What if the penalties still suck?

• Thread starter Sander 001
  • 19 comments
I don't play Sport mode anymore, but I would give it another go if they got rid of contact penalties in trade for a good reporting system. Allow players to submit replays with their player reports, and start banning the players who make the service dirty. It works for iRacing.

A reworking of the etiquette videos, could due more for race craft.
We all know players look bad for punting and blocking. What many don't know, are rules for passing.

Players that don't watch racing, should understand by being shown videos on what makes a pass. When getting up to the B-pillar before a corner and leaving room by not running a player wide at corner exit.

So far, players feel if they get a run in the slipstream, they are due the position when they get to the right or left corner of a player's rear bumper. The player ahead doesn't have to yield the corner. It's up to the player behind to use precaution.
I know some players ahead should also be careful and not just chop off the nose of the player behind. It does take two to tango. However, the player behind should yield.

I know when racing some players, side by side racing can go on through the whole course of a race. I've done it plenty of times with no problems. This is more about starting off a new game.

It's just a thought, could help lessen receiving penalties.

The penalties for online racing have sucked since GT5 Prologue, & they will still suck in GT7, but I predict they will suck in a slightly different way.

Penalties in GT series and Sport will always be a difficult algorithm to master but it does come down to the player themselves in how they learn and react to penalties.

Given GT Sport was my first game where I actually went online and raced against other players I have had what you might say a roller coaster of learning over the past 3 years and I consider myself a much more sensible player now and unless it's a grid start or some other chaotic start I very rarely get a penalty now unless y'know Track Limits usually because I am avoiding another car!

We shall see what they do though when we finally get our hands on GT7!

SR reset= watch the etiquette videos again :lol:

Not only that, firstly you'll need to build your SR to some level racing offline before being allowed to play online, and than if you drop below certain point you couldn't play online again until you build it up again through offline play, and I would make it pretty slow to build SR to a point where you can enter online races. So, I would like to see if everybody is willing to grind for a couple of days every now and than to be able to race online, or will they try to stay clean on the racetrack.

VBR
The penalties for online racing have sucked since GT5 Prologue, & they will still suck in GT7, but I predict they will suck in a slightly different way.
And they may suck slightly differently after each update, ;) :lol: until they can't be bothered. :rolleyes:

Not only that, firstly you'll need to build your SR to some level racing offline before being allowed to play online, and than if you drop below certain point you couldn't play online again until you build it up again through offline play, and I would make it pretty slow to build SR to a point where you can enter online races. So, I would like to see if everybody is willing to grind for a couple of days every now and than to be able to race online, or will they try to stay clean on the racetrack.
People playing online, and continuing to pay their PSN subscription, is a steady stream of money. They take a risk stopping people from easily using their subscription to play a game. ;)

People playing online, and continuing to pay their PSN subscription, is a steady stream of money. They take a risk stopping people from easily using their subscription to play a game. ;)

Yeah, sure, but people can and are banned from games for their misbehaviour some times and nobody asks them about subscriptions and what not, but it's not only that, every developer and publisher should try to preserve their integrity by insuring fair games and encourage sportsman like behaviour and also all racing games should have clean racing as their top priority no matter what. I just think there is a lot of room for improvement in this area of GT.

Please, no Penalties, ESPECIALLY getting flat-out BANNED for bumping into cars too much or sticking just a few centimeters off the road. It's one of the reasons why I'll NEVER touch iRacing: you can be permanently IP banned simply for touching other drivers' Cars too much.

I don't play Sport mode anymore, but I would give it another go if they got rid of contact penalties in trade for a good reporting system. Allow players to submit replays with their player reports, and start banning the players who make the service dirty. It works for iRacing.
iRacing has a contact-based safety rating though, if you're dirty enough you automatically get your license dropped down.

Latest Posts

Back