What have you done to your car today?

I changed the oil yesterday and began another round of Auto-RX engine maintenance. Not necessary, probably overkill, but oh well :) Also topped off the wiper fluid and checked all other fluid levels, inspected undercarriage, etc.

yea thanks diablo..... that motor will be coming back out when i get home. after i rebuild my 3rd KA with forged parts that is..... KA-T's are awesome man.. more Tq and Hp overall then the sr20 if they both sported the same turbo.... and not to mention the knowledge you gain and money you save.

I changed the oil yesterday and began another round of Auto-RX engine maintenance. Not necessary, probably overkill, but oh well :) Also topped off the wiper fluid and checked all other fluid levels, inspected undercarriage, etc.

Changed the oil and filter today... May as well do it while its warm and not snowy, right?

Something is still wrong with the car, and I don't know what it is. I think the spark-plugs are going/gone bad, so I'll need to replace those next...

Changed the oil and filter today... May as well do it while its warm and not snowy, right?

Something is still wrong with the car, and I don't know what it is. I think the spark-plugs are going/gone bad, so I'll need to replace those next...

Exactly. I wasn't really due but I figured I'd take advantage of this relatively decent break in weather. Had about 4,700 miles on the Amsoil synthetic before I switched it out, probably could've pushed it to 10,000 easy, but only planned on 5,000 since I have about 100 more quarts of synthetic in my stash to use up. 👍

Just got the 3.27 ratio gears put in my Tbird today. Wow she launches like a bat outta...well, ya know. Such a huge difference from the old 2.73s.

yeaup when the operator plays with it like a toy... set it to the desired rev limit and leave it alone.

One of the local guys had one on his drift car with an SR and it did sound cool when it would go BANG! hell it sounded like someone fired off a cannon when the rear of his car was facing the stands. Anyway I think he ****ed up his turbo because of it. From what I understand, there is a nasty shock wave that hits the turbo when that unburned fuel gets lit off in the exhaust.

I proceeded to get my car stuck in some rather deep snow today while attempting to pull into my driveway. I do believe I need winter tires if I am going to continue living in this state.

n38505333_32108859_7412.jpg

I proceeded to get my car stuck in some rather deep snow today while attempting to pull into my driveway. I do believe I need winter tires if I am going to continue living in this state.

n38505333_32108859_7412.jpg

Yeah, that sucks. :ouch:
As with all members on the GTP, I'm sure you would love driving in Louisiana (except for the roads in certain areas).
What I mean is, the low elevation (about sea level) gives great economy and power while the weather keeps most types of tires in use (except winter tires of course).

As for what I've done to my car today... Nothing, haven't driven at all today. Although, I did clean and detail the interior just the other day so it is looking good (on the inside).
Need to get a few things done, transmission fluid needs flushing, oil, tire rotation and inflation, wash, wax, and a bit of touch-up paint. :scared:

Painted my valve cover while I had it off the car. Almost done, I still need to sand the letters down to get the paint off and make them shiny.

dscf0032eb7.jpg

And broke this, although this was yesterday:
dscf0033gp6.jpg

Washed it!

And tomorrow, I'm probably going to change winter tires for summer tires.

Bought some CTR mats today to replace the heavy tatty old rubber ones in the car. Looks a lot nicer in the flesh...

Before

After

If only they had gold threaded mats.....

howtf did you manage that?
We were having trouble getting the crankshaft pulley bolt off, the "correct" methods weren't working. We couldn't get the engine to not move at all, so it was basically absorbing some of our turning power, so we decided to jam the cam gear with a screwdriver.

We figured if it can't hold up the pressure, the timing belt will just snap, which didn't matter since I was getting a new one, but instead of the belt, the gear itself broke.

Did a somewhat thorough wash, wax, and general detail of my car today. Polished out a few marks, and noticed that I had yet more than ever before. Including a new door ding as well.

I was backing up into the garage. Normally I wait to close the garage door untill my car is inside but this time I was closing the garage door while the car was still part outside. I have to park the car only a few centimeters from an iron shelf (parallel). While I was backing up, I saw that I was too close to the outside wall of the garage, almost knocking off the right hand mirror and had to drive forward again. When I saw that the garage door was almost closed (almost hit the front of the car), I backed up faster than normal and I didn't see that the car wasn't properly lined up anymore (parallel with the iron shelf), so I drove into the iron shelf. I managed to stop the garage door in time the first time when I almost knocked off the outside mirror not the second time.

:)

I backed up faster than normal and I didn't see that the car wasn't properly lined up anymore (parallel with the iron shelf), so I drove into the iron shelf.

Ooooouwch.

It's take a good panel beater with shoehorn dollies to get that out. But doable.

I have an awkwardly sited garage, and I 'buffed' the door on my FTO not long after I moved in. It's not a nice feeling. :(

We were having trouble getting the crankshaft pulley bolt off, the "correct" methods weren't working. We couldn't get the engine to not move at all, so it was basically absorbing some of our turning power, so we decided to jam the cam gear with a screwdriver.

We figured if it can't hold up the pressure, the timing belt will just snap, which didn't matter since I was getting a new one, but instead of the belt, the gear itself broke.

Thats why you jam the flywheel. :)
I used a huge screwdriver wedged between the case and the flywheel teeth. Worked great, except when I forgot to remove it and tried to start the engine.

I pulled (wrestled) the gas tank out of the MR2 to upgrade the fuel pump for the 3sgte thats going in.

Normally, swapping pumps would require removing some interior bits and lifting the carpet, and unscrewing the panel...on the mr2 you have to drop the whole tank which is wedged where the "transmission tunnel" would be on an FR layout. Pretty big PITA when you've only got 2' of room while the cars propped up on stands..and a half full tank.

I sanded my rusty chipped spots and touched them up. My paint is too messed up on the hood for me to care how it turned out. It looks good from five feet. Up close, it's a shoddy job. But that's what 11,000 miles (90% highway) will do to paint. My car will be showing primer forever...

But some tiny mismatched paint spots are infinitely better than big orange blotches.

Thats why you jam the flywheel. :)
I used a huge screwdriver wedged between the case and the flywheel teeth. Worked great, except when I forgot to remove it and tried to start the engine.
That's what we ended up doing, it's just we had to pull out the starter for that.

I gots stuff from my birthday this weekend.

I'm gonna install:

Sylvania Silverstar Low Beams (could NOT come fast enough. I do much night driving nowadays.)
Sun Tach (2 1/4", nothing too special, but I'll finally see how fast my engine turns...)
square, Cibie lookalike foglamps [ditchlights] (I seem to do a lot of foul-weather driving, too.)
K&N filter cleaning kit.
Car Wash Coupons
gift card for oil change at Wal-Mart, since it's too cold to do it myself and we dont' have a garage. (I hope they have the high-mileage oil.)

On that tach...Where's the best place to put it? In the dash? On the dash? the steering column's not an option, it's short, stubby, and square...

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Removed the subframes (including the brakes and suspension) from my red Mini, now ready for the scrapy :(

Back