What have you done to your car today?

image.jpeg

Got leather seats in, front and rear plus door cards and various bits and pieces including dash trim for a bargain a while ago and found the time. Really happy with it!

image.jpeg

New tires and a wheel alignment for the GTO. I could use a few tips on how to remove peel coat/plastidip safely from paint.

New tires and a wheel alignment for the GTO. I could use a few tips on how to remove peel coat/plastidip safely from paint.

GooGone or WD-40. Either works. Whichever's cheaper.

Then use a power washer if you have one or the garden hose on high pressure.

IMG_3022.jpg
IMG_3024.jpg
IMG_2593.JPG
It's taken a long time but finally got it painted!
I wanted the rubbing strips body coloured and I think it's worked out well. It's certainly been a learning experience :P

Wheels to be refurbished when funds allow as that's one thing I can't do myself

Last edited:
Had a shop install Energy Suspension urethane bushings into my front control arms. The press I have is too small to allow me to get to the smaller bush with the weird angle it's at compared to the rest of the arm, and I couldn't find a circle of the right diameter to deal with the larger one. At least when I get around to doing the rear, I should be able to tackle it myself. The arms had a bit of surface rust, so I repainted them. Stock black is boring - everything under a car is always black - so I sprayed them with "aluminum" high heat/chemical resistant engine paint. It's a close match to my coilovers, so it shouldn't look ridiculous under there. Installing them later today.

30034444362_dcff1406e7_c.jpg

Had a shop install Energy Suspension urethane bushings into my front control arms. The press I have is too small to allow me to get to the smaller bush with the weird angle it's at compared to the rest of the arm, and I couldn't find a circle of the right diameter to deal with the larger one. At least when I get around to doing the rear, I should be able to tackle it myself. The arms had a bit of surface rust, so I repainted them. Stock black is boring - everything under a car is always black - so I sprayed them with "aluminum" high heat/chemical resistant engine paint. It's a close match to my coilovers, so it shouldn't look ridiculous under there. Installing them later today.

30034444362_dcff1406e7_c.jpg
Where's the grease? These need to be lubricated where the sleeve meets the bushing.

It's definitely in there, I just cleaned off the extra stuff on the outside for when I was handling it. I used masking tape on the bushings themselves rather than paint the arms before they were in, but I hated the feeling on my hands, lol. I'll put more on the surfaces that sit against the chassis when I go to install as well.

Ordered some stuff for my H22 build.

*ED. - actual photo
30174576352_4815bba93f_c.jpg

> 3" Vibrant muffler
> 2.5" to 3" transition (not in photo)
> Skunk2 valve spring bases
> "Skunk2 Inside" VTEC solenoid cover
> Skunk2 cam seal
> Supertech valve guides
> Supertech valve seals

Exhaust system is now done. Next up, to finish off the head: valves, keepers, cams, and cam gears. That's probably in December; January at the latest.

Last edited:
Used the hidden audio options on my Subarus HU.

Through Mode, Loud ON, Max Brightness, Max Contrast
Then set the EQ to +5 for Bass, +3 for Mid, +6 For Treble.

Sounds nicer considering stock HU and stock speakers with no sub.

Washed it.
Went to go out.
No Crank due to flat battery.

So charged the battery for a while, drove to the battery store for a new one.

well I took the DD ZXT out to play with the SCCA last week and it suffered a blown exhaust gasket..
first check discovered 2 broken off studs and at least 2 bolts are not the correct size and are loose...
I had the day off today,so...

then since I had it that far and have a spare head gasket layin around..

and wouldn't ya know it...

2 pots blown completly apart...all 6 are deformed (should be perfectly circular) from having been boosted too hard at some point in its life...
now; the car has already been called a monster by everyone who's ridden shotgun... I'm wondering just how fast is she really??

get her back together tomorrow and probably throw the tokico shocks/springs on her since they're just taking up space in the parts pile...

update:
all cleaned up and a spiffy new coat of paint

Last edited:
lawl that plate....

Hopefully I'll have time to do the same to my dad's Chrysler 200... They look quite nice TBH with zero badging on the back of them...

I think if I had one of those, I'd do the ricer thing put the Skyline badge on there. Even though I kinda disagree with that sort of thing, I don't think I could resist, lol. I once went on a drive with the VQ Club of Colorado. What a glorious soundtrack to be following through the canyons! I was thinking that day, I really need a six-cylinder in my life.

15401270279_6e6c04fbc8_b.jpg

15587888775_255dc9f3e8_b.jpg

Not outside of Japan. only called the skyline in Japan.

It's an imported rebadged Skyline. Doesn't get more Skyline than that. It's like people who rebadge imported GM Holden's to their original form. Just because it's sold as something else in another country doesn't change it's original designation.

It's an imported rebadged Skyline. Doesn't get more Skyline than that. It's like people who rebadge imported GM Holden's to their original form. Just because it's sold as something else in another country doesn't change it's original designation.

You're not really making anything original because the 'original' doesn't exist. There's no such thing as a left-hand drive Holden, nor a left-hand drive V36.

Back