What is/are your current goal(s) in GT Sport?

I'd love to spend a few days in A/S, just to say that I've done it, after being stuck in B since November.

Well, I've reached my goal already ... maybe I should have been more ambitious. :lol:

20180703_172742.jpg

Make it through T1 at Monza without getting shunted :-)

Seriously though - DR A. Been at B/S for a while. Need to work on qualifying more as my race pace is fairly Ok.

Only goal of today is to improve my DR/SR, can't believe I have thrown it all down the drain over two days. :banghead:

Overhauling my liveries and doing the daily mileage to finally receive the Audi R18 Le Mans :D.
Stopped sport mode for now being burned by the game's systems ( penalty, rating, matchmaking ) :grumpy:.

Since I'm from Romania, which is NOT eligible for the GT FIA Championship (Finals), that took away from my drive to invest a lot of time into the game. My main goal is just to have fun. My HOPE is that GTS will improve more and more on their physics, especially tire and break model (specifically non-ABS breaking), and offer quite a lot more real-life tracks, and possibly more options in "Custom Race", so that Project Cars 2 won't "convert" me completely to its side. I love the presentation, graphics, and general car feel in GTS. I'm unhappy with certain "holes" in the physics engine (vs virtually any other sim/simcade alternative besides Forza - that game is BARELY simcade - more like arcade with a twist), inconsistencies with certain Group car choices (including weird quasi-realistic hypercar prototypes together with LMP1 cars in GR1 wasn't enough, now they added 30 year old Group C cars in the mix - makes no sense - and it's obvious that they had to botch the Gr C car handling characteristics a lot in order to make them somewhat competitive, and now the beautifully rendered Gr C cars feel wholly weird and unrealistic), lack of weather and time of day options (there should be an option to race at night on EVERY track, not just 2), and especially lack of real-world tracks (though they are, slowly, working on it). Hope they fix it. I'm a big GTS fan but am finding myself spending MORE AND MORE time on PCars 2, and being more excited about AC Competizione.

My main goal now is to get back to srs.
Yesterday race A (short lago maggiore, gr4) turned out as a mess. lots cars have been ghosted (may be I was ghosted as well) , and was going through each other. I'v got one orange sr down mark, only to figure out after the race that I dropped sr from 99 to 81. decided to recover sr in race C (gr3 monza). What a wrong decision. Quickly got moved to sra, and to srb in a few races... and now every race is carnage in srb. Probably have to sacrafice my dr to get out of sr ab.

Try to get A+ (DR C SR S at time of writing) and get cleaner races....i'm not a rammer but a magnet for rammers and slammers.....also turn more poles into wins....maybe just maybe one day I can tick all these boxes

1. Bought all the Hondas Completed - except the Sponsored NSX Gr. 3(which I'm buying when I get home). No other brands in my Garage(deleted the GT-R Pace Car and I even sold the R92CP I posted I'd never sell!).

2. Do a TT at every track configuration, with each Honda.

3. Clean race personal record- I'm at Correction: thought I was at 3. I'M AT 2, currently. Going for 10 and then I'll see.
2. Still working on this. Just haven't done the Honda VGT, Beat, S660 and road NSX.

3. Completed - 12 is my record

Do you hope to reach Dr A+ someday? Or are you still hoping for your first win?

I'm curious what goals you've set for yourself in GT Sport (I'm bored on holiday, humor me).

I'll start the thread off by naming my own

1a. Increase my win list diversity: I have been very fortunate to get 30 sport mode wins thus far.
Wins list:
Blue Moon Bay Oval II - 2
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 2
Autódromo de Interlagos - 22
Suzuka Circuit - 2
Nürburging GP - 1
Dragon Trail - Seaside - 1

This is my priority as far as GTS things go. It's kind of embarrassing to think I can only win if Interlagos appears. I'm hoping to add a variety of new tracks to my win roster when I return from holiday next week. I really need to up my confidence in my driving skills on all the other tracks.

1b. Specific tracks I want wins on: There are a few tracks I want to win on more than others.
  1. Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A: I've been trying to win on this track since PD released it. In my opinion, it is the best fantasy track PD has ever created. I've had a lot of good races, but I cannot seem to pull it off. My best finish is 2nd to Turismo Lester :banghead:
  2. Circuit de la Sarthe - I've enjoyed this track way more than I thought I would (apart from its egregious track limits). It'd be really cool to win a race here.
  3. Dragon Trail - Gardens - This one will take a while to pull off. DTG is an incredibly technical track and I'm still trying to find speed on it.
1c. Win everywhere:
Once I win at the tracks above, I hope to someday win a sport mode race at every track and eventually every layout. That will be tough.

2. Win a Nations Cup race:
I've won a couple of FiA championship races, but they have all come in the Manufacturer Series. For some reason, I have often struggled in the Nations Cup.

3. Maintain a perfect Sr streak

A couple of weeks ago, I experienced a massive Sr drop when I fell from S to C and nearly got a Sr reset. It was horrible, some of the worst racing I have ever seen. After rebounding from that event, I have managed to maintain a perfect 99/99 Sr for the past nine days. Generally my Sr will sit at 99 for a few days, but eventually one of the days will end at 97 Sr or something like that. It's been nice to get the clean race bonuses and avoid post race drama, so I want to continue this streak as long as I can.

4. Never experience an Sr reset

Its been a long climb to Dr A, and I don't want to make that climb again :lol:

5. Break the plateau

The past several weeks have shown a halt to my Dr climb

View attachment 746368

I'm hoping I can break out of this funk and continue my climb through Dr A. I'm not sure how likely this is though, because I might have reached my max ability.

6. Gold all the circuit experiences/missions/licences challenges
I'll get around to it... eventually.

What are your goals in GTS? :gtpflag:

You're on holiday and still thinking GTS? I take it you are still single yes! LOL only messing with you.

All I want from GTS is to enjoy the odd hour here and there when I play it. I gave up trying be good at it as I simply am not.
I bought the Mazda 787? B and just enjoy thrashing around any track on practice, no ai to take me out no 1st place to think about it is just my way of passing a bit of time and enjoying it. :cheers:

What it's always been since they came out.

Get the Jaguar XJ13 and the Ferrari 330p4.

And no I'm not doing any mindless grinding around Blue Moon!

I'm on 14 million credits currently so if I don't win one of them on the daily rewards by the time I get to 20 then I'll just bite the bullet and pay up.

No online stat goals for me and now I play the game less often since I ran out of offline content. I am also bored of farming the Blue Moon Speedway to get to the expensive cars.

The goal for me is to get to 70k driver rating once I realised what sort of level I am at this game and in my first run at it I got sooo close (68k roughly) then had a reset back to 15k and then maybe 75k if I get to 70
C36913F2-ECAF-480A-8D9B-BE7DE353BD40.png

One more would be to finally get the achievement for 15 clean race streak still only managed 7 at best aha

Oh yeah and platinum too with no grinding so far at level 43 so once I’m at rank 50 I’m good

Last edited:
Platinum trophy. All I have left is the Barachello (322 starts) trophy.

Once I get that, I'm not sure what I'll do. Sport Mode is fun but it's seldom that there's a car/track combo I'm interested in. And the ~7 minute wait time in between races is a huge pet peeve of mine.

I might just retire from Sport Mode and stick to online lobbies only. That was what kept me playing GT5/6 for years.
I retired from Sport Mode too because the last time I checked I got a 3 second penalty for gently touching someone on the side before the corner.

Constantly try to better myself and become more consistent, and to have plenty of fun along the way.

My current goal is mastering the new tyre model as I'm not fully up to speed with it yet, but I haven't had the time to spend a full afternoon driving.

I'll get there though :)

My goal is to buy wheel/pedals and switch from automatic to manual transmission. I also plan to take all the driving aids off. Basically, once I have wheel/pedals, I am going to go all out and see what I'm really made of.

My goal is to buy wheel/pedals and switch from automatic to manual transmission. I also plan to take all the driving aids off. Basically, once I have wheel/pedals, I am going to go all out and see what I'm really made of.
It's not impossible to use manual transmission with pad actually. I have been playing for a month now with manual and although it was kinda hard to get used to i was able to match and beat my AT times easily.

Unless you don't play with cross/square for throttle/brake like i do so , i dunno :/

It's not impossible to use manual transmission with pad actually. I have been playing for a month now with manual and although it was kinda hard to get used to i was able to match and beat my AT times easily.

Unless you don't play with cross/square for throttle/brake like i do so , i dunno :/

I used manual on controller back when I played GT2, so I know it can be done. I'm just too lazy to put in the time and effort on controller now that I've been driving auto for like ten months. I'm just going to wait until I get my wheel/pedals so that I can start fresh and go full race mode. For top tier online racing, I feel like controller is suboptimal.

Own all cars (1 20mil car left)
Be gifted all cars
Upgrade all cars

Gold all Campaign Mode
- Endurance left to do (for now)

Gold all Circuit Experience
- Done (for now)

HotLap all cars at 1 track
- 1 car left

VR HotLap All Cars at 1 track

Win at all tracks in professional mode in arcade mode.

Collect all ‘mi’ collectables

I'm glad there's a thread for goals.

So here are my goals in GT Sport:
  • Get the XJ13, 250 GTO, GT40 Mk.I and Miura through daily workout. (main goal)
  • Get a clean lap with a Tomahawk X in the Nordschleife.
  • Collect all cars.
There may be more goals but for now those come to mind for me.

I'm glad there's a thread for goals.

So here are my goals in GT Sport:
  • Get the XJ13, 250 GTO, GT40 Mk.I and Miura through daily workout. (main goal)
This is actually my current main goal, the game is teasing well with multiple appeareance on the roulette wheel of fate but fails to
deliver...

This is actually my current main goal, the game is teasing well with multiple appeareance on the roulette wheel of fate but fails to
deliver...
Wow nice to see that. :)

And yesterday was close to getting the 250 GTO but instead the daily workout gods give me another Walkenhorst M6 (third time) but as John Cena would say, YOU NEVER GIVE UP!

So I spend more time just racing and racing and racing in custom race mode til I get those multi million cars.

Wow nice to see that. :)

And yesterday was close to getting the 250 GTO but instead the daily workout gods give me another Walkenhorst M6 (third time) but as John Cena would say, YOU NEVER GIVE UP!

So I spend more time just racing and racing and racing in custom race mode til I get those multi million cars.

Well I have three mission challenges left and 1 circuit experience to do as well so I'm hoping one of those might deliver the big prize
but I am sure we will get them some day.

Just came back to GTS after 4 or 5 months off. Previously I'd qualify midfield and maybe move up a position or 2 in a race if I could stay out the way of the rammers. Now, I'm fighting at the back. So either everyone else rated B/S has got really fast, or I've lost it. Goals at the moment are to get back to where I was previously, then see how much better I can get

Back