What have you bought today?

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 4' started by Terronium-12, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

2011 Aston Martin V12 Zagato (Villa d’Este) (red)
    1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P (red)
    2012 Ultima GTR (dark green)
    1969 Chevrolet Nova SS 396 (bright yellow)
    2010 Renault Clio RS (bright green)
    1966 Ford Country Squire (pale yellow)
    1995 BMW 850CSi (dark green)
    1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6 (red)
    2011 Wiesmann GT MF5 (brownish copper)
    1969 Chevrolet Corvair Monza (dark copper)

Yes, I bought everything in the March DLC. I only had time to drive one car before I had to go to work. It was the Corvair. I ran it bone stock in one of the multi-class races, won it in a walk. First car I drive when I get home: Country Squire.

2. imported_eSZee

imported_eSZee

Sweet! I could use it as a reward in one of the comps I'm helping out with.

3. t.o.

t.o.

I bought these cars:

4. Siggesvag

Siggesvag

Bought a lot of Ferrari's today to get the achievement because I had 32mil credits. Last time I checked I had 10 million. Now I have 800k. Did the production Ferrari races in a 599XX and I'm a little disappointed in that car thought it was going to be easy but had trouble wining against FXX and 458 Challenge.

5. doctorrg

doctorrg

You could have left yourself with a bigger buffer, after all, we seem to be allowed $100M. How are you going to snap up all the good bargains now? I've just scored another two GTOs in the low-mid 8s over breakfast. Nice. :D

6. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

More like what I have bought lately (and today):

- Ferrari GTO (Auction House) won it for 32k-something when it goes for 320k. Score.
    - '70 Camaro Z28 for the Rivals event
    - Bimmer 850CSi
    - Alfa GTV-6

7. imported_eSZee

imported_eSZee

Done with the AH. Wasted weeks in that place and regretting it now.

8. VXR

VXR

A few 850s and a Country Squire.

9. doctorrg

doctorrg

I'd say give me another couple of weeks to get it fully out of my system, and then I'll likely be there too. Was madness again today. Was bidding on (and winning) 250 GTOs on one end, and putting them up for short 2 hour auctions on the other, so I wouldn't run out of money for the upcoming bids. :crazy:

10. Gotbeefboy564

Gotbeefboy564

the new ford wagon and the bmw 850i

11. Ford Country Squire for Drag Racing (A class)
    Chevy Corvair for road racing (A class)

The Wagon isn't too good for drag. The Corvair is amazing when you get the weight a little more centered. I put the V8 out of the 02 Camaro in it with almost all the handling upgrades and it doesn't understeer that much or oversteer for that matter. That Corvair is a good sleeper car.

12. deadlydc

deadlydc

After getting the Huayra though the king of the track challenge, I decided to complete my Pagani collection. I had to pay full price for the C12 and #17 race car, but hopefully I win the ZondaR on auction house at less than 20% retail.:p

13. Xavier2342

Xavier2342

• '66 Ford Country Squire [B500]
      I thought I'd be able to make this a nice A600 driver, but left at B500.
    • '95 BMW 850Csi [A600]
    • '95 Ford Mustang Cobra R [A600]
      My buddy has a turbocharged '95 Mustang GT and I tried to recreate his car in the game.
    • '69 Chevrolet Nova SS 396 [A600]
      Finally this car is in the game!
    • '64 Aston Martin DB5 Vantage [A600]
    • '69 Chevrolet Corvair Monza [A600]
      LS1 swap, American Racing Torque Thrust II wheels and supporting mods for A600.

14. killer450235

killer450235 (Banned)

I bought the 2010 Wiesmann MF5, it's a great car :tup:.

For some reason I'm getting faster times in the 2010 version than the 2011 version :confused:.

15. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

The only car I've bought so far is a NA Miata. I'm at level 20 and I'm so content with getting a free car every time I level up, that I'd rather just save up credits. Almost have 800,000 Cr. now. Only thing I've really been buying lately is parts.

But my favorite free car right now is the De Tomaso Pantera. It's one of my favorite cars and it's a shame that it hasn't appeared in many racing games. The only other game I know it's in is Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3.

16. AoH x Punks

AoH x Punks

Aston Martin V12 Zagato.
    Very good handling

17. MobySPD68

MobySPD68

'66 Ford Country Squire , tuned it to S classe 699 and AWD with a little F&F vinyl added.
    It won't win any races I guess, but it sure looks cool racing around in it.
    Before that I got a Aston Martin Zagato. tuned it to S700 and I love that car. So much i bought another later on and tuned that to R3 class. Grip and handling are very well, just find a tune that it get some speed also.

18. GTMail

GTMail

Aston Martin Zagato. She is so much sexier without the wing. Too bad the handling sucks now.

19. imported_eSZee

imported_eSZee

I'm surprised you guys are buying the zagato. We'll all be getting one in a couple of weeks from one of the rivals events.

20. GTMail

GTMail

Really?... Crap.

21. Chagen46

Chagen46 (Banned)

2010 has less downforce, I think. So if the track doesn't really need downforce (like Silverstone or Road Atlanta), the 2010 might be somewhat faster.

22. VXR

VXR

An SVT Focus, with race cams, ITBs, race brakes, an LSD and 18" wheels.

I like these simple tunes for getting the most out of hi-po FWD cars at the moment.

23. killer450235

killer450235 (Banned)

Yea I was going around Nurburgring GP with the car. Also it has quite a bit less torque then the 2011, so I could also just be going around corners faster.

24. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Handling rating? or the actual drive of the vehicle? I havnt used it with the wing yet, but i took it off as soon as i bought the car. It doesnt seem to handle to bad for me, but its just a bit underpowered compared to alot of the S Class cars.

25. Wiggs

Wiggs

Ferrari Dino...it makes a surprisingly good B class car.

26. imported_eSZee

imported_eSZee

That's good to know. I've yet to drive the car but have high hopes for it.

27. Xavier2342

Xavier2342

After holding out on purchasing cars for awhile now, today I decided to have go on a small shopping spree :D .

• '71 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P (I love the sound and the handling of this car.)
    • '00 Ford Mustang Cobra R (Long overdue)
    • '54 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing Coupe (It's not stock)
    • '10 Mercedes-Benz CL 65 AMG (My Brabus wannabe)
    • '09 Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG
    • '11 Panoz Racing Abruzzi (I wanted another GT2 group car to my collection, and I need Panoz Affinity points)
    • '11 Telsa Roadster Sport (Jeez this car is quiet...)
    • '10 Ford Fusion Sport (2,930 LBS, 825 HP/650 LB-FT, and RWD conversion grocery getter)
    • '12 Pagani Huayra (Another one that's been long overdue)

28. doctorrg

doctorrg

I've dropped $6.5M on a painted 1997 Acura NSX today. :crazy:

And I see eSZee got himself another 250 TR. ;) Thought you were done with the Auction House? Or are you still converting cash into cars?

29. imported_eSZee

imported_eSZee

Yeah, I bought a few TRs.
    My plan to buy GT0s at their peak backfired. I made and additional 10,000,000 off the 27 cars I bought. So to keep profit minimal, this time I bought 30 some TRs and there's no way I'll make money on those. This time it will work.

30. doctorrg

doctorrg

I know, because you bought one of mine. ;) And no, I don't think you're going to make much profit buying at those prices. Sorry to hear you made another $10M on those GTOs. :lol: