What is/are your current goal(s) in GT Sport?

United States
Indiana
pie4july
Do you hope to reach Dr A+ someday? Or are you still hoping for your first win?

I'm curious what goals you've set for yourself in GT Sport (I'm bored on holiday, humor me).

I'll start the thread off by naming my own

1a. Increase my win list diversity: I have been very fortunate to get 30 sport mode wins thus far.
Wins list:
Blue Moon Bay Oval II - 2
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 2
Autódromo de Interlagos - 22
Suzuka Circuit - 2
Nürburging GP - 1
Dragon Trail - Seaside - 1

This is my priority as far as GTS things go. It's kind of embarrassing to think I can only win if Interlagos appears. I'm hoping to add a variety of new tracks to my win roster when I return from holiday next week. I really need to up my confidence in my driving skills on all the other tracks.

1b. Specific tracks I want wins on: There are a few tracks I want to win on more than others.
  1. Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A: I've been trying to win on this track since PD released it. In my opinion, it is the best fantasy track PD has ever created. I've had a lot of good races, but I cannot seem to pull it off. My best finish is 2nd to Turismo Lester :banghead:
  2. Circuit de la Sarthe - I've enjoyed this track way more than I thought I would (apart from its egregious track limits). It'd be really cool to win a race here.
  3. Dragon Trail - Gardens - This one will take a while to pull off. DTG is an incredibly technical track and I'm still trying to find speed on it.
1c. Win everywhere:
Once I win at the tracks above, I hope to someday win a sport mode race at every track and eventually every layout. That will be tough.

2. Win a Nations Cup race:
I've won a couple of FiA championship races, but they have all come in the Manufacturer Series. For some reason, I have often struggled in the Nations Cup.

3. Maintain a perfect Sr streak

A couple of weeks ago, I experienced a massive Sr drop when I fell from S to C and nearly got a Sr reset. It was horrible, some of the worst racing I have ever seen. After rebounding from that event, I have managed to maintain a perfect 99/99 Sr for the past nine days. Generally my Sr will sit at 99 for a few days, but eventually one of the days will end at 97 Sr or something like that. It's been nice to get the clean race bonuses and avoid post race drama, so I want to continue this streak as long as I can.

4. Never experience an Sr reset

Its been a long climb to Dr A, and I don't want to make that climb again :lol:

5. Break the plateau

The past several weeks have shown a halt to my Dr climb

upload_2018-6-24_21-38-46.png

I'm hoping I can break out of this funk and continue my climb through Dr A. I'm not sure how likely this is though, because I might have reached my max ability.

6. Gold all the circuit experiences/missions/licences challenges
I'll get around to it... eventually.

What are your goals in GTS? :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Platinum trophy. All I have left is the Barachello (322 starts) trophy.

Once I get that, I'm not sure what I'll do. Sport Mode is fun but it's seldom that there's a car/track combo I'm interested in. And the ~7 minute wait time in between races is a huge pet peeve of mine.

I might just retire from Sport Mode and stick to online lobbies only. That was what kept me playing GT5/6 for years.

1.Definitely have fun.

2. To keep improving on my 1.5hr Gr.4 Endurance Race Club.

3. Trying my hand at some team racing.

4. This is the big one for me..trying to get an N-Class Series going that's just as fun to do as the endurance races. I've been working on this for quite sometime now hopefully I've come up with something everyone could enjoy. Seeing as organize N-Class racing is almost non existent in GTS.

1. Bought all the Hondas Completed - except the Sponsored NSX Gr. 3(which I'm buying when I get home). No other brands in my Garage(deleted the GT-R Pace Car and I even sold the R92CP I posted I'd never sell!).

2. Do a TT at every track configuration, with each Honda.

3. Clean race personal record- I'm at Correction: thought I was at 3. I'M AT 2, currently. Going for 10 and then I'll see.

Last edited:
1. Improve myself and hone my skill sets even further to be able to cap out my DR

2. End a daily with me in the Top 5 (I've already ended a daily in 7th, so this may be doable)

3. Win against Nik_Makozi and l-shooter

4. Get DR S

5. Be an alien and prove myself to the world! :D

I would like to be in the top 25 in Canada. Not easy but that could be a fun challenge. Beating other players isn’t my only objective though.

My biggest goal has always been to be known as a clean and fair racer and make friends on track. I’ve had a myriad of incidents in my 1000+ races but I’ve always been trying to stay positive with other drivers and I even ended up recruiting some of them in our team (TNTR).

1. Improve myself and hone my skill sets even further to be able to cap out my DR

2. End a daily with me in the Top 5 (I've already ended a daily in 7th, so this may be doable)

3. Win against Nik_Makozi and l-shooter

4. Get DR S

5. Be an alien and prove myself to the world! :D
Nik_Makozi is on my friends list. His times are what dreams are made of.

Current list
- Can drive Corvette
- Can drive any GR.4 without weird problem
- Evolve my battling skill
- Train my calm and consistent
- Back to 28k DR. (Currently fall into 23K)

Future list:
- Back to A when I ready
- Can drive MR
- Change my DS4 to G29

I have achieved everything I set out to do in the game. I own every car, I have the Platinum Trophy and completed every challenge PD has set.

The one and only thing I would like to achieve (which is beyond my control!) is to start to enjoy the game with a decent set of penalty rules so online sport races aren't the absolute shambles they currently are.

So apart from that Iam looking at what other games are around that might be interesting for me because this one is very thin on content and panders too much for lower skilled players.

I'm having so much fun with this game; my goal is for this to continue. This is the game that finally made me buy a wheel, and I hope that my improvement continues.

I'd love to spend a few days in A/S, just to say that I've done it, after being stuck in B since November.

Just going for the Platinum trophy now. In general GTS has become boring for me. It doens't mean that I don't consider it great. It's very rare I play the same game over 2 months and GTS got 6 pretty active months from me.

Learn to enjoy qualifying and ignore the voice in my head that says "that'll do" on my first tidy lap.

Defend more. (Not easy with the current penalties.)

Find the confidence to push my limit and stop being worried about crashing.

Getting to like tracks I otherwise avoid so I can race everyday.

Build a racing rig with tea making facilities and built in commode.

I just want to get back where I left my DR after a Monza reset :embarrassed:
And I dont care for SR anymore.. As long as we have this broken System, I wont bother...I want to race!

Oh, and I need to finally complete all League races and arcade races. Even though they award you with nothing in-game...

- Get around to making a decent livery for once (Porsche or Mercedes)
- Improve driving ability a bit (still 2-3 seconds off the Top 10, want to be around 1-2), learn from the best
- Maybe organise a one-off multi-class endurance race on GTS through GTP.
- Live to see the BoP change for Mercedes (for the better lol)

Beat spark_43's that are in my friend list qualifying time for a Daily race at least once!!!
Be top 10 in Nations cup here in Norway and (I'm now 7th with only 500 something points after one race witch is ridicules and sad)
Get every car in the game
Get enough people together one day to have a proper 12 hours Bathurst Endurance race with damage and all
Still having fun with the game in a year time

I am a pretty casual player so I don't really have any goals other than getting my racing fix every once in a while. It would be nice to reach A+ though, but their isn't much incentive to reach that rank anyway.

Back