What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,811 comments
Great game, even by today standards. Remake in similar to HWU form would be epic.
Oh it would be absolutely epic, but I don't even know what is going on with that game legally. I think some random company in Korea has them now?

And also igcd.net shows it spawned at least two mobile game sequels by the company I've never heard of. I have no idea how that even happened.

I’ve been wanting to get fifa 23 but I never get the difficulty settings right… lol. I want a challenge but I also don’t want to score too much. I want a good game.
After a week with it I think I can recommend it, it's definitely one of the best FIFA's in a few years. If you search Matt10L on youtube and use his sliders it slows the game down and makes it feel very realistic and the AI can be a handful. So much so I had to change from Tactical Defending to Legacy in the control settings because the default setup just can't handle the AI's movement and passing on the higher difficulties.

Lots of praise from the PES community for this one, and lots of complaining from the FUT fanboys which tells you they have it about right this year, but EA is liable to come in and break it with a patch at some point.

But for now single player on the game is very enjoyable and challenging to play.

You must have a real comfortable sofa because you must be in it 24/7
Not nearly as much as I'd like, believe me! I've been going into work much more lately which basically doubles the time I get to play stuff, I don't have a commute or lunch break at home on account of being a parent. Without my Steam Deck I'd be playing absolutely nothing!

Already started Deathloop via gamepass.
So far - not impressive.
Beat it. Mixed feelings. On one hand its Arcane game with excellent narrative and original idea, on the other its repetative, stupidly easy and with unimpressive ending. Multiplayer doesn't work properly. Half-baked game from one of my favourite developers.

Btw, I don't get why its next gen only. Nothing really next gen here.

If you ask me, AAA developers should give us more rogue-lite games.

Beat it. Mixed feelings. On one hand its Arcane game with excellent narrative and original idea, on the other its repetative, stupidly easy and with unimpressive ending. Multiplayer doesn't work properly. Half-baked game from one of my favourite developers.

Btw, I don't get why its next gen only. Nothing really next gen here.

If you ask me, AAA developers should give us more rogue-lite games.
I agree. I love roguelites. They have so much replay value. But I couldn’t get into Deathloop. I felt like it was very hard to go guns blazing.

I've been trying to relax my mind enjoying far cry primal on ps4, i really like the feel, makes you feel like roaming around in a primeval forest, surviving with prehistoric mammals.
Maybe im meant to be living as a cave man 😋.

Anyhow, great looking environment still, running around with a spear, arrows, etc.
Good fun.

I agree. I love roguelites. They have so much replay value.
IMO there is such a thing as too much replay value (sometimes), with a lot of roguelites I end up feeling like a dog chasing a laser pointer, yes I'm having fun at the time but I feel like I never really achieve anything. Take Rogue Legacy for example, I beat it 21 times with the same character and did all the side stuff and yet still felt like I had more to do, I guess just because the game let me keep playing.

Yesterday was an unusually good nap day (for my kid, not me) so I managed to start and finish Donut County which I enjoyed. It's very short, dumb and not challenging at all, it felt like one of those games that exists purely to tell a story that wouldn't really work any other way and I appreciated that.

I've also been playing NFS Heat, basically just trundling through but trying to not grind either money or XP. It's a good game and I don't know why it isn't more highly regarded within the franchise although I wouldn't mind if the police chases were a little easier to end without having to resort to cheesing them by launching off a jump big enough to make them all crash, as if it's Blues Brothers or something. Also, turning the music off was a must.

IMO there is such a thing as too much replay value (sometimes), with a lot of roguelites I end up feeling like a dog chasing a laser pointer, yes I'm having fun at the time but I feel like I never really achieve anything. Take Rogue Legacy for example, I beat it 21 times with the same character and did all the side stuff and yet still felt like I had more to do, I guess just because the game let me keep playing.

Yesterday was an unusually good nap day (for my kid, not me) so I managed to start and finish Donut County which I enjoyed. It's very short, dumb and not challenging at all, it felt like one of those games that exists purely to tell a story that wouldn't really work any other way and I appreciated that.

I've also been playing NFS Heat, basically just trundling through but trying to not grind either money or XP. It's a good game and I don't know why it isn't more highly regarded within the franchise although I wouldn't mind if the police chases were a little easier to end without having to resort to cheesing them by launching off a jump big enough to make them all crash, as if it's Blues Brothers or something. Also, turning the music off was a must.
Yeah I wanted to get into NFS Heat but always felt like it ended up being blurry, low frames and also the police are annoying.

Getting back on Cyberpunk, not sure if I want to continue my old save (where stats are all over the places) or start a new game from scratch and be more focus on my build.

Getting back on Cyberpunk, not sure if I want to continue my old save (where stats are all over the places) or start a new game from scratch and be more focus on my build.
I started again with a new character and build and it's well worth revisiting the missions again with the upgraded graphics, smoother gameplay and no worries that the game may crash or NPC may get stuck in a wall etc. that plagued my first playthrough.

The immersion is amazing from the opening scenes on now that they have it working well.

I started playing Terraria since I've had it for a while but never really got into it. I wish I had given it another chance earlier because I really like it.

I've put Deathloop on hold... I'm still deciding if I like it enough to continue. I'm doing a final run of Jedi Fallen Order (now on the Series X) trying to get everything. It's is probably the only "Souls-like" game that I will ever like, and I look forward to the sequel.
Trying to 100% the maps in Fallen Order can be really annoying. So hard sometimes to find the one ledge you haven't stood on.

So, since my latest post here I've:

Finished The Forgotten City.
Started and finished Coffee Talk.
Started and finished OPUS: Echo of Starsong.

Then... I bought a PS5. Played a bit of Gran Turismo 7, Astro's Playroom, The Last of Us Part II, Horizon Forbidden West and... sold the PS5.

Started Sable and Echo Generation, as I wanted to try them before they leave Game Pass, but I ended up giving up on both. Sable actually started off as being interesting and with cool art, but halfway through I wasn't paying attention to the story anymore and the game started suffering terribly from framerate issues.

I'm currently playing Scarlet Nexus (started just two days ago), but it's too soon to have an opinion yet.

The Forgotten City
zFS6paZ.jpg

Coffee Talk
IGzHn75.png

OPUS: Echo of Starsong
xUUR4D1.png

9vzp2Df.png

KxeLn8I.png

The Last of Us Part II
QIF5z6h.jpg

guZsy0i.jpg

MnRNZmV.jpg

Sable
Yiq69Bp.png

kC7Fghk.png

Echo Generation
qQ52XRb.jpg

Started and finished Coffee Talk.
What did you think? And have you played VA-11 Hall-A? I think I preferred that but I'm definitely more into cyberpunk and alcohol than fantasy and coffee.

I started Broken Age last night, I'm not really sure why, I mean I've been curious about it since it was in crowdfunding (I think it was crowdfunded?) but I heard it wasn't very good, and I'm not exactly impressed so far, but I think it's really short so I'll keep going.

What did you think? And have you played VA-11 Hall-A? I think I preferred that but I'm definitely more into cyberpunk and alcohol than fantasy and coffee.
Yes, I really enjoyed it. Never mind the coffee part (although that was partially fun as well), I thought the characters and the story were interesting enough and I finished it in a couple of plays.
Also, I went with zero expectations. I just noticed it one day on Game Pass and downloaded it. That's the beauty of it.

First time I'm hearing about VA-11 Hall-A, to be honest, but already placed it on my wish list. Might look into it one day.

I just scorned Scorn about 40 minutes after starting and not getting anywhere... Visually strong, but quite non-intuitive (Didn't the previews sold us a shooter?). Woof, for me GP is not having a good month between Deathloop and this. Your turn, A Plague Tale: Requiem.

Going to give Cyberpunk a go - there's a limited trial available with PS Plus Premium, may as well have a look before my sub ends next month.

Still playing Burnout Paradise and going strong. I just unlocked the Burnout license, which put me in the elite echelon of 2.16% of Xbox players who unlocked it.

Time will tell if I manage to actually get the 100% completion license this time (I've gotten close before), but I'm going to give it my best shot. Reinstalled Burnout Revenge too, so there's that to look forward to once I get the Paradise done.

edit: I have now joined the exclusive cabal of 0.59% of all Xbox players across the world who have pulled off 100% rating power park in the Burnout Paradise. I wasn't even aware that this was a thing until now, and I absolutely love that it is a thing I can do in the game :lol:
I just scorned Scorn about 40 minutes after starting and not getting anywhere... Visually strong, but quite non-intuitive (Didn't the previews sold us a shooter?). Woof, for me GP is not having a good month between Deathloop and this. Your turn, A Plague Tale: Requiem.
I thought it was more along the line of Myst or Talos Principle but horror? At least that's the impression I got from people talking about them.

I would try it out but anything scarier than Nintendogs is an absolute no-no to me.

Last edited:
Spiderman is good, somehow its better game than Batman Arkham(even if story and setting in Arkham waaaay cooler). Main complaint is horrible UI from 360 era. I am not big fan of Marvel, especially Spiderman, but gameplay sells it for me.

I thought it was more along the line of Myst or Talos Principle but horror? At least that's the impression I got from people talking about them.
From what I've heard it has some shooting that isn't very good - presumably just so they can have gross flesh guns like the one in eXistenZ - and it's not really scary exactly, just a constant, sustained level of gross and creepy. A bit like eXistenZ. Art imitating art imitating art imitating life?

I gave it about 30 minutes before giving up. The world looks incredible but movement is slow and cumbersome, interactions are far too vague (the button prompts on Xbox aren't even related to the buttons on the pad as far as I can tell), and the puzzles are not intuitive in the slightest while also being flat out boring. The first major puzzle area you reach is one of the worst designed areas I've ever seen in a game. Nothing guides the user in the right direction, nothing explains what you're doing or why you're doing it and when you finally do figure out what you need to do the challenge is a slider puzzle? Give me a break.

That's before you even get to the fact that the button inputs need you to wait until after the very last frame of the animation of the interaction you've just completed before they register, and if you press too early you need to start the input again. This is a very bad way of handling things and really makes the game feel incomplete. It feels like more of an interactive portfolio piece for the environment artist(s) IMO.

Don't even get me started on Deathloop, that was a huge letdown for me given how good it looked.

Last edited:
Back