What is expected?

• Thread starter Jbaffoh
  • 151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't about winning or losing, the bigger you get on any forum the more šŸ¤¬ you have to put up with. Every person has there limit and until you've been through the same thing then you have no right to tell them how they should handle it.

Leave the man alone, he's made his decision and it is no business of anyone else's. To make assumptions about their motivation or reasoning is to make a mockery of the whole situation. After all he's done for people on this forum he has at least earned the right to end it on his own terms.

Its over, let it go and get on with your lives

IĀ“ll just write a last comment about the situation to end the story.
IĀ“m still member just because i donĀ“t know how to go out .
i just donĀ“t agree anymore with mods specially Dann,playing clearly with is little power who close my second thread that i open just to let my tunes links for GTP users. They donĀ“t have anything to see with this and i canĀ“t prejudicate a lot of cool people who like to drive my cars.
I didnĀ“t do this in my original garage because it was closed , impossible to edit and i donĀ“t pretend to re-open it . I repeat , iĀ“ll move from GTP, no way back, so no reason to ask to open it again.
Sorry for the bad words or impulsive reactions but iĀ“m a 100% latin guy and sometime it just happen like this.
Like i always say, iĀ“m just a fake tuner of fakes cars , itĀ“s not a big thing at all but i love what i do and iĀ“ll continue to do this somewhere where iĀ“ll fel better. I donĀ“t want any privileges. I just donĀ“t like abuse of power. I repeat , i wasnĀ“t the bad guy in the story. I just ask an old troll to stay away from my garage and ****** is not a bad word.
Anyway. My english is too bad to express totaly what i feel but itĀ“s more or less like this.
End of the story, no need of long speech anymore, it was a pleasure.

><(((((Ā°>Ā°Ā°Ā°Ā°Ā°Ā°Ā°Ā°

Well, just thought I would say thank you for all the tunes, really appreciate you sharing them with us.

A bit of advise would be to ignore the trolls or people who annoy you, not just on this site but on the internet in general. There are too many idiots out there to let them bother you.

If you want to leave, I understand that but if you want to return, I'm sure many people would be very happy to see you back. Maybe you would be happy too because maybe you had more good times than bad times on this site and maybe you have more friends here than enemies.

What he said in his blog? :confused:
Nah. Its his blog to contain his tunes.

This isn't about winning or losing, the bigger you get on any forum the more šŸ¤¬ you have to put up with. Every person has there limit and until you've been through the same thing then you have no right to tell them how they should handle it.

Leave the man alone, he's made his decision and it is no business of anyone else's. To make assumptions about their motivation or reasoning is to make a mockery of the whole situation. After all he's done for people on this forum he has at least earned the right to end it on his own terms.

Well atleast tell us hes done with his tunes and, you know, not closing his main thread so itll be difficult to anyone!

He accumulated very huge number of followers because, well, hes the biggest tuner on GTP! Like any popular personas, huge followers means numerous haters no matter how nice or saint you are. so its a nature to tell him when he gone mad just because of one hater. ONE!

Not doing anymore tunes or posting on GTP is one thing. Making everyone difficult by deleting his OP and closing the thread is WAY another. Thats too unprofessional tbh.

Last edited:
If I had a pound for every time someone on GTPlanet has called me a rude name, threatened me, advised me to take my own life or made sexual suggestions about a variety of my female relations (living, dead, young or old) in VMs, PMs/Conversations and over PSN, I'd have Ā£27,894.

If I gave back a quid every time I did it, I'd have Ā£27,894. Probably.

Last edited:
Whatever reasons for leaving you have are your own. You can stop visiting or you can stick around. You can read every post on the forum or put people on your ignore list and not see anything they post. But this:

Sorry for the bad words or impulsive reactions but iĀ“m a 100% latin guy and sometime it just happen like this.

is 100% grade F tripe. That is not an excuse or a get out of gaol free card.

i just donĀ“t agree anymore with mods specially Dann,playing clearly with is little power who close my second thread that i open just to let my tunes links for GTP users. They donĀ“t have anything to see with this and i canĀ“t prejudicate a lot of cool people who like to drive my cars.
I didnĀ“t do this in my original garage because it was closed , impossible to edit and i donĀ“t pretend to re-open it .
As I said earlier, your original thread was perfectly usable until you deliberately broke it so that those cool people who like to drive your cars couldn't use it anymore.

And my name is daan. Look it's written there on the screen.

I didnĀ“t do this in my original garage because it was closed , impossible to edit and i donĀ“t pretend to re-open it . I repeat , iĀ“ll move from GTP, no way back, so no reason to ask to open it again.

It is possible to edit the old thread, you just need a mod to unlock it. It was locked because after the first post was deleted, the only thing the thread would have been good for would have been arguments over what happened. That would have been an off topic discussion, so consistent with the running of GTP up until now, the off topic thread was locked.

As far as reopening goes, that doesn't imply that you need to be there to manage the thread. You can have it reopened and then leave the site. When I first read that you had opened a second thread with the links for tunes I, as a non staff member, knew it was highly likely to be locked. It would have been a duplicate thread after all. I assume your original thread contains a lot of discussion and content that would be helpful for members. This is why there is a push to use it instead of a new thread. It also declutters the forum.

I just donĀ“t like abuse of power. I repeat , i wasnĀ“t the bad guy in the story. I just ask an old troll to stay away from my garage and ****** is not a bad word.
You don't like abuse of power, but you're admitting to overstepping boundaries here. The mods/admins determine what's a bad word on GTP. That's how ownership works. The only motivation behind staff actions that I could see is to maintain the site according to the AUP. You can disagree with how the site is run, but at least try to realize you weren't given any kind of special treatment, either positive or negative.

I'm not trying to change your mind on leaving the site, I'm just concerned that you might not see things clearly from the mod's point of view for whatever reason.

This is really old news now but for the mods to claim that this was handled correctly is not right. Priaino made one defensive comment, Daan told him a couple of times to stop fighting, Priaino took it badly, Famine stepped in, clearly lost his temper, things were said, thread was locked.

Priaino makes second thread purely to repair links, Daan locks thread.

Are you seriously saying that no ego or tempers are involved here? All involved have behaved like infants.

This is really old news now but for the mods to claim that this was handled correctly is not right. Priaino made one defensive comment, Daan told him a couple of times to stop fighting, Priaino took it badly, Famine stepped in, clearly lost his temper, things were said, thread was locked.

Priaino makes second thread purely to repair links, Daan locks thread.

Are you seriously saying that no ego or tempers are involved here? All involved have behaved like infants.

I suggest not to make assumptions, only the staff knows the full details of what happened behind the scenes. I saw the last thread that got deleted, a few other members here also knew what happened. I'd say ego and temper is not on the staff, at all.

You have the series of events down right(minus one little statement that I'm sure is easy to spot), but you still feel he was wronged? It shouldn't take multiple warnings in the first place. Still, he deleted his OP and even stated that it was never to be used again, rendering the thread useless. That is, unless you consider a bunch of off-topic, backlash useful.

He has every opportunity to get his thread up and running again, he is the only one stopping that, not the mods. Still, I'm confused, as no punishment has even been issued. He's not banned, his thread can be up and running at any time he wishes, so I'm not understanding why the mods are under attack on this.

šŸ‘šŸ‘

The only one to blame here, is that troll, who may be laughing of all this. And will probably do it all again.

Famine stepped in, clearly lost his temper
Nope. As pointed out to someone else who thinks this is motivated by anger, had I lost my temper the member in question would have been banned. The fact that they are still able to post and berate us for not doing so entirely destroys the concept of me losing my temper.

The thread was locked, once again, because it became totally without purpose once the person running it deleted the first post and claimed to be leaving the site - no praiano, no more new tunes in the praiano tunes thread - other than as a focal point for people to wade in and have their ill-informed say.

We don't like banning people - we haven't even banned praiano, despite the provocation - so leaving a thread open in place for people to do nothing but abuse the staff and get themselves banned is unproductive. We wouldn't get anything from it, nor would any other member.

Once again, the thread can be unlocked in a trice and the opening post can be restored in slightly less of a trice but a mere breeze nonetheless. It is not permanently removed (in fact even if it was deleted it wouldn't be) and neither is the individual who started it - and it's in praiano's hands whether he wishes to deny the thread's existence or not.
This doesn't seem petty? I'd expect this from a child not a mod
From the FAQ:
Your GTPlanet username is more than just a name ā€“ itā€™s your identity and the way people recognize you.
It would seem a simple act to get someone's username right just as you'd get their forename right, especially as you don't have to actually remember it - you can just copy and paste it.
The only one to blame here, is that troll, who may be laughing of all this. And will probably do it all again.
There is a certain... something to the fact that many of the objections are coming from people who think the incident was entirely instigated by an individual they term "troll" and, despite GTP's staff repeatedly advising people not to feed the trolls to deny them attention, spending 48 hours and 5 pages talking about them.

No, the mods SELECTIVELY enforce the rules, and some mods interpret them differently than others. Some stretch the definition of "aggression" and "rudeness" to include the mildest things you might hear in a kindergarten or church, let alone on prime time TV. Some must wilt if they leave the safety of their computer screens and venture into the real world.

This is as close to trolling as it gets.

Don't be surprised if another moderator goat comes by and knocks you off the bridge for good.

This isn't about winning or losing, the bigger you get on any forum the more šŸ¤¬ you have to put up with.

...as demonstrated by the rubbish the moderators are having to put up with over this.

(That's not aimed at you, DolHaus. Your post was spot on.)

Are you seriously saying that no ego or tempers are involved here?

The only temper involved is Praiano's. I doubt either daan or Famine particularly care either way, so long as the AUP is adhered to.

This doesn't seem petty? I'd expect this from a child not a mod

No, it doesn't seem petty. It's not difficult to copy the letters on a screen. Constantly accusing a mod of absuing power -
i just donĀ“t agree anymore with mods specially Dann,playing clearly with is little power who close my second thread that i open just to let my tunes links for GTP users.

- that's petty.

I'm amazed there are still people who appear to not understand that all Praiano has to do is ask for his thread to be reopened. I'm sure he doesn't even need to apologise (although in my opinion he ought to).

Sad to see another prolific poster leave the site.

The 'ignore' function.
Sure, I guess if you don't like or generally agree with a particular forumers posting style or thoughts, then use the ignore function.
But to need to, or have it suggested that you use the ignore function as a way of avoiding conflict suggests 3 things to me.
You're constantly being trolled, harassed, or bullied by the same person.
All 3 of which I believe are against the AUP.

Suggestions of using the 'ignore' function under those circumstances seems to me to be using a band-aid to mask the true issue.
I'm not specifically referring to this case, just a general observation.
My 2 cents.

I think there are other member here who uses ignore button simply to avoid heated discussion or having their posts picked apart/questioned and have to deal with defending all the time, so not necessarily because of trolling, harassment or bullying. It's a very useful tool that will help a lot in the long run if someone have issue with other member.

I don't consider "Yeah sure ... :rolleyes:" as trolling or harassment though. I could easily ignored it :lol: ( without ignore button )

The 'ignore' function.
Sure, I guess if you don't like or generally agree with a particular forumers posting style or thoughts, then use the ignore function.
But to need to, or have it suggested that you use the ignore function as a way of avoiding conflict suggests 3 things to me.

Suggestions of using the 'ignore' function under those circumstances seems to me to be using a band-aid to mask the true issue.
My 2 cents.
The ignore function isnt a band aid, it's a solution.

Yes, they may be breaking the AUP but you know what you do then?

Report them.

Let the mods discuss the situation and move on with your life.

The 'ignore' function.

My 2 cents.
That's why I said "Report them" before "Ignore them". We need to know about it first - and if they are breaking the AUP we can do something about it...

Last edited:
Yep sure.
People don't have to respond, it's always a choice.

I'm not trying to be clever, or lay blame in any particular case by sneaking in sideways.
Just my general thoughts on it.

šŸ‘šŸ‘

This is simply off the mark.

The issue is/was between Praiano and his reaction to the way Daan intervened.

The spat was only one post apiece with the no indication it would escalate - it was almost 2 days later when Daan got involved and not another word had passed between them in the thread.

I think you missed what was deleted... A lot more was said, then what we read now.

The spat was only one post apiece with the no indication it would escalate - it was almost 2 days later when Daan got involved and not another word had passed between them in the thread.

Why do you think he had that reaction on the first place? The History goes far beyond that post and this present moment.

Let's just cut to the chase as I think this has gone on plenty long enough and now we're just repeating ourselves.

• If @praiano63 wishes to return, he's more than welcome to do so.
  • If @praiano63 wishes to have his original thread unlocked and first post reverted, he simply needs to ask.
  • If there is an issue between two members, it needs to be reported, not escalated. The staff can't be everywhere so we need your assistance.
  • If there is continuing issue between members, the ignore feature works beautifully.
  • If you have an issue with how one of the staff handles something, by all means let Jordan know. Clearly that's not a guarantee that the decision will be reversed, simply reviewed.
Can we let this blow over now? Please?

Why do you think he had that reaction on the first place? The History goes far beyond that post and this present moment.

If he had reported the post instead and use the ignore button, none of this would happen, no locked threads, this thread won't exist.

The last drama in the garage was from mid last year ( page 78 - 79 ), and was started from a member who had no intention to cause trouble IMO ( started with a question ), but the loyal followers seems to react more dramatic than it should. The garage seems like a special place for certain people ( like a fort :lol:, look or talk the wrong way, good luck :lol: ) I also noticed how some would react with harsh remarks, defending aggressively with personal digs ( ganged up ), instead of discussing the issue at hand - solve it ( there's nothing to lose anyway, the garage already has reputation most will not doubt ) or politely ask to move it to PM. This kind of reaction could bring forth a new animosity that might spark friction in the future.

I know the history better than has been explained in this thread and understand why he reacted the way he did.

So is the implication here supposed to be that daan should have minded his own business or something?

I think there are other member here who uses ignore button simply to avoid heated discussion or having their posts picked apart/questioned and have to deal with defending all the time, so not necessarily because of trolling, harassment or bullying. It's a very useful tool that will help a lot in the long run if someone have issue with other member.
Of course, there is a danger to using it for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back