What have you done to your car today?

Added some Oil to frankenbenz, and fed it a whole jug of washer fliud (it wasn't even empty!) and $20 of diesel # 2 in the tank (people give you such nasty looks when you fill a car up with it running)

Added some Oil to frankenbenz, and fed it a whole jug of washer fliud (it wasn't even empty!) and $20 of diesel # 2 in the tank (people give you such nasty looks when you fill a car up with it running)

When I had my Biscayne, I had to fill it with the car running.. otherwise the solenoid in the starter would seize up and not want to start again if I shut it off. The filler cap is behind the rear license plate, and I got some funny looks at the filling station. :lol: It probably did look like I was going to pour gas on the exhaust pipes, though.

When I had my Biscayne, I had to fill it with the car running.. otherwise the solenoid in the starter would seize up and not want to start again if I shut it off. The filler cap is behind the rear license plate, and I got some funny looks at the filling station. :lol: It probably did look like I was going to pour gas on the exhaust pipes, though.

ugh, don't remind me that the car probably needs a solenoid in the near future, along with tires, an oil change (maybe this weekend along with my car and my friends E320) and a new body :guilty:

ugh, don't remind me that the car probably needs a solenoid in the near future, along with tires, an oil change (maybe this weekend along with my car and my friends E320) and a new body :guilty:

I'm sorry?

A new body!? :scared: Please elaborate on that one..

(And you just reminded me that a rock poked a hole in my headlight casing.. I'll need a new one.. or two)

frankenbenz (gf's car) is getting a little rusty around the edges

ok, maybe a lot rusty

Ugh. Fe2O3 is bad. I hope the ND winter doesn't eat my car away. I would be sad. But even if the body gets eaten away, it will probably still start and drive.

Ugh. Fe2O3 is bad. I hope the ND winter doesn't eat my car away. I would be sad. But even if the body gets eaten away, it will probably still start and drive.

I imagine if it ever fell apart it would still run fine, but unlike 123s, 124s have good rust proofing so I wouldn't worry too much, just give it a good bath (including undercarriage) at the end of the season

Replaced front brake rotors, pads, and wear sensors. Sadly the service brakes light is still on, so I'm assuming I'll be doing the rears in the near future.
Swapped the summer tires for the winter ones. While the car was off the ground I pulled the right rear caliper and confirmed it does indeed need rear brakes as well. I've never had that happen before. They must have hit the sensors within a day or two of each other.

Today I removed some dumb stickers off the window, situated my driving position, set up the stereo, and took some pictures.

Yesterday I bought it.

Today I just went for a drive to learn the roads to the north a bit better.

Yesterday I washed it. I need to detail it properly, but I have little to no idea how.

Get a Dyson, which is the most awesome vacuum EVER. Also, some simple cleaning wipes and maybe some shiny stuff. It's pretty simple. Oh and some perfume to make it smell good.

Today I added antifreeze, wiper fluid, and replaced the rear wiper blade. I stuffed some jumper cables next to the spare tire, and made sure it still held air. (I honestly don't think the spare has ever touched the ground) I also armorall-ed the dashboard and steering wheel.

Yesterday I was with some friends so we went to one of the biggest parking lots in Overland Park to do donuts. (snow was on the ground.. :))

There were four other cars doing them. :D

It was fun. Two three series, a honda civic, and an F-150. Only us and one 3 series stayed.. It was so much fun. We had some "drifts" going in succession, and were doing laps of the lot. I also spun the car out, and it made the fuel pump hiccup, and the engine stopped. :ouch:

I'm off to Colorado tomorrow with a friend. ROAD TRIP!!

I washed it Wedndesday, and today it's completely covered in road salt again :grumpy:

Though in washing I noticed a few deep stone chips on the front that may need sorting sooner rather than later.

I replaced the stock wipers with Bosch Icons, best $40 I've spent on my car so far. I also added Rain-X de-icer washer fluid.

The Rain-X washer fluid is the best $3 you'll ever spend, too. It's all I ever use.

Forgot to post yesterday, but I finally put the front end back on my car, and only need to replace my distributor cap before it should be in total working order again. SHOULD being a key word...

I put this awesome sticker inside of my car.

It says:
"This Mazda is Equipped with a Rotary Engine. Due to possible breathing problems under heavy acceleration, all females are advised to remove all tight fitting or constrictive clothing for safety"

Sorry, the picture didn't come out as good as I wanted it too.

Yesterday, I drove my car up into the mountains. Today, I "traded it in" for a MkV Jetta. I wonder how many things VW will find wrong with it.

Bought it a Christmas present:
Master Steering Wheel Lock

11D9F7GHYWL._AA260_.jpg

I put this awesome sticker inside of my car.

It says:
"This Mazda is Equipped with a Rotary Engine. Due to possible breathing problems under heavy acceleration, all females are advised to remove all tight fitting or constrictive clothing for safety"

Sorry, the picture didn't come out as good as I wanted it too.
DO NOT give your mom a ride in your car. Or a fat chick.

Anyways, I adjusted my air pressure in my tires, the fronts keep deflating. I might need to buy a bottle a fix-a-flat and put a bit into each tire.

Yesterday, I drove my car up into the mountains. Today, I "traded it in" for a MkV Jetta. I wonder how many things VW will find wrong with it.

Whats wrong with the GTI? Back in Seattle I see...

Funny. Nobody seems to know what is wrong. They thought it was the fuel line and that would have been a quick fix but it looks like they will keep it for a few days.

The Jetta is a solid car though. Suspension aside, I am very impressed with overall quality compared with the GTI considering the 2.5 is a lower model.

Had to change the front tires on our V70, they were positively ruined. Then went in for winter rubber on our XC90.

Yesterday a friend and I drove a Volvo 240 Polar to Amsterdam and leaked 4 liters of coolant. :sly:

Had to change the front tires on our V70, they were positively ruined. Then went in for winter rubber on our XC90.

Yesterday a friend and I drove a Volvo 240 Polar to Amsterdam and leaked 4 liters of coolant. :sly:

Volvos suck! Now listen to my song! ♪Wilhelmus van Nassouwe ben ik, van Duitsen bloed,den vaderland getrouwe blijf ik tot in den dood♪

Anyway yesterday I spent a while trying to figure out why the bottom of my engine is a bit oily. Answer is my sump seems to have a slow leak in it, the fun thing is that some of it's getting on one of the driveshafts which was whipping it up pretty much all over the place. I'm debating if I should just change it for a new sump along with a new sump gasket set because it looks in pretty crap shape anyway.

Back