What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
Still going with Shipbreaker (except for the last two nights where I took a break from cutting ships into little pieces to build a ship out of little pieces - I got a Lego Millennium Falcon), I'm not getting bored of it but I am starting to want to play other things instead just because I have so many other things on my list. But I just can't help myself (and I just unlocked the largest ship), I'm quite invested in the story now so I need to know how it ends.

Last edited:
Just finished Pentiment, and really liked it. Starts off intriguing, reaches the peak in the middle, kinda slows down near the end but the story ties itself very nicely.

Also:
11-21-2022_9-34-23_PM-ohnr2scj.png

It's not 100% complete though, it's only around 96% or so with few challenge sheets and signature takedowns still left to do. I think I had enough of it though, not looking forward to spending hours trying to fish for vertical takedowns.

I just picked up Chained Echoes last night and ended up playing it to 3AM! If Xenoblade Chronicles had a baby with Chrono Trigger, this is about what you'd get.

The first field area plus its musical theme is so on-the-bullseye for its Xenoblade inspirations, it's kind of surreal. Crafting gems crystals by combining impure crystals collected from the field; collecting respawning baubles; getting stomped on by a surprise encounter with a named Unique Monster (actual label); lore descriptions for every collectible, ingredient, and piece of junk, many of them tongue-in-cheek making them fun to read; a Collectopaedia Reward Board; men of the sea (or air)...it's all here!

The dialogue plays in my head with characterizations from Xenoblade's voice acting. I look forward to picking out subtler homages to games the developer clearly enjoyed like I did. 🐺

I think CE is going to sit next to Phoenotopia: Awakening as another extraordinary overachieving indie game that cannot get even as much attention as Rain World. It's an extremely crowded time to be releasing an indie game these days.

I sort of began a mini-Crusade to beat any Sonic game. So I am focused mostly on Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3. I came closest to beating Sonic 2. This is kind of a project for me to beat any Sonic game just to say I've finally beaten one of those games.

Downloaded The Mass Effect Legendary Edition while it's free on PS+. Never played any of Mass Effect games before and I really don't know much about the series other than it being an RPG/Adventure type thing. :lol: Looking forward to trying out the first game and seeing if it's something I can get into.

Also, playing a bit of Hades on the Switch, as well as Golf Story. Picked up Hollow Knight too but going to hold off on that for a little while.

Last edited:
I literally ragequit my entire job in Hardspace: Shipbreaker after a parallax issue saw my cutting laser explode a huge fuel tank which split the ship I was so sure I'd finally cut without incident in half, thus killing the power to the reactor's subsystems so I couldn't decommission it safely, so when it slightly clipped its housing on its way to the barge it immediately exploded. I didn't even die but just seeing the cloud of aluminium and nanocarbon shards had me heading straight back to the hab to terminate my contract and end the career mode.

I've since started Deathloop, seems like a good game but is unfortunately not a good experience on the Deck. FSR 2.0 is doing an admirable job of keeping me mostly at 60fps but the fan noise and battery life aren't "trainable", meaning it would be noisy enough to be a legitimate disturbance to people sitting near me (and the person opposite might also get the hot exhaust air in their eyes) and it wouldn't last both the journey out and home again. Also if you sleep the Deck it'll soft lock trying to connect to the server even if you're playing in single player only so you have to relaunch the game and the load times are long. Still, though, I'm having fun with it. So far it's very much like Dishonoured but with more swearing.

I am playing Need for Speed Heat, it's a fairly cool game, you get to drive around the city, one of my favorites is Palm city. And the characters are cool and you get to choose your person,ride, how you want your car to look, etc. I downloaded it for free with my PS plus subscription.

Delving deep into my backlog. I bought Witcher 3 way back, played it for a couple of hours but it never clicked so abandoned it. Now the next gen update is out I'll give it another go.

Have a 10 day break over Christmas so will probably get lost in some massive single player game - Elden Ring kicked my butt so that's off the list, RDR2 was just too damn slowburn. Maybe GoT will be the one if I still can't get on with Geralt.

Delving deep into my backlog. I bought Witcher 3 way back, played it for a couple of hours but it never clicked so abandoned it. Now the next gen update is out I'll give it another go.

Have a 10 day break over Christmas so will probably get lost in some massive single player game - Elden Ring kicked my butt so that's off the list, RDR2 was just too damn slowburn. Maybe GoT will be the one if I still can't get on with Geralt.
GoT?

Still playing Star Wars Battlefront and SW Jedi Fallen Order... also, picked up an Xbox SX about a month ago and never hooked it up (don't ask, stupid busy with work...), but finally got it hooked up and installed Forza 7. After playing for about an hour, realize that I really prefer 6, so, tomorrow I will be installing FM6. 😂

6 runs really well on SX, hard to put a finger on why but it's an improvement over XB1/X. I went back to 6 and have had a lot of fun.

Attempting to get into the mass effect trilogy as i have heard nothing but great things, so far 2 hours into mass effect 1 and can't see what all the fuss is about.

With it being an RPG I will give it a few more hours before deciding whether to move on, it was a freebie on ps plus so no need to get my moneys worth out of it.

Am playing FIFA 22
Still going with Shipbreaker (except for the last two nights where I took a break from cutting ships into little pieces to build a ship out of little pieces - I got a Lego Millennium Falcon), I'm not getting bored of it but I am starting to want to play other things instead just because I have so many other things on my list. But I just can't help myself (and I just unlocked the largest ship), I'm quite invested in the story now so I need to know how it ends.

Best shot there is CK2-AGOT (and CK3-AGOT when it drops)
I had a brief obsession with CK2 some years back but don't really have the time or setup to get the most out of those kinds of sessions now, good shout though.

Something Witcher styled in the GoT world would be very interesting though, I did enjoy the TellTale game even if it had it's fair share of flaws.

One last play through of the GTA5 story mode on PS5. Saving the assassin missions for last this time though so I can make a lot of money from the stock market.

If they could also release a 60 fps version of RDR2 that would be great, there’s no way I can go back to 30 fps now.

Attempting to get into the mass effect trilogy as i have heard nothing but great things, so far 2 hours into mass effect 1 and can't see what all the fuss is about.

With it being an RPG I will give it a few more hours before deciding whether to move on, it was a freebie on ps plus so no need to get my moneys worth out of it.
Haven't got round to downloading it yet but, like you, I have heard a lot of praise for it... hope it delivers soon!

Haven't got round to downloading it yet but, like you, I have heard a lot of praise for it... hope it delivers soon!
Sadly it still hasn't clicked for me, I'm not the biggest science fiction fan so the setting really doesn't appeal to me.

If you like that kind of setting then maybe you will have an easier time getting into it.

Just "finished" Narita Boy last night, in that I got to the final boss, finally ran out of enthusiasm and couldn't be bothered to deal with it anymore so I just watched the ending on YouTube.

It does some fun things but is generally not a great game, somehow the entire game feels like an afterthought and I have no idea how that's possible - combat is functional at best, the platforming is awful because you have too much inertia and can't make fine movements but it wants you to do some fairly precise stuff and it's supposed to be a Metroidvania but as far as I could tell it never actually lets you run into a dead end you need an upgrade to progress through until after you have the upgrade anyway, so it's just about backtracking to get keys which makes it as much of a Metroidvania as Doom is.

Anyway, back to Deathloop I think.

Sort of having the same issue with Mass Effect. Really enjoyed the opening sequence but spending a couple of hours afterwards doing side quests for random NPC's, got a bit tedious. Going to persist with it though, because it has me interested enough to see how the story develops.

Sort of having the same issue with Mass Effect. Really enjoyed the opening sequence but spending a couple of hours afterwards doing side quests for random NPC's, got a bit tedious. Going to persist with it though, because it has me interested enough to see how the story develops.
Well after the comment from TypeRDC5, I decided to leave Mass Effect (and RDR2)(again) and start Sniper Elite 5 instead.

Sniper Elite is good. A bit janky at times but that didn't ruin my enjoyment of it at all. Loved exploring the levels.
V2 was a bit of a disappointment, but I really enjoyed playing both 3 and 4, so I thought 5 was a pretty safe bet. Managed to get it silly cheap as well, so can't go wrong!

Initial impressions are it is very slightly more refined than 4 but, like you, I am completely fine with that as I really enjoy exploring the levels.

@tbtstt I liked V2, it was the first game since maybe the PS2 days where I played the demo a whole lot, obviously it turned out the demo was the best bit and it wasn't a great game by any means but I enjoyed it for what it was. Weirdly I got really bored of 3 almost instantly but loved 4, I'm starting to think maybe I was just in a bad mood so I should try it again. I'm probably going to buy 5 in the next Steam sale which starts on Thursday.

Even though I spent some downtime earlier counting and I've bought more games this year than in the last two years combined... But I tell myself it's OK because I've played more of the games I bought this year than the last three years combined. I don't even think that's true but it feels like it could be.

Hey guys I was just wondering about these games since they are on sale right now on PSN.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is only like $5
Watch Dogs Legion Gold Edition is like $13

Anyone recommend these at these prices? I know Legion isn't well received and tbh I'm interested only because I'm really bored right now and that Gold Edition gives Aiden Pearce as one of the playable characters which is good since I don't really like to play as multiple characters. Watch Dogs 2 was fun but I didn't really like the hipster vibe of it.

Legion has its high moment, but at the same time its not as good as previous games. Great idea, poor realisation. If you don't like concept of multiple characters, I don't think you would like it.
I am planning on playing the full game as Aiden lol

Latest Posts

Back