What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
I've checked my Xbox app for some stats and the time it took me to uninstall Scorn was exactly... 24 minutes.

A shame, really, as the atmosphere was looking quite nice.

Finally grabbed a PS5, so I got Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart as my first new game, since I also installed many of the PS4 games I had plus a few upgraded versions including PS5 version of GT7.

First impression of A Plague Tale: Requiem, looks and plays about the same than Innocence... which is rather discouraging because it now performs worse (no 60 fps). I'm considering putting it on hold until some optimization comes down the line (like Innocence).

Last edited:
First impression of A Plague Tale: Requiem, looks and plays about the same than Innocence... which is rather discouraging because it nows performs worse (no 60 fps). I'm considering putting it on hold until some optimization comes down the line (like Innocence).
Many people are saying the same. However i find the game relatively slow paced and also smooth gameplay, Iam really enjoying it. Iam kinda of the feeling that the game just doesn’t need fps boost or whatever

First impression of A Plague Tale: Requiem, looks and plays about the same than Innocence... which is rather discouraging because it now performs worse (no 60 fps). I'm considering putting it on hold until some optimization comes down the line (like Innocence).
Having played games at 60 fps for the last 18 months or so I just can't get on with 30 fps anymore, it's literally unplayable for me to the point it has me thinking "surely 30 fps didn't look this bad for the whole ps3/ps4 generation" 🤔

Unfortunately no matter how good it looks and how good the story is I just can't play A Plague Tale Requiem in its current state, which is a shame as it was my most anticipated game this year.

The point with Requiem (and other games, I guess) is that if the previous game had it, why tolerate the downgrade? Because as I stated, it really does not look very different or complex from the last one (later stages might prove me wrong, of course).

I get that Asobo is a smaller development team, but other games as visually rich (Yakuza Like a Dragon, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Outriders, Assasin's Creed Origins and Odyssey come to mind) with more complex gameplay do offer 60 fps upgrades.

Maybe 30 fps weren't so bad in the last generation because I mostly played on a 1080p TV with good motion handling. But after switching to gaming monitors/OLED TV, yeah, not so good.

Last edited:
The point with Requiem (and other games, I guess) is that if the previous game had it, why tolerate the downgrade? Because as I stated, it really does not look very different or complex from the last one (later stages might prove me wrong, of course).

I get that Asobo is a smaller development team, but other games as visually rich (Yakuza Like a Dragon, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Outriders, Assasin's Creed Origins and Odyssey come to mind) with more complex gameplay do offer 60 fps upgrades.

Maybe 30 fps weren't so bad in the last generation because I mostly played on a 1080p TV with good motion handling. But after switching to gaming monitors/OLED TV, yeah, not so good.

Good point about why the downgrade. It's funny because although I certainly appreciate 60fps I don't normally get too hung up on it but in this case I don't think I want to continue playing. I've completed the first chapter and it just feels jarring, looks great but jarring and juddery. What a letdown, (atm), I was looking forward to this, fingers crossed they will fix it but I kinda doubt it looking at what kind of PC you need to run at 60.

Back to WWE 2K22. Topped up my custom mostly-90s universe with some of the user creations.

Stretched the period a bit in both directions to include a few favourites - a bit odd to have John Cena fighting Andre the Giant but it mostly all fits.

Majority of the WCW guys are together on Smackdown, it's basically just Nitro now.

To get out of this bad optimization funk I'm going with Sniper Elite 5 (which was somewhat rough at lauch time and now is peachy) and Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

I've shown the door to A Plague Tale: Requiem. The problem is not so much the 40-ish fps, but the gameplay that isn't really more advanced/fun than that of the last game. Together with Scorn and Deathloop, the three GP dissapointments of the year for me.

Last edited:
I know it mostly gets a battering but the current version of eFootball 2023 has surprised me. It's in a good place at the moment with addictive online gameplay, competitive matches and solid server performance.

It's had its well publicised ups and downs but given it's still free, if you ever wanted to get an idea of what it can offer, I recommend it right now.

There's still basically nothing for offline players though if you're not looking to compete online it's not for you.

We'll see if they knack it up again in the next update.

Going through Uncharted 4 on PC at the moment. And re-playing Terminator Resistance on Extreme difficulty and (almost) no hud.

Stupid amounts of Minecraft. My wife and 5 year old daughter started playing it on PS and they got me into it as well. We got a fairly large town built now.

I’m trying to get them to switch to No Man’s Sky but they have no interest.

Going through Uncharted 4 on PC at the moment.
Good game. Great sections with vehicles, good enough shooting, puzzling and climbing. Cool story and characters. Imo, Tomb Rider '13 is better gameplay wise, but Uncharted has better pacing and story.

Also, addon feels even better than basic game.

Last edited:
Struggling through A Plague Tale: Requiem.

Feel like a spoilt kid who is never happy by moaning about the frame rate but it's so hard to back to 30 fps now, still hoping for a patch as the atmosphere and the game itself are amazing.

Been on resident evil 2 remake, set to hardcore difficulty. It's perfect for an intense survival feel, except i used all ribbons to save at the beginning lol, i didn't know how often i would find them at 1st.
Now im stuck can't save lol, even after a couple hours of good progress, bit frustrating..

Might start over and try keep them as much as possible.

Nice balanced design this game, with puzzles, exploration, stealth a little, combat, survival, managing how to handle the challenge.

Too bad games afterwards focus more on action and cinematic, scripted progress.
8 seems ok from the demo, but not fun or interesting when its like being guided and like following a cutscene gameplay part with no freedom of action and ai.

Im so low energy these days, I think i would be good to do zombies walking mocap, they can just tell me to walk, act naturally 😁🤣.

Also did some arkham knight play, i like it, lot of content too with dlcs, added lot of challenge maps.
I like the predator stealth ones especially, playable with any character, well combat is fun too, as well as the open city campaign.

Last edited:
I'm currently nearing the end of my Witcher 3 death march playthrough, It's been a lot easier than i thought it was going to be probably because I played Elden ring just before. Aside from the odd witcher contract it's been pretty straightforward.

Bit of a mixture for me recently.

I've nearly unlocked all the parts in NFS Heat, which I still believe is a great game, I mean I don't think making cars handle badly and steer like a ship anchor on lard until you've got some upgrades was a good choice, similarly drifting is just outright bad until you've got a lot of upgrades, but it doesn't take long to unlock stuff so that's not the worst thing ever.

I've also almost finished Broken Age, it's only a short game but it's not the best so I've only been playing in short sessions, I do appreciate how old school it is in its point & click humour but it's just not great, not terrible either though.

Most recently I've picked up Into The Breach again, something I've been wanting to play since the big content update recently, I'm still terrible at it but easy mode lets me feel like I smart. Got a bit full of it though so on the train home just now I was playing Lonely Mountains: Downhill, man I missed that game... But again, I'm not good at it!

Bit of a mixture for me recently.

I've nearly unlocked all the parts in NFS Heat, which I still believe is a great game, I mean I don't think making cars handle badly and steer like a ship anchor on lard until you've got some upgrades was a good choice, similarly drifting is just outright bad until you've got a lot of upgrades, but it doesn't take long to unlock stuff so that's not the worst thing ever.

I've also almost finished Broken Age, it's only a short game but it's not the best so I've only been playing in short sessions, I do appreciate how old school it is in its point & click humour but it's just not great, not terrible either though.

Most recently I've picked up Into The Breach again, something I've been wanting to play since the big content update recently, I'm still terrible at it but easy mode lets me feel like I smart. Got a bit full of it though so on the train home just now I was playing Lonely Mountains: Downhill, man I missed that game... But again, I'm not good at it!
🤔 so basically you could say that you have gone once more Into the Breach dear friends.

I'm not sure why (as it really isn't my genre), but I got the urge to play Halo so I downloaded the Master Chief Collection and ended up playing it for 3 hours straight, it looks a little different on my Series X to what remember, (in a good way), compared to the OXbox all those years ago. I'm really enjoying it, who knows I might get to the end this time.

Last edited:
I'm revisiting the classic Walking Dead series on platforms I haven't played before. I have completed them all on Xbox One. I finished the Windows version of the original series yesterday and am now working through Season Two, Xbox 360 version.

Last edited:
Picked up Ride 2 for the princely sum of five bucks as it was on sale in the Xbox store. Quite the improvement over Ride 1 in terms of graphics and playability. A lot more forgiving then the first game and I'm actually putting a bit of time into this game which is a first for me as I've traditionally struggled with bike games even though I like the idea of such a game. Now I'm regretting not picking up Ride 3 and 4 on special as they were significantly marked down in the last month or so. After checking out Ride 1 I wasn't sold on spending cash on any of the sequels but Ride 2 really has changed my mind on that.

Finished Broken Age, it was fine, I used a guide though because it had some of that old school point and click logic that made no sense to me whatsoever.

Moved straight on to Frog Detective 3, something I'd been waiting for. Very short, very dumb, but funny and worth the few quid as usual.

I've now started playing Shapez, a factory game I hadn't heard of before I saw it very cheap on the Steam front page, and I'm completely hooked now even though I know I'm just making machines to make shapes to unlock machines to make more shapes or to make my existing machines more efficient... As an engineer it's a busman's holiday but still fun.

Also still slowly ticking through NFS Heat, I forgot there's a story so I've gone back to it for a bit. I've failed my last three attempts to get home after a level 5 high heat race, I only need to do two more, it's annoying but I guess it's the true final boss in the game so it's fine.

Bought one of these so now I can keep playing whilst sitting with the fam, and not hiding away in the mancave being “antisocial”

Sticks aren’t precise enough for some games, but non-action stuff works fine.

Last edited:
Beat Gotham Knights. Slightly better than Marvel Avengers as a game and story wise, performance and visuals is not impressive on my mid tier PC. Good game for gamepass or as filler for 20$ on sale. Strangest thing about it is that its feels like AAAA game if you looks at voice acting side and at the same time like AA game when it comes to gameplay and locations. I guess something goes wrong at some point and game was completely redone from scratch.

Latest Posts

Back