What improvements would you like to see in FH3?

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 152 comments
You're saying that FH1 is more realistic than XB1 FH2? What?

Dude, have you played the original Horizon? They tweaked the physics in H2 to give tighter control, particularly braking - every car has an unusually short braking distance, even though they are on stock brakes.

@Wolfe can you back me up on this?

Just because it's a newer game in the franchise does not necessarily mean it's more realistic. Another example is FM6.

Will look for a copy soon of the original Forza Horizon. I heard that it had better car selection than FH2.
Depends on what you're looking for. FH2 had some standout additions to its list for me, but there were numerous exotics in FH1 that were cut from FH2 if that's your thing, like the Aventador J, Gallardo Superleggera (plus the Spyder as DLC), Sesto Elemento (DLC), and Reventón, as well as the Ferrari 599 GTO (and 599XX), FF, California ('09), FXX, F50 GT, F40 Competizione, and 512 TR (DLC).

On a related note, FH2 on XB360 also removed some engine swap options. One of my favorites in my FH1 garage was a VR6-swapped Beetle. In FH2 you can only turbocharge the original boxer four on the old VWs, which put a damper on my plans for the Typ 2 they added.

Dude, have you played the original Horizon? They tweaked the physics in H2 to give tighter control, particularly braking - every car has an unusually short braking distance, even though they are on stock brakes.

@Wolfe can you back me up on this?
Not really. I've never even seen FH2 on XBone in the flesh.

Braking distances are also shorter in FH1 since its tire model has extra grip compared to FM4. However, I've always said it's obvious that FM4 is the foundation for the handling, just with higher limits of traction. I also think FH1 improved on aerodynamics and weight shifting. FH2 on XB360 was probably built from the same engine, but Sumo Digital doubled down on the extra grip and it's practically a full-on arcade racing game (nothing wrong with that, but it was unsatisfying for me after FH1).

Depends on what you're looking for. FH2 had some standout additions to its list for me, but there were numerous exotics in FH1 that were cut from FH2 if that's your thing, like the Aventador J, Gallardo Superleggera (plus the Spyder as DLC), Sesto Elemento (DLC), and Reventón, as well as the Ferrari 599 GTO (and 599XX), FF, California ('09), FXX, F50 GT, F40 Competizione, and 512 TR (DLC).

On a related note, FH2 on XB360 also removed some engine swap options. One of my favorites in my FH1 garage was a VR6-swapped Beetle. In FH2 you can only turbocharge the original boxer four on the old VWs, which put a damper on my plans for the Typ 2 they added.

Not really. I've never even seen FH2 on XBone in the flesh.

Braking distances are also shorter in FH1 since its tire model has extra grip compared to FM4. However, I've always said it's obvious that FM4 is the foundation for the handling, just with higher limits of traction. I also think FH1 improved on aerodynamics and weight shifting. FH2 on XB360 was probably built from the same engine, but Sumo Digital doubled down on the extra grip and it's practically a full-on arcade racing game (nothing wrong with that, but it was unsatisfying for me after FH1).

No no... I'm talking only about H1 and H2 ON the X360. How did FM4 get into this?

Alright, I'll be picking up a FH copy on Saturday after midterms. It seems that they have the F40 Competizione in the game. I love that car in F4.

Alright, I'll be picking up a FH copy on Saturday after midterms. It seems that they have the F40 Competizione in the game. I love that car in F4.

Man... I was a bit sour to not see that make it to FM5 or 6. That and the F50 GT as well as the 599XX.

Was madly in love with the F40C and 599XX in both F4 and H1. Ooaahh, the sound and handling on those sweet road warriors. :cheers:

Man... I was a bit sour to not see that make it to FM5 or 6. That and the F50 GT as well as the 599XX.

Was madly in love with the F40C and 599XX in both F4 and H1. Ooaahh, the sound and handling on those sweet road warriors. :cheers:
It seems that the FH car lists is basically a copy paste of F4. Not complaining though.

I'm so much in love with Horizon 2 at the minute, so all I can really ask for is the focus to be similar to the second game with small improvements.

The only flaw is the super-wide roads. We need off-camber, tight hairpins and narrow, craggy hillside roads to truly do the physics justice. It only feels so arcadey when you're able to go super fast into corners and it's the road design which allows that.

VXR
I'm so much in love with Horizon 2 at the minute, so all I can really ask for is the focus to be similar to the second game with small improvements.

The only flaw is the super-wide roads. We need off-camber, tight hairpins and narrow, craggy hillside roads to truly do the physics justice. It only feels so arcadey when you're able to go super fast into corners and it's the road design which allows that.
The dirt roads near Nice are perfect for rallying, but they're a 🤬 mile wide!

It would be nice if Porsches were in the game from the word go.

If not atleast stick in some RUF's for the time being.

Last edited:
I would like to see an improvement in the handling of the cars
I've got Forza Motorsport for that so I don't mind Horizon being a bit arcadey :D

I think the handling model suits the more casual feel of Horizon

Currently popped into TDU2... I want a map like that. Multiple "hidden" racetracks, imperfect roads (bumps, kinks, different banking), mountain roads, hilly roads, dirt roads and a more "natural" feel (hard to explain...).

I want next horizon a little bit more close to FM driving dynamics (ok, menu->optional), offer some closed tracks within its open space a-la the crew (can/should be fictional, ex those lost from older FM's),
and add/expand some rpg elements

fh2/xbone already is my most enjoyable arcade racer, and fh3 one of my most wanted releases for this year

I'm pretty happy with Horizon as it is, I only really want spacers to fix wheel offsets, a fix for the rev sound hanging bug and better, less cramped cockpit views (positions/FoV like in the Motorsport games). While the Drivatars aren't nearly as annoying as TDU2's were, an option to turn them off in free roam would be nice, especially in the cities. And a less hectic weather/time cycle would be great.

I like the Festival theme, I think it could be greatly expanded. Would be amazing if we could actually experience the roadtrip parties we only see teased in the trailers and road trip finishing sequences, as in, a line up of cars parked at the festival, with the ability to move around on foot, take photos, cars revving and doing donuts. Just an idea and I'm aware there's slim hope of this actually coming to the next game, but I just got Horizon 2 a few weeks ago and my initial impressions are it feels like the game could do with more depth to it.

Last edited:
I was more than satisfied with FH2 which saw regular play time right up until the FM6 release, although I did for some reason prefer the first Horizon title.

Some improvements I'd like to see would be:
  • Rivals mode, I would like to see the removal of times being set while constantly rewinding, or at least mark them as dirty. It doesn't take much skill to spend 3 hours constantly rewinding on every corner until you get the perfect line, it's far more impressive to see drivers keeping it together in one continuous run while setting a crazy time. I know Horizon is generally viewed as the more casual game of the series but allowing rewind in rivals just kills a lot of the draw I have to that game mode in the Motorsport series.
  • Online road trip classes, I get quite tired with the voting system where 90% of road trips you end up in A/S1/S2. They could keep the current voting system but have two choices when entering online, one that covers D/C/B and another for A/S1/S2, that way those of us who enjoy competing in slower cars can do so more frequently while still keeping the fast car guys happy.
  • Online team races, why every time I joined as the leader of a party of 3+ was I always placed on the opposite team to my friends? Some times it did make for some funny races when they would all team up to try and stop me from getting 1st, but most of the time it sucked. Although when playing solo or in a party of 2 I always found team races more exciting than normal races for the most part in this game, would love to see them appear more frequently in FH3.
  • Road trip scoring, I strongly dislike the current scoring system. I have a friend who is always skill farming, doesn't even attempt to race properly and just drifts, destroys and does whatever he can to get a ridiculous amount of XP from skills. He almost always finishes top 2 in the road trip rankings :indiff:.

I'd love to see widebody kits in FH3, that's pretty much the only thing in NFS '15 that I miss in the Forza games.

Latest Posts

Back