What have you done to your car today?

I was to tired yesterday to post so I will now. Last night I replaced the power steering belt and the alternator belt. I also cleaned the fuel injectors, luckily at work we have a motorvac and I know how to use it. It not only cleans the injectors but it cleans all of the carbon build up on the valves and the pistons off and also cleans the cat. The main reason that I did it was sometimes when I started the car it wanted to die and after I got done it didn't have the problem anymore. I still need to figure out what is causing the blue smoke under hard acceleration. It might be valve guides or piston rings... Well if it goes boom its getting an SR20 thats for sure!

I hit the 3000 mile mark, averaging about 1500 miles per month.

n38505333_32037900_4834.jpg

Already have, Mini only requires you to go through a 1200 mile break in period according to their manual and the service manger at the dealership. I've giving the car a decent bit of spirited driving on some back roads but until I can get some better tires it just feels rather meh.

Well last night i was driveing my Ecplise, and it started overheating. So i stoped let it cool down filled it up with water then went on.Well 10mins later the overflow thing was dry again so I filled bought the radiator leak stop stuff that fixed the problem. About 3hrs later it started steaming and overheating but the overflow was still full.So I drove home let it sit.This morning I took it to the shop they fixed a ripped hose then 30mins later they called me and told me that the water pump was leaking !!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW WHAT A ****TY DAY:grumpy:

Since you're doing the waterpump, you might as well do the timing belt, balance shaft belt, and pulleys.

It'd be stupid not to (unless you just did them[/i]

Frankenbenz finally got it's new tires saturday, spare unfortunately comes next sat. (had to order it). Too cold to do much else lately but I did manage to get greyhound's new voltage regulator in (about 5 minutes) even though it didn't seem to help anything.

Last night I painted my cousin's new torque damper a sweet flat black so it doesn't look all ricey and shiny in his engine bay. He installed it today and he says the throttle response (once the computer figures it out, of course) is nearly instant, and the engine doesn't bounce around the slightest bit once he lets off. Cobalt SSs' engines twist ferociously underhood, and it looks like it's trying to fly out of the car. I'm pretty sure this damper will help him chop at least a tenth off his quickest 14.53 quarter-mile time. Yay!

Hey wats up ok I have a honda civic and all of a sudden it just kepps on shaking sometimes when im driving can someone please tell me what it is thank you

Hey wats up ok I have a honda civic and all of a sudden it just kepps on shaking sometimes when im driving can someone please tell me what it is thank you
Try checking your lugnuts if they're torqued right. Maybe your wheels are unbalanced, or your brakes are warped.

These are little problems though, it might be something a lot worse. Anyway, wrong thread.

Since you're doing the waterpump, you might as well do the timing belt, balance shaft belt, and pulleys.

It'd be stupid not to (unless you just did them[/i]

Oh im not doing the waterpump.Its too much work in a FWD car .Same with the clutch it was a pain in the ass to replace it NEVER AGAIN AM I REPLACEING A CLUTCH IN A FWD.

It was easy as pie in my Del Sol. The only specialty tool I needed was a lift, which of course isn't easy to come by unless you or a buddy works at a dealership, like my friend. Hell, the whole transmission only weighed about 70 pounds, so pulling it off was easy. Besides that, we only had to unplug a couple connectors in order to take it off.

That's a common problem with Honda Civic's without Type-R Badges, people don't just put Type-R badges on Civics for show, they contain a special glue that runs through the paint to reduce the shaking.

After installing my new headunit and front speakers ive recently got some 6x9s ready to install and yesterday i installed my new gearknob. My car if you must know is a 93 Civic sedan. I think i might be turning into the thing i hate...........a Ricer :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

After installing my new headunit and front speakers ive recently got some 6x9s ready to install and yesterday i installed my new gearknob. My car if you must know is a 93 Civic sedan. I think i might be turning into the thing i hate...........a Ricer :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

as long as you dont carry on to attacking it with a body kit and some "phat rimz" or anything involving the word neon your safe :P so far you jus count as a young driver, everyone gets a new headunit and speakers :P i jus happened to get huge subs cos they were going cheap honest ¬¬

I put my school parking sticker on after attempting to debaffle my hood. Then had to go see where this idiot in a 240SX with a mega fart can and some stupid yellow foglights was goin after he just could not help himself and had to rev at me while I was standing my driveway. he went to the local ricer house, figures :rolleyes:

I installed my cheapo short throw shifter today. It works great, I can only imagine what a $100+ shifter would feel like.

No pics though, you can't see it from the top and it was too cold and dark to take pics from the bottom.

Took way longer than it should have, thanks to rust. I ended up breaking a bolt and having to get another one to put in the hole.

I'm getting a set of 3.27 ratio rear end gears put in on Thursday (currently have freakin 2.73s right now). Can't wait to feel the extra throttle response.

I forgot to post when I did this (Sunday) But I installed my short shifter and drilled and tapped an Elise shift knob that I had laying around. The old shifter didn't have the little cup at the bottom so it made finding gears hard to find. I am very happy to have a shift knob now, even if it is an Elise knob but I just ordered a NISMO knob and a shift boot.

Here is a picture of what it looks like now.

DSC02465111.jpg

Oh and I found the DIN holder on ebay and I should be getting it any day so I can then install the head unit that I have for it.

Nice thread guys... what i did right before my deployment to iraq in sept 07

latest turbo setup
khpim0298bn6.jpg

khpim0299go5.jpg

last minute parts I installed
khpim0267iv5.jpg

Oem 180sx bumper lights and fenders
l_499aa87ed51db210a98849edc5b14583.jpg

khpim0075ag4.jpg

Back