What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Just restarted Witcher 3. I haven’t played it since the last DLC came out. I’ve started a fresh and seeing as I played it on quite a hard difficulty last time, this time I’m playing it on its easy setting just to whizz through and enjoy its story.

Also last time I didn’t complete all the side quests so this time I plan on taking my time to ensure everything but Gwent quests are completed.
While I can't like your post enough - The Witcher 3 is definitely one of the best games I've ever played and I'm planning on doing a second run myself - are you aware that a next-gen patch is on the works for this game, to be released later this year?

I would definitely wait on that.

@sirjim73 Made me chuckle.

@35mm - Yeh I’d seen the patch was coming. However I don’t have a PS5 or PS4 Pro so it wouldn’t make a big difference to me at the moment. Plus it gives me an excuse to do another play through if or when I get a next gen console. I also want to do another play through of Ghost Of Tsushima too but I’ve waited for the PS5 to do that.

@35mm - Yeh I’d seen the patch was coming. However I don’t have a PS5 or PS4 Pro so it wouldn’t make a big difference to me at the moment. Plus it gives me an excuse to do another play through if or when I get a next gen console. I also want to do another play through of Ghost Of Tsushima too but I’ve waited for the PS5 to do that.
Oh! My bad, then. Somehow, I was under the impression that you owned a PS5 already. :dunce:

Finished Okami today. Never thought I'd be bawling my eyes out over a game about cartoon dog, but somehow, Okami managed to pull it off. Katamari Damacy is also done, which means it's back to the regularly scheduled broadcast of bunch of random racing games for now. Well, at least until Psychonauts 2 comes out.

To that end, I bought RIMS Racing and I'm currently playing through its career mode. Although, I haven't played it long enough to form any concrete opinion on it, nor enough to not crash my BMW every other lap. All I can say for now is that I certainly respect developers trying something different.

Oh! My bad, then. Somehow, I was under the impression that you owned a PS5 already. :dunce:
I’ve done what I did with other consoles. I’ve waited till the next GT game. At that point I picked one up.

I don’t get much time to play anymore and it’s possible I may not pick up a PS5 at all.

Well... AC Odyssey had a huge discount and they just patched for 60 fps, so I have started it, and of course Psychonauts 2 was released today, and then the occasional run of Hades, doomed to fail, of course... and no, me and my backlog are no longer on speaking terms...

Still working my way through Dark Souls 3 but I'm going very slowly, to try to avoid getting burnt out on it. Been playing a bit of Tetris 99 and Streets of Rage 4 on the side. Going jump back into Snowrunner as well. Haven't touched that in a few months and I really want to finish off the Yukon map. Just noticed there's a season 2 pass for it now, I'm way behind on this. 😂

Last edited:
While I can't like your post enough - The Witcher 3 is definitely one of the best games I've ever played and I'm planning on doing a second run myself - are you aware that a next-gen patch is on the works for this game, to be released later this year?

I would definitely wait on that.
I've had Witcher 3 for a while now and never progressed much further than the initial tutorial within castle walls. I struggled with trying familiarise myself with another set of 1st person controls whilst still knee deep in RDR2 and Fallout 76 and their different 1st person controls. I keep meaning to give it another shot. Is it a true open world game?

Finished up The Ascent last weekend. Still putting some time into Art of Rally here and there now that the Kenya update is out. Also did a bit of playing around in RDR2 to really test the new GPU but I honestly have a hard time getting into it because it is just too sprawling. I think I need to just do the main story stuff and be done with it.

I'll probably just finish up some other odds and ends in my Steam library before everything starts dropping this fall/winter. FH5, Battlefield, AoE4, Halo all within a few months.

I've had Witcher 3 for a while now and never progressed much further than the initial tutorial within castle walls. I struggled with trying familiarise myself with another set of 1st person controls whilst still knee deep in RDR2 and Fallout 76 and their different 1st person controls. I keep meaning to give it another shot. Is it a true open world game?
I'd say it is, yes.
I mean, I have never played a RDR or Fallout game before (yes, really), but from my experience, it is as open world as it gets.

Whatever the case, The Witcher 3 is a very special experience; one which I reckon deserves every gamer investing their time in.

Actually is an awesome card game that for some reason has a open world action RPG mode that is kinda great too! :D Now seriously, the Witcher 3 is one of the best games out there and the control scheme is not that hard, but it would be wise to clear some backlog because it is huge, even if you only do the main quest.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey feels so nice to play on the PS5 after the 60fps patch so I'm continuing with that. I'm playing Hades and Flight Sim on my Series X every now and then but I want to finish Assassin's Creed before putting more time into either of those.

Last edited:
Finished Jalopy last night, it was far better than I was expecting after it was unfavourably compared to My Summer Car. It had a good story and fostered the same sense of ownership of your car as Gran Turismo does early on in GT mode, although the driving wasn't much fun, nor were the bugs (there were many).

Then onto Untitled Goose Game, I played up to the credits, it was fun while it lasted. Seems like there's a load more to do, though, which is cool - both games are on my "unfinished business" list, along with a lot of other games I've "completed" recently...

Last edited:
I am apparently just flying through my backlog now, I'm almost ready to add Aliens vs. Predator (2010) and Not a Hero to the list.

The former is nowhere near as bad as I was led to believe back in 2010, although as a massive fan of the films - well, Alien and Aliens - the fact that they got the aesthetics spot on counts for a lot. I've only done the Marine and Alien campaigns so far, both have completely forgettable stories, the Marine guns were just super weak (except for the Smartgun, thankfully that was as awesome as it looks in the films) too, but playing as a xeno was great. Even if you didn't get to play through its lifecycle first, as in AvP 2 (2001).

Not a Hero is pretty fun, pretty stressful. I think so far it's my favourite of the "somewhat chaotic side scrolling shooters", some other notable entries being Broforce, Door Kickers: Action Squad and Katana Zero, because it's pretty slick but also funny, challenging but not too challenging, except I've just read that the third and final week is difficult in a cheap way so it might change my mind. Still, I feel like Not a Hero is a genuinely underappreciated game that didn't get enough love.

I've also played a few more levels of Volume, which continues to be pretty good but repetitive, so only really worth playing in short sessions. The thing is it always just makes me look back at MGS VR Missions/Integral and MGS 2 Subsistence, I have yet to 100% either game's VR missions because some of them are impossible but I feel like I'd have more fun with those. The fact that this is pretty much all I can say about it probably says more about it than I can, if that makes any sense.

I'm thinking I might get into Yakuza Zero next, I have after all got less than three months to go until fatherhood so I should probably cross some bigger games off the list.

Been doing Shift 2 again and the track limits at Catalunya are weird:
E5WCpidl.jpg

In-game counted as cutting the track

JzbbV7wl.jpg

Didn't count as a cut.

Wreckfest until WRC decides to come out here in the states, Talk about piss poor communication from KT Racing

what game I should start next... Hades, The Ascent, art of rally, Twelve Minutes...?
Ended up going with The Ascent and art of rally.

art of rally is an fun little game, especially for small runs every now and then. Cute and challenging.
Kind of surprised that so little people are playing it, though. I base this on the latest achievement I've obtained, which marks the middle of the career and was only obtained by 1.33% of gamers. Quite a shame.

The Ascent has a gorgeous, detailed world, which sets a fantastic atmosphere.
Having said that, the story isn't that great and there are some issues / bugs with it. Will probably stick it to the end, though.

Ended up going with The Ascent and art of rally.

art of rally is an fun little game, especially for small runs every now and then. Cute and challenging.
Kind of surprised that so little people are playing it, though. I base this on the latest achievement I've obtained, which marks the middle of the career and was only obtained by 1.33% of gamers. Quite a shame.

The Ascent has a gorgeous, detailed world, which sets a fantastic atmosphere.
Having said that, the story isn't that great and there are some issues / bugs with it. Will probably stick it to the end, though.
I really enjoyed both of those games but Hades is the best of the three :lol:.

Trudging along through RDR2 because it's pretty and the story is enjoyable, but man if I can't help but feel that it is just wasting my time so often with some of the mechanics.

Currently getting my casual card game fix from Yugioh: Legacy of the Duelist at the moment. Downloaded it ages ago and having a lot of fun. The last time I was even vaguely into yugioh was the last DS game in 2011 I think, so seeing all the new cards is wild and seeing how so much better they are than the old decks I had. I need to pick up the Link Evolution game at some point to play with the even newer cards, but I’ll just wait for a sale. The only complaint I have is the non-ability to buy individual cards and having to buy packs. I’ve been trying to get 2 copies of a specific common card for a build, and in over 100+ packs I’ve only gotten 1 of them. But other than that it’s still fun to beat up on the AI.

Last edited:
After trying Horizon on the ps4 I just couldn't get into it.

The news about the 60 fps patch on os5 made me fire it up again, definately like it a bit more but overall don't see the hype it generates still to this day.

Next purchase/ playthrough will be either Ratchet and Clank or RE Village.

My wife got us invited into an established guild, and I've been playing a lot more Guild Wars 2 lately. It's the first game I've been sinking significant time into so far this year, other than playtesting my project. Seems like an interesting time to be back playing GW2, with an expansion on the horizon and plenty of activity going on since 2020 (which is when we started playing again, too; we first played the game since it launched in 2012).

I really enjoyed both of those games but Hades is the best of the three :lol:.
At least it's the most awarded, yes. And I will definitely be trying it soon (if not next).
In fact, I have it installed since the day it arrived on Game Pass.

Still playing Flight Sim 2020 a lot, but bought Assetto Corsa Competizione on special and enjoying it a lot. Very challenging to be consistent on controller (especially with lack of FFB on the triggers) but the feel, sounds, tracks (finally get to race on my home track of Kyalami!)... loving it.

I'm slow as all heck though hahaha

The last month(s) of my time gaming have been spent between DiRT5 and Onrush on the PS4 and Kaido Racer 2 on the PS2.

I ditched DiRT5 only after a few hours for being an absolute 💩show on the base PS4. I’m still horrified by the fact how poor this game looks and runs. The sole reason I’m keeping my copy is so that I have something to play on my PS5 when I’ll be able to buy one in 2023.

I then went ahead and bought Onrush for $2-3 during the summer sale. An absolutely brilliant game and ended up loving it. I have got all but one trophy (Geared Up) because currently I just cannot be bothered with grinding for gear items decided by a RNG.

Recently moved on to Kaido Racer 2 and taking my time with it. Still somewhat in the early stages of the game as I’m slowly unlocking new locations and gaining sponsors to finance my Touge builds. I’ll forever be thankful for my inner JDM fanboy for buying this game back in 2007. Always a pleasure giving it a go every few years. The game is even more enjoyable since I’ve invested in a PS2 to HDMI adapter as well Brook Game Controller Switch so that I can use the DS4 on the PS2.

Next up is Battle Gear 2 (PS2) when it drops in my mailbox. The game is also known as Tokyo Road Race for us European PAL peasants. You’d still have to bring a truck full of salt for TXR3 never getting a PAL release.

Last edited:
I've been using my newly repaired and modded Vita to play some older games I wouldn't normally play on my PC (because backlog pressure keeps me chipping away at other things), annoyingly the lack of L2/R2/L3/R3 buttons makes playing PSX games awkward but some games like Full Throttle and Snatcher (Sega CD version) are excellent and work perfectly. I mean FT is a native Vita game so that's hardly surprising, but, yeah.

After I'm done with Snatcher, which I'm enjoying way more than I thought I would given its age, I'm obviously going to move on to Policenauts (PSX version) and maybe I'll finally be able to get into Final Fantasy VII and play for more than an hour. Who knows?

Oh and the other bonus of having a second platform to play games on: I can let my PC run Cookie Clicker and do computer stuff when I need breaks from holding the not super comfortable Vita.

Last edited:
I've been replaying Driver: San Francisco again. The 2011 graphic aged kinda poorly (car models are good, but the world details are... meh), but the writing is top notch and shift mechanic is still a blast. I'll just say no other game allows me to take down a street racer with someone's grandma driving a Dodge Grand Caravan and leave it at that.

Buying that game (and Race Driver: Grid) on Steam before it went down from the online store still remains one of the best decision I've ever made in my entire life. I should find myself a Xbox 360 version to play on my Series X sometime.

Currently doing a NG+ run through of Ghost of Tsushima. First time replaying the game, and remembering why I loved it the first time around.

Back