What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
I am planning on playing the full game as Aiden lol
Id' say for that price there is plenty to do in the Ubisoft tradition and it looks gorgeous, even just driving round can be enjoyable.

Story is the usual hacker rebellion fare but the open world sandbox is still tonnes of fun to mess around with.

Anyone have any opinions on Rust on console? Currently on sale on PSN but I found DayZ to be very frustrating on PS and not the experience you can have on PC, is it the same with Rust? It's the kind of game I'd really like to get into but I'm not really up for starving to death over and over gameplay loop if it just takes forever to get anything going.

@tbtstt I liked V2, it was the first game since maybe the PS2 days where I played the demo a whole lot, obviously it turned out the demo was the best bit and it wasn't a great game by any means but I enjoyed it for what it was. Weirdly I got really bored of 3 almost instantly but loved 4, I'm starting to think maybe I was just in a bad mood so I should try it again. I'm probably going to buy 5 in the next Steam sale which starts on Thursday.

Even though I spent some downtime earlier counting and I've bought more games this year than in the last two years combined... But I tell myself it's OK because I've played more of the games I bought this year than the last three years combined. I don't even think that's true but it feels like it could be.
I think the series made notable progression from 3 to 4, nothing radically changed between the two, but lots of little improvements that made it much better overall. 4 was (in my personal opinion) easily the best game in the series to that point. The DLC levels were excellent as well.

Finished exploring the first level of 5 last night and, if they are all like this, then I think 5 is even more detailed than 4. I had a few issues with the camera settings (the default scroll speeds seem way higher than 4?), but a bit of fiddling and it feels like it should. Movement and general gameplay seem great so far and some of the new/tweaked gameplay mechanics immediately remind me of Hitman (which I don't think is a bad thing).

Well after the comment from TypeRDC5, I decided to leave Mass Effect (and RDR2)(again) and start Sniper Elite 5 instead.

Mass effect trilogy is one of the best series/games in my 35 year gaming career. 2nd one probably the best of the 3 imo. Hope you have enough enthusiasm left to try again as its incredible imo.and I'm not a big sci fi fan at all.

Maybe hasn't aged well, i played them when released.

Couldn't get into rdr2 either. I'm also giving witcher 3 another go sfter Xmas. Played for 30 hours couple of years ago and just found it dull and cant understand all the hype around it still ... perhaps like some on here feel about mass effect.

Skyrim still the king for me in those types of games and in my top 5 of all time.

Last edited:
I've been playing a game called Breakdown, because I saw an ad for in on one of the billboard of Ridge Racer 6 and it intrigued me when I learned it was available for backward compatibility.

From what I could see on Google, it seemed like a cult masterpiece for a lot of people who played it. Having played a little of it before the game threw out my entire save, I can see why they like it so much. And I can also see why it got never popular to begin with when it released because game itself plays kinda unevenly, but the game itself is fascinatingly bizarre. It has got to be one of the most interesting game I've ever played this year.

Last edited:
Ridge Racer 2. Never new this one came out on psp. Now it is available via psplus and it is so great racing on the old tracks. Still a pity we don’t get the original games. Would love to be able to play Ridge Racer Type 4….

Ridge Racer 2. Never new this one came out on psp. Now it is available via psplus and it is so great racing on the old tracks. Still a pity we don’t get the original games. Would love to be able to play Ridge Racer Type 4….
I played some of this and love it! Wish it had trophy support.

Beating Miles Morales and Unbound. This year was BIG for my gaming experience.
Is it time for yearly top?
1) We happy few. Hidden gem. Its not perfect, but storytelling is groundbreaking.
2) Hitman Trilogy. Awesome. Bloodmoney still best, but Trilogy is great.
3) CoDMWII. Less than months in game and already most played game this year. Good campaign, good coop, mediocre MP, mediocre BR, awesome DMZ.
4) CoD: BOCW Zombies. Great fun.
5) Unbound. Best NFS since MW12. Interesting high stakes gameplay, decent arcade handling, awesome combination of soundtrack, visuals and style.
6) Days Gone. Great characters, good gameplay.
7) Middle Earth:SoW. Great assassin's creed clone.
8) Spiderman and Miles Morales. Good game and I am not an Spiderman fan.
9) Uncharted 4+TLL. Good game.
10) Death loop. Good game, but Arkane could do better.
11) Guardians of the Galaxy. Good story and visuals, awesome soundtrack, unimpressive gameplay.
12) FarCry 6. Worst mainline FarCry, but still good game.
13) Dishonored 2:DotO. Good game, but Arkane could do better.
14) Horizon ZD. Good assassin's creed clone.
15) GoW. Good cinematic experience, bad game.
16) Gotham Knights. Mediocre game.
17) Halo Infinite. Not bad, but not great either.
18) Control. Not a fan of Remedy games since MP2. Overcomplicated and gameplay is unimpressive.

Honourable mention - Crew 2. Somehow its still one of my most played games.

Merry Christmas to all my unorthodox friends!

Merry Christmas everyone! My kid's in bed and everyone who's still up is in a food coma so to fight the boredom I've counted up all the games I've mentioned here this year... I'm really bored. Anyway, there were 73 in total and I finished about 40 of them, mostly (at least three quarters or four fifths) on my Steam Deck but also on PC, PS4 Pro and Vita 1000.

The 2022 releases I played were Citizen Sleeper, Stray, One Dreamer, Frog Detective 3, Hardspace: Shipbreaker and Gran Turismo 7. Citizen Sleeper was by far my favourite and is now one of my top 10 all time favourite games, meanwhile GT7 was the biggest disappointment I've seen in ages and so far hasn't redeemed itself (but who knows, maybe it will eventually?)

It's been a mixed year for me generally - my first year as a dad and a tough year at work - but while we might not actually interact much with each others' posts in this thread, it's been fun hanging out here. Here's to 2023!

Merry Christmas!!
I've just finished another Masters championship on Dirt Rally in 1st place in the R4 category.
Now for one more run up the hill then I will finally embrace/allow myself to play DR2. 😃🎄🎄

Last edited:
I just finished Deathloop, annoyingly as I've played offline almost the entire time Steam didn't track my play time so I have no idea how long it took but it was a fun ride. It actually has a surprisingly Borderlands-ish vibe to it that I wasn't expecting, though obviously the writing is in a whole different league. It hasn't blown me away or anything but it was a reasonably tight game considering it was built on backtracking.
Killing the last three visionaries at the party was a really good way to end it though, it was a nice challenge although I'm a little sad I didn't get to use my big laser gun on anyone. Or the sniper rifle, for that matter. I wasn't sure if a headshot would kill a visionary so thought better of attempting a shoot and scoot on Egor and instead risked a lot on a hasty but stealthy machete in the face-style kill. I knew when I saw he and Wenjie hanging out that one of them would do something to the other but I didn't expect her to kick him through a skylight, I regretted not taking the opportunity to kill them both at once but I didn't think I'd win a gunfight with two visionaries (one with a laser gun) and six eternalists.

I'm not sure I want to get straight into Cyberpunk 2077 next, I think I need something shorter than that. Maybe Adios, just so I can fit one more game into 2022.

Edit: yep, started and finished Adios right after I posted this, not much to it but it was really well written and acted. Still not ready for Cyberpunk just yet!

Last edited:
Streets of rage 4 was down to £10 in the January sale on psn so me and my friend bought it to play co op. He hasn't yet had the time to play it so I've been doing it solo and from what I have played so far it's £10 well spent.

When the music starts the nostalgia kicks in and luckily the gameplay has aged very well too. Highly recommend it to anyone else who spent the their childhood playing streets of rage on the megadrive/genesis.

I checked my hours played on my PS5 and the three biggest numbers were for Destiny 2 currently standing at 4,956 hours. Second was Elite Dangerous at 2,320 hours and third was Destiny 1 which was 1,851 hours. The latter is not bad for a game I traded in on 68 hours back in the day.... GT7 was just 431 hours.

Streets of rage 4 was down to £10 in the January sale on psn so me and my friend bought it to play co op. He hasn't yet had the time to play it so I've been doing it solo and from what I have played so far it's £10 well spent.

When the music starts the nostalgia kicks in and luckily the gameplay has aged very well too. Highly recommend it to anyone else who spent the their childhood playing streets of rage on the megadrive/genesis.
There have been a few retro game reboots/sequels in recent years and SoR 4 is one of the best in my opinion. Plays like the original games, but with some well applied modern touches.

Not sure if the deal you got includes it already, but the DLC is worth picking up as well.

Jumping back into FIFA 23 over the holidays and it's nice to see it's improved since launch on the default settings.

I'm not too interested in messing around with the game sliders to get a decent experience so it's annoying having to do so when it was just awful at launch.

Now it seems, while still quick, to be better balanced pace wise and I haven't noticed the 'skatey' animations as much, if at all. The AI attacking is also improved with them looking to be more direct instead of just passing you to death and cheesing goals that way.

The better pacing has made online a bit more fun as well, when it was pure pinball on launch and hilariously stupid to watch.

With all the new additions to atmosphere and cut scenes and details etc. I'm glad it's actually playable now without having to mess around 'under the hood' which I've never done for a FIFA before and not interested in now.

Worth giving it a go if you've been staying away waiting for them to fix it. It's at least on the right path.

Last edited:
There have been a few retro game reboots/sequels in recent years and SoR 4 is one of the best in my opinion. Plays like the original games, but with some well applied modern touches.

Not sure if the deal you got includes it already, but the DLC is worth picking up as well.
Loved that I was able to play with a group online, brought me right back to childhood playing with mates, but with that modern touch to it. Really enjoyable game, steal for a tenner.

Last edited:

No it didn't come with the DLC but will definately check it out when I complete the main game, very impressed with this reboot.

No it didn't come with the DLC but will definately check it out when I complete the main game, very impressed with this reboot.
If you have a PC there is a SOR Remake, free to download. It's like a greatest hits of the first three games. It's absolutely wonderful. V5.2 is the latest and best version to get.

Playing GoW:R, amazing game, playing Cyberpunk 2077, amazing as well even if there's still a lots of crashes on my 1080.
Also playing Street Fighter 5 having fun mastering (at my level) Kage. And jumping on GT7 whenever there's an update, not really fancying online atm.

If you have a PC there is a SOR Remake, free to download. It's like a greatest hits of the first three games. It's absolutely wonderful. V5.2 is the latest and best version to get.
YouTube'd it and it does look very good.
Dont have a PC to play it on unfortunately.

Picked up Mariokart 8 deluxe in the Nintendo sale. It has put a smile on my face in a way the usual games I play don't. Got the expansion for the extra tracks as well.

Makes me wish for an F-Zero game from Nintendo and a new power drift game from Sega.

Last edited:
Picked up Mariokart 8 deluxe in the Nintendo sale. It has put a smile on my face in a way the usual games I play don't. Got the expansion for the extra tracks as well.

Makes me wish for an F-Zero game from Nintendo and a new power drift game from Sega.
The game is fun, I’m just so terrible at it.

Yeah, I recently jumped back into SoR4 (on Switch though) after finally getting around to picking up the DLC for it. Forgot what an excellent game it was. The gameplay, visuals and the soundtrack are absolutely top notch. It's one of those games that's great to chuck on, even for just a quick 10-20 minute blast.

I'm playing Project Wingman now, it is absolutely ridiculous how similar to Ace Combat 7 it is - I'm pretty sure they even have the same voice actor for the AWACS guy. Sadly, though, the bits where it differs from AC7 are all to its detriment, although that's not to say I don't like it as much as AC7 purely because it isn't AC7 (I do miss the JPEG dog though). Targeting is a complete mess, you'd expect it to choose the target nearest your point of aim when you press the button to change target but it doesn't, I don't know how it decides what to target next but it's extremely unhelpful, fortunately I don't mind using guns though. It doesn't have checkpoints either but does still have the unrealistically mega agile, mega durable boss fights and sometimes will couple a mission with lots of ground targets with a boss dogfight, so you have to choose a suboptimal plane for the mission in order to have a chance of beating the boss, which is dumb and I hate it.

That said, I did really enjoy AC7 and this does feel a lot like a total conversion mod of it which is great, it's also not super long at about 10-12 hours and 21 missions, I think I'm almost finished.

Then it'll be Cyberpunk 2077 time!

Edit: finished Project Wingman, boy did it annoy the hell out of me at the end there. The last few missions were extremely target rich so the awful targeting I mentioned above made it miserable, in the penultimate mission I actually observed it bouncing between one specific SAM and one specific AA on one ship when I had about six ships on screen, and they belonged to the ship furthest away from my jet and also furthest from my point of aim, meanwhile the ship I was actually aiming at evaded my attempts to lock on so I just dumb fired missiles and guns at it, this was a very common theme and it's just really bad. The final boss... Let me put it this way, I decided about ten minutes into the fight that if I lost I'd just watch the ending on YT and uninstall it because there was NO WAY I was going to do that twice. Luckily I survived though.

I have since started Cyberpunk 2077, seems OK so far but I've only played up to the VR tutorials, I'm playing as a female V with the nomad background.

Last edited:
I just picked up WRC Generations from GameFly so I am excited to give that a try. Got it for PS5 but if I end up buying it because I really like it, I may consider getting it for Xbox or maybe I can try the wheel on PS5 and see if I really dig it for PS5.

Since my last post here I've finished Citizen Sleeper (main game), which I loved.

I've started playing Ghost Song and The Legend of Tianding, but gave up on both of them. They looked promising, but neither "clicked" and I quickly left them.

I've then decided to go on another Mass Effect: Legendary Edition journey and started and finished ME2 during the holiday season. Can't say that I liked it as much as ME1, but it was a great experience nonetheless.

Latest game I started was Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition, but now I'm bummed because it will be leaving Game Pass in two weeks and, most likely, I won't be able to finish it.

And, of course, I've been addicted to Vampire Survivors. :dopey:

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
gzL6Rog.jpg

KBpTPYs.jpg

Vpn5u9J.jpg

The Legend of Tianding
fiz4mvX.jpg

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition
RQIiNuj.jpg

Vampire Survivors
9fhRz9t.png

Also, these are some of my highlights from 2022:
CRyL0ckh.png

Last edited:
This is more a roundup of games I played recently. I originally wanted to shop for games on GOG, but since my card couldn't accept international offers with the gift card I was using, I did my shopping on Steam. Irrelevant stuff aside, here's my roundup:

* I tried Intrude on Steam. Intrude is a by-the-book modern Wolfenstein 3D clone. It operates a lot differently than Wolfenstein, and not really as fun as such older Wolf3D clones. The lack of customization in controls make it hard to find a combination to enjoy playing with. It took me some time to realize you use the W, A, S, and D keys to move, and you turn left and right using your mouse. You can only save your progress by clearing each level. Be careful here- because if you don't have a lot of health or ammo, that carries into the next stage, leaving you at a potential disadvantage. Everything is all pixelated and kind of low-res. So don't expect any spectacular visuals here. I am stuck on this one level where you basically have to do a combination of speedrunning (which I strongly discourage and hate) and wrecking every enemy along the way while trying to avoid getting killed by these death lasers. I just wish the game was a bit more forgiving and helpful. Otherwise, not a bad game for you classic first-person shooter types.

* I tried Re-Volt. Re-Volt was a game that made remote control racing bonkers. It is like a more extreme "R.C. Pro-Am" (cool points if you remember and played those games!). People say RVGL is better, but I haven't had any luck getting RVGL to work. It will try to load a few files but end up hanging to where I have no choice but to shut down the non-responding program. So I'm going to stick with Re-Volt for now to prevent frustration and anger trying to get another program to work. As for Re-Volt itself, it is very fascinating and bonkers. I haven't yet won a race yet, and I am getting used to the driving model of these remote control cars.

* After years of hearing how good it is but never playing it, I embarked on the journey of Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope. I originally wanted to get the "Treasure Trove" package, but I chose not to unless I was satisfied with Shovel Knight in its base form. My goodness... this game is amazing! It's like the perfect marriage of DuckTales and MegaMan (the DuckTales games on NES used the MegaMan engine), but the game is more akin to DuckTales than MegaMan.

* What more can I say about Shantae: Risky Boots Revenge (Director's Cut?" Absolutely fun to play! I got rather indulged in it. You know the feeling in such games- you want to play for a few minutes... and those few minutes end up being a few hours. Yeah- it's THAT good. I went with the oldest Shantae because I wanted to get the old experience before thinking if I want to take on any expansion packs or anything.

There are some other things I Bought from Steam, so I'll discuss more titles I tried out lately once I get around to doing so.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 so far is exceeding my expectations, but that's probably because my expectations were very low. I haven't gotten very far though as I've probably played a total of 2-3 hours or so, I've only just met Dex so as far as I know I'm still in the sort of prologue. As such I don't have much to say except that even at 720p 30fps with all the weird ghostly effect that FSR 2.1 gives you on a tiny Deck screen, it's pretty immersive, the audio probably helps a lot in that regard. I did just try it briefly on my 27" 1440p monitor (at 720p though) and, like, it actually looks fine (as in, perfectly playable) but 30fps with such a large screen, keyboard and mouse just feels disgusting.

I took a quick break to test a game I took a punt on during the Steam sale, OverDrift Festival, which seemed like a combination of CarX: Drift Racing Online and Forza Horizon, but I refunded it - 15 quid is too much for such a lifeless, confusing, unexplained game even if the drifting was actually pretty fun (but not as fun as in either CarX or Forza). I mean, it's half the price NFS: Unbound is currently, which is just too much. It also took maybe my least favourite thing from an Ace Combat game, the tech tree, and applied it to not only cars but also tuning parts too, except it's not just a case of earning enough money, you also need enough "likes" to research things before you buy them. Pretty dumb!

Latest Posts

Back