[WHAT HAPPENS?] - Let's face it, why is Polyphony Digital so slow in content production?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by BrunusCL82, Jan 4, 2018.

1. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

This is why I love the series so much. It's a quality product.

2. Tornado

Tornado

It's not a "Japanese culture" thing. It's not a "Polyphony Digital employees are so passionate and dedicated to perfection that they never go home" thing. It's a "videogame industry" thing.

To be perfectly frank, there's nothing particularly special about PD employees working such long hours that they might as well (and do) sleep at work.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  3. Blown03Cobra

Blown03Cobra

From what I have been reading since release is that they indeed started completely over. The content created for GTS is so detailed that the PS4 and televisions available on the market are nowhere near powerful enough to actually show the detail. It was done this way so that they won't have to start over again in the future. The plan is to slowly but surely just continue adding content.

Just imagine how detailed it really is if Sony used GTS to show off their new 85" 8k TV.

ViperV10 and usmaan like this.
  4. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

I'd like to note I wasn't necessarily talking about culture, just labor laws and what could or couldn't be allowed. Although, I guess there could be correlation? Hmmm.

5. V12orchestra

V12orchestra

Is the game still played ? I am not playing it since mid december , i have to get a PS Plus sub . Btw i think that PD should change their working method . You can't a release a game with less than 20 tracks in 4 years . Forza has better looking tracks and they are a looot more . PD excels on car models though , their attention to detail shines there .

6. Tornado

Tornado

Whether it's actually allowed or not in the country in question doesn't have much effect on its occurrence, since there's frequently no additional compensation for such working conditions.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018