What HDR 4K compliant monitor will we buy alongside PS4Pro & GTSport?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Lambob, Jun 16, 2017.

1. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

Yeah, i might try this out. However, i was always rather happy with HDR in GT Sport. Oh, and i prefer cold over warm 1 or 2.

Dynamic contrast is something digital foundry dont wants you to use. However, i think the results can be rather good. I'm using the low setting on most games. In night scenes, you might want to turn it off. Try dynamic contrast at the night track in Wipeout (there is only one). Then turn it off. You will notice how great this looks with dynamic contrast off. At bright scenes, things might be different, of course...

2. Pfei

Pfei

Odd that you are experiencing so-so HDR with that TV. Does the RGB output setting on the PS4 match the RGB setting on your TV? If the PS4 is using limited, your TV should also be set to limited. If not full/full. But if the PS4 is outputting limited RGB and you have your TV set on full RGB then you have a mismatch and that will affect HDR performance.

3. Coiler

Coiler

I had to lower the EV in the game menu to get more accurate lighting.

4. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

@RaceFuchs I forgot: afaik your tv has a 8 bit panel "only"!

5. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

Settings are fine. Double checked.

Actually, its a 10 bit panel.

6. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

@RaceFuchs ah sorry, seems like i was wrong. The Sony models with 7xxx had 8 bit and FRC.

RaceFuchs likes this.
  7. UKMikey

UKMikey Premium

Assuming I am "forever alone" as @NixxxoN puts it and fancy a curved TV instead, is the C6 the same or notably inferior at doing the same job as the B6? My current curved set works beautifully for gaming and groups of people have watched movies and TV programmes on it with minimal complaint.

8. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

I'll just say that curved TV gimmick is pretty much dead. I thought that would be a passenger trend that would not last much and I was right.
    We're in the days of technology gimmicks, technology companies dont create stuff to fullfill real needs but simply create unnecessary new things to sell.

9. UKMikey

UKMikey Premium

I'm not really interested in groundless speculation from people who haven't experienced the technology in question. Just posting my personal experience with my own television.

potvinsuks, SlipZtrEm and Johnnypenso like this.
  10. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Please enlighten us with what the real needs of consumers are and how they are not being fulfilled.

Pfei likes this.
  11. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

I did.

12. Pfei

Pfei

@NixxxoN you need a lesson in basic liberty and economics.

Liberty-wise, no-one is forcing you to purchase any kind of TV. For liberty to work we need to respect the decisions of others as long as their decisions do not harm us. Everyone has a natural right to purchase or not purchase a TV.

Economically speaking, supply creates demand, not the other way around. Whether you decide to consume a product on offer is your decision. No-one is putting a gun to your head coercing you into buying a curved, or HDR, or 4K TV.

BTW, what you meant to have said is "passing trend", not "passenger trend". While 'pasajero' does indeed mean passenger in English, in this context the correct word is 'passing'.

13. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

All I saw were your personal opinions on what you want and projecting it onto everyone else.

14. UKMikey

UKMikey Premium

Perhaps he should buy a projection TV. :lol:

It looks like LG are dropping curved TVs from their range (although Samsung are still going strong) so there may be something to what he's saying. However from what I've read the 55C6 seems to be identical to the B6 with the addition of 3D support and a curved screen. They both seem to sell for the same price in the UK so if you don't mind the curved screen and want the extra features then the C6 may be relatively good value for money.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/curved-tv-isnt-dead-yet-thanks-samsung/

Johnnypenso likes this.
  15. Pfei

Pfei

I also believe curved TVs are gimmicky but I wouldn't think of coming on here and criticizing those who purchased one. If you look at his post history in this thread it's obvious that he's just trying to get everyone's panties in a twist, and he probably has some serious issues with wanting to force his will upon others. He would likely make a great politician.

UKMikey and Johnnypenso like this.
  16. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

As far as I'm aware they are almost identical apart from the curve. Think the C6 does 3D as well, the B6 doesn't. Either way it's the panel that's important and the panel is these LG OLED's is something else. I've had mine for over a year and I still get that giddy 'new tech purchase' feeling when I watch a good 4K HDR bit of footage. You won't be disappointed.

And if it was me, I would ignore NixxxoN doesn't appear to have a clue what he/she is talking about most of the time but likes to stick his/her tuppence in.

17. prousonhairy

prousonhairy

B6 and the C6 are the same in quality. The C6 is 3D capable and curved, while the B6 doesn't have 3D. I don't think there's a whole lot of C6's left, so if you can get one at a good price it would be a good deal. The B6 stock should be getting low too, as both of these are 2016 models.

I have a C7 coming Saturday, I haven't been this excited in a long time. :)

PzR Slim, Johnnypenso and UKMikey like this.
  18. UKMikey

UKMikey Premium

Thanks for the advice fellas. :)

19. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

Talking about "liberty" I have the freedom to criticise right?
    I dont need any lessons thank you, I know "supply creates demand" but still I will criticise gimmick useless inventions all the time because I dont like them. Problem?
    And no I dont criticise people who purchase a curved TV, just the product itself

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  20. prousonhairy

prousonhairy

@NixxxoN, just because something is useless to you, doesn't mean that it's useless to someone else. Some people like curved televisions, there's nothing wrong with that. It almost comes across as jealousy when you post like that, even if it wasn't your intention.

I posted this in some other thread the other day, but 4k and HDR is not a gimmick either. Sure there will be something better in a few years, but if you look at it like that you'll always be waiting for something better. OLED also brings it to another level, I'm a believer in that seeing them in person the other day for the first time. The most beautiful television picture I've ever seen. I'm sure in 5-10yrs there will be something better than OLED too, that's how technology is.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Pfei likes this.
  21. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

Jealousy for something I dont like? Seriously? Again, I criticise a product, not the owner of that product. Because I want to do so, like it or not.
    "just because something is useless to you, doesn't mean that it's useless to someone else" blablabla aye... sure, I learnt that in primary school, captain obvious
    I'm done in this thread, I dont want to waste any more time.

22. Pfei

Pfei

@NixxxoN don't forget how this mud-slinging started. While you are entitled to your viewpoint, your first post (quoted above) was full of misinformation and presented in a condescending manner. From that point on it has been nothing but childish drivel from you as if you were a kid without a spinner.

23. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Thank god for that!

UKMikey, Johnnypenso and prousonhairy like this.
  24. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

I said im done, dont quote me anymore
    What a fantastic contribution this message is.

25. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

I thought you were done?

Johnnypenso likes this.
  26. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

Yes but you still keep quoting. Want to have the last word?

27. Pfei

Pfei

LOL, let's take a look at some of your fantastic "contributions":

This thread is about 4K and HDR technology. The OP didn't ask if it's good or not. He asked what everyone has or is thinking of buying. You should go create a "HDR and 4K are Gimmicks" thread and you can have all the fun you want there.

28. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

Are you trolling me or something? The OP asked opinions about 4k and HDR TV's. That does include if you think its good or not and if you think its worth buying. I gave my opinion. Thats it.
    Stop quoting/annoying me now. Bye!

Pfei likes this.
  29. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

And people responded to your "opinions" by disagreeing with them based on their own personal experience. That's it.

Pfei likes this.
  30. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

The OP didn't ask for opinions on 4k and HDR TV's, the OP asked which would he need to take full advantage of what is being offered by PD.

Pfei likes this.