What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
After watching some Hong Kong action films on YT lately, it got me in the mood to "live it out" in Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. A bit janky with some glitches (as to be expected with an open world game, especially being 10 years old) and the FOV on PC is terrible. Still finding some fun in the hand to hand combat, when it isn't glitching out and giving enemies free hits on you or being unable to finish missions on a few rare occasions. Haven't really been as motivated to complete a game as much as Sleeping Dogs.

Went back and touched GRID Legends a few times, but still feels time consuming and a little annoyingly "grindy" with the post story career mode. Feeling a tad burnt out on racing games in general sadly and I wish it wasn't the case, but GT7 has sort of died of for me. For now...I'm sure I'll come back at some point.

After watching some Hong Kong action films on YT lately, it got me in the mood to "live it out" in Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. A bit janky with some glitches (as to be expected with an open world game, especially being 10 years old) and the FOV on PC is terrible. Still finding some fun in the hand to hand combat, when it isn't glitching out and giving enemies free hits on you or being unable to finish missions on a few rare occasions. Haven't really been as motivated to complete a game as much as Sleeping Dogs.
I loved Sleeping Dogs, so many HK film references dropped into the game. It wasn't perfect, but I still massively enjoyed it.

On the subject of Gran Turismo, I have been a massive fan of the series since the first game, but I lost interest in GT Sport after playing ACC and I just haven't bothered with GT7 yet.

Still plonking a daily every now and then on GT7.

However I’m not currently locked into a a game and have been considering all sorts. However, today CD Projekt Red put this up…

42850D7F-29D5-4A17-87DD-B927EE993C6F.jpeg

And now I’ll just sit tight and wait to get my third playthrough going.

However I’m not currently locked into a a game and have been considering all sorts. However, today CD Projekt Red put this up…

View attachment 1208251

It would appear that that awkward gap between Christmas and New Year has suddenly been filled. Not to mention that crappy January that follows...

14 December release - does that give them long enough to get a bug hot fix out on consoles before the Christmas break? There's bound to be something that doesnt work properly on first release...

So is there much story to all this? I recall that being a criticism of the game early. Usually I wouldn't be expecting much but from the visuals you'd think they need to explain where we are in some way?
There is a story and explanations are given as to why you are where you are. Trust me, you won't get confused when you play it.

Last edited:

View attachment 1208251

Ooh. I came to PS4 generation pretty late and never did get far in this with just so much else to play at the time, this is a perfect excuse to dive back in.

After watching some Hong Kong action films on YT lately
Tell me more! I've had a huge craving to watch Hard Boiled but haven't been able to find it, not even on blu ray, I've also watched a few Accented Cinema videos about wuxia and a few Jackie Chan and Jet Li films I haven't seen yet so I feel like I need to watch a few. Sleeping Dogs was excellent, I finished it a couple of years ago but I think a second playthrough is coming, I actually started it again as soon as I got home from a work trip to Hong Kong but I spent very little time on the island and was mostly on the mainland side. I did get to go from Central to North Point and several places in between though.

I think I'm actually about finished with The Red Strings Club, it's not bad but the plot feels very implausible (big spoilers here):
How Akara ended up at the bar just seems so dumb - a powerful, sentient but naive AI in a state of the art android body gets shot by a security turret in a lab and is then allowed to just... Leave? And then several employees of the corp that built it visit the bar where the android now works as a greeter and they have no idea it's right there in front of them. It doesn't have a killswitch and apparently no one knows it's missing and out in the world (as none of the other 140+ android's are), and then the android's creator visits, you have a confrontation about the corp's evil plans, you kick him out and there are zero repercussions even though he knows you know A LOT and that you plan to stop him. Bearing in mind that someone else was shot earlier on it seems dumb that no one walked into your empty bar to kill you and the android.

Apart from those puzzling plot points it's actually quite refreshing to play a game where your choices matter but you can't savescum your way to the best ending (at least I assume there are multiple endings, not sure what the point would be otherwise), it's very happy to let you make mistakes which makes the plot feel more organic.

Taking a potentially permanent hiatus from GT7 (depends on what updates/content they have in store), so I decided to boot up WRC10, Assetto Corsa and Driveclub again.

Driveclub is still dangerously addicting even in the face of a brand new generation of consoles. Don't even care about the physics, its just flat-out, uncompromised fun. I'm probably going to go for all the stars in the game, give bikes its fair shake before heading to those other 2 games.

No matter what I do to GT, I can't replicate how fun this is. The tracks and car list simply can't support it. Its missing why I fell in love with racing games in the first place...

Taking a potentially permanent hiatus from GT7 (depends on what updates/content they have in store), so I decided to boot up WRC10, Assetto Corsa and Driveclub again.

Driveclub is still dangerously addicting even in the face of a brand new generation of consoles. Don't even care about the physics, its just flat-out, uncompromised fun. I'm probably going to go for all the stars in the game, give bikes its fair shake before heading to those other 2 games.

No matter what I do to GT, I can't replicate how fun this is. The tracks and car list simply can't support it. Its missing why I fell in love with racing games in the first place...

Driveclub made me buy my first wheel G29 at that time, and further got me addicted to racing and simracing titles.

Tell me more! I've had a huge craving to watch Hard Boiled but haven't been able to find it, not even on blu ray, I've also watched a few Accented Cinema videos about wuxia and a few Jackie Chan and Jet Li films I haven't seen yet so I feel like I need to watch a few. Sleeping Dogs was excellent, I finished it a couple of years ago but I think a second playthrough is coming, I actually started it again as soon as I got home from a work trip to Hong Kong but I spent very little time on the island and was mostly on the mainland side. I did get to go from Central to North Point and several places in between though.
Not sure if they're region locked depending on where you live, but there's a few that popped up in Free with Ads section for me. As for actors, I definitely recommend Tony Jaa, Donnie Yen, and Wu Jing. For a while I've heard that Donnie Yen is working on a Sleeping Dogs movie, but who knows as it's been years since that was talked about.

Here's a list:

Kung Fu Killer (2015)

Special ID (2014) - Might be the closest you can get to a Sleeping Dogs movie with Donnie Yen as an undercover officer.

Kill Zone 2 (2016, also known as SPL II A Time for Consequences) - One of my favorites in terms of fight choreography, also another thing about an undercover officer. Although I personally kind of think Wu Jing (the main actor) looks more like Wei Shen than Donnie Yen.

Paradox (2017, also known as SPL III)

Not sure the links will work with age restriction and possibly being region locked.

Kung Fu Killer:

Special ID:

Kill Zone 2:

Paradox:

Last edited:
Tell me more! I've had a huge craving to watch Hard Boiled but haven't been able to find it, not even on blu ray
Hard Boiled seems to be fairly easy to find on DVD, but not on blu ray. Can't imagine it would be much better (picture wise) on blu ray, as the DVD version I have isn't much sharper than the original VHS!

Love that film though, some absolute gems produced in that era but Hard Boiled sits above all of them.

By the way, if you are a John Woo fan and you haven't played it yet, I'd highly recommend Hong Kong Massacre.

@MedigoFlame thanks, unfortunately the links are region locked but I've been thinking of trying a VPN to see if that'll give me access to HK Netflix because there were tons of films on there I wanted to watch (but I dunno if many of them had English sub options), maybe it'd work for these, I'll have to try.

@tbtstt that's true, I kind of forget DVDs exist, but on Amazon I can see a couple of region 2 versions with limited stock... Guess I'll add one to my next order. I have got Hong Kong Massacre and it is great, I need to pick it up again, I've also got the GOG version of Stranglehold waiting for me to make enough space on my Deck to install it.

Edit: I finished The Red Strings Club and completely retract my earlier criticism about it being implausible, I ended up enjoying it a lot (still don't think it's an amazing game, but it has gone up in my estimation) and it has been thrown on the ever-increasing pile of good games with multiple endings that I should play again someday but probably won't, just because of the sheer number of other things I have to play.

I have decided it's time to play Generation Zero, mainly because it's occupying a lot of space on my SSD.

Edit again: I have already decided it's time to stop playing Generation Zero, it's probably fun with friends (lots of bad games are) but as I don't know anyone who plays it, and I got stuck in a tent, I figured I'd rather have the 50GB for something better.

Last edited:
I caved and picked up Control PS5 disc today for cheap.

I’ve seen quite a few people loved it so thought I might give it a blast. I’ve also picked up a copy of Driveclub for £4!

I loved it back at release but didn’t get anywhere on it due to other games. It’s a shame Sony and the developer couldn’t somehow keep the DLC available.

First things first,

11-16-2022_11-57-52_PM-fr0y3nxs.png

Other than that I've been playing through Pentiment for past few days. I'm only in the beginning of the Act 2 at the moment but I'm completely hooked. Absorbing plots, great characters, well-written dialogues, wouldn't expect any less from Obsidian. It's available on Gamepass, and I highly recommend giving it a shot for anyone who's currently subscribed to it.

Last edited:
First things first
You're not done yet, doesn't it go up to 103%? It's a slog but worth it IMO, the carbon Uberschall 8 (with stunt boost) was one of my favourite cars in the game. It's just a shame that by the time you get it you don't have much left to do...

Edit: I started Hardspace: Shipbreaker last night, I didn't really mean to but the opening is so good at setting the scene I think I have to keep going now despite having a few other games on the go (The Textorcist, Huntdown and... Probably some others I've already forgotten about!)

Last edited:
You're not done yet, doesn't it go up to 103%? It's a slog but worth it IMO, the carbon Uberschall 8 (with stunt boost) was one of my favourite cars in the game. It's just a shame that by the time you get it you don't have much left to do...
A very good point, but I'm just not really comfortable playing around with other people honestly. I'm a singleplayer guy through and through.

I do wonder if I should try and find some other like-minded people for these freeburn challenges though. Carson Annihilator Street Rod does look super sweet...

A very good point, but I'm just not really comfortable playing around with other people honestly. I'm a singleplayer guy through and through.

I do wonder if I should try and find some other like-minded people for these freeburn challenges though. Carson Annihilator Street Rod does look super sweet...
I'm the same mostly, a few games have gotten me to change that (but I still don't communicate with people beyond text chat) though and Burnout Paradise was one. Luckily you don't really need to communicate, you just need some patience, and hosting your own game means you can limit how many people are in your game (which means you can focus on one set of challenges at a time) and you can kick unproductive people, although nothing stops them from just coming back...

I'm well into Hardspace: Shipbreaker now, it's so good, I don't even mind the shift timer, equipment condition and suit integrity, health, fuel and oxygen sliders. What I do mind is the fact that the furnace and processor are so close together and the physics can be dumb enough that large pieces of scrap (quasar thruster housings especially) can either get stuck between the pull of those two receptacles or even fall into the furnace instead of the processor, and tethers aren't strong enough to pull them free unless you use loads of them (and even then aren't always enough.)

I do love doing quasar thrusters though, setting up a tether to pull the thruster out as you cut all the fuel lines then dodging it as it comes flying toward you before flying as fast as you can to the far end to pull the emergency purge lever, which cracks the whole casing in half, will probably never get old. I just unlocked a whole other thing last night too, unfortunately I was distracted when it was explained to me so I don't know what it does but I'll find out soon enough I guess.

I have pretty much wrapped up NFS Heat, so ready to get stuck into something else. Was going to finally start RDR2, but saw Air Mission: Hind was cheap so I picked that up. I am desperate for a good helicopter game and that is pretty much the only half-decent option on console. It is far from perfect, but still a bit of fun (glad it was cheap though!)

Thinking that I might start RDR2 this weekend... but I have just seen Mass Effect Trilogy is on PS Plus this month and I have been to play that for years, so I am tempted to jump straight into that!

Pokémon scarlet. I've managed to get 368 of the 400 Pokémon but I'm running out of steam a little bit.

The Last of Us PS5 remake.

This is probably my favourite game of all time, hadn't played it since the PS3 days and it is still just as good. Masterpiece.
I haven't spoken to anyone who has played it on PS5 yet.

I have played it through on both PS3 and PS4 (masterpiece in both cases), sure I will end up doing the same when I eventually get around to getting a PS5!

I just got hooked on Fortnite again. This game always manages to grab me. For some reason, I want to stop because I have so many other games that I want to try and play.

Finally got a PS5 and it's too cold to go biking outside (I keep telling myself) so I have a list of games going on at the moment:

GT7
Returnal
WRC Generations
Plague Tale Requiem
Calisto Protocol

GT PSP. I found the PSP, and the charger earlier today, and I've been racing around El Capitan all afternoon. I need this track in GT7 big time. It is the best fantasy track I've ever raced around.

I've gotten into Cyberpunk 2077 (Series X/S) after their latest updates and the Black Friday Xbox digital store sale. It was the right time to jump in and I'm having a great time.

Back