disco Elysium before I forget how it started.

Back