What GT versions did the Standard cars come from?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blank_Redge
  • 20 comments
  • 1,218 views
Messages
743
United States
Los Angeles area, CA
Are they all from GT4? Because there's a few models that look absolutely HORRENDOUS by today's standards.

(Apologies if this thread has been done before; wasn't sure how to phrase the Search criteria.)
 
Not all of them. The NOMAD Diablo is from GT3 and the Veyron is from GTPSP.
 
I'm fairly certain the Mercedes CLK touring car and the Motul Civic are from GT3 (at the least.) The texture maps are VERY blocky / pixely on those.
 
The Bugatti Veyron is from GT5. 👍
 
The way I see it, a lot of cars started in GT1, and have been refined and tweeked for every new release.

first off, the FTO LM car, Calsonic r32 GTR, for instance.

early forms were seen in GT1, and they continue to be fine-tuned to what we have today.

I think of it as car evolution.
 
The way I see it, a lot of cars started in GT1, and have been refined and tweeked for every new release.

first off, the FTO LM car, Calsonic r32 GTR, for instance.

early forms were seen in GT1, and they continue to be fine-tuned to what we have today.
Yar; but some of the models they're using in GT5 are clearly older than GT4 or GT for PSP. I was just curious if anyone knew how far back they reached for models.
 
Yar; but some of the models they're using in GT5 are clearly older than GT4 or GT for PSP. I was just curious if anyone knew how far back they reached for models.

yes, totally what i'm saying, too. I think they've gone all the way back for some cars....


But the way that GT works is that PD started in the mid 90's w/ GT1.

and a LOT of the cars stretch back years. for each new release they "upgrade" their car-list to the newer game's resolution, add a few new ones, and carry on until the next release.


I can tell which cars came from which game, simply because I've owned them all.
 
^^^ You're no fun :p
 
Jaguar XFR '10 has not been in any GT before GT5.
 
I´d be interested, if there´s any car that has been part of ALL GT episodes?
 
I´d be interested, if there´s any car that has been part of ALL GT episodes?

'93 Calsonic R32
'95 TOM'S supra JGTC
Arta, RAYBRIG, MOTUL NSX
most of the standard Japanese cars built before and up to '96 = GT1

American muscle cars, euro cars and Japanese cars up to '00 = GT2

Japanese, Euro historics (pre 1970's) = GT3
 
'93 Calsonic R32
'95 TOM'S supra JGTC
Arta, RAYBRIG, MOTUL NSX
most of the standard Japanese cars built before and up to '96 = GT1

American muscle cars, euro cars and Japanese cars up to '00 = GT2

Japanese, Euro historics (pre 1970's) = GT3

Wow, you seem to be proper encyclopedia, mate. 👍
 
Most of them come from GT4... BUT also many of the models in GT4 come from GT3... meaning some of the cars in this game have 10 year old digital models...

Examples are the C5R Vette, the team oreca Vipers, Lister Storm, GT-One, and the most notable of all, the Nomad Diablo (maybe the most horrendous looking race car in the game)...

Some other cars that have been here since GT1 are:

-Camaro Z28 '97
-Chevy Corvette Grand Sport
-TVR Grifith 500
-Toyota Supra RZ '97
-And several Mitsubishis, Nissans and Toyotas...
 
Good point... Why it is a standard car remains a mystery :sick:

It also looks like it can not be bought. Only won. I don't think anybody have seen it in the UCD. :confused:
 
Is the '95 TOM'S Supra JGTC in GT5? I have seen the 1997 and 2001 only...
 
The Furai is from GTPSP as well.
 
Back